PDA

View Full Version : ALTERED CD Open Theme Due Nov. 1st

Pages : [1] 2

ArteDar
08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Swap Due Date - Nov. 1st
Signup/withdraw date - Oct.20th
Number of Cards - This is a 1/1 or 2/2 or 3/3 (what you send in you get back).
Number of participants - U.S. players: no limit-Number of International players:15

OPEN THEME If you're scared, say you’re scared…ROFL!!! We can help!
http://gomakesomething.com/ht/recycled/altered-cds/ TY LisaV
I will be playing and swapping no more then 3 cd's of my own.

*Note: If you are a no notice of withdrawal or no show you will receive a neutral iTrader rating.
*itrader of 5+ to participate
*U.S.A. please send enough post stamps or equivalent $ amount that it cost you to send yours to me.
*International, the return postage is on me.
*Everyone send an address label.
*I will supply the return envelopes.
*User name must be on the art piece and the envie.
*Please, at the very least put your cd in a plastic baggie.
Let’s have fun and make some altered cd’s.
Open theme…anything your heart desires.

[COLOR="Red"]Red/Received
1.ArteDar
2.Carolina Soap Chef
3.Monarch
4.Bizzyare
5.egrobeck
6.Tweexcore
7.redplantlady
8.lola
9.Ria
10.Dadreemer
11.cparmelee
12.GoatGoddess
13.egrobeck
14.lisavollrath
15.Janice
16.xraypinky
17.Robin
18.SEMOkraftee
19.LilyLemon
20.HeyMaggie
21.Kaisaj
22.doodlebug
23.amyfaerie
24.aprilrain
25.Sweetest~Sin
26.HHC
27.NancyL
28.Pamitha
29.nomnom
30.angelique
31.LAB
32.goblin giggles
33.Goodmorningstarshine
35.rockstarsgal

the last cd is BIZZYARE'S....my inspiration for starting this.

RoOskie
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
May I join please??? Thanks, Amanda

spunkygal
08-08-2008, 01:42 AM
I would love to join this trade. Please add me.

ArteDar
08-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Thanks for joining Rooskie and spunkygal.....hope ya have lots of fun and share your process if you want to.

rockstarsgirl
08-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I would like in, too please. The ones you put up in the gallery are wonderful

ArteDar
08-08-2008, 02:18 AM
TY Rocksie.....we all need to put those ol' cd's to good use, eh?

ArteDar
08-08-2008, 02:29 AM
This is Bizzyare's cd that inspired me to make some to swap with her. She gave me permission to post the pic and she may even come play too....*fingers and toes crossed*....AWESOME Altered CD, yeah!

monarch
08-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Please sign me up.........

Bizzyare
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
OK, since you put it that way.....I would love to come and play with you guys! Sign me up. :spinny:

egrobeck
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
oooh! first time I've seen this type of swap - yay! please count me in thanks!

Carolina Soap Chef
08-08-2008, 02:23 PM
HI THERE, tHANKS FOR SIGNING ME UP. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ALTERING CD'S.

ArteDar
08-08-2008, 02:23 PM
monarch, Bizzyare, egrobeck....thanks so much for joining.....I'm sure you won't be sorry Bizzyare!

redplantlady
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Hello, this sounds great! Can I play please?

lola123
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I've never done one before, but I'd like to try please?

Ria
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I have never altered a CD before, but would love to join in - need to do bit of research!

monarch
08-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I needed to try making one of these before I signed up and here it is....Should I paper the back, too.....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2745599826_4c45bd9a6b_m.jpg

Lily Lemon
08-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I was just logging on to ask Dar if she could show us her back ...er..back of her cd! :)

Dadreemer
08-08-2008, 08:50 PM
That is so cool Carol. With the ones I've seen posted here, I am tempted to try this my self........Still thinking about it.

artrageous
08-08-2008, 08:55 PM
ok, here's a silly question... what do you do with the altered CDs?

cparmelee
08-08-2008, 09:16 PM
can i play please?

goatgoddess
08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Now this is one thing I've never tried - sign me please, oh master of all things altered :)

egrobeck
08-08-2008, 10:47 PM
got a question - do we need to include altered jewel case or chipboard cd holders? or are we just making cds? and yes, should we artsy up the back side of the disk? thanks!

lisavollrath
08-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh, yes, sign me up, please!

Bizzyare
08-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I have made several of these and it is very fun to do. My question is always to cover the hole or not to cover the hole. I personally left the hole open so I can hang them on the wall. I think it would be cool to keep them in one of those CD cases that have the clear plastic sleeves-like a book.

Lily Lemon
08-09-2008, 11:30 AM
So, is the back decorated, too?

Janice
08-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Ive never tried this before but it loos like fun - I also would like to know whether you do the back too - it seem sensible but not so much perhaps:err:

cparmelee
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
i haven't decorated the backs, but i've made them nice--like you would for a chunky book. our host must be away for the weekend...?

xraypinky
08-09-2008, 07:56 PM
If you are still open, I would like to sign up - I have one I started and never finished, now I have a reason! I have left the hole open before, and covered the backside too - just with paper and info, but I didn't embellish it. Are we restricted in anyway, or can theses be fat and chunky?

Robin
08-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I would like to try this! Have room for me?

ArteDar
08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the questions gals.
I did not put a lot of rules on this one mainly because I want you all to have the freedom of creativity. I have found in the past swaps I’ve hosted too many rules can ruin the process and for a lot of us it’s our first time altering cd’s and we will need room for our experimentations.

I have always appreciated when care of the packaging presentation has been paid attention to. Some of the cd’s may be too thick and chunky to fit into a hard plastic cover case so it’s your call.
BUT….I would like to suggest that at the very least each of your cd’s should be in a plastic baggie and will edit the first page to include this. Every piece of art you make and mail should be in a clear plastic cover of some kind whether it’s an atc, chunkie page, art doll, circle journal page and so on for many reasons.
Please do what you would like with the backs.
It’s also your choice if you want to cover up the hole or not.
Sharing techniques (example: can small holes be drilled on the edge so there can be dangles attached), choices of glues and mediums, sources for clip art if that’s what you might choose to use and are looking for, types of paints and inks that will adhere properly and stay on permanently, do I (us) want to take a heat gun to it and melt it a bit, are some more things we can discuss.
Some of us have some experience working with plastic and already know what works and what doesn’t. I am always willing to give my knowledge to those who ask for help. I could probably write project books to be published and get paid….and so could you…..but not here…..this is home and family here to me.
I really hope to see how far we can go with these by experimenting….so that means no rules girls and guys trying not to make our art all look the same.
So, now go play….have fun…. and even happy mistakes are serendipity.
Oh, and what do we do with them.....good question. As with any art piece it's up to the individual how they wish to display it and where.....that's a whole big and wonderful topic in it's self. The CD book thingy sounds like fun.

I'm putting lots of artist names on the sign up list.....hahaha....even if you're just thinking 'bout it your name is there somewhere....'cause I luv ya!

ps....yes, I was away playing with grandbaby Friday and Saturday.....can't fault me for that....heehee.

monarch
08-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Don't you want me in your swap......:unsure::huh:

Dadreemer
08-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Me! Me! Me! Add me too.

stillatthetop
08-10-2008, 04:40 AM
May I play?

adifferentstory
08-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Can I join in please Dar?

ArteDar
08-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Don't you want me in your swap......:unsure::huh:

GOOD GRIEF.....Please forgive me Carol.....I was too tired last night and hubby just couldn't stop chatting at me....you know I want you to play and after I saw the cd you made I KNOW you belong here.....ok, you have my permission to kick me in the butt for making you stop and think, "what's wrong with that crazy lady?"

