PDA

View Full Version : DECO: My Little Deco Book ; Due End of Nov.

Pages : [1] 2

monarch
08-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Due Date........Estimated completion date around the end of November
Number of Players........10
Must Have Postive Raings to Join.........If you are new to this site, please pm me........I would like to talk to you..........Thanks......

With this swap you will make your own Deco Book for other people to work in.......
There will be two groups of five players.........Each player will work a page for that players book in the group that you are in.............
You will pick your theme of your book...............

It can be any size you want.........
You design your own cover and back so when the book comes back to you it is completed................
Books will have five pages for five players to work on unless you want to make a page yourself than there would be six pages..........On the back of the page you are working on, show your title of your page, your usersname etc but decorate the pages alittle so it is not so blank looking................That would finish the book off alittle more......Thanks........

Embellishments......I leave that up to you....Please let me know when sign up if you want bulky embellishments used on your book.... ...I will post it next to your theme........Some people like their books to be flat and I know others like the bulkyness....Please .......... if a player want no bulky embellishments, do not add them.................

Any meduim is welcome as long as you do your best work.......

You have two weeks from the time you receive the book to work on your page and than pass it on to the next person........
Everytime the book you are working is passed on to the next person, you are to post it here........I will be keeping a close attention to this thread because I don't want anyones book to get lost or hung up somewhere.......
I had a bad experience with a deco book that someone made for me and the first person that I mailed it to still has it and has never returned it to me after several attempts of trying to get it back.......

If this happens...you will be left with a NEGATIVE RATING......

If the book you are working can't be completeled in the two week time frame, it is to be past on to the next person..........

When you sign up, you are to pm me with your address, e-mail address and a phone number where you can be reached......Each player in their group will be provided this information.......

You must be willing to mail anywhere because anyone is welcome to participant in this swap.......

The book you make is to be made and ready for mailing by Friday, September 5th...... The estimated completion date is the end of November.....

I hope I covered everything........Until our books get sent out, please check back to the main body of the thread for any additional information in case I forgot something...........

PLEASE FOLLOW THROUGH WITH YOUR COMMITTMENT IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS........

ANOTHER COMMITTMENT YOU WILL BE MAKING WHEN SIGNING UP.......
If something happens to someone's book and that person is left with their book for whatever reason, the players in that group will replace pages/or do pages so that player does have a completed book....... I just got done doing the last page in a deco book for wulfcwen...........The completed book turned out sooooo cutie!!!!! IT GOES TO SHOW THAT THINGS CAN RUN REALLY SMOOTH IF EVERYONE IS LOYAL TO WHAT THEY SIGN UP FOR.......

Let's have some fun and get some awesome books made!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Group 1

1. robin....................butterflies.............. .............No heavy embellishments
2. bigkay..................the future........................Little bit of bulky in collage but no fibers or beads.......
3. monarch...............clowns...................... ......some embellishments would be OK
4. stormarela.............coffee in coffee shops (see post # 28)......embellishments ..yes....
5. bright-sparks..........passion........................... ...you can use embellishments
6. katilady.................darkness................. ...........Loves embellishments

Group 2

1. lise bu..................vintage ladies.....................embellishnments
2. marla412...............destinations ( see post # 27).........................The chunkier the better
3. 1orange................black and blue colors............................No embellishments
4. micromummy..........vintage babies...................................embellish ments
5. monarch................the sea............................................som e embellishments would be ok
6. rocketstargirl..........hindu gods and goddesses..................embellishments and it can be chuncky - NO LONGER WITH US~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mailing date is Friday..........

The rotations are as the group is listed.........

Just follow the list on down... You will always be mailing to the same person.....

example......robin will mail to bigkay, bigkay mails to monarch, monarch mails to stormarla, stormarla mails to bright-spark, bright-spark mails to katilday and katilady mails to robin.......

The next rotation will be robin will mail katilady's to bigkay and bigkay will mail robin's to monarch etc........

Remember you will always be mailing to the same person.......

If you have any questions pm me........

I'll post again Thusrday........

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS POST IN THE THREAD WHEN YOU MAIL YOUR BOOK AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE ONE.......THANKS!!!

First Mailing........

group 1

robin....................mailed to bigkay 9-5....bigkay rec'd 9-8
bigkay..................mailed to monarch 9-8....monarch rec'd 9-12
monarch...............mailed to stormarela 9-4......stormarela rec'd 9-20
stormarela............mailed to bright-spark 9-5.....bright-spark rec'd 9-10
bright-spark..........mailed to katilady 9-6......katilady rec'd 9-12
katilady................mailed to robin 9-5....robin rec'd 9-8

group 2

lise bu..................mailed to marla412 9-5.......marla412 rec'd 9-20
marla412..............mailed to 1orange 9-8......1orange rec'd 9-15
1orange...............mailed to mircomummy 9-8.....micromummy rec'd 9-17
micromummy.........mailed to monarch 9-5......monarch rec'd 9-12
monarch...............mailed to rocketstargirl 9-5... rocketstargirl rec'd 9-12
rocketstargirl........mailed to lise bu around 9-12.....lise bu rec'd 9-22

monarch
second mailing

group 1

robin.................mailed katilady's to bigkay 9-11.....bigkay rec'd
bigkay...............mailed robin's to monarch 9-15...monarch rec'd robin's 9-22
monarch............mailed bigkay's to stormarela 9-18...stromarela rec'd bigkay's 10-02
stormarela.........mailed monarch's to bright-spark 9-23.....bright-sparks rec'd monarch 9-27
bright-spark......mailed stormarela to katilady 9-20.......katilady rec'd stormarela's 9-25
katilady............mailed bright-spark to robin 9-19.......robin rec'd bright spark 9-22

group 2

lise bu..............mailed rocketstargirl's to marla412 9-29........marla412 rec'd rocketstargirl's 10-11(HOLDING ON TO HER BOOK - Do Not Mail to anyone)MARLA412 MAILING HER BOOK BACK TO 11-26~~~~~~~~
marla412...........mailed lise bu to 1orange 9-26....1orange rec'd lise bu's 10-4
1orange............mailed marla412's to micromummy 10-02..........micromummy rec'd marla412's 10-15
micromummy.......mailed 1orange's to monarch 9-18...monarch rec'd 1orange's 9-23
monarch.............mailed micromummy's to rocketstargirl 9-25....rocketstargirl rec'd micromummy's
rocketstargirl.......mailed monarch's to lise bu 10-27....lise bu rec'd monarch's 11-10

