PDA

View Full Version : gifties: 12 Days of christmas due nov 30th

Pages : [1] 2 3

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
*swap is full*
12 days of christmas swap

wthdrawal date: September 20 – I am making this date sooner, only because when signing up, please please be sure you can devote your time towards this swap!

Swap Due by November 30th
Packages are to be in my hands by that date
here's how it works:

1. make 12 gifts - one for each person in the group. There will be 13 players in this swap because on the day the gift YOU have made for the other players, you can open the 13th one, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to open a gift on your day.)

The gifts can be jewelry, journals, wall art, altered tins, handmade notecards, magnets, handmade 2009 calendars, art dolls, ornaments, picture frames, mini assemblages, the possibilities are endless! Just remember, everything must be handmade!

Be creative and as artistic as possible, however remember you will have to make 12 of them. you can make them all the same or they can be different - just let me know when you send them. however you dont have to decide this right away.

despite this being titled 12 days of christmas, the gifts made are not going to be christmas themed - some of us may not celebrate christmas or want christmas themed gifts. however, you can do winter themed items - i hope this is ok! instead - this swap is about the fun of a surprise for 12 day
Gift ideas: http://12daysofxmas.blogspot.com/200...1_archive.html (http://12daysofxmas.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html)
http://12-days.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html

2. then wrap each gift you have made! Be creative as possible- you can embellish, stamp, add glitter and ribbon, or whatever else to jazz up the wrapping. Also be sure to include the DAY you were assigned as part of the embellishment. You can do this by stamping the number onto the wrapper, using diecut numbers, shipping tags etc.
note: if you are doing personalized gifts, when wrapping them - be sure to include the username of the person you are giving it to!
for inspiration on wrapped gifts:
http://12-days.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html
http://12daysofxmas.blogspot.com/200...1_archive.html (http://12daysofxmas.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html)

3. please take a photo of the WRAPPED GIFTS…so we can wonder what’s inside..if you cannot, for whatever reason, that is okay, when I get the gifts you have made I can take a photo for you.
(remember these are surprises, so DO NOT post what you have made!)
Instead you can post tantalizing sneak peeks of the gifts, just small details for us to be excited and intrigued. Just be sure not to spill the surprise!

4. US participants: because this is a holiday swap, and the postal services tend to get a lot busier, what i recommend is either paypalling me the money - send the same amount it took you to send me the package of gifts. or send me $10 in cash/stamps. i will reuse the packaging you use to send to me as well. Please includevan address label with your ATA username). You can send cash or payment through paypal. My paypal email is seasecrets AT gmail dot com. Be sure to add 50 cents when sending payment through paypal to cover the fee. No need for SASE bubble envelopes, jut an address label please.

5. (technicalities aside, as the 12 days of Christmas are from dec 25 to jan 5th) but for the fun of the swap, we will be opening the gifts on the days leading up to Christmas. So the 1st day to open your gift is December 14!

6. timeframe for this swap:
5th dec 2008 time to mail out the gifts!
14 dec 2008 – time to open day 1’s gift!

participants:
day 1 12/14/08 adriayna {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: I'm currently collecting: trees (any and all), more TREES, trees, trees.
day 2 12/15/08 goatgoddess {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: earthtones and fall colors, purples, blues
zetti, Dragons, Unicorns, Fairies, Elves, any type of Fantasy, anything vintage,sci fi, Art deco and Art Nouveau, cowgirls, goats of course, dragonflies, anything in fabric, earthtones and fall colors, fall colored leaves, collage
day 3 12/16/08 amyfaerie {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: My favorite colors are black, shades of gray, and any sort of muddy purple or purply-brown.
I'm always looking for a little something different for my ATC collection, but I always love crows, ravens and blackbirds. I love old-school tattoo designs and literary quotes, too. Antique typewriters are also a weakness.
Circus sideshow and Halloween cards are always welcome here, too.
day 4 12/17/08 egrobeck {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: birds, owls, vintage, fantasy, nautical/ocean/mermaids, Alice in Wonderland, Halloween, faeries, zetti (my fave colors are those of the Caribbean Sea - think aquas/lt blues/dark blues/cobalt blues/pthalo green (blue shade)/and maybe a tinge or two of some purple/lavender and copper, ooh, and verdigris)
day 5 12/18/08 curbsidetreasure (hostess)
fav colors + themes: deep purples, blues, greens, birds, travel, fairy tales (non disney), alice in wonderland, numbers and letters - i especially love the & (ampersand) symbol, vintage, collage, mixed media art and altered art. i love objects like skeleton keys and old typewriters, and love joseph cornell's work.
day 6 12/19/08 corrie04 {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: Blues, blues, blues, and blues (the entire family, including the step-children), Chocolate brown, Pink & Red, purple, seafoamy green, Mixed Media, Whimsical cards, Numbers, Letters, Image Transfers, Rich deep colors, Cats
day 7 12/20/08 katilady {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: Fave color combos are: blue/orange, purple/green, pink/orange. i love mixed media and collage anything! I love dark imagery, erotic art and lots of other fun stuff. Oh! Religious imagery rocks! Especially if it's ironic. Skulls, skeletons, anything anatomical. Bats. Middle eastern images. One thing I am not interested in trading for is Zetti's, frankly I find them over done. I don't really do stickers either! I'd like to start a collection of portraits of my 2 kitties! PM me if interested.
day 8 12/21/08 originalyouth {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: I love these color combos (black/white) (red/turquoise) (turquoise/chocolate brown). I love explosions of color, mini colorful paintings on canvases, and silver jewelry. I'm a conservative, Christian Mom, so keep things G-rated).
day 9 12/22/08 art4mysanity {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: artist choice. I love every color, I love all themes and don't collect any in particular. So here's the deal - I've got a chunky page in my collection from Dana and it has one her signature trees and I love it! I've got a tip top doll painting from OY in my collection and I love that. So, basically I like getting something representative of the artist who created the piece.
day 10 12/23/08 katiev {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: I like all kinds of media. Themes I'm currently collecting are: hedgehogs, outhouses, and house-shaped cards. Fave colors: sky blue, turquoise, fuschia
day 11 12/24/08 paperscraps {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: Favorite colors - lime green, pink. I collect cards with dogs. I also love cards with cakes, fish and birds. I love all themes and mediums, especially hand drawn because I can't do this to save my life
day 12 12/25/08 livia {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: I have no favorite color I love them all. Right now I am collecitng landscapes, city scapes, neighborhood scenes, etc, they can be fantasy type also. Also I love anything with a Christmas theme, especially the vintage kind.
day 13: 12/26/08 artedar {gifts have arrived}
fav colors + themes: Altered Art, Art Dolls, Coastal-lighthouses, shells, starfish, seahorses, crabs etc. I'm a Cancer sign and also love the moon) Antiques-early 1900's thru 1930's, Angels- Chunkies, Zetti
Fav color combo:red, black and white or black and white, Ladies hats.
I truly love an artists own individual style....what ever they do best is always much more appreciated then trying to copy or recreate something they are not comfortable or familiar with. I just adore Topaz's style and could never accomplish that my self and would drool over one of her pieces, see what I mean? So I'm open to surrealism, or anything.

adriayna
08-27-2008, 12:48 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!! I have already started on everyone's gifts. Hints: lots of layers!