ArteDar
08-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm scared - but only a little bit. :) I've done one of these just for myself. Sign me up please!

;)....you're cute! Thanks for joining!

Bizzyare
08-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I just know that when all of you start working on these, the ideas will just start flowing. Enjoyment will replace your apprehensions. Go for it!:jiggy:

Lily Lemon
08-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok, I'm signing up officially instead of just stalking!

Thanks, Dar!

ArteDar
08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
LilyLemon... you made my day....truely!;)

Some suggestions of what I tried on the plastic cdís.
INKS: Sharpie Permanent Markers
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks
Delta Pigment In Pad
Laser printed images as opposed to ink jet that when wet will run/smear.
GLUES: Apiís Crafterís Pick (the clearest Iíve ever used thanks to Rocnic)
Golden Gel Medium
Yes paste
SEALERS: Spray Clear Varnish (easiest application, use several coats)
Beeís Wax
Diamond Glaze
Inkssentals- Glossy Accents (apply with a broad brush to paper collage)
NOT recommended- Decoupage, it is tacky to touch even after drying. If you use this make sure you use a non-stick sealer on top.

My gluing technique: I use a scrap paper surface to work on. I apply my glue directly to the project. Using a stiff cardboard (or junk mail credit card, my fav) I spread it out in a thin layer PAST the edge of cutout. I usually have to use tweezers to pick it up and place it on the project. To press it down I use a clean paper towel that will absorb the excess glue if there is any by dabbing and making sure to look and not spread glue to the next dabbing spot.. If you have a thin even layer you will not have excess glue squishing out from under it.
For teeny tiny objects and ribbon I always use a toothpick.
Give it some practice and see what you think.

ArteDar
08-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Sure Susanb....we are happy to have you.

lisavollrath
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
I have a lesson on one method I've used to alter CDs posted at Go Make Something: Simple Altered CDs (http://gomakesomething.com/ht/recycled/altered-cds/).

I also have a few posted on my personal site, here (http://www.lisavollrath.com/cmg/thumbnails.php?album=31). They're mostly collaged, with a little painting and rubber stamping thrown in.

ArteDar
08-10-2008, 08:09 PM
I have a lesson on one method I've used to alter CDs posted at Go Make Something: Simple Altered CDs (http://gomakesomething.com/ht/recycled/altered-cds/).

I also have a few posted on my personal site, here (http://www.lisavollrath.com/cmg/thumbnails.php?album=31). They're mostly collaged, with a little painting and rubber stamping thrown in.

Thank you ever sooooooooo much.....I'm inspired and I know the other gals will be blown away as well. Your work is MAGNIFICENT!!!! So much talent there and the directions is a huge help. Thanks again and again!:jiggy:

heymaggie
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Please include me in this swap. I love arting up CDs. I got a whole box of old AOL cds at the post office.

ArteDar
08-10-2008, 11:33 PM
AWESOME HeyMaggie...really happy to have ya come play too!:wub:

adifferentstory
08-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Can anyone tell me what the best glue is to use to stick the card to the CD?

kaisaj
08-11-2008, 09:11 AM
I have about a bazillion cd's, so please sign me up!

Lily Lemon
08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Ok, here are the fronts. Now for the backs....

lisavollrath
08-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Lily, those are awesome! I love the little flowers with rhinestones in them.

ArteDar
08-11-2008, 11:09 AM
ADStory…. I used Crafter’s Pick and the Golden gel medium.
Kaisaj…. love to have ya come play with us!
LilyL…. absolutely GORGIOUS…I adore both of ‘em!

kaisaj
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Lily, those are really great!

Lisa, I looked at yours, too. Beautiful!

Lynne--I use a glue stick and if I want to put flowers, etc. on them, I use hot glue. But not for the original papers. Sometimes glue dots for the embellishments, as well.

Ria
08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Adiff, I've used PVA very thinly and found this works OK, need to use brayer or rolling pin to make sure glue is evenly squished under piccie or papers etc. I then put a coating on the finished part to ensure it's well sealed.

Can anyone tell me what the best glue is to use to stick the card to the CD?

doodlebug
08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I would like to join please!!

rockstarsgirl
08-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Beautiful CD's Lily! Love the Aqua one, especially!

Dadreemer
08-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Ok, here are the fronts. Now for the backs....

Gorgeous, Lily Lemon!

ArteDar
08-12-2008, 03:25 AM
TY for joining the swap doodlebug.....have fun!

Gezza
08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Dar If there is any room left please count me in:spinny:

ArteDar
08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Love to have ya come play too Gezza....thanks for joining!

Here's two more I made last night. Collaged and covered with bee's wax.....which I'm totally addicted to now!

Lily Lemon
08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I love that second one, Dar!

sometomato
08-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Dar, is there room for me still? I would like to try my hand at this. Wouldn't it be fun to make a BOOK of altered CDs?

lisavollrath
08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Book of CDs made me think of two things:

I did a music-themed altered book round robin many moons ago. One of the girls sent out a book that was a paged CD holder, with pockets just big enough to hold a single CD on each page. She filled the pockets with CDs, and those were our pages to decorate. In a sea of same old books, hers really stood out in that project.

The second thing was how I store my altered CDs. It's in this hard plastic box, with pages in it, designed to separate the CDs just a bit between. It's very book-like, in a hard plastic kinda way. Pics attached, but it really doesn't photograph too well, since it's matte black.

ArteDar
08-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow LisaV....what a kewl idea.....I hope to be able to come up with a neat way for me to easily look at my collection too. GOOD ONE!

Sure SomeTomato...love to have ya come play too!

sashibala
08-12-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm a-scared but feeling brave since altering things is not my usual thing. So sign me up, please? :)

curbsidetreasure
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
hey dar please sign me up :)

sometomato
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Lisa I like your idea - and I have seen other CD holders that would do too. What I was thinking of was a CD'sized metal case I picked up somewhere that opens to pages. I think it was intended for some kind of scrapbook album. Thinking of bookmaking ways that one could do this I realize someone has probably already done it!

ArteDar
08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
sashibala...teehee....you're just too cute to say you're scared....still ROFLMAO!!!, but I know you can do it....with all the help LisaV has given with her link I wouldn't be suprised if everyone could do it now....ty for joining!
Curbsidetreasure.....I know for a fact you can do this and have a blast at it too...TY for joining in!

amyfaerie
08-14-2008, 05:34 AM
aw hell, dar! add me!

Gezza
08-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Amy I thought you would still be buried in boxes, but you must have got the art supplies unpacked!!!! I hope you are liking your new home.

aprilrain
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
If there is room for me please add me to this! I have altered cd's before,and had so much fun. Thanks! :D

ArteDar
08-14-2008, 10:51 PM
amyfaerie and aprilrain you both are more then welcome to come join in....thanx!

spunkygal
08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
I have several extra CD's if any one needs a few. Please PM me to make arrangements to get them from me.

spunkygal

ArteDar
08-16-2008, 01:31 PM
You're a really sweetie missy spunkygal! Thanks for offering your extras. oxoxox

Ria
08-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I have made 2 so far for this swap

ArteDar
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
There are WONDERFUL Ria....and I bet ya wanna keep making more, eh?!

spunkygal
08-16-2008, 07:25 PM
very welcome! I will love emptying my drawer! I hope I can find some takers.