third mailing

group 1

robin..............mailed bright-spark's to bigkay 9-30....bigkay rec'd bright-spark 10-04...ok
bigkay............mailed katilady's to monarch 10-01......monarch rec'd katilady's 10-04...ok
monarch.........mailed robin's to stormarela 9-29.........stormarela rec'd robin's 10-07....ok
stormarela......mailed bigkay's to bright-spark 10-08....bright-spark's rec'd 1016.........ok
bright-spark....mailed monarch's to katilady 10-02......katilady rec'd monarch's 10-07....ok
katilady..........mailed stormarela's to robin 10-2.........robin rec'd stomarela's 10-06.....ok

group 2

lise bu...............has not rec'd 1 orange's mailed to 10-08....ok
marla412...........has rocketstargirl........is holding....ok
1orange............no third mailing...........micromummy has already worked on lise bu's book..book mailed to monarch..ok
micromummy....mailed marla412's to monarch 10-16 ........monarch rec'd marla412's 10-21...ok
monarch..........mailed 1orange's to lise bu 10-08..............MUST TO LOST....BOOK WAS REC'D BY LISE BU 11-27 - SEE POST #3 FOR MAILING INFORMATION..................
rocketstargirl....mailed micromummy's to marla412 10-25....marla412 rec'd micromummy's

monarch
fourth mailing

Group 1

robin.............mailed stormarela's to bigkay 10-13....bigkay rec'd stormarela's 10-17
bigkay...........mailed bright-spark's to monarch 10-31.....monarch rec'd bright-spark's 11-04
monarch........mailed katilady's to stormarela 10-16.......stormarela rec'd katilady's 10-27
stomarela......mailed robin's to bright-spark 10-24........bright-spark received robin's 11-03
bright-spark...mailed bigkay's to katilady 11-05.......katilady rec'd bigkay's 11-11
katilady........mailed monarch's to robin 10-27...robin rec'd monarch's 10-31

Group 2

lise bu............gave micromummy monarch's 11-12....micromummy rec'd monarch's 11-12
marla412........mailed micromummy's to 1orange 11-06.......1orange rec'd micromummy's 11-17
1orange.........mailed lise bu's to monarch 11-01......monarch rec'd lise bu's 11-18
micromummy...mailed monarch's to marla412 11-13.....marla412 rec'd monarch's 11-22
monarch........mailed marla412's to lise bu 11-11.......lise bu rec'd marla412's 11-17

Fifth mailing

Group 1

robin.............mailed monarch's to bigkay........bigkay rec'd monarch's 11-15
bigkay...........mailed stormarela's to monarch 11-17...monarch rec'd stormarela's 11-18
monarch........mailed stomarela's to stormarela 11-21............stormarela rec'd her book 12-06 HOME....
stormarela.....mailed katilady's to bright-spark 11-20....bright-spark rec'd katilady's 11-30
bright-spark...mailed robin's to katilady 11-12....katilady rec'd robin's
katilady.........mailed bigkay's to robin 12-05.........robin rec'd big-kay's 12-15

Group 2

lise bu........mailed marla412's to marla412......marla412 received her book.....BOOK IS HOME
marla412.....mailed monarch's to 1orange 12-01....1orange rec'd monarch
1orange......mailed micromummy's to micromummy 12-01.......ON IT'S WAY HOME
micromummy........................................ ..................................................
monarch.............mailed lise bu's to bright-spark 11-24......bright-spark rec'd lise bu's 12-02

sixth mailing

Group 1

robin........mailed big kay's to bigkay 12-17....ON ITS WAY HOME
bigkay......mailed monarch's to monarch 11-24...............monarch rec'd 11-28..... BOOK IS HOME
monarch...mailed bright-spark's to stormarela 11-28........stormarela rec'd bright-spark 12-06
bright-spark......mailed lise bu's to lise bu 12-03.........lise bu rec'd her book....HOME
katilady......mailed robin's to robin 12-05..................robin rec'd 12-15....HOME

seventh mailing

Group 1

bright-spark........mailed katilady's to katilady 12-08..........katilady rec'd her book 12-17...IT IS HOME

1orange's book........

micromummy has worked on
monarch has worked on
lise bu............. received 11-27....mailed to marla412 11-27.......marla412 rec'd 1oanges 12-10
marla412.........marla412 mailed to 1orange 12-10........1orange rec'd her book 12-17....BOOK IS HOME

BOOKS THAT ARE HOME........

monarch's clown book
lise bu's vintage babies book
stormarela's coffee book
marla412's destination book
robin's butterfly book
1orange's blue and black book
katilady's darkness book
bigkay's The Future book
micromummy's vintage babies book
monarch's Under The Sea book

BigKay
08-18-2008, 07:15 AM
I'd like to join, please.
A little bit of bulk used in collage is ok, but no "chunky" fibers and beads, etc.
Thanks!

Robin
08-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh Goodie! I was wondering when someone was going to do this again~

ME PLEASE!!!

I would like no heavy embellishments!

Robin
08-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Where is everyone? I have my deco ready! :jiggy:

monarch
08-21-2008, 05:52 PM
That is what I was thinking....I will get this thread update tomorrow.......I have been in and out (busy) all week......

katilady
08-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm interested but not sure how to make a deco book. Can you give me some ideas? Maybe an example of what you're doing? Thanks so much!

Bright-Spark
08-22-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm interested too (if I have time to commit, what with work....:sad:), but I also don't know what a deco book is?

Lise Bu
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I would love to play - but have read and re read the instructions and am still puzzled. Please can someone enlighten me. x

stormarela
08-22-2008, 01:08 PM
please, sign me up!

So, just to be sure I am sure...I do the front and back covers, and inside there are 5 pages for the others in the group to do. Any size and theme I want...

I just got the Bind it All machine, so I am all ready to make my book!

stormarela
08-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Deco books are fun, the one I worked on before was about 4 x 6 inches ( going from memory) ... and each artist decorated a page.. some worked on a loose paper and glued it into the book, others worked directly on the page in the book.
When it was finished, it was a a cute little book of original art. The pages were all varied, drawings, collage, fabric, etc... AND,,, because of that one, I really want my own!

