PDA

View Full Version : G-9 The Altered Sunshine Journalers

fantasy firebird
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Welcome to our circle journal group. I hope that you will all be very happy living here for the next 5 months (or so)!!
Just to re-hash old information, we all need to post here weekly to let everyone know that we have't forgotten our circle pledge :
"I promise faithfully to create pages of the chosen theme of my monthly partner, to the best of my artistic ability. I promise to post those created pages to my allocated partner by the correct date as stated in the swop information. I promise that I will keep everybody informed as to my progress, and should I have any problems that may result in late posting I will make sure that I send a message to my partner and the swop momma."
Please remember that this pledge has to be recited whilst holding a paintbrush, a pencil and a pot of glue!!

Lily Lemon - theme of "Girl Power"-- depictions of, quotes about, artists' personal definition of girl power and/or artist's journal entry on when she realized her girl power/ any other thoughts artist has on girl power, etc.Size 8 x 8 . I, too, would love to see "handmade" elements in the pages! I think I will collect them in a scrapbook/photo album for now and decide later whether to bind them. So, backs should probably be neat and tidy with artist info. As far as chunkiness : whatever you want to do is fine with me!
goodmorningstarshine - pages to be 8 by 8, and for the theme to be fantasy. Not to be too dorky, but fantasy in the tradition of dungeons and dragons, such as dragons, elves, gnomes, fairies and the like
I would like some element of my pages to be done by hand, too. I am a big fan of collage, but I really don't like receiving something that is just a computer page print out of someone else's art, so if you prefer to collage it, by all means collage it! I will be binding mine on the...hmm, I'll change it up and make it the top. Please leave the top inch or so without anything thick; I've messed up some pages trying to shove pages in! And if the backs could be pretty with scrapbook paper or the like, that would be swell.

Above all everybody PLEASE ENJOY this experience, it is designed to be FUN.

to be posted 1st week March 2009

isisjean to goodmorningstarshine

Lily Lemon
10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I found us!

goodmorningstarshine
10-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Yay! Altered Sunshine sounds so happy! I'm happy! Happy to be a member of altered sunshine!

fantasy firebird
10-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Yup have to agree I liked both suggestions of Altered sunshine and the Moonlight one I even tried to join the two together LOL we will just have to run a sequel !!

goodmorningstarshine
10-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Okay, so funny story. I have some real short term (and long term, for that matter) memory issues. It wasn't until you just wrote about Altered Sunshine and Moonlight Masterpiece that I realized that I thought of those. Of course it makes me happy; that's why I made it up! Duh, Crystal!

Lily Lemon
10-02-2008, 12:16 AM
To get in the spirit, I made a cover and page for my own journal! Now I feel ready to start working on alteredmommy's pages! I have ideas brewing but need to get a couple other pesky things out of the way forst.

Question: I did read somewhere that it's two pages. Is that right?

Thanks!

fantasy firebird
10-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Question: I did read somewhere that it's two pages. Is that right?

Thanks!

Yes that's right! now the pages can be joined i.e. a continuation of the picture/theme using the 2 page spread as your full art space OR you can do 2 separate pages, but both obviously covering the set theme. Having just read that even to me who knows what I meant before I wrote it, it's clear as mud!!!

hokeycokey
10-03-2008, 04:04 AM
read the post twice before i actually clicked the link to here....duh!

love the name, love the themes and have made a start....:jiggy:

goodmorningstarshine
10-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Does anyone have any idea what the secret to leading a good, happy life is?

hokeycokey
10-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have any idea what the secret to leading a good, happy life is?

mmm......tough one......chocolate, maybe? :spinny:

fantasy firebird
10-05-2008, 03:38 PM
don't think I'm the one able to answer that question at the moment!!! If you find out the answer let me know = better lat than never LOL

goodmorningstarshine
10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I was afraid of that...you are all are saving your secrets to a good happy life until you have to do journalling!

goodmorningstarshine
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
We should talk more. I'm finished with one of isisjean's pages. I journalled. Is everyone proud?

hokeycokey
10-06-2008, 05:42 PM
well done goodmorningsunshine....I'm stressing about isisjean's pages and i haven't finished yours yet! I'm over halfway through my first page - nearly completed the artwork, then a bit of journalling to do. I have the basic sketch done on my second page, so not too bad. Hopefully I'll get some more done tomorrow (my only day off this week!)