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 12:51 PM
:D
hi dana! i'm super excited to do this swap!

JAD
08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
oppps..I see it is invite only...silly me..
Have fun creating gifts for each other :)

katilady
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I am sooooo excited about this! As Amy would say: WOOT!

katilady
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!! I have already started on everyone's gifts. Hints: lots of layers!

You are quick Dana!

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah dana is quick :)
i'm still thinking on what i should make...

goatgoddess
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Ohhh how fun - got a few ideas - now to pick one :)

corrie04
08-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah!!!
Will everyone do me a favor and list your favorite COLORS on your profile page, please! Thanks

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
good idea corrie :)
i'm gonna do that now.

amyfaerie
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
i'm all tickled . . . woot! i will definitely add that to my profile, corrie!

adriayna
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually, I was quick because I was the one approving the swap, lol.

monarch
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I am so sad I missed this:sad::sad:

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 06:20 PM
monarch, ibus -i decided this was an invite only swap - however there is no reason why you guys can't start your own 12 days of xmas (though i suggest changing the title of your swap thread slightly as not to confuse people) as i can see there is definitely interest here.

adriayna
08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
I am quick! Most of my gifts are done done done! I've been working like a madman on two things--writing the diss and making gifts! LOL

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 06:35 PM
LOL
dana's a madwoman
geez you blew that one out the water, the rest of us havent even formulated an idea yet!

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
oh sorry, i missed the part about your first swap.
is there anybody you know on this site that could be willing to host it?
it might be a good idea to team up with a friend who could host and then you could join in.

egrobeck
08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Holy WOOT WOOTs Batman! Dana is done already? ALREADY????
aiy.

that, and my fave colors are those of the Caribbean Sea - think aquas/lt blues/dark blues/green blues and maybe a tinge or two of some purple/lavender

KatieV
08-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Ooooh, this is so exciting!! I've got a few ideas for the gifts, gotta decide between them.

Good idea about the favorite colors! I just added mine :)

curbsidetreasure
08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
not needed anymore.

adriayna
08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Yes, I'm done. I'd post pictures of proof, but then you'd know what gifts you were getting. I was a madwoman! Actually, I've been dying for a reason to do some of these, and when I found it I just went to town after getting the first PM from curbsidetreasure!

KatieV
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Now I'm really curious Dana! You gonna post any sneaky-peaky teases?

OriginalYouth
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Dana, you are BONKERS. Sincerely.

I'm happy about this one, for sure. Great group too, some of which I have traded with more than others. I THINK I know what I'm going to make for each of you, but not sure. I'll figure it out in October!

Also, the day you all get gifts from me is MY birthday. I'll be 29. again. :)

ArteDar
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!!
corrie I'll add my color selections for ya, NP.
adriayna....My word....I would be skeptical had it been anyone other then you saying they were finished....but knowing you and all that energy you have I believe it.....now don't you go and forget all about us so early in the game....ya have to check us out every week!!! Mum says so...ROFL!!!!
Okay missy OY.....didn't you know that once you've turned 21 there are no more birthdays for anyone?! har~har!!!
Well....as far as what ya'll will be getting from me I haven't come to any hard decisions yet, but.....most likely it's gonna be something that's been altered 'cause ya'll know I'm an altering maniac....hummmm tuna fish cans anyone? heehee

OriginalYouth
08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm going to make personalized gifts for each person, I think...in your fave themes or colors... yummy!

Dar, I'm 'stuck' at 29. I'm going to be '29 for the 4th time this year!'. That does NOT happen every day, ya know?

katilady
08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm going to make personalized gifts for each person, I think...in your fave themes or colors... yummy!

Dar, I'm 'stuck' at 29. I'm going to be '29 for the 4th time this year!'. That does NOT happen every day, ya know?

Ooooh! I can count, I think you're older than me by a year!

I am still brainstorming and googling!

OriginalYouth
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Ooooh! I can count, I think you're older than me by a year!

No fair, you still look 24!

My current idea involves fabric and art supplies. :) Not to make, to include....

katilady
08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooh!

And thank you! It sucks getting carded when I go to the bar on my yearly visit, lol!

OriginalYouth
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
And thank you! It sucks getting carded when I go to the bar on my yearly visit, lol!

Oh shush. I only get carded when they ask me if I want a Senior Citizen discount. :P

katilady
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
You are talking nonsense woman!

adriayna
08-28-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL, Sarah hun, you don't look that old :P.

Let's see...sneak peaks.

Well, I said they were layered (clue 1). And... They are similar, and yet different (Clue 2).

LOL. Maybe I'll take a close up picture or something. Or a fuzzy picture! LOLOLOL.

KatieV
08-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I just got carded yesterday -- made my day!! Hadn't been carded the last few times that we went out :sad:

So we can do personalized gifts too? Just label them with the username??

OriginalYouth
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
So we can do personalized gifts too? Just label them with the username??

I'm pretty sure she said that was fine. It'll make it easier for her to swap too!

curbsidetreasure
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
i'm probably the youngest one in this swap :P

yes we can do personalized gifts! since they will be wrapped up, tag them with the day you are assigned and the username of the person you are giving it to.

PaperScraps
08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I think I know what I'm going to make. I just have to go buy some _ _ _ _ _ and see if I can do it. :)

KatieV
08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Cool!

I just realized that this is going to require serious will-power from me: it'll be super hard not to just open up everything the day that the package arrives!

katilady
08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Cool!

I just realized that this is going to require serious will-power from me: it'll be super hard not to just open up everything the day that the package arrives!