The neat thing is the whole book travels, so you get to see what the other artists have put into it ( different than chunky book pages)

Robin
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Stormarela - that is a good ! They are alot of fun to do and not real expensive on postage.

Bright-Spark
08-22-2008, 03:19 PM
So, if I understand it I make one book with at least five pages, decorate the back and front and post it off to five others (in sequence, a bit like a RR ) so they add their art to a page? All the players then end up doing a page in each others book based on the originators theme choice? Is that how it works?
If I have got this completely screwy, let me know!

monarch
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
I am so sorry that my thread got you confused.......stormarela - Thanks you for your comments..........Yes, you will make a book with the front cover and back completed...It will have 5 blank pages for 5 players to add their art to....When the last player in your group finishs their pages, your book will be completed with art work and mailed back to you.....

robin and bigkay - thanks so much for signing up!!!!!!i

katilady
08-22-2008, 04:57 PM
How do you make the book? What kind of paper do you use? How do you bind it?

Bright-Spark
08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Okay, sign me up! I will do a small book with japanese stab binding.

My theme is passion....Wide I know, but interested to see how others interpret

monarch
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
katielady - The one I just did a page for had a cover and back made probably out of tag board or matt board, decorated and eyelets on the front and back covers with the pages inside and fibers strung through the eyelets and pages to hold the book together.......You also can make it simple ..... out of card stock folded in half and attach pages inside by staples or use fibers again...... Does this make sense........ Play around alittle and see what you come up with.......

monarch
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
bright-sparks - Thanks so much for signing up!!!!! Do you want embellishments....

katilady
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
OK, add me. My theme will be 'darkness'. And I LOVE embellishments!

monarch
08-22-2008, 06:00 PM
katilady - Thanks so much for signing up!!! Remember it is your boo, so make it how you want to see it....... Have fun and I know you can do it.......

Bright-Spark
08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Ooooh, yes please to embellishments!

So do I now make it up and wait for your instructions on who to send to on Sept 5th? I am international, so I am thinking maybe I should get mine off a bit earlier so people have time to work on it?

monarch
08-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Why are you scared......You have two weeks to work on your little page......

katilady
08-23-2008, 12:52 AM
In the 1st post it says 5 players in 2 groups, but I see myself as #6 in group one. Which is correct? Curious so I know how many pages to put in the book.

monarch
08-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Your sending your book out.....Your not a player........unless you add a page for your book and than it you have 6 pages......

katilady
08-23-2008, 01:25 AM
gotcha! thanks!

Lise Bu
08-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Im in please with the theme of vintage ladies - love embellies of any sort x x x

Marla412
08-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Monarch, add me please! Sounds like fun! You guys can BULK IT UP all you want in my Deco. I'm going to try to make one that has room for bulk - just have to get the spine right - or maybe I'll go with ring binding....hmmmm off to see what I can work up..OH!! THEME, duh.....DESTINATIONS. Depict somewhere you've been or somewhere you'd like to visit, use maps, postcards, geographical info, tourist traps, fibers, beads, whatever to elicit the feel of that special place.

stormarela
08-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I've picked my theme.... Coffee in coffee shops. I love the whole experience of a leisurely $5 cup of coffee! ( or Espresso, Mocha, Flavored Lattes and Cappuccinos)...
so, my order is triple shot with whip cream and chocolate shavings. I am happy with or without embellishments. I want the pages in my deco book to look as varied as the different coffee shops and cafes around the world. ( of course, when I am drinking my own plain coffee at home, I can open the deco and IMAGINE I am somewhere special....

Wow, I got a bit carried away with that,,, but that should give an idea of what I like.

1orange
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
I would love to join in thanks, and i like the theme of black and blue colours, also no heavy stuff, trying to keep cost down.

monarch
08-24-2008, 09:12 PM
lisa bu, marla412 and 1orange - Thank you guys for signing up!!!!!! Have alot s of fun!!!

micromummy
08-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Thanks for signing me up monarch - I am a friend of Lisebu but I am also her mummy lol x x hence the name micromummy x x

rockstarsgirl
08-25-2008, 05:41 AM
I would love to do this, now that I know what's going on lol. I would like my theme to be Hindu gods and goddesses. Any embellishments are ok with me! Chunky is good to.

rockstarsgirl
08-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Oh, wait....did I miss it??? I hope I can squeeze in. This is what I get for waiting

monarch
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
rocketstargirl - Your in ....and I'll get you name on the list....Thanks for signing up!!!! Have fun!!

monarch
08-25-2008, 10:11 AM
If someone else wants in....I'll remove my name from group 2 and put you in.......No big deal......

If thers is more interested, we can always start a new group.....................

monarch
08-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I just started working on my Clown book.......Here is the cover....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3065/2797842048_fdd3b4035c_m.jpg

stormarela
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I can't wait to add to the clown book! I have some ideas already.
I've made my book, but not decorated it yet. Mine is completely made out of chipboard coasters, so the pages are pretty sturdy! I recently got a Bind it All machine and wanted to try it out.

Lise Bu
08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
monarch that book is gorgeous - i love it x x my book is made but not decorated yet x x

Robin
08-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Beautifull Deco! :yes:

Here is mine:

monarch
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Very pretty robin........

stormarela
08-26-2008, 10:11 AM
This going to be fun!!! Your book is very pretty, Robin!

katilady
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
How big can our books be? And can we add extra pages so when the swap is done we can keep passing it around?

monarch
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
katilady - Your book can be as big as you want it to be....... Extra pages???? That is up to you, if you think you can get others players to do a page.........I didn't think about that.................

katilady
08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I already have someone who is going to do a page, so I wanted to make sure!

monarch
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
katilady - That is good...It is your book so go ahead and do what you want with it......Have fun!!!!

micromummy
08-26-2008, 04:27 PM
My book is almost ready, do I send it to you and if so, could I have your address please?
Kate x

monarch
08-26-2008, 05:51 PM
No you don't send it to me.........I'll post our mailing rotation of who we are mailing to at the first of September........and I'll sending you all the addresses in your group probably this weekend.........