Batraplume
08-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Hi there!
I've been reading this thread since its beginning because I love the idea of an altered CD and I love what you do all here. I won't sign up because I'm alrealdy in (too) many other swaps :confused: but I just wanted to share a link that I have up my sleeve...
http://cdhistoires.blogspot.com/
Although it's a French blog, it's called "Circle Design". It doesn't show mixed-media altered CD but fabric/textile altered CD (not sure this is the right translation!). I thought you would like to have a look to the site. No need to speak French to watch the photos ;)
The last themes was houses, doors and birds. I don't like everything but some pieces are worth having a look!
And i hope to join your group someday... when I have some time!!

Ria
08-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Oh I have, I've altered just over a dozen, I have also bought myself a binder so will be putting all mine in a book form. My brother has been suppying me with old CD's he has. I'm, altering one with paper mache at the moment and it's turning rather well, have a few more bits and pieces to add, but will put link to it when I have completed.

There are WONDERFUL Ria....and I bet ya wanna keep making more, eh?!

ArteDar
08-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi there!
I've been reading this thread since its beginning because I love the idea of an altered CD and I love what you do all here. I won't sign up because I'm alrealdy in (too) many other swaps :confused: but I just wanted to share a link that I have up my sleeve...
http://cdhistoires.blogspot.com/
Although it's a French blog, it's called "Circle Design". It doesn't show mixed-media altered CD but fabric/textile altered CD (not sure this is the right translation!). I thought you would like to have a look to the site. No need to speak French to watch the photos ;)
The last themes was houses, doors and birds. I don't like everything but some pieces are worth having a look!
And i hope to join your group someday... when I have some time!!

Oh....I hope you get some time to come play too! Thanks ever so much for the link.....it was awesome....neat that there are fiber ones too....SusieT would love to see these! I esp. love the angel one. KEWL!!!

Robin
08-17-2008, 04:49 PM
This was fun! My first altered CD! I have made 3 ( 2 for the trade and 1 for our wonderfull hostess ). They will be going in the mail tommorow.

Thanks for letting me play along! :jiggy:

ArteDar
08-18-2008, 12:13 PM
This was fun! My first altered CD! I have made 3 ( 2 for the trade and 1 for our wonderfull hostess ). They will be going in the mail tommorow.

Thanks for letting me play along! :jiggy:

These are wonderful....an awesome subject too....pets, LOVE it! TYTYTY for the extra for me....you're the BEST! Aren't they fun to make? I think so....and want to make more soon. Thanks again, I'll look closely for the arrival and let you know when they get here.

Lily Lemon
08-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I think mine might have arrived!:)

ArteDar
08-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I think mine might have arrived!:)

Oh YES, LL....I did get 'em (and the lil books) highlighted your name in first pg.....sorry I forgot to post here too....LOVE 'EM! Thanks ever so much for the delightful and gorgeous lil book made for me....you ROCK!

sweetest-sin
08-24-2008, 02:48 AM
ok can i reserve a international spot . ill make them then decide to send them ?

sweetest-sin
08-24-2008, 03:07 AM
ok can i reserve a international spot . ill make them then decide to send them ?

Lily Lemon
08-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Ah, here's my first attempt. I tried doing a little painting but I don't like the way it turned out. I think I might throw it away and start over. Screw my lack of collage-ing skills :embarrassed:

Oooh! I love that! I made two bird cds for myself to go in the guestroom which is getting redecorated in a bird theme. Yours would look great with them!

Gezza
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Ah, here's my first attempt. I tried doing a little painting but I don't like the way it turned out. I think I might throw it away and start over. Screw my lack of collage-ing skills :embarrassed:

I think you did a good job!!!! Believe in yourself:P

xraypinky
08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Twxcr Udrgd - Don't throw it away!!! Don't think it's bad! Make it Zetti or something, add a pointy hat, but don't trash it! That would be tragic.

xraypinky
08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Robin - I know why you liked doing the CDs - because it's like an oversized Rinchie!

ArteDar
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM

Yes....don't trash it....we love it....and I think a hat would be perfect!

Sweetest~sin....got in doll....hope ya have fun!

sweetest-sin
08-26-2008, 11:44 AM
hiya everyone i have had a whale of a time , ill be punching some holes and adding dangles when they are dryed

heymaggie
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM

Please don't throw that away!!! It's wonderful!!!

Siena
08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, Tweexcore! I LOVE your crowned birdie! And the moon face and stars is really cool, too!

ArteDar
08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
AWWWWwwwwwww....yepper....they are both just lovely!

HHC
08-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh dear... I'm thinking I may have to do this. I've made CD sized circle chunky pages, so this seems a logical next step. :) Please sign me up.

stillatthetop
08-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Wow Tweex. I think your muse caught the collage bug. Those look spectacular! I love what you added to the birdie. Very good design choices....even if you needed a bit of a nudge. I love the girl moon, too. I'm sitting here thinking, "Now, why didn't I think of that???" LOL.

xraypinky
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Tweex - you found your groove. Loving the crow crown and other additions. The moon is great too - you're going to shine! Get it - moon...shine... haha.

ArteDar
08-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh dear... I'm thinking I may have to do this. I've made CD sized circle chunky pages, so this seems a logical next step. :) Please sign me up.

That's awesome Helen....thanks for joining in.....have fun with it!

NancyL
08-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Okay, I keep coming back to this swap. I might as well join. I won't know if I can make it work unless I try. If I'm trying, I might as well be swapping. Please sign me up. thanks......N

NancyL
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I keep coming back to this swap. Please sign me up. thanks, NL

stillatthetop
08-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Okay, I keep coming back to this swap. I might as well join. I won't know if I can make it work unless I try. If I'm trying, I might as well be swapping. Please sign me up. thanks......N

I keep coming back to this swap. Please sign me up. thanks, NL

Wow. You must really want in bad!

I hear the crop-o-dile is the way to go to punch holes in these "little discs of platnum". I'm planning to buy one soon.

NancyL
08-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I wasn't sure that the first reply got through. That's why I'm twice in a row. I just found ATCs For All earlier this month. I'm impressed with all that I have managed to do. Just Ducky has walked me through much of the computer processes, and nudged me when needed.
I love this site in that you learn about the artists and you learn new art-ways. (Not all ATC swap sites are like this. Trust me.)

ArteDar
08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
How kewl Nancy that you feel like you are at home here...I agree that there are some really wonderful peeps here and a huge asset to all of us.
I'm glad you want to join in.....it will be lots of fun.

NancyL
08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
what a cool site, even tho it was in French. It gave me lots of ideas......NL

stillatthetop
08-29-2008, 05:30 AM
I was just kidding you, Nancy. I figured it was that computer glitch thing where it hangs up and you aren't sure it posted. LOL. I've done that, too. Welcome Aboard.

I'm anxious to dive into these puppies.

Has anyone had success using a drill to put holes in them, or will they crack? I only have a couple extra to work with if I ruin any. I may not get a Crop-a-dile in time, and I wish to have charms and fibers on mine. Could I start with a tiny drill bit, and then work up to the bigger size I want? I know that works with wood to keep it from splitting.

ArteDar
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I was just kidding you, Nancy. I figured it was that computer glitch thing where it hangs up and you aren't sure it posted. LOL. I've done that, too. Welcome Aboard.

I'm anxious to dive into these puppies.

Has anyone had success using a drill to put holes in them, or will they crack? I only have a couple extra to work with if I ruin any. I may not get a Crop-a-dile in time, and I wish to have charms and fibers on mine. Could I start with a tiny drill bit, and then work up to the bigger size I want? I know that works with wood to keep it from splitting.

I'll give it a go myself with both and let you know later today.
I have extras and will send 'em out ASAP for ya too.