No kidding!

curbsidetreasure
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
oh i know katie. you realize, its gonna be even harder for me....as a hostess not to open everything! LOL.

however: one way to not open the gifts prematurely is to wrap them beautifully. it doesnt have to be really super expensive, just try to be creative when wrapping the gifts.

i also tried to make sending out the returns to be sent out a week and a half before we can open the gifts.

i think this will be a really cool swap and it'd be neat to do it in the future as well.

curbsidetreasure
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
everyones got secrets and tricks up their sleeves.....when i have some time i'm going to think through of what i want to make. maybe i will personalize the gifts i will make too.

i would love it if you guys posted ideas for wrapping gifts, i think that is an art in itself.

ArteDar
08-29-2008, 10:50 AM
everyones got secrets and tricks up their sleeves.....when i have some time i'm going to think through of what i want to make. maybe i will personalize the gifts i will make too.

i would love it if you guys posted ideas for wrapping gifts, i think that is an art in itself.

Oh my....how does one wrap ol' dog food cans, tuna fish cans, plastic water bottles and rocks? I may need help for sure!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I did say I was going to recycle, didn't I?!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

katilady
08-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Dar you are hilarious!

adriayna
08-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Well dar, I've got some smelly cat food cans sitting in the recycling bin if you really want them :)

goatgoddess
08-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Dar I'm sure would take your smelly cat food cans and make something impossibly cool :)

I tend to get too many ideas - need to pick one so I can get started on them this weekend!

egrobeck
08-29-2008, 12:29 PM
So I've decided what I'm making - well, half of what I'll make anyway (I'll be making 2 smaller as opposed to one large gift I think) and I've thought about wrapping them, too. they'll all be going into well wrapped hard containers so you all won't be able to play touchy feely to try to get an idea of what the gifts are - and you should not shake them either - you might break them - so the gift will stay a mystery until 12/17). (heh heh. I'm such a tease, I know!) or maybe I'll bubble wrap them really good, then wrap them with pretty paper or tissue and put them in individual gift bags. hmmm, that would work, too I think. and it would disguise how big they are. (heh. my tease is showing again...)

egrobeck
08-29-2008, 12:34 PM
ok, now that i see that we can personalize these - maybe it might be a good idea if we also included themes as well as colors that we'd like to get? you know, trees (Dana immediately comes to mind) or mermaids or faeries or birds - then maybe our most gracious host could list the themes and colors along side each players name at the top of the swap thread? it would make a great reference for everyone when the time comes to make the goodies. just an idea. thought it might be easier than pulling up everyone's profile....but then again, it might be a tip-off as to what to expect in the way of gifts? heh. I think I'm rambling here...:wub:

curbsidetreasure
08-29-2008, 12:47 PM
LOL dar! you'll find a way to wrap them....
ebgrobeck - sounds like a plan to me :)

on flickr i found some beautifully wrapped gifts:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2809141414_ab620a4df1.jpg
http://flickr.com/photos/tealights/2809141414/ - go here for the links to bigger pics and more info.

curbsidetreasure
08-29-2008, 12:53 PM
egrobeck: let's do that!

everyone: please list your fav themes + colors! this will help your fellow swap participants, especially if they want to personalize gifts! so i'm gonna do my best and look through your profile pages since i'm the one who can edit the info page.
i am going to list your favs on the swap info page so it will be an easy peasy reference for everyone involved.

katilady
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Awesome!
I still need to figure out what to make!

katilady
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Here's mine! Stole it straight from my profile:

I love mixed media and collage anything! I love dark imagery, erotic art and lots of other fun stuff. Oh! Religious imagery rocks! Especially if it's ironic. Skulls, skeletons, anything anatomical. Bats. Middle eastern images. Vintage. Trees. Dahlias.

I'd like to start a collection of portraits of my 2 kitties! PM me if interested!

Fave color combo's are:
blue/orange
purple/green
pink/orange

One thing I am not interested in trading for is Zetti's, frankly I find them over done. I don't really do stickers either!

curbsidetreasure
08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
ok, i've edited the page so almost everyone has their favs up.
let me know if you want to add things in and i will do that for you.

note: the favorites are just ideas for you all. it is fine if you want to make the gifts similar in nature, or different things, but another option is personalized gifts. any way is great :) it is up to you!

ArteDar
08-29-2008, 02:01 PM
ME!!!

Altered Art; Anything from journals to cat food cans Har~Har
Art Dolls; not necessarily cutesy real people, more of a funky fun humanoid
Coastal;-Mermaids, lighthouses, shells, starfish, seahorses, crabs etc. (I'm a Cancer sign and also love the moon)
Antiques-early 1900's thru 1930's; I have tons antiques but especially love anything connected to sewing.
Angels~LOVE 'EM
Fav color combo: red, black and white ~ black and white~
Blue and Green ~and the browns of an antiqued aged look
Ladies hats~ I have a large collection of vintage black ones
Cats and Dogs
Zetti
Chunkies
I truly love an artists own individual style....what ever they do best is always much more appreciated then trying to copy or recreate something they are not comfortable or familiar with.
I just adore Topaz's style and could never accomplish that my self and would drool over one of her pieces, see what I mean? So I'm open to surrealism, or anything.

katilady
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
AMEN to what Dar posted!

corrie04
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Curb - Thank you taking the time to post everyone's preferences on the front page! That's extremely helpful.

PaperScraps
08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm going to post a pic of mine. Ready? Betcha can't guess what it is. :P:P

adriayna
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
My themes are on my profile. But really the only one you should be concerned with is TREES. If everyone who is doing personalized gifts just sends me a tree, I will be in bliss.

ArteDar
08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm going to post a pic of mine. Ready? Betcha can't guess what it is. :P:P

OOOOOooooooooo MMMMMmmmmmmm I love this tease if in fact you use it.....yummmmmy!

Oh Dana.....I show my grands how to hug trees and always think of you!

OriginalYouth
08-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Yikes! Mine is way complicated! I'm going to modify it.

OY: I love these color combos (black/white) (red/turquoise) (turquoise/chocolate brown). I love explosions of color, mini colorful paintings on canvases, and silver jewelry. I'm a conservative, Christian Mom, so keep things G-rated).

I think that's good. If you want more info, see my profile, but that is mostly just ATC themes.

adriayna
08-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Ok, mine are wrapped up and boxed up! I took pictures and will post sometime over this weekend :). Probably tomorrow morning. I have one large gift, one smaller thing, and then some other assorted little goodies in each one. I always go overboard, so don't mind me.