Marla412
08-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Here's a teaser of what I've done so far. The book is completed, but I am doing a page myself before I send it off. There are pages that flip up so that you can add a pop-up element, flaps that open, and pockets - a little extra bit of fun if anyone is so inclined.
Look in my gallery for what the inside pages look like.

katilady
08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
That is sooooo cool Marla!

stormarela
08-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Super Cool, Marla, you are going to have a wonderful book!

rockstarsgirl
08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Marla, you even used my favorite paper! I love Basic Grey....I have almost every line of paper they make (yeah, I'm a little obsessed with it).

monarch
09-03-2008, 11:44 AM
The time is nearing.......Group 2.... I need some addresses etc.........

See note at the bottom of the main body of the thread regarding mailing........

katilady
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
The way I undeerstand it we are always mailing to the same person, just a different book each time. Is that correct?

monarch
09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes......your right.....The one you mail to the same person is the one you are working on.........

Robin
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Mine will be ready to mail out on Friday so I will go ahead and pm Bigkay for her address~

So glad you started this up Monarch - can't wait to work in all the decos~

Bright-Spark
09-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Oops almost missed this update, though I knew I had to send tomorrow.

I will get mine off to katliday (along with a Finnish book :)) and post a piccie to the thread!

katilady
09-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Mine is almost ready, will finish up tonight!

monarch
09-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Of course if you books aren't ready for the mail tomorrrow, they can be sent whenever you get them done....I just want us to try and stay within the timeframes so this swap don't drag out till Christmas.........:):)

BigKay
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
My book is constructed and ready enough to be mailed tomorrow.
I started a page in it which isn't done, but I can always finish it when it comes back to me. I added a few extra pages to it, so I can have a few other people work in it too. Es mucho exciting, no?

monarch
09-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi you guys.........I have all the addresses now....I was going to send you all a copy of them but since you will be mailing to the same person all the time, I didn't think it was necessary.........If you don't have an address for mailing tomorrow and can't get a hold of that person, pm me and I'll give it to you........................

Remember to post here when you mail and receive a book.........Thanks!

monarch
09-04-2008, 12:43 PM
My book is being mailed out today to stormarela......................

katilady
09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Are you passing on addresses Monarch? I thought that's what it said in the 1st post.

monarch
09-04-2008, 01:27 PM
katilady - See post # 60 explaining that......

katilady
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I am sick, but I did manage to finish my book. I will do my very best to get it out in the mail tomorrow. :)

monarch
09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I am mailing my book to rocketstargirl today.......

I am sooo excited that we are finally mailing out our books!!! and I can't wait to see what everyone books!!!!

Everyone have fun in what your creating and have an awesome weekend!!!! Thanks to you all for signing up!!!!

Robin
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
My Deco is going out to BigKay today ( as soon as I get to the post office ).

stormarela
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I am just putting on some finishing touches to the cover, and will mail mine out to BrightSparks today!

monarch
09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
robin and stormarela - Thanks so much for updating me.....

BigKay
09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I didn't get a chance last night to finish the page I was working on in my deco, but the book is finished enough to be mailed. I will be sending it to Monarch today after work. Thanks for hosting this, I can't wait to see the book once it gets back to me!

monarch
09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
bigkay, thanks for the update!!!!!! I can't wait to see your book!!!

stormarela
09-05-2008, 02:45 PM
This is exciting! I am going to add some chunk to my cover when I get my book back... no need to submit it to any extra postal abuse!

Bright-Spark
09-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi, Katilday I hope you are feeling better?

I have been laid low the last two days too, so book didn't go in the post today, but it will in the morning. It is still WIP, but I will add to it when it makes it's way home!

stormarela
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
that is beautiful, BrightSpark. I hope you and Katilady are both feeling better!

katilady
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
That's so cool Margaux! I want to investigate the binding. I don't know any binding tricks so I went the cheap route with bunching holes and using ribbon. I am a tad better. Gonna try to get to the PO and then the store for some soup.

monarch
09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Hope you 2 are feeling better soon!!! Mail out on Monday if you aren't up to going out......

BigKay
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I didn't make it to the Post Office today, I got caught up working a lil late :sad:
I will put my deco in the mail tomorrow AM instead, here is a peek at the cover.

stormarela
09-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Here is the front and back cover of my book. (for now)

katilady
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I am horrible and didn't post my book! So sorry! BUT, it is officially on it's way to Robin.

FYI for group 1 folks: my book is easy to undo if you want to take your page out to work on it. Also, this is my first time doing this and I hope it doesn't suck too bad in it's simplicity!

monarch
09-05-2008, 06:52 PM
You guys books look awesome!!! I can't wait to see them!!! Just mail your books when you guys can........I know things come up.......I have been there alot of times......
katilady - Don't fret over the small stuff....It will be just fine......

katilady
09-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks Monarch! And just to clarify I DID mail off to Robin today! :)

rockstarsgirl
09-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Mine will be going off today (Sat). Had a big family thing and I didn't drive so I couldn't make it to the PO.

Bright-Spark
09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Well, I finally made it out of my bed (which I have been glued to for the last few days :sad:) and got to the post office. My book is on it's way to Katilday...

Lise Bu
09-06-2008, 08:01 AM
My book went to Marla yesterday x

Marla412
09-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah Lise Bu, can't wait to get it in the mail! 1Orange I am mailing my book to you Monday. Was not able to get to post office Fri or Sat (work is killing me!!).

1orange
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
That's alright I'm the same I'm mailing my book today as well.

Marla412
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Actually got my book out at the post office today!

monarch
09-08-2008, 10:19 AM
All books are in route...............Thank you guys sooo very much for getting them in the mail!!!! A few of us should be getting ours early this week......Everyone have a great week!!!!

BigKay
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I mailed my book out today to monarch, not Saturday as I had planned. I added some extra pages in hopes that I can get a few friends and favorite artists from the forum to do a page as well, so my book has 10 pages.

I received Robin's butterfly deco already today! There were 4 loose butterflies in the bag with the book, I hope they didn't fall off.

Seeing hers in person, I hope mine isn't too big! This is the first deco I've done. I'm excited to start working in it! Do we post the work we do in the books, or keep is as a surprise?!

Robin
09-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I received from Katilady today~ Will work on it and have it out within the week to BigKay~

katilady
09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Glad it made it there alive! :D

monarch
09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
bigkay - I'll let you know when it gets here........

I'm so glad the books are starting to arrive..........When you are done with them they can be mailed on to the next person........

Please post your completed pages here so we all can see...Thanks!!!!

