PDA

View Full Version : G-7-PAI CIRCLE JOURNAL GROUP

Pages : [1] 2

corrie04
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
The "PHOTOGRAPHY plus ARTIST INTERPRETATION" circle journal group is NOW FULL!

There will be two - 8x8 (sturdy) journal pages with an original photo (4x6 or 5x7) attached on one page and then the artist's interpretation of the photo on the second page. For example, my partner's theme is "flowers;" therefore, I would take a photo of a flower and print it on a 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper and attach it to the first page. On the second page, I would then represent that photo/flower in a collage, drawing (realistic or whimsical), abstract, etc - using any type of media that I desired.

Nitty Gritty Details:

Original photos only
Photo must be no smaller than 4x6 and no larger than 5x7

If using charcoal or some other fun, "messy" medium, please be sure to spray some type of (non-sticky) sealant to protect your art and the other page.
Please decorate the back of your pages (no white pages) and include your user name, real name, and any other information that you wish to include.

Please try to remember to post scans of your pages before you mail them out (if able).

When mailing, please place the sheets in between some form of sturdy card stock or thin cardboard to protect the pages from being crumbled or torn.
ALSO... please protect each journal page by placing WAX PAPER (or similar) between your pages to keep the pages from sticking together

Please check in at least once a week, so that we know you're alive and kickin'! If you'll be away from the internet (*gasp*), please let us know so that we don't worry.

Please give your partner an itrader point. If you don't receive a page for that month, your partner will need to get a NEGATIVE point and they will be removed from the group (per the moderators.)

The mail dates will be the 1st of each month. So our first mail date will be October 1. Once I have everyone's contact information compiled, I will send out a PDF of addresses, so that you'll have the mailing addresses handy.

Our mailing partners are listed below. (See the bottom of the message for everyone's theme.) When you mail out your pages, please make a note in the thread! Thanks!

February 1
Loralou - mld 2/28 -Kysun

March 1 (Last mail date)
Zhenechka - mld 3/10 - Kysun

1. Corrie04 (me) - Theme: Statues/Sculptures
Preferences: My pages are going in an 8x8 photo album. No need to leave binding space, nor do you need to decorate the backs.

2. KatieV - Theme: Roads
Preferences: "I will be putting my pages in an 8x8 album in page protectors. The backs of the pages won't be visible, so you don't need to worry about decorating the backs of the pages for me. It would be cool if you signed one of the pages somewhere on the front. I'm making a collaged cover for the album, if you'd like to make a tag or card with your info I would include it in the cover. If not, no big deal!"

3. Kristinized - Theme: Cemeteries
Preferences: "Don't worry about decorating the backs of my pages since they won't be shown. I'd rather have information on your photo - where you took it, what it is, why you chose it, etc."

4. Bright-Spark - Theme: Trees
Preferences: "I have no preferences, as I haven't made up my mind on how I am going to display these yet, I thought I would wait until they all came together and inspired me!"

5. Kysunflower - Theme: Architecture - (something interesting, maybe old/vintage looking)
Preferences: "Instead of doing some artsy thing on the back just some decorative paper is all, just incase I just rings instead of an album."

6. Zhenechka - Theme: Lone chair
Preferences: "My only requirement is that the backs not be white. Other than that, however each participant wants to interpret my theme, is great."

7. Loralou - Theme: Sunsets
Preferences: Square photos (if able). Please decorate the page backs.

KatieV
09-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Excellent! I'm subscribed to the thread and ready to go!

Kristinized -- does "any birds" include sculptures of birds?

Zhenechka -- a lone chair is a chair by itself? With no table? Sorry to be a goof :wacko:

Loralou
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Can I have sunsets as my theme please?

corrie04
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
As Katie has done, please subscribe to this thread, so that you'll remember to check in often! *S*

Loralou - you're all set up with "Sunsets" as your theme.

Zhenechka
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Zhenechka -- a lone chair is a chair by itself? With no table? Sorry to be a goof :wacko:

I was thinking along the lines of this photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/50311581@N00/2716131410/in/set-72157605976981949/) but I'm open to anyone's interpretation.

KatieV
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh, ok, I think I get it. I think my brain's a little fuzzy today -- first day of classes, hehe :)

corrie04
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Okay, I have posted the new partners. Please review to make sure that you don't have anyone twice.

If everything is okay... let's get started! Whoo-whoooo

corrie04
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
BTW Zhen... the 5x5 photos will be fine, since it's between the minimum and maximum sizes.

Zhenechka
09-02-2008, 06:20 PM
BTW Zhen... the 5x5 photos will be fine, since it's between the minimum and maximum sizes.

Awesome! Since I've started shooting more film with my Holga, I'm finding it difficult to go back to my dSLR. Poor thing. :)

kysunflower
09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
LOne chair, already got ideas.
Sunsets, need some ideas.We don't get a lot of pretty sunsets for some reason. This will be more difficult then the birds.

Bright-Spark
09-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I am really excited about this, never done a circle journal before, feels like we will be on a journey together for the next few months. Great job Corrie04 in getting us organised.

Love the lone chair theme Zhenechka!

corrie04
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks Bright. I've done round robin altered books (with disappointing results because there seems to always be one person that decides to keep books for an extraordinary long lengths of time.)

So I'm excited about this for several reasons.
1. Everyone is accountable b/c of itrader points.
2. If anyone misses a month, they're out of the group
3. And most importantly, if someone flakes out, you don't loose your entire book - you just miss out on 1 spread.

kristinized
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
OK, I'm here! :twitcy:

Kristinized -- does "any birds" include sculptures of birds?