Dadreemer
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I planned on using my Dremel on the Cd's. Getting started later today. All of the Cd's here has been a true inspiration. Keep 'em coming.

ArteDar
08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Shoot Still....I didn't get the time to try it yet....but will soon.....sorry babycakes.

xraypinky
08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Here's my CD - don't know if I will add more to it or not, it's a vintage circus theme.

NancyL
08-30-2008, 01:41 AM
My hope is that there will be more Altered Cd swaps in the future. I am having so much fun. I am making 5 and choosing three to send. Gesso seems to stay on the CDs, as does acyrllic paint. Glue stick is working to keep things on.

sweetest-sin
08-30-2008, 01:49 AM
xraypinky -

WOW thats sooo cool AND full to the brim of goodies

xraypinky
08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks sweetestsin

xraypinky -

WOW thats sooo cool AND full to the brim of goodies

ArteDar
08-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Here's my CD - don't know if I will add more to it or not, it's a vintage circus theme.

LOVE this.....yummy~deliciously scrumptious!!!!!

Oh yeah, when something is a big hit and successful there usually is a sequil....let's see and cross our fingers.

Carolina Soap Chef
08-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I haven't been on for a few days so I have to comment on Robin's wonderful colours and neat ways that she uses her fibers. I like the little heart embellishments.

Ria, Your vintage style CD's are really beautiful and feminine. I especially love the way you used the little flowers like a corsage on the woman's sweater. Neato!!!

Xraypinky...There's no such thing as too many embellishments. I love, love, love your vintage circus theme. That must have been just too much fun to make!

Now i will humbly post my thumbnails of my first 4 pieces:

Carolina Soap Chef
08-30-2008, 11:20 PM
P.S. I forgot to tell you that were wondering about drilling holes in your CDs. I have drilled numerous holes with a tool my hubby got me for Christmas called a Dremel Stylus (cordless). It has a variable speed. I use the high speed only, (lack of patience) but it drills holes like its cutting through butter. I love it and use it for a lot of things. My guy said he bought it at Home Depot for about $70.00. It comes with a charger and bits. I used it to drill holes for my books and drill holes for my stain glass. Anyway, there's my 2 cents worth. Oh, you can use with a bunch of other bits like sanders and wire brush thingies, and engraving bits. Prattling on now.....

Dadreemer
08-31-2008, 02:07 AM
P.S. I forgot to tell you that were wondering about drilling holes in your CDs. I have drilled numerous holes with a tool my hubby got me for Christmas called a Dremel Stylus (cordless). It has a variable speed. I use the high speed only, (lack of patience) but it drills holes like its cutting through butter. I love it and use it for a lot of things. My guy said he bought it at Home Depot for about $70.00. It comes with a charger and bits. I used it to drill holes for my books and drill holes for my stain glass. Anyway, there's my 2 cents worth. Oh, you can use with a bunch of other bits like sanders and wire brush thingies, and engraving bits. Prattling on now.....

Yup yup, the Dremel cordless is on my top 10 Best Tools list. Couldn't resist getting the 150pc. accessories kit either. You never know what you'll use them for. I cut and drilled holes in the CD too, no problem. Will upload the finished piece soon.

OK, back with the finished CD. Was feelin' the Christmas spirit. Think I'll do some more, in a different theme though.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=32987&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=32987) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=32986&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=32986)

Here is the latest update.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=33078&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=33078)

ArteDar
08-31-2008, 03:35 PM
OH LORDY LORDY....I'm simply blown off my feet....good thing I was sitting down when I saw these MAGNIFICENT CD's.....
Carolina....ya got my number sweetie....anything vinny takes my breath away....and your cd's are truly in my opinion beautiful.
Daareemer....you too darlin'....the Christmas cd is so special and how innovative to make it like a book with a hinge......the Angel one really speaks to my heart as well.

EVERYONES Cd's are more then fabulous.....I wish I could go on and on about them. I do know it's gonna be one heck of a job deciding who to swap with....I'm wanting ALL of them!!!!
I'm holding my breathe and on pins and needles waiting for all the rest of you gals to start showing yours too.....now, don't shy away 'cause these gals have raised the bar so high.....I know you all have your own style and that's what we wanna see....your own best thing!

Dadreemer
08-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm having so much fun with these! :jiggy: Here is the last one for this swap. Dar, you can choose which ever one you want.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=33114&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=33114)

Carolina Soap Chef
08-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey there Dadreemer,

Super fabulous bright and happy colours. WOW!!! Your muse must be whispering in your ear today!!! Love it.:yes:

Dadreemer
08-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah she is. And thank you for your sweet comments. She's down to a quiet scream now. I stopped creating art late last year when my mom got sick. She passed away in January and my muse kept screaming "create something!". Some art was made, not much. But now, I want to live in the moment. And right now she is givin' some kick ass art to me. My hands are on fire. Can't say what tomorrow will bring, right now I grateful.

Carolina Soap Chef
09-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Good for you! You're certainly keeping me on my toes! Watch for more of my Altered CD's later this week. I main even try that wire hinge technique you used, if you don't mind. Berkeley:jiggy:

Dadreemer
09-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Good for you! You're certainly keeping me on my toes! Watch for more of my Altered CD's later this week. I main even try that wire hinge technique you used, if you don't mind. Berkeley:jiggy:

Oh please do. I'm sure someone did it before me. There is nothing new under the sun. Inspiration and interpretation can be found in so many things.

My last CD, "The World of Nature" (not made for this swap) is an interpretation of the altered CD that Tweexcore created (the moon and stars). The shape, color and theme of it struck the fancy of my muse. It is interesting what we see when we look at art.

Carolina Soap Chef
09-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Here's 3 more that i finished this week. I tried to tone them down just a bit and not make them to-o-o-o chunky. More layers instead.

ArteDar
09-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Here's 3 more that i finished this week. I tried to tone them down just a bit and not make them to-o-o-o chunky. More layers instead.

Out Standing.....and the bar is still up there...OMG....how yummy...MMMmmmm

Don't ya'll just wanna see MORE?!!!

heymaggie
09-06-2008, 01:11 PM
I've been altering CDs for some years now and here's what I do with them. I make mobiles and give them to my friends. I usually leave the shiny side somewhat open to catch the sunlight or room light and cast beams on the walls of the room where they hang.

egrobeck
09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Everyone's cds are just awesome! You've all inspired me to get going on this so today I made my first altered cds - what a ton of fun! I can't wait to make more now! No more throwing away bad cds ever again! They'll be going in the mail on Monday. Here's a peek (the backs are arted up, too, but I'll leave that as a surprise for whomever gets one of mine) (these have hangers and have artsy cd sleeves for protection, too) I used my cropadile to punch the holes (Gosh I love that tool!!)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2833880257_d45399e8ba.jpg

ArteDar
09-06-2008, 09:54 PM
OMG OMG OH MY GAWD......and it just gets better and better.....I'm lovin' these sooooooo much.....man~o~man, am I glad we have this swap going on.....it's AWESOME!

Dadreemer
09-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Gosh, I'm havin' a hard time breathing! The creativity that is coming out of this swap is amazing! Dar, you are gonna have such a time with these when swapping them out. Don't 'cha wanna keep 'em all? I know I would. Fantastic work everyone.

Carolina Soap Chef
09-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Thank God some artwork on the horizon!! How beautiful they all are Egrobeck! I especially love the blue one with the mermaids. And fab fiber abound. What a tough job Artedar is going to have letting these beauties go. :yes:

Bizzyare
09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
:chatterbox:I am so proud of all of you!

