PDA

View Full Version : DECO: My Little Deco Book ; Due End of Nov.

Pages : 1 [2]

Lise Bu
10-13-2008, 11:22 AM
still nothing in the mail today :sad:

monarch
10-14-2008, 07:32 PM
I heard from queenofthenight...........Re: HI
RSG has been quite ill for a few weeks ... new medications have been taking their toll on her body ... she has been getting stuff out though and she should be checking into threads in the next few days.
Thanks for your concern!

I don't think she had been getting here stuff ot tho..............I am going to pm adriayna....

Marla412
10-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Sorry, been out of town. I received Rockstargirl's book Sat (10/11). I'll have it out by this Sat (10/18) if all goes well.

Lise Bu
10-15-2008, 05:57 AM
still nothing today :arghh:

adriayna
10-15-2008, 09:40 AM
We don't currently konw what is going on with Rockstargirl, only that she hasn't been online in several weeks and is running behind in several swaps. My suggestion is to hold off mailing anything else to her and whoever has her book, just hold onto it until we know for sure if she is coming back or not.

micromummy
10-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm feeling happy, Marla's book has arrived today! Hurray!
I'll work on it straight away so that we can maybe catch up on time a little.

I hope rockstargirl is ok.
Kate x

monarch
10-15-2008, 10:17 AM
marla412 - Thanks for update.......Also, please hold on to rocketstargirl's book.......Do not mail to anyone until we hear something.......If it get to be a long period, you can mail it to me and I'll keep it......

micromummy - Thanks so much for the update.......

monarch
10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I am posting all my information in the thread as to what is going on with rocketstargirl so I can keep things straight in my mind....

As of today, she has mine and micromummy's books............and we are stopping the mailing of hers..........until we hear something......

micromummy
10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Monarch, I have just finished Marla's page and I will be mailing to you in the morning. It's almost midnight and my art room looks like a bomb has hit it and I'm dying for a cup of tea and the loo. So I'll close the door on it for tonight and face it in the morning.

I'm worried about my book but I'm sure when rocketstargirl is sorted out, she'll mail it on.
Kate x

monarch
10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the update!!!!! I am worrried about your book, tooooo!!!!! You must have put many hours into that book......It is so beauitfully made and I would be just crushed if you didn't get it back......

Marla412
10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
I'll go ahead and do my page in Rockstargirl's book and hang on to it until I hear further news.

monarch
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
thanks marla!!!!

Bright-Spark
10-16-2008, 01:34 AM
I just KNEW I shouldn't have opened my mouth about the mail between Stormarela and me!

No sign yet of Big Kay's book, but I will keep you posted.

stormarela
10-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Canada had a long weekend, so probably there is a delay in the mail... I am sure our "hot line' is still good! ... Hopefully it gets there tomorrow.

micromummy
10-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Just been looking and I see Rockstarsgirls last activity was today - so that is good news - she must be able to get to her pc. Rockstarsgirl can you please update as to the whereabouts of the books you have. I hope you are well.

Kate x

monarch
10-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I am mailing katilady's book to stormarela today.............

Bright-Spark
10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
PHEW, I haven't jinxed things, and YIPPEEE Big Kay's book is here, and what a lovely book it is!

Now, I just have to get my thinking cap on.....

There is a wonderful Harold's Planet cartoon where Harold is looking through a long twisted tube, with the statement "I have seen the future, and it's not looking too bright". The tube end is looking up his rear end!
It makes me giggle every time I see it. I thought I would just share this slightly unconnected thought with you.

katilady
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I am still working on Monarch's Clown, but hope to have it out by Mon!

monarch
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
katilady - Thanks for the update.......

Stormarela said rocketstasgirl pmed her............. This is what stormarela pmed me............

Hi Monarch,
I had a message from Nicole this evening. She has been really sick, and seems to have had some problems with her living arrangements and no computer access. Anyway, it sounds like she is getting back to normal. If you don't hear from her tonight, or tomorrow, let me know, and I'll remind her that you are waiting for details on the books.
I have the impression that she is reliable, and will sort things out on her end.

I haven't heard from her tho...................

Lise Bu
10-17-2008, 02:48 AM
that's good news Monarch - i hope she is getting back on her feet.

Lise Bu
10-17-2008, 04:01 AM
still nothing this morning :no:

monarch
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
lise bu - I feel bad that you haven't rec'd anything yet.........1orange's book should be there any day now......

BigKay
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM
I have fallen a little behind in my deco-ing and I think I've had Bright- Spark's book too long (because Stormarela's showed up yesterday!)

So now I have 2.
I would really like to finish up my Passion page before sending it to monarch. How about I promise to have it done this weekend?

PS - That cartoon sounds hysterical, Bright-Spark. Feel free to incorporate as much rear end into my book as needed!

monarch
10-17-2008, 11:01 AM
bigkay......Thanks so much for checking in and you finish up on what your doing......As long as you check in and post what is going on , that is all I expect because I completely understand how fast time goes by and everyday life can get in the way sometime............ Have a great weekend!!!

Lise Bu
10-17-2008, 02:03 PM
monarch - please don't feel bad. I know things are out of your control hun. just imagine how excited i will be when one gets here.