OriginalYouth
08-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Ok, mine are wrapped up and boxed up! I took pictures and will post sometime over this weekend :). Probably tomorrow morning. I have one large gift, one smaller thing, and then some other assorted little goodies in each one. I always go overboard, so don't mind me.

Don't worry, guys, when Dana turns around, I'm going to put a sign on her back that says 'kick me' for being a super speedy nerd. :)

corrie04
08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks, OY! *L*

art4mysanity
08-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow Dana, you are a creative machine!

Okay about my perferences, etc. - artist choice. I love every color, I love all themes and don't collect any in particular. So here's the deal - I've got a chunky page in my collection from Dana and it has one her signtaure tress and I love it! I've got a tip top doll painting from OY in my collection and I love that. So, basically I like getting something representative of the artist who created the piece.

Go with your groove.

curbsidetreasure
08-30-2008, 11:09 PM
LMAO. i can always count on OY to bring on the laughs.

curbsidetreasure
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
>> i still cant believe how fast dana is. i'm working on some other swaps right now, so i have to start on this one later.

i've also edited art4mysanity, OY and adriayna's preferences.

adriayna
08-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok, I have proof that I am done. I wrapped them up yesterday!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=33048&w=l

goatgoddess
08-31-2008, 11:50 AM
girrrrlllllll - you are so fast - how very pretty!!!!!

PaperScraps
08-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Those are awesome Dana. :)

adriayna
08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I figured the fibers on the outside were an added bonus and you can use them in other art projects!!!

katilady
08-31-2008, 12:47 PM
You freaking rock Dana!

ArteDar
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
GOOD GRIEF DANA!!!! Yes, I yelling...not at you.....you are way amazing and the smart one not to put it off too long and then get pressed for time.....you manage yourself extremely well....I HATE YOU!!!! Just kidding darlin'....I really truly love you TONS!
The pkgs. look so enticing and yummy! It's gonna be soooooooo hard to wait!

corrie04
08-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Wowsers! The gifties are gorgeous!

adriayna
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Dar, I love you too :)

curbsidetreasure
08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
i love the fiber substituting as ribbon :) i squinted at your pic and it looks like you did some personalized gifts - very cool.

artrageous
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
oh man, this swap is way kewl!, too bad i missed the sign up!! ...keep me in mind if there's any drop outs or second round

adriayna
08-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I kinda went with what colors people liked. But its mostly guesswork :)

OriginalYouth
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Dana, you are such a teacher's pet. :P

art4mysanity
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I altered gift boxes and the gifts are well underway. Dana and Mary's sneak peeks have me sooooooo intrigued. 'Can't wait...must wait....ughhhhh!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/2818910023_e433352fe4_m.jpg

KatieV
09-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Whoa, those boxes are super cool!!

adriayna
09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Dana, you are such a teacher's pet. :P

I'm the teacher :P

art4mysanity
09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Katie V!

katilady
09-01-2008, 08:46 PM
I altered gift boxes and the gifts are well underway. Dana and Mary's sneak peeks have me sooooooo intrigued. 'Can't wait...must wait....ughhhhh!

Waaay cool!

I have figured out what I am gonna do, I think. Gotta do a practice one 1st. I will start next weekend. :D

corrie04
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
The altered boxes are beautiful! What an awesome idea.

PaperScraps
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM

Oohh, these are so cool!

corrie04
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Do we have any profile/preference information for livia, yet?

curbsidetreasure
09-01-2008, 09:41 PM
i dont have any info on her, corrie. i checked her profile and it doesnt say anything in terms of preferences. hopefully she will check into the thread, i did pm everyone about this thread...

ArteDar
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Mary ....I'm drooling over your altered boxes....now I wanna see them better....where can I go see 'em in a bigger format? AWESOME!

PaperScraps
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
The boxes are Mireya's and they are AWESOME!

ArteDar
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Just popping in to say hi and I've been saving more tuna cans....rofl...I think I should wash 'em....they are starting to stink.....ROFL!!!!

adriayna
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Lol, dar, I've got some cat food cans too! :)

curbsidetreasure
09-08-2008, 01:05 AM
lmao dar! i cant wait to see what you make out of them...

oh & i have one gift down...11 more to go....

kylieluvsart
09-08-2008, 03:56 AM
I finished my first painting emu with gum leaves and blossums!

egrobeck
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
CurbsideTreasures - could you add birds to my fave themes? (hint hint, heh) thank so much! (oh, and I'd love to get an cool owl from someone, hint hint again) and thanks for editing in our preferences - it make sit so much easier to personalize.

I just checked in to catchup and I see adryiana has already wrapped hers, TOO!!!!!!! aiy.

I got some hints for yous - everyone will get the same thing, but the themes and colors will be personalized on at least 1 gift (I'm doing 2, maybe 3 (if time allows) little guys - good things come in small packages you know!) and 1 item in my supply list includes game pieces.

heh, tease tease tease!

curbsidetreasure
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
sure no problem egrobeck :) i will edit the info.
lol over achiever syndrome...

katilady
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Ooooh egrobeck! Sounds fab!

egrobeck
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
sure no problem egrobeck :) i will edit the info.

thanks!

lol over achiever syndrome...

heh, I thought maybe she'd get mad so I took it out - I'm such a wuss!! lol!

egrobeck
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM

WOOT!! those are just AWESOME! what a cool idea! like an extra giftie!!

art4mysanity
09-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks EG! So now I'm trying to figure out your gifties too - it's like a 13 part riddle!

JAD
09-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Ok, I have proof that I am done. I wrapped them up yesterday!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/file.php?n=33048&w=l

Ohhh Dana..I want one...Oh that's right..This swap was filled :(:nah:

But I must say, you pressies are beautiful and they aren't even opened yet :) Such a talent you have :spinny:

curbsidetreasure
09-09-2008, 09:07 PM
note: everyone makes only 12 gifts. there are 13 players,but you only need to make 12 gifts.

think of it like this: theres 12 of us, + one (that's you) making 13 in the group.

egrobeck
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks EG! So now I'm trying to figure out your gifties too - it's like a 13 part riddle!

tease tease tease..mwwahahaha!

PaperScraps
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I have 5 done now. How's everyone else doing? To tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous. I hope you all can find a way to use what I'm making. :)

katilady
09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I made a practice one last that's still drying. If it turns out I will make 11 more!