Pamitha
09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Gosh, everyone! What GREAT CD art! I have never seen such wonders in the circle form! You all do incredible work! Dar was blown off her feet and I was knocked on my derrier! Whoooooeeeeee! Darlin' Dar, may I play, too?

sometomato
09-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I haven't even gotten to scan this thread for a while, even though I am enrolled in this swap! (Too many other things to do first...) What a wonderful view! Very inspiring, so I guess I should start on this soon (after the little book challenge.)

I, too am a big fan of the Dremel tool. Unfortunately I may have to replace mine since I seem to have burnt out the high speed selection. Heating the CD a little with a heat gun also helps with holes and cutting.

egrobeck
09-07-2008, 01:11 PM
gosh, I sure wouldn't want to be hosting this swap! arte dar is going tot look like this :goofy: by the time she finally decides. lol! way too many fabulous art cds to choose from! and oh! the temptation to skip town with them all.......

JAD
09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Yup yup, the Dremel cordless is on my top 10 Best Tools list. Couldn't resist getting the 150pc. accessories kit either. You never know what you'll use them for. I cut and drilled holes in the CD too, no problem. Will upload the finished piece soon.

OK, back with the finished CD. Was feelin' the Christmas spirit. Think I'll do some more, in a different theme though.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=32987&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=32987) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=32986&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=32986)

Here is the latest update.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=33078&w=s (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=33078)

These are so awesome.....I must have looked at them for 5 minutes :):)
I just lurk in here..Never tried CD's before, but I sure love looking at them :)

ArteDar
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Gosh, everyone! What GREAT CD art! I have never seen such wonders in the circle form! You all do incredible work! Dar was blown off her feet and I was knocked on my derrier! Whoooooeeeeee! Darlin' Dar, may I play, too?

OH....Yippeeeee....I'd love to have one of my favorite artist join in on the fun....I know you will bring awesome art to this group and you'll have fun too....Thanks for joining....and it didn't even take much to bribe ya....ROFL!!!

ArteDar
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
HeyMaggie.....I would have never thought about mobiles....love that idea and may run with it....I know my hubby would love to hang one from a tree next to his spinny thingies!

SomeTomato.....very good info about a lil' heat to help drill some holes (I'm gonna remember that)....I just lub it when we all help eachother....makes life so much more enjoyable.....right Lisa? Your help has been tremendous and I'm sure why some gals signed on.....thanks again doll.

Awwwww....come on JAD....you know you wanna give it a go....just try and then join if ya want....no pressure and the sites that LisaV has given is very helpful too.

ArteDar
09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I rec'd 3 cds all the way from Hawaii from NancyL....wonderful!!!TY for the lil' goodies...will have fun playing with the kewl shells and post stamps.
3 cd's all the way from the UK fr. SweetestSin....just so charming, TY for the bits, they will help!

nomnom
09-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi - - i'd like to try too if there is still a little place for me - - as u see i need an international spot - - if it will help i can send 2 dollar bills to cover postage :D

ArteDar
09-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for joining in nomnom.....I'm wondering if you've been to the states and saved those bills as a souviner.....you don't have to send 'em....it's up to you....but thanks for the offer.

Dadreemer
09-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Dar,

The Cd's went out in the mail today.

ArteDar
09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Egrobeck.....your fabulous Cd's arrived today.....soooooo beautiful in person....well done and the other envie arrived at the same time.....KEWL! So many goodies that are making me feel special and very spoiled....thanks sooooooo much....and I'll use 'em up too! :)

stillatthetop
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
How are most members displaying these little treasures once the returns are in their clutches? I am not seeing any hanging holes on the samples in the first post.

Dadreemer
09-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Good question SATT. Little easels came to mind for display. But then they would be another thing to dust and I would want to protect the artwork if it were not covered. So maybe a book of sorts or framing. So (writing out loud) maybe framed with easels for the table.

goblin_giggles
09-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I wanna join but I'm too scared...

Dadreemer
09-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Don't be.....step out there. An adventure awaits you.

stillatthetop
09-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Chicken, chicken! Just dive in, you will like it. The water is bathwater temp here!!!

I thought to put them in a CD case like the carry along kind my daughter has. The pages of sleeves, you know...like a CD chunky book.

Some artists are hanging off decorations, though (not a problem for me...just a fact). They would not fit well in a sleeve, plus...I wish to see your art more often!!!! Rambling, but those would not fit well in a CD case/book.

I am wishing to display more art, though. I wondered what a good way to see them all the time was. I don't have alot of shelf space, so I am thinking wall would be best.

A thin CD sleeve (like our ATC sleeves...only in the CD size) would protect the dust factor off of them. They sell those individual. They don't have to be connected to a book, or you could cut a page out of a CD book...if you did not wish to buy a whole pack.

If I figure out a good way to punch holes, then I can always add my own hanger hole to whatever I receive (in a good spot and won't ruin your art, I promise!!!)

I just wished to hear what other members had in mind. Thanks! Keep them thoughts a coming!!!

Dadreemer
09-14-2008, 01:55 AM
The Dremel cordless makes holes a breeze in the Cd's (if you have one).

stillatthetop
09-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Don't know...catch the next post...something went goofy here???

stillatthetop
09-14-2008, 02:06 AM
I have two...matter of fact.

I am worried about the plastic cracking...and I know not to rush the drill.

Are all CDs out of the same plastics? Some I have seem more metallic in nature. Is that just the finish, or are they made sometimes out of different polymers?

I add that I run with scissors, and love to challenge myself with various chemical components. I study these things. Different plastics have different heat/violatious ratios. The metals add another component. I have carbide tip bits (important for certain metal componants...and glass, or concrete).

I see a whole day of experiments happening on some "junk" stock (thank you ArteDar...she sent me RAK extras!!!). I will post my findings to share...

If anyone else can save me some steps? What has worked for you? Is there a difference in the quality of the CD plastics? How do I know the difference?

Dadreemer
09-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I do not know if there are different qualities in the plastics. But when you do go ta drillin' wear glasses, it leaves tiny bits layin' around. The Cd's did not crack or splinter when I cut and drilled holes in them. One did however have a coating (metallic, plastic label) when cut. Just sand it smooth the apply your medium.

I say go for it, try drilling and see what happens for you. You can always cover it.

ArteDar
09-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey StillBabe.....you are a trip....I love that you are so full of questions.....we learn a lot just from your Q/A. Some of the Cd's I made had a front and back heavy paper cut to the same size as the CD which allowed me to sandwich the fun fibers in between....some dangled down at the bottom and the top had a loop. If you consider collage on top of the CD you could do the same. As far as the drilling.....I'm at a stand~still here with my art....a huge bedroom renovation has taken all my time.....whaaaaaa.
I'll let ya know how my drilling turns out, but it was mentioned that if you give it a lil' heat it will make it softer and easier to drill. I have a Crop~a~dile some where among-est my stuff and will try that too as the others have and said it worked out just fine.
Hope that helps a bit.

Come on Gobblin.....you can do it....art is fun! Just have a go at it....you'll see. No one here is expecting museum masterpeices....we just wanna have fun.....come out and play.....do it from your heart and all will be just fine.

stillatthetop
09-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Crop-a-dile is on my list. Just not in the budget this month. Next chance free I will experiment, and let you know how it goes! I have a Bosch drill that I absolutely love. Fits a gals hand like a glove. Rechargable, but without the big bulky battery pack that sends the gun out of balance (lithium batteries are smaller!). Hair trigger, for those who know how to shoot. That means I can run it at any speed I pull back to.

I still don't own a heat gun...so maybe a warm (200 F. degree) oven might warm things up a tad to drill?