Lise Bu
10-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Glad to hear RSG is getting back on her feet. I have just seen her thread. Life really is a hassle at times isn't it. I hope things can get back on the smooth now.

RSG - Glad to see you are coming back babes x x

micromummy
10-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Welcome back RSG. Keep smiling and don't let the b.........s grind you down.

Kate x

monarch
10-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I just now seen that rocketstargirl posted something in a thread on the 16th.........I am sorry and I am a really easy going person and very understanding but I really don't understand and know what is going on but I am really getting alittle upset.......She talks about a week and a half of not being involved but it has been a month this coming week that a book was sent to her and we have heard nothing......This sort of situation ruins this sort of swap from been successful...I was think about doing another one of these swap but I will probably give it second thoughts and the players will probably do the same in thinking about signing up.......

I sent a pm to her mother today asking if she would get the two deco books from her daughter and mail them back to me if I sent her a SASE......................

I also called RSG and left a message to the mail me the 2 books back to me...I left my address, too.......

Bright-Spark
10-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Just to let you know I haven't started on BigKay's book, and in all honesty it will be next week before I do, sorry! But, I will try and get it on it's way ASAP.

I have a visitor staying this coming weekend and I suspect my creative time will be limited, plus, this week is of course going to be spent tidying up the place!!!

monarch
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
bright-sparks that is fine.......... As long as we keep posting to the thread that is all I ask because I know life's activities can get in the way of things sometimes.........Thanks for the update!!!!!

Robin
10-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Monarch - I would still sign up for your next deco swap if you decide to do one. These are fun! You could always do 1 on 1 trades with these also~

monarch
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
robin - please explain -(You could always do 1 on 1 trades with these also~)

katilady
10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Monarch--I am planning to send my book to more people when we are done with this swap. I think that's what she means by 1:1 trades.

monarch
10-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks!!!!!

Robin
10-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes! that is what I meant~ This is the first decos I have done in a while but when I was doing alot of them, I would set up a list of artist I wanted to work in my book and then I would mail out to each one ( after I checked first of course to see if they were interested ) and would include an ATC or some paper scraps or something extra for them taking the time to work in my deco. When they were finished and mailed it back to me I would then mail the deco to the next person on the list. This worked out great for me and even had a few that wanted to send me their deco for me to work in instead of sending extra goodies. Make Sense?

Lise Bu
10-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Monarch I feel really sad for you - but please rest assured that everyone understands that it takes the commitment of every member (not just the host) to make a deco book group work well, if that commitment isn't there then it will always be difficult for the rest of the group. It seems that the 1st group is going well - which is great. I would sign up again for another swap - but maybe I would be a little more wary. As a member of a deco group you have to put a lot of trust in other members. I know micromummy and myself have put a lot of hard work and money into our deco books - I don't know about anyone else as I haven't seen any others - but I am sure they have. And it saddens me to think that mum and yourself may have lost your books.

Please don't be down hearted my darling - sending big big hugs to you x x x

micromummy
10-20-2008, 07:39 AM
I like Robin's idea of a 1 to 1 swap for deco books. I think I understand how it works. It seems to me that you would only get people who were comitted to doing the book and sending it back. You could arrange with the other person as to whether they wanted a deco page done in return or if they preferred some little 'goodies'.

Anyway, we're all routing for you monarch, so don't dispair.
Kate x

Robin
10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Hooray and big hugs for you Monarch~

Bright-Spark
10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I second that!! None of us would have started this without you, Monarch!

katilady
10-20-2008, 06:31 PM
And I 3rd it. You have done well Monarch!

monarch
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Thank you guys for all your kind words!!!!! I previously have been in quite a few circle journals when they were first started on the old site...........We ran into the same kind of problems there..........A few got their journals/pages back and a few never did see them again.......I have a really hard time understanding how people can be so inconsiderate with other people stuff......

The message I sent to queenofthenight (RSG's mom) has never been answered.......

I have sent a few pms to dana and she has sent a pm to RSG...If there is no response, she will go to the board to see how this should be handled.................... I informed dana this morning that I have not heard from her mom.................

monarch
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
lise bu - I am getting concerned as to why you have not received 1orange's book yet.......

Lise Bu
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Monarch - I haven't received anything yet hun (i'm afraid).

Robin
10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Sending good wishes out to the mail angels~ Maybe they will deliver soon~

katilady
10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
My medication has been upped, causing lethargy and I havent made it to the PO, but I am done with the clown book. I will try to scan tonight. I may not get it sent till Fri depending on how I feel.

Marla412
10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Patiently waiting with great anticipation for the next book to work on....

I was reading through the thread and I too have had the same experience in the past on round robins. I have one book in TX that I don't think I'll ever get back. Everyone worked on it and I gave it to the very last person to do and she never returned it. ARGHHHHHH. I did a lot of personal work in the book as well and it still makes me mad and it's been over a year and a half!!!

Anyway - my two cents: THE ONLY SAFE WAY to do this kind of thing is to give each player the dimensions of the page in your book and have them make something that size and send it to you so you can attach it in your book yourself.

Hopefully ALL will receive their books at the end of this. Monarch - YOU are doing a fabulous job keeping us informed and in hosting this swap!! Hang in there...

monarch
10-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks marla412!!!!!.....