Hmmm. I was thinking any type of live bird found naturally in your area or in a zoo (flamingos, peacocks, robins, eagles, penguins etc) rather than sculptures... but sculptures are fine.

Zhenechka
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmmm. I was thinking any type of live bird found naturally in your area or in a zoo (flamingos, peacocks, robins, eagles, penguins etc) rather than sculptures... but sculptures are fine.

Phew! I'm going to try my darndest to get a decent shot of a live bird but I've never had luck photographing small, fidgety things that are not my niece or nephews. :) It's nice to know that there's an alternative should I need it.

kysunflower
09-03-2008, 09:52 PM
darn, a live bird. well now that just ruins it, LOL

Bright-Spark
09-04-2008, 07:25 AM
How about ducks, do ducks count kristinized??

kristinized
09-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Don't make me come over there!!

:jiggy::biglaugh::policeman::wacko:

KatieV
09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Hmmm...what's the matter with ducks?

I'm gonna try to get some live birds, if not, my backup plan is to take a shot of some cool carvings at the building where I work.

Bright-Spark
09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
kristinized, you have no taste!! ;) LOL I LOVE ducks!!! especially tufted and indian runner.....

Zhenechka
09-04-2008, 08:50 AM
kristinized, you have no taste!! ;) LOL I LOVE ducks!!! especially tufted and indian runner.....

I love ducks too! They are the best.

I've picked out my photo for Loralou's spread. Now, I suppose, I should get to work on the whole thing. :)

kristinized
09-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Ducks are birds ladies!! :) So are ostriches, finches, hawks, egrets, and anything else with wings and feathers.

And here I was going to pick cemeteries for my theme but thought it would be too hard for others to get photos... lol! I picked birds because they're everywhere around here (I even saw a flock of wild turkeys - 3 female adults and 6 babies - this morning). I thought it would be an easy theme :cry: lol!

Would cemeteries be easier? Could I change my theme?

KatieV
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Hahahaa, how ironic :laugh: A cemetery would be easier for me, but I'm up for the challenge of trying to get a bird. Whatever you like more!

Bright-Spark
09-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm happy with birds too! I love them all, but it isn't always so easy to get a good shot of them (and I mean with a camera :laugh:).

Depends on kysunflower but I think we are up for kristinized's challenge, no?

Zhenechka
09-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but it would be easier for me to shoot a cemetery well than a live bird. There may be more live birds around but they are small and move quickly, and my skills aren't at the point yet where I can make a great bird photo happen. Ultimately, though, I'll do my best with whatever theme you choose."

corrie04
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I already have some great cementery shots. They're my newest photo haunt... (pun intended).

But I'm game on either the birds or cementery. My hubby has a bird feeder in our back yard, so I can probably get a pic fairly easily.

corrie04
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm happy with birds too! I love them all, but it isn't always so easy to get a good shot of them (and I mean with a camera :laugh:).

Depends on kysunflower but I think we are up for kristinized's challenge, no?

That's funny, Bright!!!

kysunflower
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
cemeteries we have plenty of. Bird photo opportunities might be tough. We do have wild turkeys at Mammoth Cave National Park, but getting photos is difficult, I've tried. I search what few photos of mine I have on my computer and found only one that qualifies for this swap. too bad.

kysunflower
09-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I already have some great cementery shots. They're my newest photo haunt... (pun intended).

But I'm game on either the birds or cementery. My hubby has a bird feeder in our back yard, so I can probably get a pic fairly easily.
Hey, that givesmena idea. I might try feeding them and see what happens.

kysunflower
09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
That sunset is going to be killer, the most difficult. But hopefully it doesn't have to be a beautiful photo worthy sunset, just a sunset. Most of great if any sunsets are done for the year and I only have just over a month anyway. We rarely get anything good. But I shall try!
now that chair and the trees is going to be fun. And I know exactly which tree in the park I am going to a pic of, I've photographed this one many times. you'd think I'd have some pics. But that was back with my other computer and lots of crashes and losses.

corrie04
09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Kristin - So is your theme officially changed? Or are you going to stay with birds?

Loralou
09-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Donna, if you really can't get a sunset in time, I will gladly send you one of my pictures of a sunset for you to use if you like?

kristinized
09-05-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm going to change my theme to cemeteries then, since birds seem to be tough for half the group. At least grave stones sit still and are easy to photo.

Thanks!

kysunflower
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Loralou, let me give it a try and then maybe I might have to accept that offer.

So are we officially grave stones now?

Bright-Spark
09-05-2008, 11:28 AM
So, kristinized how about we try to get some birds in our cemetries shots? Oops, spot the troublemaker in this group, he he!!:biglaugh:

There are some great old cemetries round here - this will be fun!

corrie04
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Kristin - I'll make your change now. :-)

kristinized
09-06-2008, 03:02 PM
thank you!

kysunflower
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I got a sunset yesterday!!! We came out of church last night and were on the way to WalMart to grocery shop and when we topped the hill there it was. I told my husband to pull over, right here, on top the hull. he didn't thought he could park in the parking lot, nope we were below the tree line and no sunset visible. We had to pull back on the highway and back tot the top of the hill. The sunset wasn't as terrific by then, but still good. So I actually go it. And to think we rarely experience such nice sunsets, and had one just yesterday. we have a lot of trees and hills, and people growth everywhere, we just have so few places you can see a great sunset, if it's even good enough to want to look at. So I got it, it isn't a hugh sun, , but a nice sky, and I got it!

corrie04
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
whoohoooo!!! Yeah Donna!

Loralou
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Well done you! The trick with sunsets is to make sure you have your camera on you at all times to snap when it happens!

corrie04
09-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I wish I would have had my camera with me this morning. The sun was coming up and the fog was glistening. There was a lone tree out in the field that was still a dark silhouette ... it had this great, unearthly/haunted quality. The photo would have been awesome!