My experience with plastics is a lot of them shatter and crack when compromised (a hole put in...or any other violation!).

This is so fun! I have grown so much in the last year with all my experiments! I love that I get challenged to new things everyday. Who could ask for more???

angelique
09-14-2008, 05:07 PM
It looks like I might not be too late to join! May I? :eek:

Dadreemer
09-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Crop-a-dile is on my list. Just not in the budget this month. Next chance free I will experiment, and let you know how it goes! I have a Bosch drill that I absolutely love. Fits a gals hand like a glove. Rechargable, but without the big bulky battery pack that sends the gun out of balance (lithium batteries are smaller!). Hair trigger, for those who know how to shoot. That means I can run it at any speed I pull back to.

I still don't own a heat gun...so maybe a warm (200 F. degree) oven might warm things up a tad to drill?

My experience with plastics is a lot of them shatter and crack when compromised (a hole put in...or any other violation!).

This is so fun! I have grown so much in the last year with all my experiments! I love that I get challenged to new things everyday. Who could ask for more???

I had no trouble drilling or cutting the Cd's. No soaking in warm water or heating. No cracking. Just drilled, cut and sanded away.

Pamitha
09-15-2008, 02:17 AM
I put holes in mine with a drill AFTER they were decorated (so I'd know which end was up!) No problems. So mine have ribbons through the hole to hang them on ... a nail? a hook? a finger? a button? I've decorated front and back so that if you are bored of one side, you can turn to the flipside!

sweetest-sin
09-15-2008, 05:47 AM
yaya you recieved mine

ArteDar
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
angelique We would love to have you come play....but....(hate that word in this context!) The rules require players to have an itrader of 5....you only have 2.....so, if you have swaps out and are waiting for itrader you may still have time.....I'm so sorry.
Pamitha....you are sooooo clever to decorate both sides....we LOVE YOU!

Carolina Soap Chef
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Just a note to let you know, Artedar, that all of my cd's are shipping out tomorrow. Included are 3 envelopes for you. Thanks. I can't wait to get returns. November is just too far away. Berkeley:cool:

Carolina Soap Chef
09-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Just a quick note again....I have drilled holes many, many, many times in cd's using my Dremel and a thin engraving bit. I have never used any heat and have always had great success!!! Sometimes I drill the holes before I cover them with paper. Other times I drill the holes when I'm completely finished with the collage. Quite often, I use several coats of Krylon triple thick clear glaze on my work and I still don't have trouble drilling through it. Berkeley

egrobeck
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I used a cropadile to make the holes in mine - it was like sticking a knife is soft butter - so easy! before I made the first hole I wondered how hard it would be, but it was so easy it was ridiculous! and no problems with shattering, either - and my holes were pretty close to the edge. but if you don't have a cropadile you can always sandwich a loop of ribbon or fibers, or add fiber tails, by sandwiching them behind the paper you cover the cd with. I like the idea of a hanger because it makes it easy to display the cds or make a mobile.

ArteDar
09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi gals.....I rec'd FANTASTIC cd's from DaDreamer....awesome work!

I just wanted to also share one of my favorite quotes from one of my police academy instructors, Jack Glacin, " You can't please ALL the people ALL the time and only SOME of the people SOME of the time".
Let's have fun, but also be cogent of why there are rules. I don't wish to seem like a mean ol' nag and if there are any questions about any rules I set for this swap please send me a pm and I will explain. TY.

stillatthetop
09-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Great drilling suggestions from all. Thank you. I am now not so nervous. Still tinkering with ideas. I'm thinking of inspirational sayings on mine. Something that is a neat reminder on your wall. Hmmmm. Maybe a bit humorous...and images to match. There is still time on this one.

LAB
09-17-2008, 07:54 AM
I just got into altered CD's and would love to join if I may - Do you have room for another international?
Linda

Carolina Soap Chef
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
JUST A NOTE: Mine went postal yesterday.:v_spin::v_spin:

Pamitha
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Dar Darlin'! These CDs are going out in today's mail. Hope you like them.

Dadreemer
09-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Your Cd's are wonderful Pamitha!

Carolina Soap Chef
09-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Pamitha....your cd's are gorgeous!!!! I especially love ChaChaCha and Cheep Tricks. Too cute and clever! Berkeley

Pamitha
09-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks so much. The one is "Ha Cha Cha" as if she thinks she is hot stuff! The Moon River and Me has some water waves but they are in glimmer paint and don't show in photography. So it is kind of a secret Moon River! These are my first ever. It was great fun! I can hardly wait to see what others do!

angelique
09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
May I join? Looks like fun!

ArteDar
09-17-2008, 11:20 PM
angelique and LAB you are both in......I had to bend the rules for one of you, so I hope you don't disappoint us.....it looks like you might know what you are doing....so have fun both of you!

Pamitha.....what can I say.....AWESOME cd's.....can't wait to see 'em up close!

goblin_giggles
09-18-2008, 09:39 PM
All right... I'll give this a try... Sign me up ;)

ArteDar
09-19-2008, 08:05 AM
goblin giggles...got ya in hun.....hope you have a ton o' fun making some.

stillatthetop
09-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm withdrawing from this swap.

Dadreemer
09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Awww stillatthetop, why? I was looking forward to seeing your work for this swap.

ArteDar
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Awww stillatthetop, why? I was looking forward to seeing your work for this swap.

Yes doll.....we will miss our fav artist.....but she's not at 100% at this time.....we want her to be well and able to enjoy making and playing art.....I'm sure she'll be back some time soon and there will be lots of other fun things to do......I too for one will be keeping a close check on her to make sure she gets better fast.

CarolinaSoapChef.....and Pamitha.....your MAGNIFICENT CD's are here......I'm speechless other then to say there's gonna be some very happy swappers out there!

DaDreamer.....got your lil' envie and the sweetest lil Treat card....LOVE it! you're the bestest!

Fantasia
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi. I just discovered and joined AFA this week so, understandably, I'm not able to join this swap. I wanted to let you all know how absolutely GORGEOUS I think your artwork is! I'm hoping once I've built up my rep around here that there will be another altered CD swap like this that I can participate in.

HUGS to everyone for posting your art for us to enjoy!

heymaggie
09-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I did some of my cds and wasn't very pleased with them, so made some more and like them a little better. I'm still not satisfied tho and am still working on mine.

egrobeck
09-26-2008, 07:47 PM
ooh ooh ooh! more delicious eye candy, Pamitha! I especially love the hummingbird one - awesome!!

Hi Dar Darlin'! These CDs are going out in today's mail. Hope you like them.

lori.rn
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I've been looking at this swap for a while. How do you prepare the cd for art?

Dadreemer
09-27-2008, 12:30 PM
What do you want to do? It's gonna depend on what you want to cover it with. Gel Medium, Yes paste, Xyron, glue sticks all work well with paper on Cd's. Look at it as another canvas to cover. If you paint it, you may want to apply gesso first then add your paints.

artrageous
09-27-2008, 03:40 PM
ok, im just checking if im signed up or not, lol.... this last months has been a blurrrr, so bare with me. :wacko:

Gezza
09-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I have my cds ready and they should be hitting the post next week. I have them in my gallery.

LAB
09-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Here are my 3 altered CD on their way next week.

Linda

ArteDar
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes, Lori, it depends what you want to do to 'em.....and Dadreamer has great info. as well as LisaV back in the beginning of this thread......you should check out her "how to".<http://gomakesomething.com/ht/recycled/altered-cds/>
OoooooOH Gezza.....can't wait to see what ya came up with!
LAB....kewlness and beautiful work darlin'!
TotolyOzsome......I guess you were busy at the time the swap opened.....how about now? still wanna play?!we would love to have you!
Fantasia......I'm sure there will be a sequel to this swap.......can't pass up on so much fun, now can we!
heymaggie......it ain't work.....it's all play....and I wanna make some more myself.