I received your book marla from micromummy yesterday...What an awesome little book!! I love the way you made it!!!!! I hope yours makes it back to you......

monarch
10-22-2008, 10:20 AM
The people that received their books around the beginning of October need to get them moving again........Sorry but I have enough going on with group 2 and I don't want group one turning out the same way...........

Bright-Spark
10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Okay boss! (and I mean that in a nice way)

But as I mentioned bigkay's won't get worked on until after I say au revoir to my visitor. Unless I can sit him in front of the telly or he can amuse himself somehow.....

monarch
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
bright-spark- I understand and you told me of the delay.........Just alittle reminder, thats all.................

Bright-Spark
10-22-2008, 10:30 AM
That's what we all need you for, to keep us on track.....

I should be back to normal after the weekend, so if another book comes my way I should be able to get it turned round fairly quickly.

monarch
10-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Have fun and a nice time with your company bright-spark!!!!

monarch
10-22-2008, 08:58 PM
roceketstargirl has cotacted me.........I'll post tomorrow as to what we are going to do........

rocketstargirl - I am so glad you are back on your feet!!!! Don't worry...I am not mad at you:):):) I'll pm you and post to the thread of what will be going on...... By the way RSG - Have you worked in micromummy's book yet.......

rockstarsgirl
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks so much, Monarch!!!! I feel horrible about this situation. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

monarch
10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
RSG - Have you worked in micromummy's book........

rockstarsgirl
10-22-2008, 09:11 PM
I have started. It will be ready tomorrow to ship whichever direction we decide.

stormarela
10-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Here is my page for Robin's Butterfly book. I added some glitter to the page after I scanned it.... Will be mailing it in the morning. :)

Lise Bu
10-23-2008, 03:25 AM
Stormie that page is scrummy. such pretty colours. x

stormarela
10-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Thanks Lise! The background is a favourite piece of scrapbook paper and the butterflies are cut out of some shiny wrapping paper. (I finally found a use for it!)

micromummy
10-23-2008, 03:46 AM
Love the butterfly stormie, I'm sure Robin will be very pleased with it.
Kate x

Bright-Spark
10-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Stormarela, it's lovely!

I take it that it will be on it's way to be soon? Better get a move on then with BigKay's......

monarch
10-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone.........rocketstargirl has checked in with me and to the thread finally......
I have thought about this situation all last night and this morning and here is how I have decided to handle what is going on........Remember I am an understanding person and will most of the time give someone one a second chance...........

rocketstargirl.....Right now marla412 has your book and I am going to ask her to continue to hold on to it for another 2 weeks.......I am giving 2 weeks to get things squared around in your life and with this site........I will be watching to see if you are active on the site and I want you to post to the thread of how things are going........If in the 2 week period you are not active or whatever, your book will be returned to you unfinished and you will be dropped from the swap with an unfavorable rating........

Right now I want this books to get moving.......rocketstargirl I want you to mail my book to lise bu ASAP and mail micromummy's book to marla412 even if you are not finished with your work.........lise bu has already worked in micromummy's book.......

No books will be sent to you rsg during this two week period.........You know you guys, I have been at the other end of where my journal was not return ever and worked was done on pages and no pages received in return for the pages I worked.........This why I stated in the thread when I first opened this swap up that I was going to keep a close eye on this swap.......

Also,lise bu's book will not be sent to rsg per her request...............When I am done working on it, it will be sent home to lise bu .............

If I missed something, please let me know or if you have any concerns please feel free to pm me.........and remember, just COMMUNICATE in the thread and everything should go pretty good........

katilady
10-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Here is Monarch's clowns:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Deco_Clown1.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Deco_Clown2.jpg

I will send off to Robin tomorrow!

monarch
10-23-2008, 10:35 AM
katilady - I love the pages!!!!! Thanks a whole bunch and for the update!!!!!

monarch
10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
stormarela - Awesome page!!!!!! Thanks for posting and for the update.......

Robin
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Stormarela - by butterfly page is great~ thanks~

Katilady - the clowns are just adorable~

micromummy
10-23-2008, 05:34 PM
katilady, those clowns are gorgeous. I love the colours.
Kate x

monarch
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I wonder if rocketstargirl mailed the books:skeptical::skeptical:

katilady
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone! I love playing with water soluble oil pastels!

Bright-Spark
10-24-2008, 03:52 AM
Great pages katilday!

If it's any help, and to support Rockstasgirl I am happy to work on a page for group 2?

Once this week is out of the way I will be back on track with group 1.

Let me know!

Lise Bu
10-24-2008, 04:02 AM
I wonder if rocketstargirl mailed the books:skeptical::skeptical:

I have asked her to confirm that she has mailed your book Monarch - but she hasn't got back to me.

rockstarsgirl
10-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Micromummy......here are your pages: (so sorry to make you worry)

I was about to mail it with Monarch's this morning, but I took a peak through and realized Lise had already made a page in it. Knowing how expensive mailing from there to here is....I wanted to make sure to mail it to Lise.

rockstarsgirl
10-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I want to apologize to everyone. I should have come to you all and Monarch from the beginning when I realized I was having problems. What I did not only inconvenienced everyone but made people worry about their art, which was never my intention. I deeply, truly apologize and now that things are back on track and I have gotten some help (both here and with the situation in my personal life)...I am working very hard to catch back up and undue any bad feelings or worry that I may have caused. I want to thank everyone for the kind words and help that everyone has given me.