Well, I guess that will teach me!!!

corrie04
09-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Just checking in. I'm planning on doing a photo run this weekend (in other words, I'll be running around taking pictures of everything). I need to make a list of everyone's themes so that I can hopefully capture some great shots. I'm excited about this! I love photography, but I just don't take the time to do it very often.

KatieV
09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
I want to do that too -- I've also been meaning to photograph some things on campus, too. I dunno how many times I've thought to myself, you've got to bring your camera to work and then take pictures on your walk home!! But I've never done it.

kysunflower
09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I have about half of mine now. I have roads on my computer already, so I'm using one I took a few years ago, I some statues also, but am hoping to get something else. I have a chair I am going to use, I just need to get busy and set up a picture. So really I think other then the chair I need 2 more pictures. I would love to be able to get all of them printed at one time so they're all ready to be used, no looking for stuff to take a picture of the last minute.

Bright-Spark
09-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I had hoped to be out last weekend taking shots, even remembered the night before to charge up the camera batteries, but two things stopped me: it was pouring with rain and I wasn't feeling great.....

Let's hope the weather improves here soon!

KatieV
09-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Yesterday I found an 8x8 album in the clearance section :) Now I can really visualize what our journals will look like ---- awesome!!!

corrie04
09-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I need to cut out some 8x8 pages, so that I'll know!!

Zhenechka
09-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I have Loralou's picture ready to go. I'm still planning the accompanying art, and I've picked or shot most of the rest of the photos that I'll need.

Loralou
09-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah that first mail date is worrying me a little...first I have to get a photo of a sculpute before I can even start my art! I am wondering where to head to to find a scultpure.

corrie04
09-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Loralou - I don't know about the UK, but there are a ton of statues/sculptures in cemeteries where I live. Maybe you'll find some there?

Loralou
09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I just printed my photo off 8x8 then came back to check the insturctions and found that you specified other dimensions for the photo on the other side. The sizes you give aren't squares..... they are oblongs! How are we to mount them on a square bit of card...and how do we copy oblongs onto square bits.
Confused of Sheffield

Zhenechka
09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Since the photographs are rectangular but the page is square, I was going to mount my photo with photo corners on a pretty paper background. I haven't decided yet it I am going to do something similar with my interpretation or not, though.

KatieV
09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm thinking that's part of what the 'artistic interpretation' bit is -- figuring out how to represent a 4 x 6 photo on an 8 x 8 page. Of course, you could always work in a border or mat or something too.

That's my guess anyway!

Loralou
09-18-2008, 02:58 PM
hmmm I want to make it a square photo! *stamps foot* OCD kicking in!

Zhenechka
09-18-2008, 03:03 PM
hmmm I want to make it a square photo! *stamps foot* OCD kicking in!

I was contemplating using some of my Holga prints, which are 5"x5" and got the okay. I don't see why you couldn't use a square print too.

The thing I personally like about using prints smaller than the page size is that borders are nice and it'll be easier to bind a book without marring the photo.

Loralou
09-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Ad so any size inbetween the 2 sizes is ok? So I guess 6x6 is maximum square size allowed?

KatieV
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
While we're talking about the technical side of things, I just thought I'd throw this out there:

I will be putting my pages in an 8x8 album in page protectors. The backs of the pages won't be visible, so you don't need to worry about decorating the backs of the pages for me. It would be cool if you signed one of the pages somewhere on the front

I'm making a collaged cover for the album, if you'd like to make a tag or card with your info I would include it in the cover. If not, no big deal!

Loralou
09-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Here is what I did this evening, Corrie, tell me if it acceptable having square photos!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/199/small/1_wax_horses_small.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/199/small/1_horse_picture_page_small.jpg

Loralou
09-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh by the way, it is created in wax, as usual LOL

Bright-Spark
09-18-2008, 05:55 PM
I think they look great. Gives me inspiration to get a move on with the page I should be doing!

corrie04
09-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow... that will teach me to actually "work" and not pay attention to this website!

Any size between the 4x6 and the 5x7 is fine and square is not a problem!! I was thinking the photo would be attached on the 8x8 page with some type of border around it... but honestly, I don't really care.

We're all artists... let's just go with it. If the picture is screaming to be a certain size or shape, that's fine.

Loralou - That's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Your encaustic work is amazing. *high five*

Katie - Where in the world did you find an 8x8 page protector?

KatieV
09-18-2008, 07:30 PM
That's beautiful Loralou!!!

I found an album in the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby. There are scrapbooks made with 8x8 pages -- you can get an album or just the 'refills,' that have a blank 8x8 page inside.

kysunflower
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM
wow loralou thats beautiful.

Zhenechka
09-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I found an album in the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby. There are scrapbooks made with 8x8 pages -- you can get an album or just the 'refills,' that have a blank 8x8 page inside.

If you can't find them irl, here are two good scrapbooking websites: Scr@pb00k.com (http://www.scrapbook.com/) and Two pe@s in a bucket (http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/). I had honestly never thought of using scrapbooking supplies to help with the binding process. Good idea!

Beautiful spread, Loralou!

corrie04
09-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Katie - Here are your pages. I'm pleased with how they turned out.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/477/large/1_PAICJ_-_ROAD___BRIDGE_PHOTO.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/477/large/1_PAICJ_-_ROAD___BRIDGE_PI.jpg

KatieV
09-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh, how beautiful!!

Bright-Spark
09-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Corrie04, I LOVE those pages!! Wish they were for me.........