ArteDar
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
So sorry but I have to withdraw from this swap.

It's ok darlin'......life keeps us busy and I hope you are well and still having fun.
Hugs, Dar

Carolina Soap Chef
09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh my goodness!!! It is going to be so-o-o-o difficult waiting over a month for our returns. I got so excited doing this swap and had so much fun that I finished too soon and now have to wait patiently :arghh: for the deadline to pass. Boo Hoo. Woe is me!:biglaugh:

Dadreemer
09-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh my goodness!!! It is going to be so-o-o-o difficult waiting over a month for our returns. I got so excited doing this swap and had so much fun that I finished too soon and now have to wait patiently :arghh: for the deadline to pass. Boo Hoo. Woe is me!:biglaugh:

You can always join some more swaps. It'll be like a revolving door, you get something ever other week for awhile. Wouldn't that be nice?

Carolina Soap Chef
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I am in a bunch more swaps but I have seen a lot of talent on this swap and I can't wait to see whose art I get back! I'm like a giddy child every time I go to my mailbox. Even my mailman gets a chuckle now that he knows about my special art website. He tells me I act like its Christmas! I guess I do! Oh well...:laugh:

P.S. I SO-O-O-O love these little smiley faces!:chatterbox:

Dadreemer
10-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, it's gonna be real nice when the returns start coming in. 13 swaps was my limit. I'm still have 3 more to finish up. It's gonna be a grand holiday for me.

ArteDar
10-03-2008, 06:58 PM
DoodleBug.....wonderful cd's have arrived here....soooooo very kewl!

goodmorningstarshine
10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I would like to join, please!

nomnom
10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
my cd's r almost ready - will need your address pls :)

Carolina Soap Chef
10-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Beautiful work on your cd's,LAB! I love all of them but I am especially loving the monochromatic blue with the time pieces! Gorgeous!:jiggy:

kaisaj
10-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Mine are on their way as of yesterday! :D

ArteDar
10-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi gals.....I received some AWESOMENESS from Gezza...OMG.....I'm blown away....and all the extras has me on cloud nine...TYTYTY OXOXOXOX....I adore that they all have their own lil' paper envie....what a beautiful presentation....well done!
Tweexcore.....your cd's arrived and they are just soooooooo KEWL.....LOVE the red one with the bird....such deatail....AWESOME!

Gezza
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
My Goodness they were only mailed on Thursday:spinny:

nomnom
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
mine r in the envelope - will post them in the morning - this was real fun - here they r - three for swap - one for hostess - enjoy

goodmorningstarshine
10-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Am I in? I'm almost finished with mine...

ArteDar
10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Am I in? I'm almost finished with mine...

Well....you are IN now darlin'....hope you had fun!
nomnom.....looking good sweetie....can't wait to see 'em up close.

ArteDar
10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
KAISAJ.....cd's are here and let me tell ya'll....they are fantastic.....you're gonna LOVE 'EM! TYTYTY....You made an extra for me and it means soooooo very much to have your FAB art....thank you again and again!!!

Carolina Soap Chef
10-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I have to say, Nomnom, I love how you used the 'hole' in the cd rather than cover it up! Creative and a very nice touch. I think they are beautiful! Great job.:cute::yes:

heymaggie
10-11-2008, 12:03 AM
I took my CDs to the post office today after work. I sent 3 to trade and an extra one for a hostess gift. I finally made 4 that I like. I have them scanned but not uploaded to gallery yet. I may get a chance to do that this weekend, but don't know yet.

nomnom
10-11-2008, 05:02 AM
thanks Carolina - i'm glad u liked them - was my first time altering CDs - was fun

Janice
10-11-2008, 06:49 AM
finally finished mine - found them challenging!!! - will post them Monday now as have missed todays post

angelique
10-11-2008, 07:25 PM
:unsure:Please send me your address... :unsure:
Thanks!

heymaggie
10-12-2008, 04:11 PM
My CDs (http://www.flickr.com/photos/heymaggie/2935729620/)

I've added my altered cds to Flickr.

ArteDar
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I received AWESOME CD's today from HeyMaggie and LAB......they are truly AMAZING....Thanks ever soooooooo much for thinking of me and the extras.....I feel special when you spoil me....thanks again and again!

sometomato
10-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Dar - I think I have to withdraw from this swap. As interesting as I find the subject, I am finding myself overwhelmed with my new job, the ATCs I have agreed to do, and a circle journal project. Maybe next time! Thanks!

heymaggie
10-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Yay! Glad they got there ok. Thanks for letting me know! I have a ton more cds if you want to do another of these swaps later.

ArteDar
10-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Sometomato....that's ok darlin'.....we have all been there before and understand. I think it's the kinder smarter thing to do then try and just rush and throw something together that you wouldn't be proud to share.....thanks so much for letting us know too.

musicgal
10-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Did I make the sign up deadline.
I know that I am close...
I want to try this. I've got a ton of these sitting around in a box

ArteDar
10-16-2008, 01:36 PM
You can join in musicgal.....hope ya have fun!

xraypinky
10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Dar you should be getting my CD soon. I mailed it on 10/15.

ArteDar
10-18-2008, 05:20 PM
OMGAWD....It was an awesome mail art day today....I received cd's fro:
AmyFaerie
XrayPinky
Janice and
NomNom
I love all of 'em and thanks ever sooooooo much for the wonderful gifties....I'm in art heaven thanks to you all!

cparmelee
10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
mine were mailed friday morning :)

ArteDar
10-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Awesome.....wait 'till ya'll see these....looking GOOD!

monarch
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I am almost done with mine.......

HHC
10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm working on mine too! Really I am! :)

redplantlady
10-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi mine have flown, here they are, hope they are OK.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/822/small/1_alteredcd3r.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/822/small/1_alteredcd2r.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/822/small/1_alteredcd1r.jpg

ArteDar
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Shirley RPL....who wouldn't want one (I DO!!)....I think they are stunning and hand drawn makes 'em even all the more special!

Ria
10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi All, I will be popping mine in the post this weekend!

monarch
10-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Mine are going in the mail today.........

goblin_giggles
10-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Hoping to work on mine tonight... gotta get them finished.

nomnom
10-25-2008, 11:53 AM
visited your gallery Carol - great art and i love the CDs with the butterfly girls for our swap - well i just hope.........u know............ :D

goblin_giggles
10-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Got mine done, now just have to scan and mail them... woo hooo!!

goblin_giggles
10-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Here's my CDs I will get them out on Monday

HHC
10-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Mine are finally done too, and will be posted tomorrow morning. I must like to work under pressure... although there's a number of backgrounds sitting here that just didn't work. I'd start and it wouldn't work so it would be set aside for awhile, until there were no more "whiles" left. LOLOL :)

ArteDar
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
OH MY GAWD.....Girls the cd's are FABULOUS....Love 'em and can't wait ti see 'em up close.

goatgoddess
10-27-2008, 10:47 AM
so many pretty ones - don't know where the time went but mine are nearly done - will pop them in the mail in the morning - sorry to be so last heartbeat!

ArteDar
10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I received some pretty awesome cds from:
PARMELEE
ANGELIQUE
MONARCH
LOLA

Well done ladies.
I'm standing by waiting for the rest gals......this is exciting!

xraypinky
10-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Deadline's approaching. This sure would be a fun one to swap out!

lisavollrath
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Mine are on the way, via Priority Mail.