Lise Bu
10-24-2008, 07:33 AM
RSG - what you have done in MM's book is gorgeous - I'm sure she will love it.

I am so glad that you are back on your feet and that things are getting a little better for you. It must have taken a lot of courage to admit to both yourself and others that things were getting on top of you. We are not ogres and if you had talked to us we would have understood. All I ask of you in the future is DO NOT suffer on your own - we are a community and we take care of our own. We all understand that things can go wrong - the worst thing you can do is internalise your worries.

Let's hope you can move forward and start to rebuild your reputation as the great player and artist you are. I am sending you good vibes and luck for the near future.

monarch
10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
RSG - Your pages are awesome!!!!! Did you get my book mailed and you will be mailing micromummy's book to marla412 right........Do you need her address......

micromummy
10-24-2008, 01:34 PM
RSG, my pages are absolutely gorgeous, thank you. I'm so pleased my book is back in play. I now look forward to receiving the wonderful work you've done for me.

I'm also really pleased to see you up and running again. I wish you well and hope things start to improve for you.
Kate x

rockstarsgirl
10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Monarch, yours will be off today to Lise.....(pictures to come tonight). I need Marla's addy and it will be off to her either this afternoon or in the morning.

Thank you all so much for your kind words!! I'm so glad you like the pages. The photo and the written paper behind it are all estate sale finds. (I put a little paragraph with the info on the back of the picture and about the notebook I found the paper in on the back.)

stormarela
10-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Bright Spark, I actually only mailed Robin's book today, I had forgotten it in the car and saw it when I went out this afternoon. It is safely on its way NOW. :)

Bright-Spark
10-25-2008, 04:10 AM
Stormarela, you are a star, for unintentionally giving me a little time before Robin's book arrives. :)

I will post to the thread when it gets here.

rockstarsgirl
10-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Micromummy's book went out on Sat morning....Monarch's is off to Lise today! YAY!! Happy Dance!!!

monarch
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
rocketstargirl..........Thanks for the update!!!!

monarch
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I am getting concerned about some book that have been mailed and not rec'd and books that should be in the mail...........If I missed a posting let me know so I can update......

1orange rec'd lise bu's 10-04...has this been worked on and mailed......

stormarela mailed bigkay's to bright-spark on 10-08....has this been received.......received..10-16

bigkay received bright-spark's 10-04......has this been worked and mailed........

robin received stormarela's 10-06.....has this been worked and mailed

monarch mailed 1oranges to lise bu 10-08.........HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED........If not received by the end of this week, we should plan on sending pages directly to 1orange so she can make a new book once she has received tham all......................................We need you comments 1orange..............10-27 still not rec'd....ok

I'll get back to this thread later.........I need to be some place shortly....

Lise Bu
10-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry Monarch - no book today - I was hoping that it would arrive today x x

Bright-Spark
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Just to confirm I did receive bigkay's book from Stormarela (posted on thread 16.10), and it is still here safe and sound, just waiting for me to have time to work on it!

monarch
10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
bright-spark - Thanks!!! This is probably the one we discussed before in reference to your company you have had.............Sorry ...I am just getting alittle confused.....I'll make note.....

katilady
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Monarchs clown book is on its way to robin!

monarch
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
katilady - Thanks for the update......

stormarela
10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Katilady's book has arrived! I've already got a few ideas, something dark and creepy... I am going to channel all the Halloween darkness I can! (perfect timing for this book)
I am really enjoying these projects - really its a kick in the creative ass.... which is what I definitely need.

Monarch, if you are doing this again, I would love to be included. :)

monarch
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
stormarela - Yes it does get your brain to work and I also think it is good because we have to things that completely out our norm sometimes.......Thanks for the update!!!!

katilady
10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I so agree Stormy! This one has pushed me--in a good way. And I would play again too!

Marla412
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I received Micromummy's book TODAY from Rockstargirl! Will get it out ASAP.

monarch
10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I think I am finally squared around here once again.....The only one I am waiting to hear from is 1orange......

Thanks robin for you help......

Marla412
10-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Pages are done for Rockstargirl's "Hindu Gods and Goddesses" book. Holding for mailing instructions from Monarch.

Bright-Spark
10-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Marla412, they look fantastic!

katilady
10-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Those are awesome Marla!

monarch
10-30-2008, 10:56 AM
marla412 - Awesome pages!!!! Thanks for posting!!!

1orange
10-30-2008, 04:50 PM
sorry guys, computer finally fixed, I do have Lise bu's book on vintage ladies and plan on sending it Monday morning, I am sending it to Monarch as Micromummy has already done her page in it, hope this makes sence and sorry for the delay in replying.

Lise Bu
10-31-2008, 05:36 AM
Monarch - I still have not received anything. x x x

Robin
10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
I received Monarch's " Clown " book today and will work on it this weekend and have it in the mail to BigKay on Monday.

monarch
10-31-2008, 05:48 PM
robin and lise bu - Thanks for the updates!!!! Have a nice weekend!!!!