The sun is actually shining here, yah!! so, I am heading out to take some pictures and make some progress this week with kysunflower's pages. Will post when I'm done.

corrie04
09-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks!! It was fun to do and a bit challenging (esp. since I'm horrible about perspective). I actually glued down all the scrap elements first and then defined everything with drawing in the water soluable oil pastels.

kristinized
09-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Great job corrie04 and Loralou!

kysunflower
09-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Alright now, I got my lone chair picture and am ready to start my Oct 1 pages, yeah!

corrie04
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Last weekend, I was able to get all of my shots except for the sunset. I already have one that I can use, if I need to, but I'd like to get a new one.

I'm having a blast!

Bright-Spark
09-24-2008, 04:26 PM
The lone chair is the only one I haven't got. I don't suppose Zhenechka would be happy with a bench?? I have another few weeks, so I am sure something will appear.

I had a good day photographing on Sunday and got a few ticked off on my list, however the idea I had for kysunflower's architecture shot didn't work out :sad:

I got to my chosen building only to find the roof covered in scaffolding...... I did take a couple of shots, but wasn't happy when I reviewed them later on the computer. But, a shot I hadn't considered, kinda jumped out at me, so it has been printed out and I just need to pick up the paintbrush and get started on the artist's impression now, oh, and stop the cat sitting on it.........

Zhenechka
09-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm open to any interpretation of lone chair. :)

I've got the background for Loralou's page done; I just need to do the rest of it and art up the back.

kysunflower
09-24-2008, 11:19 PM
I need to know whose backs need to be decorated and whose putting their in an album and don't need decorating.
As for myself, i don't know, so maybe instead of doing some artsy thing on the back just some decorative paper is all, just incase I just rings instead of an album.

Bright-Spark
09-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Thanks kysunflower for posting, I was wondering myself.

I thought I might just do some small design so it wouldn't look too plain if on show, but at the same time wouldn't be a problem if someone did choose to cover it.

kristinized
09-25-2008, 07:14 AM
I haven't decided yet either, but am fine with no decoration on the back (maybe backed with patterned paper along with artist info). I'd rather have information on your photo - where you took it, what it is, why you chose it, etc.

Zhenechka
09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I was planning on inking up some nice paper for the backs of my pages. I'll probably put the pages I receive in clear scrapbooking page holders, so the only thing I wouldn't want on the backs of my pages is white space.

Also, does anyone need any one side clear of embellishments for binding?

kysunflower
09-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I am thinking of 3 ring binding, so I would need on the picture side (left page) the right side left with no embellishments, and on the artist interpretation side( right page, so they face each other once they are bound) no embellishment son the left side. Does this make sense? They will lay next to each other like they were in a scrapbook.

I think I'd also like the photo information on the back, where you took the photo and why you chose that scene to photograph, along with artist info.

kysunflower
09-25-2008, 10:23 AM
The lone chair. I haven't backed it yet, I was going to do something stiff and thck, but if it's going in a scrapbook page I am just doing white(as requested) cardstock on the back.

Loralou
09-25-2008, 01:43 PM
As per my post before about rectangle photos on square pages it really goes against the grain for me! Could people do square photos for me?
I would like my backs decorated please :D

kysunflower
09-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I've already had your photo printed.

Loralou
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
ok don't worry then

corrie04
09-25-2008, 05:19 PM
The lone chair. I haven't backed it yet, I was going to do something stiff and thck, but if it's going in a scrapbook page I am just doing white(as requested) cardstock on the back.

That is so cool! How big (or should I say, "small") is that chair?

Zhenechka
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM

My holders are clear so both sides will be visible. I'm not going to take a good look at your spread yet because I want it to be a surprise. :)

And Loralou, my spread for you is almost done and the photograph is a rectangle. Sorry.

kysunflower
09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
That is so cool! How big (or should I say, "small") is that chair?

It's a childs chair, maybe 3 or 4 yr olds could sit in it.

kysunflower
09-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Unless you are able to print your own photos it's really hard to get a aquare, if you even ca. My printer does not do suitable photographs.

corrie04
09-26-2008, 05:16 PM
To make things a bit easier, I'll try to edit the first post to include everyone's preferences, this weekend. If you have any preferences that you would like everyone to know, please add them as soon as possible.

Zhenechka
09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
My only requirement is that the backs not be white. Other than that, however each participant wants to interpret my theme, is great.

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 03:18 AM
I have no preferences, as I haven't made up my mind on how I am going to display these yet, I thought I would wait until they all came together and inspired me!

I have one question, I am assuming the pages should not be too thick? I have painted kysunflowers on 140lbs waterpaper and intend to add a backing card, and I think this will mean the pages are sturdy but not too thick.

I really want to know that it's not expected that the pages are on anything as thick as mount board which is at least 2mm thick. I can do that (strangely I have a stash of mountboard :)), but as I say I would like to know what is expected.

PS I will hopefully post piccies in the thread later today, or tomorrow at the latest. I'm just casting a last minute eye over my artist's interpretation and it needs a little work yet!

I expect to mail on Monday. I need to get wax paper to wrap the pages in.

kristinized
09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I hadn't inteded to mount my photo/art on anything thicker than cardstock or the poster board material I use to make atcs. Matte board might be too tick to display in scrapbook page holders.

corrie04
09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm using heavy cardstock or 140 lb watercolor paper.

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks Ladies, I think we are all on the same wavelength, or in this case same thickness of card! ;)

Bright-Spark
09-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, with a lot of trepidation, I post photos. Of the photo, and the artist's impression!

These look a bit squint, but they are straight on the page, promise.