Lily Lemon
10-06-2008, 05:54 PM
I have one of alteredmommy's pages drawn and ready to paint. I have some ideas for the other page. I think hers is the hardest topic/theme!

goodmorningstarshine
10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Really? I am all ready for hers! Or at least one of hers. It's the journaling thing that's killing me here. I've never journaled before. I haven't been in a circle journal before, either, so I'm not really sure my page is the type of thing we are supposed to be doing, anyway. I searched all over the internets, but there aren't very many examples that don't look like a bunch of scrapbooking elements arranged in a visually pleasing manner. (Not that there's anything wrong with that or anything).

Are we all going to post pictures of our work so we can help each other, or we will we wait until we send them to our partners. I feel like I need guidance!

Lily Lemon
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Isn't that funny! 'cause I think I could take on "The Good Life."

I would love it if we would post but I'll wait to see what FF says!

fantasy firebird
10-07-2008, 03:35 AM
POST ON my little friends!! There each of you are thinking that yours is the worst - and you are ALL WRONG!!! Girl power!! It would be all right if I didn't keep thinking of the Spice Girls - yuck!!!!
When I did the pages on Nickys group I stressed out the whole time over her theme Venetian carnivale, I panicked I worried I started numerous pages prior to needing to - and the result??? Well if I say so myself it was one of the better pages (doesn't say much for the others LOL)
I would love you all to post as much as you want to - pictures included, we could be a self help circle journal group!!
Don't worry about getting the go ahead for things from me - I am a very laid back momma!! As long as everyone is happy and shows their faces here so we know you are all around you can chatter on for all you're worth!! It will be nice to be able to have a thread to visit where there is something happening each day.
Oh and by the way - I haven't even started!!!!!

hokeycokey
10-07-2008, 03:56 AM
I think that the journalling aspect of some themes is going to be the hardest as I rarely/never write about my personal feelings...I suppose we should look at it as some kind of therapy....a chance to get things off our chests....

Lily Lemon
10-07-2008, 04:43 PM
FF, I'm sorry if you're having trouble with my theme!:( A couple of different ways to think of it/options would be:

Strong women
how little girls grow into powerful women
images of female strength
your own experiences discovering girl power/ growing into a strong woma
quotes from and about....

etc.

Let me know if this is still troublesome!

Lily Lemon
10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Alteredmommy, is some religious content still okay? For the page I'm working on, I'm doing my version (in iconic style) of St. George. I haven't decided the content of the second page.

fantasy firebird
10-08-2008, 04:04 PM
FF, I'm sorry if you're having trouble with my theme!:( A couple of different ways to think of it/options would be:

Strong women
how little girls grow into powerful women
images of female strength
your own experiences discovering girl power/ growing into a strong woma
quotes from and about....

etc.

Let me know if this is still troublesome!

Oh I have a few ideas but whether its what you expect will be something else entirely!! If I can explain I think that the suffragette movement woul be a good example of girl power, its just the case of attempting to work out what to do with the idea and in what formatt - Sheesh certainly giving me something to get the brain working!!

Lily Lemon
10-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes, great example! :) I know what you mean....with alteredmommy's, I have the idea but to make it work...hmmmm (scratching head)....

Lily Lemon
10-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Ok, I guess I'll go first!

Here's my first page for alteredmommy.This was really tough for me. I used Sharpies, Inktense pencils, watercolor crayons, acrylics, and, on his halo, Lumiere paints for the effect of "gilding."

hokeycokey
10-12-2008, 04:26 AM
Well done lily lemon! Fabulous artwork, I love it...and i'm sure alteredmommy will too.

fantasy firebird
10-12-2008, 07:07 AM
it reminds me of the stained glass windows that have the pictures of knights etc on them. good work!!

goodmorningstarshine
10-12-2008, 10:54 AM
This is awesome! I love it.

Lily Lemon
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Awww...thanks, everyone! I started the second page last night so maybe I'll have something to show in a few days.

hokeycokey
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Finished page #1 for goodmorningstarshine!

goodmorningstarshine
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm loving it! She's so beautiful!

hokeycokey
10-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Oh, I am pleased you love her - halfway through your second page now, goodmorningstarshine.

goodmorningstarshine
10-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Rockin! I've got to get started on my second page, too. I just can figure out what to draw!

hokeycokey
10-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Finished page #2! Will let you know when I mail them :jiggy:

fantasy firebird
10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
oh those pages are to die for!!!

goodmorningstarshine
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
And they are all mine! i'm the luckiest girl in the world!

fantasy firebird
10-17-2008, 03:25 AM
well I have started!! just the one page, and all I have is the writing on it so far LOL I suddenly remembered the poem - The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. Seems to me that poem could signify Girl Power!! Now to find a decent cradle picture!!