You can't see it too well in this photo, but they're transparent in places :)

ArteDar
10-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Lisa....they are GORGEOUS!!!!

egrobeck
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
oooh, such great new eye candy to look out - gosh, sure can't wait to get returns on these!!

ArteDar
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
I rec'd some mighty fine cd's today....OMG OMG OMG......outstanding, let me tell ya!
Aprilrain.....HHC.....GoodMSS.....Redplantlady.... .and LisaV....
ALL the extras are just FABULOUS and greatly appreciated with all my heart...TYTYTY!!!!

I'm so looking forward to swapping these out....even though it will be hard to let 'em go, I will once again get to revisit and drool....I'd better make sure I have a towel close by...ROFL!!!

ArteDar
11-02-2008, 12:36 PM
The color of your name will change to green when you have POSTED HERE that you have received your return.

I hope everyone knows how important it is to see your swap all the way through to the end with some acknowledgment and recognition to the artist that made it. Thank you ALL ever so much for playing. I have a lil' hostess giftie for everyone so please don't forget to leave me an iTrader if you think I'm worthy.
Purple for iTrader
Green for posting here

ArteDar
11-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I fixed it Gezza....my dear lil' sweet pea...TY for reminding me doll!
LUV OXOXOX

Robin
11-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Oh Goodie! I can't wait to get my returns, this was my first of this kind of swap - I am so excited!

Thanks for hosting a fun swap!

LAB
11-03-2008, 02:58 AM
My goodness - Don't time fly when your having fun. November already and the returns are on their way - whoopeeee exciting.

Thanks for the great swap flower.

Linda

aprilrain
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Whoo Hoo!!! Can't wait to get mine.This was so much fun and ArteDar did a fantastic job hosting this.Thanks Darlene!!

ArteDar
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
MusicGirl and RockStarsGirl's CD's arrived today.
There's good news and bad news.
All the envies were sealed up and ready to go today....good news!
Hubby need me and I didn't get to the Post Office....bad news!
Good and bad news for the 2 gals that came late.....
Good news....I didn't have to return your own cds.
Bad news....you are both getting 3 cds from the same artist.
Good news....they are all so wonderful and you will be very happy!
Good news.....I will host a sequel and post it after the returns have been received by all of you.
Thanks again for playing.....and we look forward to you letting us know what ya think!

ArteDar
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
GOOD GOLLY....there were 32 players....I stood in the post office way longer then I did to vote today. I even had to stop and pay so that the line of people behind me could get their stamps....then went back to continue the process. I have a lovely postie gal and she can multitask and talk to me at the same time.
I have about 6 envies left to take tomorrow and mail.....each one is weighed and hand stamped so I know for a fact that there's enough postage and they will go through without a problem.....I keep my fingers crossed and say a lil' prayer that everyone gets the goodies.
YIPPIE.....ON THE WAY!!!!

ArteDar
11-04-2008, 08:32 PM
The color of your name will change to green when you have POSTED HERE that you have received your return.

I hope everyone knows how important it is to see your swap all the way through to the end with some acknowledgment and recognition to the artist that made it. Thank you ALL ever so much for playing. I have a lil' hostess giftie for everyone so please don't forget to leave me an iTrader if you think I'm worthy.

GREEN REC'D RETURN and POSTED HERE in thread
PURPLE iTrader given
1.ArteDar
2.Carolina Soap Chef~...
3.Monarch
4.Bizzyare
5.egrobeck
6.Tweexcore
7.redplantlady
8.lola
9.Ria
10.Dadreemer
11.cparmelee
12.GoatGoddess
13.egrobeck
14.lisavollrathRec'd Return
15.Janice
16.xraypinky
17.Robin Rec'd Return
18.SEMOkraftee answered my PM that she completely forgot and was terribly sorry...shall we beat her up with a wet noodle?....man, did she ever miss out on some awesome returns! That should be punishment enough, don't ya think?!
19.LilyLemon
20.HeyMaggie
21.Kaisaj
22.doodlebug
23.amyfaerie
24.aprilrain
25.Sweetest~Sin
26.HHC Rec'd Return
27.NancyL Rec'd Return
28.PamithaRec'd return
29.nomnom
30.angelique
31.LAB
32.goblin giggles
33.Goodmorningstarshine
34. GEZZA
35.musicgal
36.rockstarsgal

Ria
11-06-2008, 02:02 PM
OMG - this must have cost a fortune!!!!!!!! Awesome hostess!!!

lisavollrath
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
My CDs arrived today, and they're just lovely! Thanks to everyone who played, and to Dar for hosting, and the extra goodie (which I won't specify, so it will be a surprise).

Robin
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I received my CD's yesterday and they were Beautifull~
Great hosting ArteDar!

I left Itrader for the hostess and reps for the 2 Artist~

Carolina Soap Chef
11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Artedar and Everyone else, Got my returns yesterday. I must say that I am very impressed with my artist cd's and cannot wait to do Round #2 so that I can add more cd pages to the book I am starting. Love-Love-Love my cd's and many thanks to the following artists: Tweexcore Underground for my beautiful red "bird King"; to Gezza for my fanciful and colourful "Circus" card; and to Cparmelee for my exotic world travel with a lady card. They will a 3 look gorgeous in my book. Rep points all around!!!

AND......a gigantic THANK YOU to a fabulous hostess in our Artedar! No one knows how to dole out the 'pats on our backs' like you do. You inspired me to do more and do my best. Thank you for that and a special thanks for the special giftee. It will look great hanging in my home. Put me done for Round #2. When can we start?

Berkeley Elisabeth:cute::v_spin::daydreaming::jiggy:

Carolina Soap Chef
11-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Artedar...the "YOU ROCK" button won't let me give Gezza her rep points.:swoon: It says that I have to spread the love. But I haven't given her any love yet!!! What gives? :eek::unsure:

ArteDar
11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Artedar...the "YOU ROCK" button won't let me give Gezza her rep points.:swoon: It says that I have to spread the love. But I haven't given her any love yet!!! What gives? :eek::unsure:

I'm not sure hun.....one of the mods could answer that ? better then me......maybe just so many can go out in one day...and......if you had given her rep sometime before you may have to give more to a certain number of peeps before you can go back to her......I'm not to sure how it's set up. Just keep a post~it note by your puter so that in a lil' while after you have doled out more reps to others you go back and don't forget her. I keep a list of to do's.....and I will be giving everyone their ITRADERS for play ASAP!

Pamitha
11-07-2008, 09:17 PM
My Altered CDs arrived today and may I scream "WOW" for you all! I really, truly love the holder and the disk from Egrobeck (Give me wings and I will fly.) The CD case is such a cool idea. I am ashamed that works went out to Dar caseless. Next time I will do something less naked. And Goatgoddess made the cutest mice in autumn leaves collage. Hers had a lovely orange case, too. And, of course, our generous host threw in an ornament made of a piece of disk. Clever, clever Dar! Thank you all so very much! What a neat, new artform! Is there a link here to sign up to the next exchange?

HHC
11-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Mine arrived today too and they are amazing! Thank you to cparmelee and goatgoddess for absolutely wonderful CD's. And especially thank you to our incredible hostess who seemed to know just what would make me happy. Thanks, Dar, for the special gift also. I'm definitely up for another round. :)

NancyL
11-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I got my Cds today. thank you Sweetest-sin for the Bright Cd, heymaggie for the hair-raising circus card(I love the little stars around the edge) and to goblin_giggles for the oceanic delight( and it is!) I will want to sign up for round 2. this was a lot of fun!