Lise Bu
11-01-2008, 07:32 AM
:( Nothing 2day either - I think we may have to resign ourselves to the fact that its not coming.

Bright-Spark
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Robin's book arrived today from Stormarela. It is lovely!

I better get a move on with Bigkay's. I did start at the weekend, but have been laid low since last Wednesday, so progress not as fast as I expected, sorry. Having just come back from a visit from the GP, I will see if I can stay awake and get on with it tonight. That's the plan anyway....

I will let you know when I mail onto katilday.

monarch
11-03-2008, 11:29 AM
bright-spark - Thanks for the update.......

monarch
11-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I am almost done with marla412's book...It is suppose to go to rocketstargirl but I feel reluctant about sending it to her........She hasn't been too active and has not been on line since Oct.................30th..............

monarch
11-04-2008, 11:36 AM
per marla's request........her deco book will be sent to lise bu when I am done with it..............

Bright-Spark
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
FINALLY, I have got Bigkay's book done. It will be in the mail to Katilday tomorrow.

I will try to get Robin's off by the weekend - sorry Katilday, I know this means you will have two in quick succession.

Lise Bu
11-05-2008, 06:28 AM
I don't think the post lady loves me anymore - still nothing today x x x x

monarch
11-05-2008, 10:45 AM
bright-spark - Great pages!!! Thanks for posting them and for the update...........

lise bu - I feel soo bad that you haven't had anything to work on...Something better show up soon!!

micromummy
11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Monarch,
I have already done a page for RSG's book as I took an empty page out when LiseBu had it. What do you suggest I do with it?
Kate x

BigKay
11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi all!
I am 99% finished with Stormarela's book. Monarch, have you recieved Bright-Spark's book from me yet? Should I wait to send this one a few more days so you don't end up having too many to work on? Please let me know.

After Stormarela's book, Monarch's Clown page will be the last one for me to work on.

Oh, and Bright-Spark, I love the page you made for my book. Thank you thank you thank you!

Marla412
11-05-2008, 11:14 PM
My pages in Micromummy's book are done!! I'll get it out in the mail tomorrow.

katilady
11-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Those are fabulous Marla!

monarch
11-06-2008, 12:48 PM
marla412 - Awesome pages!! Thanks for posting them and for the update!!!!

monarch
11-06-2008, 12:58 PM
micromummy - For now just hold on to RSG's page.......I'm not sure what is going on....She hasn't been on-line since October 30th...................

Yes I did get bright-spark's book.......... You can mail stormarela's book anytime but please don't spend the money on mailing it priority mail.................

bright-spark - Awesome pages!!! Thanks for posting them!!

micromummy
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for reply monarch. Will hold RSG's page.

Marla412
11-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Kati and Monarch! There are so many cute pages in this book - it was hard to come up with something different.

Lise Bu
11-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I got your book this morning Monarch - It was postmarked 3/11/08 - so it has taken exactly a week to get here. I will get working on it straight away. I still not have received 1oranges book though.

monarch
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
lise bu - Thanks for the update....I am glad it made it there.......

monarch
11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
This posting is to let you know that rocketstargirl is no longer involved in this swap...........Nothing else should be sent to her and marlar412 you can mail her book back to her......................micromummy - I think it was you that made a page for her.....You can do what you want with the page....Either mail it to her or keep it yourself...... I wouldn't waste your money mailing it to her tho..................If anyone needs her address, please pm me............................

micromummy
11-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi monarch, thanks for the message about RSG's page I made for her. It's such a pity that she's spoilt it for everyone.
If anyone needs another page doing, I'd love to fill the gaps.
LiseBu has got your book so I'll do a page in it for you whilst it's here in England.
Kate x

monarch
11-10-2008, 04:30 PM
marlar412's book is being mailed to lise bu today..........................

Bright-Spark
11-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Robin's book will be in the mail to katilady tomorrow!

monarch
11-10-2008, 06:09 PM
awesome pages!!!!! Thanks for the update!!!!

stormarela
11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
those butterflies are beautiful, Bright Spark!

katilady
11-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Beautiful butterflies!

I received BigKay's book today!

monarch
11-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the update!!

Robin
11-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I love the butterflies - thanks!

Lise Bu
11-12-2008, 10:17 AM
My pages for Monarch

17074 - front

17075 - back

Shall I pass it on to Micromummy to do her page while I have it - or post it on to Marla? Micromummy will only have it a couple of days and then she can post it on to Marla - I will be guided by you Monarch - please let me know.

monarch
11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
lise bu - Your page is soo darn cute!!! I love it!! and thank for posting it!!!!! Sure have micromummy work on it since it is over there...We might as well save some money...........Let me know when you mail it to her.........

Lise Bu
11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Monarch mummy lives just round the corner - so I have taken it to her. She is going to work on it tonight and send it on. I'm glad you like your page x x

micromummy
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Monarch, I've done your page tonight so will be mailing it tomorrow.

monarch
11-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the updates you guys!!!

BigKay
11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Monarch,
I am mailing Stormarela's book to you today.
I received your book from Robin too so as soon as I finish this page, you'll have your book back. Hooray!!

PS - I love your clown book. The construction and all of the artist's work looks really great.

