PDA

View Full Version : Wanting Foreign Language Books

katilady
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey ya'll! I was wondering if any of you outside the US (or even in it if you have them) would be willing to trade me one or some of your foreign (to me) language books. I am talking about your pulp fiction, cheap kind of books that you lend to a friend who then loses it and you don't care. Cheap, paperback grocery store books. I am looking for all languages: French, Finnish, Danish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Portuguese, Hebrew etc...

In turn I could send out 1 English language paperback to you or we could negotiate for something else. Such as: fiber, collage images, ATC's, chunky pages, scrabble tiles, ephemera etc.

Let me know if interested!

mynameisJenn
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey Kati,
I'm going thrift store shopping this weekend for books to alter if I find anything with foreign pages it's yours.

Pippin
07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
If i come across any french i will let you know! Canada being bilingual and all!!

katilady
07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
That would be awesome ya'll! The only foreign text I can find here in thrift stores is from language classes. And while you can get some good pages out of them most are interspersed with English.

fantasy firebird
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
well I can have a look for some Welsh text books if you would like

stillatthetop
07-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Oh! And last night I was just thinking of starting a thread like this! Only I wasn't going for the whole books...just chunks of pages. You are right. The only foreign books that I have found were college text books...with lots of written notes in the margins. Not a lot of real text, like those juicy romance books...mostly just lesson plans with lots of headings and such. *Sigh* I will wait a bit, then post my request. I traded out a bunch of foreign pages I had...now I wish I had them back! LOL.

katilady
07-30-2008, 05:12 PM
well I can have a look for some Welsh text books if you would like

I would love it!

boatbird
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
I'll have a look next time I get a morning off- I'll probably be able to find SIlhouette type novels (something small and not too expensive to post) in Greek and Russian- otherwise I can get single pages to you! Being a tourist area, we occasionally find other language books too... in fact I know where I can lay my hands on a couple..... I'll PM you if I have any luck!

katilady
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I'll have a look next time I get a morning off- I'll probably be able to find SIlhouette type novels (something small and not too expensive to post) in Greek and Russian- otherwise I can get single pages to you! Being a tourist area, we occasionally find other language books too... in fact I know where I can lay my hands on a couple..... I'll PM you if I have any luck!

Awesome, thank you so much!

Bubblecup
07-31-2008, 01:50 AM
I have access to French books. novels, textbooks, children's books, etc. I'd love to trade for an ATC or 2, depending on how many books you'd like. I can also just send a bunch of pages from numerous French books, giving you more of a variety of type and size.

katilady
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I have access to French books. novels, textbooks, children's books, etc. I'd love to trade for an ATC or 2, depending on how many books you'd like. I can also just send a bunch of pages from numerous French books, giving you more of a variety of type and size.

Awesome! I would love 1 novel if that's OK? How many ATC's would you want?

mynameisJenn
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Kati I had no such luck :(

Bright-Spark
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
katilady, I have a pile of old french novels, and can always pick up Dutch ones since I work there. Let me know what you are after, whether you actually want whole books or piles of pages?

katilady
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I would love whole books! Paperback is perfect and so are French and Dutch! PM me about what you would like for trade!

painted rose
08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
quite often charity bookshops will have foreign books - I went into oxfam's at the weekend and got two japanese books with 300+ pages each for 2...

katilady
08-06-2008, 10:08 AM
quite often charity bookshops will have foreign books - I went into oxfam's at the weekend and got two japanese books with 300+ pages each for 2...

That's awesome! Where I live no such luck.

Rachel
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Kati,

I have Spanish, German, Swiss, and Italian. Let me know if interested.

Rachel

katilady
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I am totally interested, especially in the Swiss and German!

boatbird
09-24-2008, 06:34 AM
PM'ing you sweetie! I found a cheap slushy romance book all in Greek :) and all yours!

Wendy
09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Kati, PM me if you're still interested in Dutch books!