Bright-Spark
09-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Yippee, Stormarela's coffee book arrived today. I will probably only be able to work on it next week (still pathetically in my bed most of the day and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself.....), but I appreciate the rules on timing.

It is a lovely book, I will have to investigate these binding machines. Plus, I realise I probably should have used heavier weight paper on mine, but I did that so postage wouldnt be so awful for everyone.

monarch
09-10-2008, 11:12 AM
bright-spark - Boy that was quick coming from her....Her maill usually takes sooooo long........Gee I hope your feeling better real soon!!! Being ill can be very depressing!!! Take care of yourself.................

stormarela
09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes, I seem to have a direct connection mailing to Bright-Spark, which is wonderful. It seems only my mail to and from the US is really slow.
I'm really looking forward to seeing each book arrive, there will be so many wonderful ideas for future books!
I hope you are feeling better soon Bright-Spark. Maybe some strong coffee will perk you up. (pun intended...lol)

Robin
09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Deco on the way to BigKay today~

monarch
09-11-2008, 01:11 PM
robin - are you mailing katilady's to bigkay...............You should post a pic of your page......

katilady
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Yay! The Passion Book of Bright-Spark has arrived!

I have a question. Do I have to have my page be the 1st? Or can I choose a page in the middle?

Bright-Spark
09-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks for asking that question katilady, I must admit I was going to ask stormarela the same one!

As far as I am concerned, you choose your page!

katilady
09-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Yay! And wanna know something? Your book smells really good! Like perfume, but very faint.

katilady
09-12-2008, 12:25 AM
And the same goes for me, I don't care which page anyone does!

rockstarsgirl
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I got Monarch's book today. Awesome! Such a great cover and the beads on the sides are the perfect touch. I already have ideas for images to use....and the colors on the cover are just perfect for what I was already thinking!

stormarela
09-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Anyone can do any page in my book, as long as you do a front and back (of the same page!)... Thanks for asking Bright Spark.

monarch
09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I received micomummy and bigkay's awesome awesome books yesterday!!! They are sooo neat!!!!!

BigKay
09-14-2008, 07:28 PM
I finished my page in Robin's book and will send it to monarch Monday morning.
Monday is a better mailing day for me since I have the most art time on weekends.
Here it is!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/389/1_butterflies.jpg

Decos are fun :yes:

katilady
09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
It's gorgeous!

monarch
09-14-2008, 07:32 PM
bigkay, your page is sooo beauitful!!! I just love it!!!! I am almost done with your page and I'll post it probably in a short while.......I hope you like it.............It was a hard theme for me................

BigKay
09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Thank you, monarch & kati :)

I chose that theme because it is difficult for me too and I wanted to see other artist's interpretation of it. I'm sure I will love your page. I imagine it is going to end up being a really great book.

& believe it or not, butterflies was a difficult theme for me.

monarch
09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
You guys don't get shook when you see that some are going on their second mailing........The overseas ones are going to take awhile with the mail system and you do have 2 weeks to work on your page from the day you receive the book...............This is why I want the 2 week period for working on the page met because this could drag on for quite sometime and we don't want that.......Everyone have a great week ahead of you..........

monarch
09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
bigkay...I guess that is how we all grow when we do things out of our comfort zone......

katilady
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
BigKay while we are talking themes, by 'The Future' do you mean politically, socially, outer spacey?? Or is it up to us?

BigKay
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
BigKay while we are talking themes, by 'The Future' do you mean politically, socially, outer spacey?? Or is it up to us?

It's up to the artist, whatever you want to do on the theme.
Please do not be influenced by what I started to draw, I'm not finished with my page yet and was just doodling. When I chose that theme I expected a lot of variety on it.

monarch
09-14-2008, 08:25 PM
bigkay you have an awesome book and the cover I love!!! Great work!!!

Here is your page.......The robot had forks in each hand..............They are kinda hard to see.........

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2857299969_e0f36f26fd.jpg

bigkay - what did you do to the back of your finished page........

katilady
09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
That's great Monarch! Love the colors!

katilady
09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
And thanks Kay for the clarification!

BigKay
09-14-2008, 08:35 PM
oh my god, I love that page!!!!
it's really great!

In Robin's book, she wrote on the backs of the pages so I just went crazy and decorated around it. I actually did the back of her page before I did the front & got a lil carried away with it.

I just went to upload it and found that the file I saved it as can't be opened.
Good thing you said something. I'm going to re-scan it now before I seal the envelope.

monarch
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I am soo glad you like it!! Have a great week you two........

BigKay
09-14-2008, 08:46 PM
That's great Monarch! Love the colors!

I agree! I love the colors too!

Here is the back of my page. Much different than the front.

monarch
09-14-2008, 09:25 PM
That is sooo awesome!!!!! Lots and lots of work there......

katilady
09-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Ya'll inspired me to finish Brigh-Sparks Deco. Her theme is Passion and as usual I took the road less traveled. This is entitled 'Passion of the Saints':

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Bright_Spark-Deco.jpg

Bright-Spark
09-15-2008, 01:17 AM
katilady, I LOVE it!!!!!

Everyone's pages are looking soooo good.....

1orange
09-15-2008, 03:29 AM
marla412 your amazing book has arrived, it's a real piece of art. I wish i could keep it.

stormarela
09-15-2008, 03:40 AM
I love the pages posted! This is getting very exciting!

Robin
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
BigKay - the page is so beautifull - thanks~

monarch
09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
1orange - I'm glad you received your book.........

BigKay
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I put Robin's book in the mail to monarch today and received katilady's when I got home. Nice lookin' book, Kati. It's about the same size as mine, which makes me feel a lil better (I thought maybe mine was too big)

We are supposed to decorate both sides on a single page, right?

katilady
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I put Robin's book in the mail to monarch today and received katilady's when I got home. Nice lookin' book, Kati. It's about the same size as mine, which makes me feel a lil better (I thought maybe mine was too big)

We are supposed to decorate both sides on a single page, right?

Thanks! And yes, that's my understanding is both sides on a single page, with the back containing artist info.

rockstarsgirl
09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Mine left a few days ago. Sorry for being so late in posting! I am working on Monarchs and the moment. I have the perfect images all put together and I am soooooo excited!!

micromummy
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
1orange I've received your book and am working on it tonight. I hope to post it on to Monarch tomorrow

1orange
09-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Thats great and im glad it got to you safely.

stormarela
09-17-2008, 10:45 PM
still waiting.... still waiting...