ArteDar
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I made a practice one last that's still drying. If it turns out I will make 11 more!

PRACTICE! yeah right....you are way too talented to need any kind of practice.....you just wanna play and keep us guessing.....I think almost everything we makes needs some kinda' time for drying....ROFL!

katilady
09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
PRACTICE! yeah right....you are way too talented to need any kind of practice.....you just wanna play and keep us guessing.....I think almost everything we makes needs some kinda' time for drying....ROFL!

You are too kind! I will give you a hint on mine--the drying time could be well over a day! :shocked:

KatieV
09-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Hmmmm......I'm trying to think of what could take so long to dry........

curbsidetreasure
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
me too katie.
oils? i dunno...

KatieV
09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, oil paints maybe. Or papier mache??

curbsidetreasure
09-13-2008, 08:50 PM
paper mache always reminds me of this horrid paper mache bunny i did in art class in middle school. lol.

KatieV
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Hahah!! I made an awful lion :laugh:

katilady
09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I just made round pinatas at Easter time. You know, by using the balloon? They were hideous! But fun--getting messing and then getting the candy when all was said and done!

And, no. You are not getting pinatas. At least from me! But there's an idea if this doesn't work!

corrie04
09-14-2008, 08:17 AM
In my experience, oils take about 7 days to dry. Paper mache? Clay? The suspense is killin' me! Hmmmm

KatieV
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh, could be clay...still thinkin...

ArteDar
09-17-2008, 07:18 AM
I have an idea.....maybe you used that E6000 glue to hold it together and that takes as much as 72 hrs. to really cure....maybe it's a lil' Inukshuk.....I would love that! Now go and googel Inukshuk.....Har~Har!!!!!

corrie04
09-17-2008, 08:06 AM
ArteDar... *L* you may be on to something. I really could use an inukshuk at my house.

adriayna
09-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Wrong thread!

egrobeck
09-20-2008, 11:50 PM
just checking in. my tease is showing again - here's another hint - think geometric - round, square, oval, rectangle, triangle, star.....what I'm making could be 1 or more of those shapes...

mmwahahahah!

oooh, and I googled inukshuk. cooleo!!

curbsidetreasure
09-21-2008, 12:37 AM
oooh egrobeck is such a tease!!

i've been doing several different things, an altered __________ and paper mache ______

lol don't worry they arent paper mache bunnies! :P

adriayna
09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
In my experience, oils take about 7 days to dry. Paper mache? Clay? The suspense is killin' me! Hmmmm

Oils take more than 7 days to dry. They take about 7 to dry to touch, but underneath they are still wet. If you are using oils in your mail art, you shouldn't ship them for a minimum of 6 months. Hence why hardly anyone uses oils.

katilady
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
No worries, no oils! In fact, while my project came out cool, and I think I could tweak it to make it great, I may go in another direction!

ArteDar
09-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Well Well Well MissyKatieLady.....now that WAS a good tease....different direction....SHeeSH!.....now where might that be? I'm game and did ask......?????

Dana....TG it's not oils......I wouldn't want to wait that long!

think geometric - round, square, oval, rectangle, triangle, star.....what I'm making could be 1 or more of those shapes... egrobeck.....ya just zoomed me to the moon!....I'm on a space shuttle and am watching the milky way float on by....ROFL!

katilady
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Hhahaha! I'm a tease! Whatever it is it will be well worth the suspense...I hope!

egrobeck
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
lol! hey, a girl's gotta keep things interesting, right?

katilady
09-22-2008, 09:28 PM
OK, dana this question is for you: On the 1st post there are no color preferences listed for you! Can you name a few colors you like?

There's a hint for ya'll!

KatieV
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I think you can't go wrong with tree-colored for her :D

katilady
09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
LOL! I was thinking greens and browns! :D

egrobeck
09-26-2008, 07:49 PM
lol! that would be my guess, too! but I happen to know Dana is partial to purple and blue, too.

LOL! I was thinking greens and browns! :D

adriayna
09-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Dana loves purple and green and blue. Not so much brown. Purple is my absolute favorite, but I like anything bright.

adriayna
09-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Annie, did my package get there?

curbsidetreasure
09-27-2008, 12:08 AM
no not yet. i am sure it will come soon. lol when i get your package i am going to try my hardest not to open the things :P :P

curbsidetreasure
09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
so hows everyone doing on making stuff?
i am in the midst of completing 3 pieces and am trying to think of more things to make....so many possiblities so little time.

dana your package is here in SF, but not at my place yet. the mail man didnt drop it off because no one was home so i requested them to drop off the package.

adriayna
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh, ok. That's good. I would hate to remake all those gifts!

corrie04
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I just made 1 of the personalized pcs tonight. Of course, it still has a few more weeks before it's finished.

PaperScraps
09-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Mine are pretty much done. I just have to wrap them. :)

katilady
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I at least know what I am doing now, and ya'll will probably be getting 2 gifts from me!

corrie04
09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Is livia still a part of this swap? Have you heard anything more about her personal preferences?

curbsidetreasure
09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
you know, livia is still a part of the swap. she hasnt withdrawn, i havent heard anything from her. all i can do is to pm her again. i know for a fact she received her house chunkies on monday so shes still active.

i pmed her so i hope she will check in.

corrie04
09-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the update. Let us know when you hear more! :)

livia
10-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Sorry for not posting earlier. A couple of friends and I are trying to do a mini craft show at my house in November so I have a mini workhouse going right now.

I have no favorite color I love them all. Right now I am collecitng landscapes, city scapes, neighborhood scenes, etc, they can be fantasy type also. Also I love anything with a Christmas theme, especially the vintage kind.

corrie04
10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info, livia!!