I will get them in the mail on Monday. Just hope to keep my sticky mitts off that painting tomorrow. I have been working with it a lot this afternoon, and it is now getting to stage that I will mess it up if I don't leave it alone..............

btw, it is Edinburgh old town rooftops taken from Greyfriar's graveyard.

corrie04
09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Bright - OMG... absolutely beautiful!!!! I love them.

kysunflower
09-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Well, with a lot of trepidation, I post photos. Of the photo, and the artist's impression!

These look a bit squint, but they are straight on the page, promise.

I will get them in the mail on Monday. Just hope to keep my sticky mitts off that painting tomorrow. I have been working with it a lot this afternoon, and it is now getting to stage that I will mess it up if I don't leave it alone..............

btw, it is Edinburgh old town rooftops taken from Greyfriar's graveyard.
Those are really beautiful

Loralou
09-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I concur, beautiful!

Zhenechka
09-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Wonderful work, Bright-Spark!

kristinized
09-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Those are great!

kysunflower
09-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Loralou, I worked on your sunset picture on my computer, and printed it on photo paper, it's pretty good, but not as good as the original I had printed at Wal Mart. But it is 5x5 though. So I am going to use it on your pages, and will include the origianl in your envelope.

Loralou
09-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Donna, thanks so much for going that extra mile to make me a square page, but really, go with the one you want to, I will cope! lol

EXCITING NEWS! My gorgeous wife bought me an DSLR camera for my birthday! I don't get it for another 2 weeks but OMG I am so excited!

Bright-Spark
09-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Brilliant birthday pressie! Now you will have no excuse, we will be expecting much....

corrie04
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, Loralou! I'm jealous!!!! You're one lucky, girl!

Zhenechka
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
A dSLR is heaven. I have a hard time using a point and shoot now. :)

Bright-Spark
09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
It's funny you say that Zhenechka. I still carry my little canon ixus around with me because it is my 'moment' camera and the one I use to identify locations. Taking the big camera out is much more of an expedition, tripod, which lens, etc etc.

Zhenechka
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Heh! If I can't set everything just so on my camera, I get cranky. I will admit to longing for a canon g9, though, because it shoot raw.

Bright-Spark
09-29-2008, 11:00 PM
g9 must be a Canada/US term. I am a Canon girl myself, but have an 'old' 20D, which I love and wouldn't trade....

Bright-Spark
09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Just to let you know that mine went in the post this morning to kysunflower, the post usually takes at least a week from my end :sad:

So, off to look for that chair for Zhenechka, I have an idea which might work out tomorrow night, but then the last one for ky didn't work, so......

Fall back is my bench picture, but I have a feeling when I find it there are maybe two in the shot, so that may disqualify it!

kysunflower
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I do not have any addresses. I need zhenechka's addres quickly, probably won't be getting it out until tomorrow unless I get the address in the next 30 minutes or so.

Bright-Spark
09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I have PM'd you kysunflower!

corrie04
09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I do not have any addresses. I need zhenechka's addres quickly, probably won't be getting it out until tomorrow unless I get the address in the next 30 minutes or so.

Donna -
Did you not receive the list of addresses? I think I sent them a couple of different ways. Let me know if you need me to resend it.

Zhenechka
09-30-2008, 06:16 PM
My pages for Loralou are ready to go in the mail tomorrow. I'll post scans when I get a chance.

Zhenechka
09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
g9 must be a Canada/US term. I am a Canon girl myself, but have an 'old' 20D, which I love and wouldn't trade....

We've got the 20Ds here too. I personally have a Rebel XTi. The G9 is a point and shoot that can take raw photos. I've always loved Canon, especially since you can mess around with most of the settings of the point and shoots.

kristinized
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Here are my pages for "trees." I'll post again tomorrow when they're in the mail.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2902783683_57edb204d5_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinized/2902783683/" title="pai1a by _kristin_, on Flickr) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2902779761_5b7125ec19_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinized/2902779761/" title="pai1b by _kristin_, on Flickr)

Zhenechka
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Wonderful work!

kristinized
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
thank you!

corrie04
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow... I love the whimsical-simplicity of your tree scene. The photo is gorgeous also. Absolutely Lovely!!!

Bright-Spark
10-01-2008, 12:09 AM
kristinized, I love them!!! So clever!

KatieV
10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Lovely tree!!

I just need to get the backs stuck on, then I can mail this afternoon. Kristinized, do you want to see the scans of the pages or do you want to be surprised?

kristinized
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
oooh! surprise! surprise! :)

corrie04
10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Today is the big "M" day. Don't forget to mail your pages to your 1st partner!

Please post in the thread when the pages were mailed and received.

Loralou
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I was at work all day that the PO was open today, but I don't start till 9.30 tomorrow morning so I will get the chance to go tomorrow :)

Bright-Spark
10-01-2008, 01:29 PM
corrie04 - my pages for kysunflower went yesterday!

kysunflower
10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Mine went out this morning.

Zhenechka
10-01-2008, 06:02 PM
My pages went out this afternoon but I think I missed the last pick up.

corrie04
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the updates.

KatieV
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Mine also got dropped off at the PO today!

kysunflower
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I forgot to say. I was cleaning out my email this morning and found the email with the address, I had over looked it I guess because I don't think it had even been opened.

Loralou
10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I posted mine today after work, but the women said they wouldn't go till tomorrow, but they are def on their way :D

corrie04
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Donna - I'm glad that you found the mailing addresses.

Loralou - I'll mark you down as being mailed! :)

Bright-Spark
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Well, I didn't get to where I thought I was going last Wednesday, so didn't get the opportunity to take Zhenechka's lone chair shot.....