Bright-Spark
09-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi folks, I haven't disapeared, just been ill (ended up in hospital yesterday having tests done :sad:).

I will try to get Stormarela's book off to katilday by the weekend (and post pics here).

katilady
09-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Oh no Margaux! I hope everything is OK! Sending you healing thoughts!

stormarela
09-18-2008, 01:50 AM
oh yes, Bright Spark, get better soon. Don't worry about the book if you are not feeling well.

monarch
09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I see a three books have not made it to where they are going........Stormarela's mailing take forever, rocketstargirls's book hasn't made it lise bu but it was mailed a little later and we haven't heard from marla412 to see if she rec'd lise bu's book.......
Thanks for all your updates you guys.........

I am mailing bigkay's to stormarela today.......

Lise Bu
09-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh I hope my book isn't lost x x

Bright-Spark
09-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Many thanks for the kind thoughts. I am sure I will be fine, it is just that I haven't got as much done the last two weeks as I had planned, which has knocked me off kilter.

I don't want to rush Stormarela's page. I know what I am going to do, just need some quality time to get on with it!!

micromummy
09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Monarch, I've posted 1orange's book to you today so it should be winging it's way to you as I write.
Kate x

Bright-Spark
09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeh, I got some quality time tonight to work on Stormarela's book (and managed not to be distracted by SAT).

I knew what I wanted to do for the first page, and the theme for the back, but the back hasn't quite come up to my expectations. Stormarela mentioned on post 28 the different coffee shops and cafes around the world, and I wanted to show one of my favourite places to drink coffee - the National Museum of Scotland! I will have a think when fresh in the morning, but plan to get this off to katilady tomorrow.

I hope we are supposed to post pics to the thread? The pages aren't meant to be a surprise for the book owner?

stormarela
09-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I love it Bright Spark.. how did you know about the Cake? I thought my cake addiction was well hidden. I would love to be at the National Museum of Scotland, reading books, drinking coffee and eating Cake. How good would that be?

katilady
09-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Those are wonderful pages!!!!

I sent off Bright-Spark's book to Robin today!

stormarela
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Monarch, your book has arrived, safe and sound! Its so cheery and fun! Now I can start ... hmmmmm, where to begin!

stormarela
09-20-2008, 03:32 AM
Here is what I have accomplished so far. I still need to seal it with some gel medium, and see if it needs any embellishments or not...

Marla412
09-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Lise Bu your book arrived safe and sound today! It is beautiful and don't worry - I will handle it with much care! I will post when I get it out to 1orange. Hopefully by the end of the week as I'm out of town this weekend.

Bright-Spark
09-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Stormarela's book is in the mail to katilady!

katilady
09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Here is what I have accomplished so far. I still need to seal it with some gel medium, and see if it needs any embellishments or not...

These are so fun!

Lise Bu
09-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks so much for letting me know you have received my book Marla - I was beginning to get a little concerned x x

monarch
09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
micromummy - I'll let you know when I receive the book.........

bright-spark - Awesome pages!!! and thank for posting pics of them!!!!

katilady - Thanks for the update!!!!

monarch
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
stormarela - I love love my pages!!!! Thanks for posting them and I am so glad that it finally made it to you!!!!!

monarch
09-22-2008, 11:24 AM
marla412 and bright-spark - Thanks for the updates.......

Lise Bu
09-22-2008, 11:44 AM
i got rockstarsgirls book today - am going to work on it in the next few days x x

monarch
09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
lise bu - Thanks for the update!!!! Have a great week!!!

monarch
09-22-2008, 12:13 PM
All books from the first mailing have been received...Thanks so much you guys!!!!

BigKay
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I worked on a page for Katilady over the weekend for a long time but I'm not happy with it so, I'm hanging on to it a few more days,

I have a gloss medium that I really like for most collages, but when I'm working with a lot of dark colors, it ends up looking sticky, like I made a collage and spilled orange juice on it.

That's where I am right now w/ Kati's page.
I'll post when it's done :)

katilady
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I know I will be happy with whatever you come up with! You make awesome art!

Robin
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I received Bright-spark's book today! Will work on it this week and have it in the mail on Friday.

monarch
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
bigkay - Sounds like your having fun...Take your time..You have penalty of time to work on it... By the way, I received robins book today........

robin - Thanks for the update.......

stormarela
09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
I've mailed Monarch's book to Bright-Spark today. Hopefully its on another quick flight!

monarch
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
stormarela - Thanks for the update.......

monarch
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Here are the front and back pages for micromummy's deco book.........
Her theme is vintage babies....I could not find any good images so I used a picture of me when I was 1 years old.......I am kinda vintage being born in 1947......I hope it is going to be alright.....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2884634277_6a533d4912_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3184/2884642825_466b4ffb30_m.jpg

micromummy
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Monarch'
That's a lovely page, thank you.
And less of the calling yourself vintage. I was born in 1946 and am not ready to think past 40 yet, so you're still are wee young thing!!!

monarch
09-24-2008, 12:52 PM
kate - I don't really think of myself as vintage but when I was doing your page I did;);)

katilady
09-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Monarch the page is great and you were a cute lil thing!

monarch
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
katilady........I still am.............but look alot alot older now......

katilady
09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Don't we all!!

stormarela
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Beautiful pages, Monarch, I bet you could have sold alot of boxes of Cornflakes with that pretty smile!
The way I feel this morning is so much past vintage, I've labelled myself prehistoric.... and thats not pretty.

Bright-Spark
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Ah ladies, it's all in the mind! I always remember my mother saying she wasnt buying 'old wifies shoes' when she was in her seventies and I suspect/hope I will be the same.

Lovely pages Monarch!

monarch
09-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Yea...I stilll dress like I have always dressed.......Running around in shorts all summer and jeans in the winter....When I remember how my grandmothers and mother dressed when they were as old as I am, I thought I am dressing that way......but I guess that is the way it was back than..............Now everyone want to look younger..........We might get away with it with our clothes that we wear but we still can't get rid of the wrinkles unless you have money to spend on that........I don't......

monarch
09-24-2008, 08:34 PM
micromummy's book is being mailed to rocketstargirl tomorrow.......