ArteDar
10-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Lots O' Luck with the fall Open House Show Livia....they can be tons of work but also very rewarding in so many different ways....I always loved doing the holiday home shows the best.

katilady
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
A little hint:
After spending a few hours prepping ________ I am covered in gesso!

egrobeck
10-05-2008, 01:08 AM
....and I am tattooed with ink! I've got kaliedascope fingers - lol! and I just finished my 18th gift (only 6 to go now, and then maybe there will be another 12....)

katilady
10-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Holy crap! :shocked:

egrobeck
10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
ROFL! they're small, but nice! I've finished all my other swap obligations (first time ever!) so I just might go ahead and make those 3rd gifts for everyone - I have to make a prototype first and see how much time it'll take before I decide. and as soon as I get a chance I think I'm going to take a few hint/teaser photos and post them here. hehe, I am such a tease...

katilady
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh! I can't wait!

adriayna
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
My box...oh woe...i hope it shows up there tomorrow! :(

curbsidetreasure
10-06-2008, 12:51 AM
me too dana.

if it doesnt come, i am gonna call usps and ask for help on what to do. cuz i dont have that form they left for me to request redelivery.

adriayna
10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Annie, go to your local post office. They may have it sitting there. Its the easiest way of sorting it out.

katilady
10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
A question for Art4mysanity and Livia: You both say you don't have a fave color, but my gift is color themed (another hint!). Would you like to give me some options or should I just use whatever I feel like using (orange and green sound nice, lol!)?

adriayna
10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Uhm...did you look at the post office for my box? :( :( :(

katilady
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I have 2 teaser photos, only hints are one is for Amy and one is for OY:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Gifties_Amy_tease.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_gifties_OY_tease.jpg

corrie04
10-07-2008, 10:07 PM
That's just WRONG. Funny, but wrong.

katilady
10-07-2008, 10:52 PM
You mean you dont want to guess? :D

curbsidetreasure
10-08-2008, 12:27 AM
i am going to go tomorrow dana.
i didnt have time to go today.

KatieV
10-08-2008, 08:15 AM
No guesses here -- I've got no idea!!

goatgoddess
10-08-2008, 09:27 AM
no clue here either! looks paperbased but who knows.

corrie04
10-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm clueless too. I see a charm in the first one.

curbsidetreasure
10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
katilady is such a tease ;)

dana your box is here!!!
i picked it up from the p.o.
lesson learned never ask them to redeliver cuz all it does is just sit in the p.o.

adriayna
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
OMG, I was so worried about it! I'm so glad its there with you now :)

curbsidetreasure
10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
yeah so was i. i didnt know whether to wait and i was worried it got sent back to you.
phew. i am glad it worked out.
anyway if i get anymore notices like that for future packages im just going to the p.o.

OriginalYouth
10-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Kati, that photo shows that my gift is made of chocolate, right? :P

I was planning on sewing something for y'all, but am now going to switch to paint, I think!

ArteDar
10-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Kati, that photo shows that my gift is made of chocolate, right? :P

I was planning on sewing something for y'all, but am now going to switch to paint, I think!

Yummmmmm....now wouldn't that be awesome....I like the way you think OY!!!
:jiggy:

curbsidetreasure
10-16-2008, 04:27 PM
art4mysanity your gifts are here! they are so cute, the little boxes are adorable...

PaperScraps
10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Mine are ready. Whadaya think? ;)

KatieV
10-17-2008, 06:50 PM
They look book-y to me!!

Well, I can let you know that I have gotten started making four small _________s. I've never made _________s before, so it's exciting for me!! Haven't decided if I'll do 12 of these or mix it up. We'll see :D

curbsidetreasure
10-17-2008, 10:04 PM
oooh they are pretty paperscraps :)

sounds good to me katie!

i am going to mix it up a bit with the gifts...still trying to finish a few things and then i can make some more stuff.

PaperScraps
10-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, they do look a bit "bookish." :laugh: They're going out in the mail today.

ArteDar
10-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Aha....you all crack me up....booky.....now I'm thinking paperscraps has us all fooled with making fabulous CHUNKIES!!!! OH how I LOVE chunkies....yum~yum~yum!!!!

SheeSH....I don't wanna scare anyone....but.....I'm still sitting on mine....well, not literally sitting on 'em....that would squish 'em ROFL!!! I just haven't started yet....I do have a plan though and will NOT rush and make 'em a mess......PROMISE! I'm feeling better each day and will be own 'em soon.
Is anyone else like me and not started yet? Just wondering and hope I'm not alone and looking like a ditz.

katilady
10-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I am taking my time too Dar!

curbsidetreasure
10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
so am i dar. i got swamped with midterms. i have 2 things done. 2 that are needed to be finished and then i need to start on some more gifts.

KatieV
10-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, I've just barely started. I have one _________ nearly done, and five more _________s that are in various stages of not done.

egrobeck
10-19-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm almost done - got 1 ___________ to make and 1 ______________ to make, then it's time wrap and mail. will post a few photos soon - maybe tomorrow.

curbsidetreasure
10-19-2008, 01:27 AM
damn i wish i could fill in the blanks!!
you guys are killing me :P

KatieV
10-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Heheheeee!!! :nah: It would kill me to be in your place and have ALL the gifts, but not be able to peek.

PaperScraps
10-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Heheheeee!!! :nah: It would kill me to be in your place and have ALL the gifts, but not be able to peek.

I think she will probably just open them all up early. :laugh:

adriayna
10-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Paperscraps - looks fun! I see you also used materials that could be "reused" for art in your packaging. I added funky fibers to all of mine that you can save and use on chunky books or whatever!

KatieV
10-19-2008, 10:56 AM
That was smart of you two!! I will do some thinking on how to package mine, and see what I can incorporate that can be re-used.

curbsidetreasure
10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
oh i haven't succumbed to the temptation yet. as long as they aren't out in plain sight i dont notice the gifts much...

egrobeck
10-19-2008, 04:06 PM
ok, I have some teaser pics - and each photo belongs to 1 of your gifts (yep, you can all wonder which is yours now, too. ) mmmwwaaaahhahahah.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3166/2955037677_e274b338dc_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2955882978_5467b855f8_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/2955882922_540e1a527f_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2955037383_8de74cca08_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2955037347_9ccac5d67d_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2955882614_07e4c8147a_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2955882572_6b168abb0b_m.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2955037235_7dc43c25e3_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/2955037205_88f986f9ff_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2955882486_5e6cf95e76_m.jpg

egrobeck
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM
and here are the last 2 (now all I have to do is wrap them all!!)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2955882466_53e61b226f_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3276/2955037093_e7c040d3ec_m.jpg

KatieV
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Ooooh, nice tease!!

katilady
10-19-2008, 07:03 PM
WOW!!

corrie04
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow - the teasers are beautiful!

I only have 1 thing started of mine, too. I'll probably be working on the rest of them the next two weekends.

egrobeck
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
thanks everyone! I've been working on mine since I signed up - a little each weekend and in between chores. they were fun to make, but I'm glad they're all done - I ended up making 3 small gifts for each of you. I tried to customize them as much as I could with respect to color and theme. I made 2 extra gifts because they are for Christmas, and also because it's my way of saying thanks for the awesome artwork I know you all do on a consistent basis. I am so delighted to be a part of the swap - thanks again Annie for the invite! I think this is the coolest kind of swap I've ever been in!!