The hunt begins!

kristinized
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Received from KatieV Saturday - wow! Definitely something I'd be proud to show off (and will!) :)

Also: I haven't found a scrapbook/binder that I like yet, but did pick up some 8x8 sleeves that I can add to a book later on. Don't worry about decorating the backs of my pages since they won't be shown.

Loralou
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I am still hunting for a road picture. Of course I could just go out and snap one of my street, but I kinda think that would be BORING!!! lol
I am wondering if paths would be acceptable? I have a cool path.

KatieV
10-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Sure - a path sounds fine!

corrie04
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Kristin - Thanks for letting us know that the pages were received! I updated the 1st post.

Zhenechka
10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Ummm....CanadaPost hates me when I send mail internationally. Loralou's pages came back to me for no apparent reason this morning. I took them to the nearest post office to mail them again. They went out for the second (and hopefully last) time today.

Sorry.

corrie04
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you (and Loralou), Zhenechka.

Loralou
10-07-2008, 05:35 AM
LOL it's a good job I can be a patient gal ;)

Zhenechka
10-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Yes, it is a good thing you're patient. :)

CP likes to randomly return international mail to my box without any explanation. I had it happen a couple times this past holiday season. The mail usually makes it out of the country the second time. Fingers crossed!

Loralou
10-07-2008, 07:39 AM
I wonder if you write your reutn address largely? And they mistake it for the mailing address.

Loralou
10-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Here is my path for Katie, I am not sure I like it, I will wait to see what Katie says.... BTE the scan is bad and the purple at the bottom is most def green on the art.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/199/small/1_photo_page_for_KatieV_small.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/199/small/1_wax_page_for_katieV_small.jpg

kysunflower
10-07-2008, 01:51 PM
nice work loralou.

KatieV
10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Ooooooooooh!! You'd better let me have that!! ;) Funny how scanners work sometimes.

Loralou
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Does that mean you like it? I'll do another if you don't!

KatieV
10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I like it!! Lemme have it :D

kysunflower
10-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I got my beautiful pages from bright spark today!

Bright-Spark
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Phew, very pleased to hear they got there!

Loralou, those pages look great. Will you please slow down, some of us still haven't got our next shot........ I've got the following one, just looking for a lone chair! :)

kristinized
10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I know Bright-Spark! (I was going to call you BS but decided that didn't look right...) I have the next two photos but am still deciding on my architecture shot for this month.

kysunflower
10-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Loralou, how do you prefer to have the back of yours done, plain for putting in an album, or decorated in some way?

KatieV
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I can't decide what kind of tree to use for my next set. Also, this area is quite famous for its fall foliage, so I am waiting to see if there will be good colors this month to photograph.

corrie04
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I think that path is totally awesome! I love all the pages that everyone has done so far.

Loralou
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Can I have them decorated please, they will be in a ring binding.

kysunflower
10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Sure will do

Bright-Spark
10-08-2008, 02:23 AM
Oh! fall foliage, she rubs her hands gleefully......

KatieV, I am patient, I can wait, take that shot!

Zhenechka
10-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Great work, Loralou!

I've got the stuff to start the background for my next interpretation. Maybe I'll bring everything to my collage class this evening and get cracking.

corrie04
10-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Loralou - I got your stunning pages, today! Wow, girl! Absolutely Amazing.

Bright-Spark
10-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Woo hoo!!!

My wonderful pages from kristinized arrived this morning, waiting patiently under the mat for my return. I really LOVE them!

corrie04
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
My pages are going in an 8x8 photo album. No need to leaving binding space, nor do you need to decorate the backs

corrie04
10-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Can everyone check to make sure that I have the "Pages received" information correct on the first post, please. Thanks

kristinized
10-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I received from KatieV on 10/04 :)

Loralou
10-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Just got my pages from Zhenechka, I love them!

Zhenechka
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Just got my pages from Zhenechka, I love them!

Woohoo!

Kysunflower's wonderful pages featuring a sweet red chair arrived today. :)

corrie04
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah! Everyone has received their first month's pages.

corrie04
10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Just checking in!

I have Kristin's photo printed... just need to do the interp. part. Hopefully, I'll be able to get that done this weekend - or at least next weekend.

Remember that the next mail date is 11/1.

Bright-Spark
10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm remembering, I'm remembering.......

Still haven't found that chair though, hmph!

kysunflower
10-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I have Loralous done, and will try to get it in the mail in the next coupl of days. I'll post when I do.

My pictures just aren't turning out well lately, so these don't look in pictures like they do in person.

Loralou
10-17-2008, 06:05 PM
That is very beautiful Donna :D

Zhenechka
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I have the picture printed and the background done for Corrie's pages. Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in some art time in between apartment viewings.

corrie04
10-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Beautiful Donna.

Zhen - I can't wait to see my pages!

Zhenechka
10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Beautiful Donna.

Zhen - I can't wait to see my pages!

The background was fun to make. I followed Tanya's tut. (http://cheekyurchin.blogspot.com/2008/10/friday-tut-scrapheap-challenge.html)

And those are wonderful pages, Donna. Gorgeous.

corrie04
10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Kristin's pages are done. They'll be mailed out next week.

Original photo taken in Columbus.

Interperation page created with gesso, spray watercolors, hand cut stencil from wax paper (used both postive and negative) and white and black charcoal pencils.

There is a green (grass) watercolor spray that doesn't show up well in the scan.

Loralou
10-26-2008, 04:47 AM
LOL you used square photos! Love them :D

kristinized
10-26-2008, 09:52 AM
love them!

Kristin's pages are done. They'll be mailed out next week.

Original photo taken in Columbus.

Interperation page created with gesso, spray watercolors, hand cut stencil from wax paper (used both postive and negative) and white and black charcoal pencils.