1orange
11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I have recieved micromummy's book on vintage babies and am working on it now, i shell send as soon as i can.

Lise Bu
11-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Am I correct in thinking 1oranges book is lost in action?? Shall I make a page and send it out to her?? if so - please let me know the dimensions 1orange x x

Lise Bu
11-17-2008, 08:33 AM
i got marlas book this morning.

monarch
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
bigkay - Thanks for the update!! I can't believe one book is almost on it's way home........Thanks you guys for your dedication to this swap........It shows all of us that it can be done if everyone is willing to follow through with a commitment.........Thanks again!!!! Oh another one that will be on it way home soon is stormarela's......

monarch
11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
1orange and lise bu - Thanks you guys for the updates!!!!

monarch
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok...now for 1orange's book......Her book must be lost..........Everyone in group 2 will be making 4 x 4 pages and mailing them directly to her........Her theme is black and blue...............When you mail them, please post that information in the thread......PM me for her address.....Thanks a bunch!!!!

Lise Bu
11-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Will do Monarch - thanks so much for info.

Iorange - I am so sorry your book is lost - I will make your page 2morrow and get it sent to you x x x x

stormarela
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I still have Katilady's Darkness book. Should be finished with it tomorrow, (fingers crossed), and then I will be able to mail it on.

1orange
11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
it is very sad that my book is lost, but these things happen.

monarch
11-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I received lise bu's from 1orange and stormarela's from bigkay......... I have to now get my but into gear..........I do have 1orange's page done but waiting to hear from her....I had a couple of questions for her.......When I find out the answers, I'll post them here.................

bright-spark - Did you say you would do a page in lise bu's book now that rocketstargirl isn't with us anymore................

monarch
11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
If anyone is doing a page for 1orange, please don't put anything on tha back of your page......She is going to glue or tape them into a book........Neatly sign the front of you page............

stormarela
11-20-2008, 04:25 AM
Here is my Darkness page for Katilady's book. It is finally dry and in the mail tomorrow morning to Bright Spark.

monarch
11-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Awesome page!!!! Thanks for posting and for the update!!

micromummy
11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
1orange, can I please have the dimensions of your book so I can make you another page? I'm so sorry it's lost but I'm sure if everyone is willing to make you a new page, it'll be just as lovely.
Kate x

monarch
11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
micromummy- the page size is 4 x 4..............

monarch
11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I picked up your book the other night Susan to look at and I finished your page.........I mailed it to you today....................It is on its way home....................

stormarela
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
oh, I am excited!!!!!

Bright-Spark
11-22-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm back!!

I will let you know when katilday's book arrives from Stormarela.

I am still very happy to do a page for Lise Bu, if she wants me to.

Lise Bu
11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
yes please bright spark - that would be suuuuuuuuuuuppppppper!!!!!!!

monarch
11-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Mailing lise bu's to bright-spark tomorrow............. When bright-spark is done, yours will be going home......... Sorry - I worked the books I have out of order......Working on bright-sparks next..........................Should be mailed out Tuesday to stomarela..............

Marla412
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm returning Rockstargirls book to her. Will try to get it out this week, maybe Wednesday. I'm leaving town tomorrow night to go to a funeral in the San Francisco area and won't be back until late Tues night then off again Wed to SF to see Phantom of the Opera. Will probably send it Wed on my way out of town.

Saturday I received Monarch's "the sea" book from Micromummy. I'll get it out ASAP - will post when I do so.

Marla412
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I'll also get to work on 1orange's "Black & Blue" page so I can send it to her when I send Monarch's book out.

monarch
11-23-2008, 10:31 PM
marla412 - Thanks for the updates!!!!! I was thinking of you just a few minutes ago but knew you would check in when you could..........Have fun seeing the Phathom......

I see rockstargirl has been off line almost a month now again.......I am so so happy that she mailed those 2 books off.......

I am mailing 1oranges page to her tomorrow.......,.

Lise Bu
11-24-2008, 06:02 AM
talking of RSG - what do we do about leaving i-trader etc? I thought I'd better check before I do anything wrong. x

monarch
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
lise bu - The answer to your question about RSG's rating....I think since this is treated like a swap, you could leave a negative rep. for her as a player.......I was told to leave a netrual rating for her as the host....................

BigKay
11-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Monarch, I finished your page last night and posted it in my gallery.
I have it with me at work today and will mail it out when I'm on my way home.
It should be back with you soon.

and thanks again for all your attention to making this group run so smoothly. I really enjoyed myself.

monarch
11-24-2008, 11:52 AM
bigkay - I love my page!!! and thank to you for working in my book!!!!! I can't wait to see the book........I am planning on hosting another deco book swap and I hope you join in on the fun again..................

BigKay
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm glad you like my clown! I know that you won't be dissapointed with your book - I really love the way it turned out, everyone did a great job. :spinny:

Bright-Spark
11-24-2008, 01:48 PM
BigKay, I love that page, spotted it in the gallery. Monarch, you chose such a great subject.

I will let you know when Lise Bu's book arrives.

Lise Bu
11-27-2008, 08:04 AM
OMG - guess what has turned up today - are u sat down?? - 1oranges book.

Yes - her black and blue book has turned up with the mail lady today - I am so pleased it is not lost. I will get my page done and send it on.