OriginalYouth
10-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Egrobeck, I see my gift in there! I know which one it is, nannybooboo! :P

egrobeck
10-20-2008, 08:21 PM
LOL! nannybooboo toyoutoo! are you sure though? and even if you're right - what could the piece actually be? mwahahaha! :biglaugh:

curbsidetreasure
10-20-2008, 08:30 PM
paperscraps - your box of gifts is here :D
they are wrapped beautifully!

love your sneak peeks egrobeck!

adriayna
10-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Woot woot! I am already excited about this swap! :)

ArteDar
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Egro........you're the best tease....I think what you have going on is awesome......now, if only I had another clue! ROFL!!!!

egrobeck
10-21-2008, 12:37 PM
ArteDar - thank you! you just made my day :notworthy:
- queen of the tease I am, I am!

as you wish, here's another little clue for you (and another tease,) there is paper, among other things, incorporated into each gift

wwmamahahahaha!! :biglaugh:

adriayna
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I have paper in all of my gifts too. LOLOLOL.

egrobeck
10-22-2008, 12:28 PM
et tu?

hehehehe.

egrobeck
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
ok, here's my pic of all the gifties - now I just have to find the right sized box to mail them in - lol!!!! you know, as I was wrapping all these up it impressed upon me again that we'll all be opening a gift a day for 12 days. gosh, this is such a way cool swap! thank you so much Annie for thinking this one up and hosting it!!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3023/2974582759_30588979cb.jpg

adriayna
10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Those look great!!!!

curbsidetreasure
10-26-2008, 07:05 PM
your pic made me go oooooooooh

very very pretty egrobeck :)]

wow i cant believe october is almost over....

egrobeck
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
thank you, ladies!! I still have to get more snowflake stickies for some of the packages before I mail them off, and I have to hunt down that shipping box. You guys can recycle the stickies and the ribbon, and if you're careful some of the tissue paper wrapping - ooh, and you can cut down the boxes for atcs or 4x4s, dontcha love it? lol- the gift that keeps on giving - lol!!!

katilady
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Those look fab! And yummy! And fun!

I so need to make more progress on mine.

goatgoddess
10-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Ohhh those are so pretty - I finally figured out what I want to do and have been gathering mat'l - plan to get going on them this week :)

egrobeck
10-27-2008, 03:49 PM
thanks girls!!! I am so curious about what everyone is making!!!

livia
10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Mine will be mailed to day. I will add a confirmation number, pm me if you need it. I can't show what I made, because they are very specific to each person. I can tell you everyone is receiving their gift made the same way. Hope you are curious now.

katilady
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Very curious!

corrie04
10-31-2008, 11:14 AM
My gifts will be finished either this weekend or next. I'm making the same type of thing for each person, but each one will look different.

egrobeck
11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, found a box, packaged all the goodies up (Annie, my postage will be inside the box in an envelope.) and I will be sending it off tomorrow. THis swap is really making me look forward to Christmas!

katilady
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I have 2 more gifts finished (goatgoddess's and Corrie's) so I am 1/3 done, woot! I will post teaser pics when everything is fully dry, so tomorrow probably.

OriginalYouth
11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Tomorrow is GIFTIE day! I'm going to stash my son in daycare and work on these all day to try to finish. :)

OriginalYouth
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I am making SOME gifts that are SQUARES, and some that are RECTANGLES! PM me if you have a preference, so I can try to accomodate yours!

adriayna
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I like squares, lol

corrie04
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Either square or rectangles are fine with me!

curbsidetreasure
11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
i'm fine with either one! lol

livia's gifts have arrived!! :D

OriginalYouth
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I like squares, lol

Good, cause yours is already started! :P

I think I may end up with ALL squares, I have better vision for those.

katilady
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I am fine with either!

egrobeck
11-06-2008, 10:23 PM
either or - you decide, I'm good with both.

OriginalYouth
11-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Buncha easy peasy chickadees you all are! I didn't get to start today, too much time waiting for the car brakes to be fixed....I'm hoping tomorrow...

OriginalYouth
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Ladies and ladies, I have an announcement. My first giftie is DONE. :)

It's for Corrie04!

The rest have been started, but need more work.

katilady
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Woot! I have 5 completed and 4 almost done. I was a bit overwhelmed at 1st, but now this is seeming more doable!

corrie04
11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
OY - You can tell me what you made... I won't tell anyone!

corrie04
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I got all of my gifts done and packaged. I just need to find a box to mail them in. I snapped a couple of pics this morning and will attach them to the thread sometime this week.

Note: Some of the ____ can be "switched around" (for lack of better words). So, the artist label that I stuck on one side is adhered with rubber cement. That way, if you want to use the other side, you can take off the label.

katilady
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Sounds so intriguing!

OriginalYouth
11-10-2008, 12:59 PM
OY - You can tell me what you made... I won't tell anyone!

Yeah right, like that'll happen. :P

corrie04
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, it was worth a try.

Good luck on the house buying!!

egrobeck
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
I got all of my gifts done and packaged. I just need to find a box to mail them in. I snapped a couple of pics this morning and will attach them to the thread sometime this week.

Note: Some of the ____ can be "switched around" (for lack of better words). So, the artist label that I stuck on one side is adhered with rubber cement. That way, if you want to use the other side, you can take off the label.

Well, it was worth a try.

Good luck on the house buying!!

Don't forget to put your day # on the gift tag like I did! LOL! I was in such a rush to get them mailed I completely forgot about that, and now Annie has to do it for me. :notworthy: Can't wait to see your pics!

OriginalYouth
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I think I'm going to attach a tag with the date to open mine, and write the name on the bags they are in. They aren't in fancy schmancy wrapping paper, but I think they look nice.

katilady
11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
My number will be kinda small, but it is an extra gift for everyone so I ain't saying what it is! :P

curbsidetreasure
11-11-2008, 09:42 PM
yes please everyone write the day on each of the packages!
i think i got a set where someone didnt write the day they were assigned. instead they wrote the days everyone else was assigned. please dont do that either, as that could be potentially confusing!

am still working on mine....

corrie04
11-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Here are pics of the "wrapped" gifts. I used brown lunch bags and stamped them. I added some goodies for the gift "toppers." On the back of the bags, I indicated my number (day 6).

katilady
11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Those look so fun Corrie!