There is a green (grass) watercolor spray that doesn't show up well in the scan.

corrie04
10-26-2008, 02:05 PM
LOL you used square photos! Love them :D

*G* Yep... I used square photos. As long as the photos don't distort, I'll probably keep using the squares. Except for yours, Loralou. I'm going to make up some weird, funky shape that a geometry teacher has never heard of before. Just to drive ya crazy! *Evil Grin*:P:goofy::eek:

Loralou
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM
*screams* lol

KatieV
10-26-2008, 06:34 PM
:laugh: hehehee!!

Bright-Spark
10-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Well, I have to own up that right at this moment I still don't have a lone chair shot for Zhenechka.....:sad:

I was sooooo sure I would get one at the weekend when I had a visitor staying and was doing the touristy bit! Loads of benches, but that doesn't fit my definition of chair.

There was part of a chair (the seat) in the harbour at Dysart, but although I wandered round all angles and considered repositioning it there just wasn't the shot.

Zhenechka, you have been the unknowing source of lots of humour and arguement/debate this last weekend!

So, off on the hunt again today. I will update later, but I can see that I may only be posting the pages off on Monday rather than the Saturday deadline.

kristinized
10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Could you set up a shot? Grab an old chair and pose it somewhere lonely? Or is that cheating?

Bright-Spark
10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, now that you mention it kristinized..............

Fraid that is exactly what I have ended up doing. It looks a little posed, and I could probably have set it up somewhere better with a bit more time and some transport, but I don't have either!

I will now get on with the artist' interpretation (probably Thurs/Fri eve) and post piccies in the thread when I am done.

corrie04
10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
For my chair shots, I found 2 chairs and a table at an outdoor pizzaria... I simply moved the table and the other chair out of the way. Got a great shot and lots of funny looks. *Ha.*

I mailed Kristin's pages yesterday.

Bright-Spark
10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
You will be pleased to hear I do already have my next shot, in fact the only one I don't have now is Corrie's statue, but, I ain't so worried about that one, as there are a number of them littered round the place!! :D

Just need to doublecheck whether you want ancient or modern........

corrie04
10-29-2008, 04:15 PM
The only one I don't have now is Corrie's statue, but, I ain't so worried about that one, as there are a number of them littered round the place!! :D

Just need to doublecheck whether you want ancient or modern........

It doesn't matter to me. I think they're all pretty darn cool!

Zhenechka
10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
My pages for Corrie are going in the mail tomorrow. If you'd like to see the interpretation and the photo, they're posted here. (http://zhenia.wordpress.com/2008/10/28/from-point-a-to-point-b/)

kysunflower
10-30-2008, 06:02 PM
My sunset pages for loralou went out today.

corrie04
10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
zhen - How awesome!!! I'm so excited. The photo is great and I wanted to reach through my screen to touch all of the texture in the interpretation page! Oh, and how cool that you linked my blog in your description!

Zhenechka
10-30-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you like the photo and the pages.

This is a heads up for you that I'm moving next Saturday. I will do my very best to check in during the next two weeks but if I don't, I have not abandoned this project, I am just very very busy (and stressed). :)

corrie04
10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Good luck with the move!

kristinized
10-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Received my cemetery pages corrie04 - great work!!

corrie04
10-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah! I'm glad that they arrived safely and you like them.

KatieV
11-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Finally finished!! I'll get to the post office today sometime.

ETA: I put scans of the pages up on my blog if you want to see.

Bright-Spark
11-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Mine are going out to Zhenechka on Monday, sorry they are late! (and posed....)

Zhenechka
11-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm not looking closely until your pages get here. :D

I can't wait to see them. It'll be so nice to get nice mail after the move is over.

kristinized
11-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry I'm late mailing, I didn't make it to the PO before it closed on Saturday. My pages went in the mail to Donna this morning.

corrie04
11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Loralou - I know that you got Katie's pages done super early... when did you mail them?

Loralou
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Um tomorrow? LOL

corrie04
11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
LOL... Okay. I'll mark you as "going postal tomorrow."

Loralou
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
*whistles and walks away sheepishly*

corrie04
11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
*L* You're too funny!

Zhenechka
11-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Just so you know, my pages were definitely mailed. No more future tense for me...until next month. :)

I've picked my photos except for Kristin's. We're supposed to get snow later this week and I figure a Holga + snow + cemetary = awesome. Fingers crossed that that's a correct assessment of the situations. :)

corrie04
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the update, Zhen!

Bright-Spark
11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
My wonderful pages arrived today from KatieV - love them!! So quick....

I like Loralou feel a bit sheepish that mine went out late to Zhenechka, especially when I remembered that my last lot of mail to her for a swap took at least two weeks to get to her.

I will be working on improving my performance :yes: and get Loralou's off to her more quickly next month. Helps that I already have the photo, and she is in the same country (well, sort of..... :laugh:)

corrie04
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the update!

Once someone receives their pages, I'm deleting their names from that month's list (since that trade is "complete" once the page is received)

Zhenechka
11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I like Loralou feel a bit sheepish that mine went out late to Zhenechka, especially when I remembered that my last lot of mail to her for a swap took at least two weeks to get to her.

I think that this is for the best. I'm moving on Saturday and this way, the pages will arrive after I'm settled in. :)

corrie04
11-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Zhen - my pages have arrived. The textures are absolutely yummy! And blue is my favorite color. Thank you!

kysunflower
11-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I recieved some beautiful pages from Kristinized today, I love them, vintagy looking architecture.

corrie04
11-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for posting, Donna!

Loralou
11-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I received my pages today, thank you donna!

corrie04
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks Loralou!