1orange - I have done you a chunky page (in blue and black) - I will send that to you as well.

monarch
11-27-2008, 09:31 AM
I can hardly believe it...........That was sent out 10-08.......Does the envelope show that it had gone to another country.............

Lise Bu
11-27-2008, 09:55 AM
there are no marks on it at all - the stamps haven't even been cancelled x

monarch
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I am sooo soo glad that it finally showed up!!!!! I made a new posting in the thread to the mailing of her book...........lise bu and marla412 are the only one left to work on it........................

Lise Bu
11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I've done my page on 1oranges book and have sent it on to Marla. Marlas book is also winging its way home as we speak.

I havent scanned my pages as my pc is broken and I am having to steal time on DH's laptop and he doesn't have my scanner or camera installed on it. so sorry about that.

monarch
11-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the update!!!

stormarela
11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Sometimes I really wonder how some mail arrives so quickly, ... you'd think it should all go the same speed! It is exciting though that another 'lost' package has turned up.

monarch
11-28-2008, 11:45 AM
stormarela - bright-spark's book is being mailed to you today.........Another one going home shortly.......

Lise Bu
11-29-2008, 04:44 AM
i've done all my pages for others now. i feel bereft in the knowledge that I have no more deco books on their way to me. I love doing these things but am sad when they come to end. But I am mega excited about getting my book back.

monarch
11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
lise bu - I really enjoyed working on these books, too!! They force you do art that is out of your comfort zone and that is a great way to learn.........I am going to do another deco swap when this closes, so I hope you sign up again.......

My CLOWN book is HOME!!!!!!! Many many thanks so you all for all your work that you did in it!!!!! I love it!!!! and it is so awesome!!!!

Lise Bu
11-29-2008, 05:21 PM
i definately will sign up again monarch x x

Bright-Spark
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Glad those clowns are home, Monarch!! ;)

katilday's book is here, just have to put my dark thinking cap on. I shouldn't take too long, so will let you know when it is on it's way home.

monarch
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the update bright-spark!!!

Marla412
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Here are the pages for Monarch's Sea book. I'll get it out in the mail tomorrow.

Marla412
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
For 1orange's black and blue book do I still just make a 4 x 4 page (front only) and mail it directly to her since her book did turn up? Let me know so I can get this page out this week. Thanks!

Lise Bu
12-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Marla - 1oranges book is on its way to you x x

monarch
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
marla412 - Thanks for the update......And thanks a bunch for the awesome page!!! I love it!!!

No you won't be making the replacement page..............

1orange
12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
so glad my book has showed up, and also i am sending on micromummy's book of vintage babies to micromummy.

Bright-Spark
12-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Lise Bu's book is here and WOW, it's fancy!!

I will let you know when it is making it's way home. Give me a day or two.....

Lise Bu
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
woooooooooo - my book is nearly home - I can't wait to see it x x

monarch
12-02-2008, 12:16 PM
1orange - I'm glad your book finally arrived,too!!!!

Thanks for the updates !!!

Bright-Spark
12-03-2008, 09:29 AM
I worked on these the wrong way round, having done Lise Bu's first. It kinda called out me and I had a couple of images which I thought might work. Plus, it doesn't have far to go home.....

I hope the second is okay for Lise, it reminded me that vintage ladies could be 'naughty' too! ;)

I should get this in the post this afternoon!

monarch
12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
bright-spark, awesome pics!!!! and thanks for the update!!!

Lise Bu
12-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh wow Brightspark - I absolutely love my pages - thank you.

I am going to treasure this book forever x x x

katilady
12-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I have both BigKay's and Robin's books and my plan is to finish them this weekend. I must apologize for not posting very much recently--life has gotten hectic and i have been out of town, but I am back now!

katilady
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
OK, I got both books done tonight! Robin's is drying but here is a look at BigKay's:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Deco_BigKay.jpg

katilady
12-04-2008, 12:15 AM
OK, Robin's page is done drying. Both books will go out on Fri!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Deco_Robin.jpg

Lise Bu
12-04-2008, 06:15 AM
yeh - I got my book back - I absolutely love it.

Thanks so much to everyone who has done something in it x x

Bright-Spark
12-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Good old Royal Mail, I am glad your book made it home safely! And pretty quick, first class can sometimes take two days....

monarch
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
awesome pages katilady!! Thanks for posting and for the updates........

monarch
12-04-2008, 11:25 AM
lise bu, I am soo glad your book is home!!!!! When RSG had it, I was beginning to wonder if you would get it back.........I have been involved in circle journals back when we were mailing the whole journal around for pages to be done and there were a few people that never got their journals back ......................

stormarela
12-05-2008, 12:35 AM
I got my book back today, and its WONDERFUL! Thanks to every one who worked on it. Do I now give iTraders to all the fantastic artists in my group? I just love it.
There is a little mystery though. There is a key in the package... will it be followed by a clue? .... hmmmm......:unsure:

Bright-Spark
12-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Yippee, another one made it home!

I started on Katilday's last night. I hope to get it finished this weekend and in the mail on Monday. I will post when finished!