BigKay
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm finished with Katilady's page. It was a hard one to scan so I'm going to try taking pictures of it tomorrow before I mail it. It took a while for me to be happy with it so it ended up pretty thick. The quote says "even a small star shines in darkness" (it's hidden in the tree).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3272/2885966035_4dbe9b9d20.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/big_k/2885966035/)

katilady
09-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh! It is awesome!!!! I am thrilled!

monarch
09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Your pages lookes awesome!!! I can't wait to see it in person!!!!

BigKay
09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks monarch!

Kati, I'm glad you like it! There are more colors than black in there, I promise. The scanner just didn't pick them up very well. I'm really loving this deco project. I was getting in a mail art slump and this was just what I needed. Good times!

And monarch, your page is adorable! Announce that you're vintage proudly, ladies. Vintage is always in fashion!

katilady
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Stormy's coffee book arrived today from Bright-Spark! I honestly hove NO coffee pics in all my mags! And I have a ton of mags, lol! I promise to do something divine even if it's a challenge!

BTW, Bright-Sparks page is GORGEOUS!!

monarch
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM
katilady - Thanks for the update!!!

Marla412
09-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Here are the pages I did for Lise Bu's "Vintage Ladies" deco. Hope she likes them. This theme is out of normal comfort zone so I'm a little anxious about them being "right". I gave them lots of thought though and hope they suite the theme. I'm mailing it out today to Alice in New Zeland (1orange).

katilady
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I think they are gorgeous Marla!

monarch
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
marla412 - Yours pages are awesome!!!!! Nice work and thank for the update......

Marla412
09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks! Can't wait to get my next book in the mail!!

rockstarsgirl
09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Lise...any sign of my book? It's been over a week.....I think a week and a half. My mail usually doesn't take that long to get to the UK (it usually takes less time to get there than it does to go across the US lol)

monarch
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Here is robin's butterfly page.........mulberry papers, chalks, altered image and spray

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3292/2890770646_b5dd437112_m.jpg

stormarela
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Thats a beautiful Butterfly, Monarch!

Bright-Spark
09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
That's a lovely butterfly Monarch!

Bright-Spark
09-26-2008, 04:47 PM
How funny, stormarela and I must have posted simultaneously!

stormarela
09-26-2008, 11:00 PM
haha, I guess we did! And now you owe me a beer.

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Stormarela, if I could, there would be a beer (and coffee and cake!).

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Stormarela, that direct flight between Calgary and Edinburgh hasn't let us down. Robin's book has just arrived!

I will work on it next week and post pics. Hard act to follow btw, lovely bright pages Stormarela!

Robin
09-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Wow! what a beautifull butterfly~ Thanks Monarch~

monarch
09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm glad you like it robin!!!!

bright-spark - Thanks for the update.......

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Monarch has quite correctly identified me as a diddy!!

I have received Monarch's book from Stormarela not Robin's.....

And I haven't even started on the wine yet! Maybe that's the problem.:biglaugh:

katilady
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Wine? Where's the wine? Oh wait--not noon yet here, must wait! Don't want to be considered a lush!

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm saying nuttin!

The fact that I have a glass in hand is a huge improvement on the last few weeks. Obviously feeling much better tonight and back to some kinda normal....:D

katilady
09-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I am glad you are better! I think we should raise a glass to that!

stormarela
09-27-2008, 03:59 PM
I was going to raise a toast regardless of the occassion.. but, its MUCH better to drink to good health.
So here is the toast...

There are many good reasons for drinking --
And one has just entered my head:
If an artist doesn't drink when she's living,
How the hell can she drink when she's dead!

katilady
09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Hahahahahaha! Perfect Susan!

katilady
09-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Stormy's coffee page is done! I attempted drawing, which is rare for me! I really hope you like it! It's simple but the background is fun and funky! Will try to finish the back tonight for mailing tomorrow, but no promises!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_coffee-003.jpg

Bright-Spark
09-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Looks good to me katilady!

katilady
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Margaux! Yours is a hard act to follow!

stormarela
09-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Kati, I LOVE IT! I am so thrilled that you drew it for me! I'll treasure it!

katilady
09-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh goody! I have fussed with the page a little bit--added spider writer to the background (funky pen from crayola) and thickened lines--but it essentially looks the same. I am too lazy to take another pic!

Lise Bu
09-29-2008, 04:59 AM
RSG - yes your book has landed (i'm sure I did update - may have not done) - pages are done and I am sending it on today x x

monarch
09-29-2008, 09:56 AM
lise bu.....Thanks for the update......

monarch
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
I am mailing robin's butterfly book to stormarla today........

rocketstargirl - You need to get my book on the move again...If you can't finish the page mail it on to the person you mail to and you can do it later.......

Robin
09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I have Bright-Sparks page completed and will have it in the mail to BigKay tommorow~

monarch
09-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks robin......

rockstarsgirl
09-30-2008, 01:00 AM
It is already on it's way. My mail seems to be taking a while to get to Lise. I just haven't been around to post things.

monarch
09-30-2008, 10:21 AM
rockstargirl - Thanks for the update.........

BigKay
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I was sick over the weekend and the weather was rainy and gross so I didn't get Katilady's book mailed until today.

It's flying to monarch as i type.

monarch
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
bigkay - I hope your feeling better and I'll be on the watch for the book!!!! Thanks for the update!!!!!

katilady
10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I will be mailing Stormy's book off to Robin tomorrow--my big postal day!

monarch
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the update..........

stormarela
10-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I've received BigKay's book from Monarch today. I've got some ideas... will work on it this weekend. I just love how you bound the book, BigK, its so cool.:v_spin:

1orange
10-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Finally got to the post man today so my package is on its way to micromummy.

monarch
10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
stormarela and 1orange - Thanks for the updates!!!!!

Bright-Spark
10-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Right, I have done Monarch's pages (yes, Monarch's not Robin's....)

I have a couple of questions:

1. Stormarela - what was the paint/pen you used? I love the transparent quality

2. Why are American hole punches a different size to the UK?
I know paper sizes are different as I work for an American firm, but.... Luckily I tried out my hole punch before messing up Monarch's pages as I had drawn and painted on two seperate sheets and then stuck them onto Monarch's page. So, my holes are done by scalpel and maybe not so neat, sorry!

Popping over the road to the Post Office right now, so Katilady should look out for this shortly.

monarch
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
I love love my pages!!! Thanks a whole bunch!!!!!!

Bright-Spark
10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Glad you like them Monarch!