Bright-Spark
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I have to confess that when I saw Loralou had posted to the thread, I thought "yikes, she is at it again, finishing her pages so early!!....." :D

Loralou
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Haha , nope!

corrie04
11-11-2008, 08:24 PM
*L* Too funny.

KatieV
11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Oooooh, I got my pages from Loralou -- they are fantastic! I haven't seen encaustic up close like this before, it's amazing!! :jiggy:

Loralou
11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
DId the wax make it on one piece?

KatieV
11-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah!! Looks like a little bit from the edges came off. There was a teensy bit of wax in the envelope, but I can't tell where it could have come from, so it must have been on the edge.

Zhenechka
11-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Hello all!

I'm still unpacking but I've started Katie's pages and am planning a trip to a nearby cemetary for next month's pages.

corrie04
11-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Zhen - great to hear that your move is done! Have you received Bright Spark's pages yet?

Loralou
11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I am moving house next thursday! A bit manic, not a lot of time for art and of course my address will be changing, I will keep people updated.

kristinized
11-18-2008, 01:22 PM
My Lone Chair PAI went in the mail to Jennifer this morning!

corrie04
11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Loralou - Yikes! I'm glad it's not me. Good luck with that.

Kristin - you get the gold star for being the first mailing of the next round.

kristinized
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
woo hoo!

Zhenechka
11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Zhen - great to hear that your move is done! Have you received Bright Spark's pages yet?

Not yet. I have something to pick up at the post office. Hopefully, that's Bright Spark's pages. I'll let you know early next week.

My Lone Chair PAI went in the mail to Jennifer this morning!

Woohoo!

corrie04
11-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the update!

Bright-Spark
11-22-2008, 05:56 AM
Corrie04/Loralou, will you be sending out an updated address for Loralou?

I am scheduled to send a page to her next, and I hope to have it done next week!

corrie04
11-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I haven't received it yet, but ... yes, one of us will send it out to the peeps that still need to mail their journal pages to her.

Loralou
11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
well I have having my mail re-directed for a while yet, so send it to my current one for this round. I will update everyone for the next round. Thanks!

Loralou
11-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Scrap that, I'll send you my new one.

corrie04
11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
My pages for Bright-Spark are complete! I weaved the 2nd one.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/477/large/1_TREE-CJ.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/477/large/1_TREE-CJ-WEAVE.jpg

They'll go out in the mail this week.

Bright-Spark
11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Corrie04, those pages are fantastic. Thanks for posting, can't wait to get them now!

I am having the usual second thoughts on my piccie for Loralou.... Looking at it again it is more dusk than sunset. I'll keep thinking and dithering for another couple of days.

Zhenechka
11-24-2008, 06:11 PM
It's a good thing I went to the post office on Sunday; two fantastic sets of pages were waiting for me -- one from Bright-Spark and one from Kristin. Fantastic work!

I'm off to leave fb now.

corrie04
11-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I am having the usual second thoughts on my piccie for Loralou.... Looking at it again it is more dusk than sunset. I'll keep thinking and dithering for another couple of days.

I never could catch an actual "sun" set... But I got some great colorful sky pictures.

corrie04
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
It's a good thing I went to the post office on Sunday; two fantastic sets of pages were waiting for me -- one from Bright-Spark and one from Kristin. Fantastic work!

I'm off to leave fb now.

Thanks for posting. I have you marked off as receiving both November's & December's pages.

Loralou
11-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Dusk is cool with me :D

kysunflower
11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll be picking my pictures up today and will work on mine probably tomorrow.

Bright-Spark
11-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Dusk is cool with me :D

Thanks Loralou, I'll get to work on the artists impression, square like the photo!

corrie04
11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
no, no, no... Loralou wanted her pictures weird shaped... Remember??!! *wink wink*

Loralou
11-25-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.journeywithjesus.net/Essays/TheScream.jpg

corrie04
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! You're hilarious, Loralou!! :laugh:

Zhenechka
11-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Ha!

My pages for Katie are in the mail. I'll post scans to my blog next week...I hope.

corrie04
11-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Loralou's new address has been forwarded to Bright-Spark, Kristinized, and KatieV. :)

Loralou
11-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Here are my latest pages, the first art to come out of my new swanky art room!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/199/large/1_cemetary_journal_page_small.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/199/large/1_cemetary_jounal_page_2_small.jpg

corrie04
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Ohhh... very haunting! Did you use wax this time?

It looks great!!!

Loralou
11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Nope, it's oil pastels, I fancied a change! lol The picture is printed on vellum, makes it more interesting too.

Bright-Spark
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I like the pastels, Loralou! I should get your sunsets in the post tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest. They don't have far to go........

My pages arrived from Corrie04 - many thanks!

corrie04
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Loralou - the oil pastels do look great. Especially with that theme.

Bright - I'm glad that they arrived safely! :)

kristinized
11-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Beautiful Loralou!!

Loralou
11-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Bright-Spark chill with the sending, I will do my best to get mine in the post on Monday but in all reality it depends on if I can escape work early enough to get to the PO before it shuts. I have left it last minute this month with the whole moving thing!

KatieV
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Ooops! I missed the PO today - will go tomorrow to mail your page, Donna!

PS - would you like to see the scan or be surprised?

Zhenechka
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Great work, Loralou! The pastels are really evocative.

corrie04
12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Ohhhh... I want to see the scan, Katie. I hope Donna wants to, too!

kysunflower
12-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Mine is in the mail. No pictures I was in a hurry and didn't have time.

corrie04
12-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the update!

KatieV
12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Mine are in the mail. Here's a link to the scan: architecture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mixing-katie/3078762292/)