Lise Bu
12-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Does anyone have a book that isn't full - that they would like me to do a page on??

monarch
12-06-2008, 03:25 PM
stormarela - I am so glad your book is home!!!! I'll check...... I am not sure what we do for ratings on this........The key was there when I got it and I didn't know what is was for either....................

bright-spark Thanks for the update.............

Bright-Spark
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Katilday's book will be on it's way home to her tomorrow!! Yippee!!!!!

katilady
12-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh Margaux! It's incredibly lovely! Thank you so much!

Robin
12-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I guess group 1 is on their way home!
I can't wait to see how mine turned out~

stormarela
12-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I've got Bright-Sparks passion book now, and will work on it this week. Its beautiful!

Bright-Spark
12-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Woo Hoo! It's almost home.

Monarch, you have done a great job in keeping us all on track.

I would love to do this again, as I found the challenge of working on different themes for each individual's book really motivating.

monarch
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the updates!!!!

katilady
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Me too! the challenge of it made it so much fun!

Robin
12-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I had posted a couple of threads back to see where my Butterflies Deco is~
Is it lost?

katilady
12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Nope it's on it's way to you. See post #440 to see what I did for your book. :)

Robin
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry Katilady! I missed that post somewhere along the lines.
It is beautifull thanks so much~

Marla412
12-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I received 1orange's Blue & Black book yesterday and MY BOOK IS HOME TOO!! I'm soooo happy with all the beautiful pages everyone made in my book. THANK YOU all so much and for getting it home safely!

I finished pages for 1oranges's book last night and mailed it off this evening - made a special trip to the post office as I know this pretty little book has been away from home too long. Hope it makes it there ASAP!! Here are the pages I made for it:

monarch
12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
marla412 - Thanks for the update and I am soooo glad your book is home!!!!

BigKay
12-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi all!
Just checking in to see who has my book.

katilady
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Your book is on it's way to Robin, if she doesnt already have it.

Robin
12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Not yet~ Keeping my eye opened~

Robin
12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I received my book and BigKay's in the mail today~
I have been sick with a bad cold all weekend and should be able to work on BigKay's this week and have it back in the mail to her on Friday.

My Butterfly book looks great~
Thanks eveyrone you all did a wonderfull job~

katilady
12-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I am so glad they arrived safely!

monarch
12-15-2008, 06:29 PM
robin - I hope you are feeling better really soon!!!! Thanks for the update!!

1orange
12-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I just got my great blue and black book today in the mail, it is just amazing thanks every one just so much great work. i also got a page extra done my monarch sent by itself, you must have sent it when we thought my book was lost, would you like me to send a page to you in return?

monarch
12-17-2008, 08:48 PM
I am soooo glad your book is home!!!! You don't have to make me page but if you would like to you could do one for my clown book and I'll add it to my little book......But that is if you want to............ Thanks a bunch for playing!!!!

monarch
12-17-2008, 09:00 PM
There are five books out there that are not home yet..........bigkay's, bright-spark's, monarch's, katilady's and micromummy's....................

Please give me some updates on these book.................

katilady
12-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Mine is home! Hooray! Thank ya'll so much!

katilady
12-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Are we giving iTraders to everyone in our group??

Robin
12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
BigKay's book went in the mail Yesterday~

Bright-Spark
12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Yippee, katilady's book has arrived home!

Lise Bu
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I know micromummy has got her book - she told me x x

1orange
12-20-2008, 03:07 AM
So I have your book Monarch, the sea. I shell finish it, hoping by this weekend and send it home. If you could give me the size of your clown book so i could add to it, that would be great. I also have got another page from Lise Bu, would you like something sent to you in return for the extra page?

monarch
12-21-2008, 03:55 PM
1orange - Thanks for the update...and my pages measure 3 1/2 x 4 1/2......Thanks bunch!!!

katilady
12-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Can I give iTraders out or what? :D

monarch
12-21-2008, 04:13 PM
No....they have to be reps........

katilady
12-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks Monarch!

Bright-Spark
12-21-2008, 04:43 PM
In that case we will have to get the itrader given by Lise Bu and Robin cancelled. I will report mine and have them fixed.

monarch
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I guess we can leave ratings........If you left a rep, that is ok..........Sorry for the wrong info..........

Marla412
12-23-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm leaving rep for everyone that worked in my book and iTrader for Monarch for hosting. IF we're supposed to leave iTrader for those who worked in our books, let me know and I'll get it done.

Lise Bu
12-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Marla - you have left me rep for fountains abbey page in your book - I think this page was done by Micromummy, I did the Thialand page in your book hun x x

monarch
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I would like to know if bigkay, micromummy and brightspark have their books home yet.......Of so, I will close this swap.......

monarch
01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
2 more books to get home yet....bright-spark's and one of mine..................

Bright-Spark
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
I hope Stormarela is okay. It doesn't look like she has been online for a few days. Hopefully nothing serious...

1orange
01-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Hope these books are not lost, was it your fish book monarch that has not yet arrived cause I did sent it to you before xmas. Now I'm starting to get worried!

monarch
01-17-2009, 04:33 PM
1orange - I received my book back ...Thanks alot everyone!!!!!

monarch
01-18-2009, 02:35 PM
This swap is being closed.....bright-sparks has not got here book back from stormarela yet but said it was OK for me to close this......Thank you all for taking part in this adventure!!!!