PaperScraps
11-12-2008, 08:17 AM
This is getting very exciting! :)

goatgoddess
11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Those look nice - love the stamping and the toppers - haven't even thought about the packaging yet - but I do have a start on mine - finally made up my mind on what to do - that is always the hardest part for me :err:

OriginalYouth
11-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I used brown lunch bags and stamped them. I On the back of the bags, I indicated my number (day 6).

That's what I have too, but I got the white bags!

adriayna
11-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Those are lovely! :)

egrobeck
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
oooooh! such a cool idea for wrapping! can't wait - and I see mine right in front there- you're such a tease Corrie!! :yes:

ArteDar
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Awwww man....you all are doing a wonderful job....and soooo smart too....I also must add the number to make it easier!

curbsidetreasure
11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
that's so lovely corrie :)

corrie04
11-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I hope you like what's inside as much as you do the outside!

Curbside - I mailed my box today. I'm going to send the return postage via paypal next Friday.

egrobeck
11-13-2008, 01:31 PM
aiy! My box came back to me yesterday with the TO: address half torn off - and I definitely secured it and overtaped it with packaging tape. THANK GOD I insured it - I think that's how they tracked it back to me. I would so hate to have all those lovely gifites go missing!!! horror of horrors! so now I have to ship it out again - but those postal people are just going to have to do it for free!! no way I'm paying twice for their screwup - grrrr! damn mail people!!! ok. I'm done venting now....

on the bright side I can open the box and put my day number on it so Annie won't have to.

SO, I'll be reshipping the box on Monday. Annie, let me know when it comes. thanks!!

adriayna
11-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh no! I am so glad that the box made its way back to you. Too scary! Mine was a concern for a while too!

curbsidetreasure
11-13-2008, 05:13 PM
arggh the p.o! i am so glad it came back to you instead of going missing. will definitely let you know when it has arrived.

egrobeck
11-13-2008, 11:11 PM
it is scary -and we're not even into the rush season yet!!! I would've been very, very upset if it had gone missing - all that work and all those wonderful gifties gone to the big black hole of PO lost parcels - and then I'd have to really scramble to make more gifts- aiy! again, thank God I insured it. It costs a little more (about $5) but the rest of you might want to think about buying insurance, too. I don't usually buy insurance either, but I heard a little voice saying "insurance, get the insurance" and I listened for a change. now I'm glad I did! well, at least I can put the the day on the packages now, (and Annie, I will add more money to the sealed envie in the box so you can insure the return package. at least if the returns go missing I'll have some cash to buy replacement supplies with, though I'd much rather have the gifties!! cash from insurance is one of the few things that can soften a blow like that somewhat - lol!)

ArteDar
11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
OMG....I would feel so bad if that pkg. went missing on ya Egro.....sheesh!

I have mine almost done.....need to take some pics and then work on the wrapping....I'm happy with the end results.....I hope ya'll will be too.

OriginalYouth
11-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't usually buy insurance either, but I heard a little voice saying "insurance, get the insurance" and I listened for a change. now I'm glad I did! well, at least I can put the the day on the packages now, (and Annie, I will add more money to the sealed envie in the box so you can insure the return package. at least if the returns go missing I'll have some cash to buy replacement supplies with, though I'd much rather have the gifties!! cash from insurance is one of the few things that can soften a blow like that somewhat - lol!)

My mom sent me an Easter package when I was in college (about 9 years ago)...she included a jar of my fave Raspberry sauce from Trader Joes. Welllll, it broke and the package was covered in it! Yuck! I spent that $50 or so (from the insurance at the Post Office) well! They didn't even want to touch any of it, it was all red and gooey. She had included a few little stuffed animals in Easter sweaters, they looked like horror film victims!

amyfaerie
11-15-2008, 08:41 PM
wow! that is lucky! now i'm gonna have to insure mine, too!

annie, mine are about half done--and i have them in little boxes i've made. I'll post photos tomorrow, once i have all of them done and wrapped! :)

corrie, yours look awesome!

egrobeck
11-15-2008, 10:16 PM
it's well worth the extra $5 - it really is. I know times are hard right now, but it's worth it to get the insurance cause you just never know. I've mailed hundreds and hundreds of swaps off before and never insured and have only had 1 swap go missing. THen again most swaps aren't mailed in large boxes! I am so happy I listened to my instincts on this. I just figured, for $5 it was worth all the work and time I put into the gifties in case anything did happen. I am so happy now that I did!

KatieV
11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
It's been a while since I asked about insurance at the PO. I think it used to be included with Priority service, is that still true?

Annie, if we send the money for it can you insure our boxes?

OriginalYouth
11-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Who wants to come over and babysit my kids so I can finish mine up? Anyone?

Dang it!

adriayna
11-16-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd come if I were closer, lol!

PaperScraps
11-16-2008, 11:03 AM
It's been a while since I asked about insurance at the PO. I think it used to be included with Priority service, is that still true?

Annie, if we send the money for it can you insure our boxes?

Insurance is not included. If you buy & print your priority label online, delivery confirmation is included.

curbsidetreasure
11-16-2008, 04:40 PM
yes, i was thinking about insurance. i think it's a good idea to have insurance and delivery confirmation.
Fee . . . . . . . . . . Insurance Coverage
$1.70 ................ $0.01 to $50
$2.15 ................ $50.01 to $100
$2.60 ................ $100.01 to $200
$4.60 ................ $200.01 to $300
$5.55 ................ $300.01 to $400
$6.50 ................ $400.01 to $500
$7.45 ................ $500.01 to $600
$7.45 plus $0.95 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 to $5,000.

insurance is very affordable, so i think everyone's packages will include insurance.

katilady
11-16-2008, 04:44 PM
DC is $.75, I forget what insurance is.

egrobeck
11-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Insurance is on a scale of how much you insure for. Annie's breakdown looks good. I figured $4.60 would cover my materials and my time, and what I'd be happy with as compensation for mental anguish (heh) if the box got lost. Besides, I'd love to get myself a Sizix courtesy of the PO!! LOL!!!!

amyfaerie
11-16-2008, 08:18 PM
too funny, egro!

mine are going out on tuesday, if they don't make it to the PO on time tomorrow [i have a long day at work].

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/237/large/1_Gifties.jpg

katilady
11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Those are purty! And I can see mine! :D