I think everyone is doing a great job, based on the pics posted so far.

katilady
10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Wonderful pages B-S! I have sent Stormy's book to Robin today, hopefully it will get there by Sat!

monarch
10-02-2008, 01:39 PM

stormarela
10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Right, I have done Monarch's pages (yes, Monarch's not Robin's....)

I have a couple of questions:

1. Stormarela - what was the paint/pen you used? I love the transparent quality

The answer is not so simple, but here are the events that lead up to the 'transparent quality'

1. Draw and colour with water based Stampin' Up markers.
2. Highlight with a White Pen-Touch opaque white ink permanent marker
3. Pictures taken and posted at this stage.
4. Cover with thin layer of Liquitex Matte Gel
5. PANIC as the gel blended the first to layers - the white ink 'faded' into the 'smeared' marker ink
5. When the gel medium dried, I went over the page again with the white permanent marker to put highlights on the 'transparent' quality you speak of!

Actually, I think the end result is better than the pictures I posted, although I was horrified for quite a while! :swoon:

Bright-Spark
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Well I tell you Stormarela, I thought the pictures looked good when you posted them in the thread, and they looked even better in real life!

1orange
10-04-2008, 07:56 PM
hi i have just got lise bu's book and have found that micromummy and marla412 have done a page and now i am going to do a page but i am a little unclear on who to send it to now, help?

katilady
10-04-2008, 08:13 PM
micromummy is Lise Bu's real mummy--they might be planning on her doing 2 pages maybe!

BigKay
10-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I received Bright-Spark's book from Robin today.
It's such a nice soft little book, I want to use it as a pillow and take a nap on it.

katilady
10-04-2008, 08:53 PM
And it smells good too!

monarch
10-05-2008, 02:24 PM
1orange - I sent micromummy a pm and asked her if you should send it to the next person or if she is doing another page.......I'll post when I hear something.......

bigkay - Thanks for the update....

monarch
10-05-2008, 02:33 PM
rocketstargirl - have you received lise bu's book that I mailed to you on the 25th..............Please be posting in the thread when a book has been received, so we don't have to worry if it has made it to its destination............................ By the way...I am also ready to mail 1orange's book to you.....Are you ready for it...Please check in with me...............Thanks!!

monarch
10-05-2008, 02:46 PM
bigkay - Received katilady's book.......

micromummy
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi 1orange,
Sorry if we've confused you. Yes I've already done a page in Lise bu's book so, if you want to send it to the next person that's ok. Just bypass me and send it to Monarch, it'll give you more time to play with if you need it. I thought we had already informed you, my mistake, SORRY.
Kate x

monarch
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
1orange - I'll pm you my address........

1orange
10-06-2008, 05:07 AM
Thanks guys for the info I shell send it onto Monarch when I'm done.

Robin
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I received Stormarela's book today and will work on it this week sometimes and get it in the mail on Monday~

monarch
10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
robin - Thanks so much for the update!!!!!

stormarela
10-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I've received Robyn's butterfly book today.... and eeek, I still have Big Kay's future book. I better get cracking!

monarch
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
stormarela.......Thanks for the update!!!

monarch
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
1orange's book is ready to mail out....I haven't heard anything from rocketstargirl....I still don't know if she has received the book that I mailed to her on September 25th........My 2 weeks are up today........If I do not hear from her by tomorrow, I am mailing 1 orange's book to lise bu................I have been in alot of circle journal groups and I don't want books to start piling up at one persons house when they are not keeping in contact with this group...........If I don't hear anything from her by the weekend, I will call her..........

katilady
10-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Monarch your freaking ADORABLE clown book has arrived. The artwork in it is divine too!

Bright-Spark
10-08-2008, 01:53 AM
I am soooo glad the mail is working between Stormarela and myself and myself and katilady! I was a bit worried at the start that I would be holding things up.

Keep your fingers crossed this continues of course, and I that I haven't just jinked the whole process..........:twitcy:

monarch
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM

monarch
10-08-2008, 10:24 AM
bright-spark - I am so glad the mail is working for you, too........

I am just concerned about micromummy's book......... I wish rocketstargirl would check in.......

Bright-Spark
10-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I know she was ill, so hopefully she is okay.

It is so unlike her not be logging on now and again. I have been checking because I wanted to be sure she got her returns from my swap.

monarch
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
1orange's book mailed to lise bu today........

stormarela
10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I've finished my part in BigKay's book, but it won't scan... I did it all on metallic tape, and my scanner refuses to co-operate. My take is " The Future is so Bright, I gotta wear shades " (this page is blinding) Its going in the mail tonight!

BigKay
10-09-2008, 08:49 AM
OMG, that page sounds SO AWESOME!
I'm so curious to see it, but I like surprises too!
I can't wait :)

monarch
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
stormarela - Thanks for the update!!!!!

Lise Bu
10-11-2008, 03:40 AM
I still haven't received anything from Rockstarsgirl (I think it was your book Monarch) - to be honest I feel a little bit left on the shelf - everyone is on their 3rd/4th mailings and I haven't even received my 2nd yet. x x I don't mean to whine sorry x x

monarch
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I am getting concerned about Group 2.................. We need to be checking in on this thread a least once a week and as soon as you receive a book....please post it here....It make things so much easier for me...............Sent a PM to marla412 today to see if she received rocketstargirls book that was mailed to her on the 29th of September.......

I called rocketstargirl at 12:20 this afternoon and there was no answer....I left a message to have her checked in to this site/thread.......She has not been on line since October 3rd........I still don't know if she received micromummy's book that was mailed to her on September 25th...................Was my book mailed on the 29th of September by rocketstargirl........lise bu has not received yet......

If I don't hear anything in a few days, I will check with the moderators and see what we should do....................Marla412 if you see this, please don't mail rocketstargirl's book anywhere till I tell you.........

monarch
10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
lise bu - You should be receiving 1orange's book that I mailed to you in Oceober 8th......

micromummy - You should be receiving marla412's book that 1orange mailed to you on October 2nd...................

micromummy
10-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for update monarch. I hope things get moving soon so we can all stop worrying. I also hope rocketstargirl is ok and it's just a temporary setback.

monarch
10-12-2008, 05:17 PM
I just got a pm from bright-spark and she in formed me that queenofthenight was rocketstargirl's mom......I just sent her a pm.................Maybe we will find something out......