Lily Lemon
10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
CAn't wait to see!

fantasy firebird
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM
same here!! I too can't wait to see what will happen to these pages LOL

Lily Lemon
10-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm almost done with alteredmommy's second page (waiting to figure out how to paints folds in the fabric of the sleeve of the robe) and I'm playing around with hokeycokey's first page (just because I'm stuck on the other, not 'cause I'm really anal and do things waaaaaay ahead of time!)

hokeycokey
10-24-2008, 12:17 PM
goodmorningstarshine - your pages are in the mail - hope they arrive safely!

goodmorningstarshine
10-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you! I need to mail too. I just never have time to go to the post office, as I work during po hours.

hokeycokey
10-27-2008, 05:16 AM
no worries, alteredmommy - I'm sure they will be worth the wait ....glad to hear you still have the all clear after five years - congratulations!!

goodmorningstarshine
10-30-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm still around. Still haven't gone to the post office. Ergh. They are done though. I promise! I should figure out how to use the scanner already...what I need is proof!

fantasy firebird
10-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Well one page is now completed for my girl power theme!!! Bet this isn't what you expected when you set this theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW the quote reads "Even Wonder Woman has big knicker days...."

isisjean
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
So sorry for my posting delay. I just got a new job (not very fun, hopefully it will improve) and I totally forgot where the thread was and just now found it (thank god!). :)

I am doing so well on Fantasy Firebird's inspiration page (I think you will love it...I am so happy with my work and am so excited to hear the review!)

I do have a quick question, and I apologize if I, once again, just plum forgot, this is for a FULL, two-page spread (left and right) correct??? Please let me know ASAP!!

Thanks! I will have the first page(s) out next week!!!

Stacey

PS How is everyone else doing?

isisjean
10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Dumb me, so it IS two pages! YAY, more fun for me!!!

hokeycokey
10-31-2008, 07:03 PM
love the page fantasy firebird - very funny!

Lily Lemon
11-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Yes, it is funny! Well done!:)

Lily Lemon
11-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Here's my second page for alteredmommy. I like th St George page better but I did my best!:)

hokeycokey
11-04-2008, 05:22 AM
ooh! I am so lucky - just love those pages alteredmommy xxx

fantasy firebird
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
ok, we all need to be sending out our first set of pages about now. Please let me know if you have sent/received your pages. Mine will be ready to go in a couple of days!!

goodmorningstarshine
11-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I received hokey cokey's beautiful pages today (they are so lovely!) and have left an I trader.

I am planning to go to the post office today. If that doesn't work out I will definitely be mailing tomorrow!

hokeycokey
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm glad they arrived safely....and really pleased that you are happy with them. I've made a start on this months pages - more of a challenge this time, but I think I know what I'm doing!!

Lily Lemon
11-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I sent yesterday

Lily Lemon
11-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Here's my first page for hokeycokey. I guess I do "Dark" in a whimsical, cute way!:)

hokeycokey
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
whimsical is fine by me...the theme is still 'dark'! lovely page

isisjean
11-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Fantasy, my pages to you went out this week! I hope you like them. I was so stupid and forgot to scan them for the group to see. Sorry!

Stacey

fantasy firebird
11-09-2008, 07:12 PM
isisjean I will scan them and post when I receive them - getting excited about all this now. Also a big sigh of relief - I have finished the second girl power page, so only have to package up and they are ready to send out!! I do hope that they are ok!!

Lily Lemon
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
That is sooooo cute!

hokeycokey
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Received my 'voodoo' pages from alteredmommy today - they are even better in the flesh. I love the texture of the paint...and the colours...and the images....they are gorgeous! Many thanks for your hard work x

isisjean
11-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Crystal, Crystal, OMI GOD!!! I love your pages for my journal!!! :D

I am so pleased with the work and the images (I love the martini glass as I just furnished a bar in my apartment and have been in a cocktail phase!!!) and the words. Great, great work. The pages arrived safely and are treasured!!!

:)

Thanks!

isisjean
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
How is everyone else doing? Are we enjoying our returns? I hope so, as much as I do mine anyway!!! :)

fantasy firebird
11-11-2008, 06:49 PM
ok I have update the first post can you all check whether I have it right and if you all have sent/received - thanks

isisjean
11-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Hi Fantasy, I did send yours last week. I believe I said so above.

fantasy firebird
11-12-2008, 04:22 AM
ok sorry brain melt!! will amend the list - that means I should be getting it any time!!:jiggy:

fantasy firebird
11-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I received my wonderful pages from isisjean today!! Love the way that you have gone in the pages idea. I will scan them so that everyone else can see them. So all we are waiting for is 2 sets to arrive and then the first round is complete!!

Lily Lemon
11-15-2008, 06:07 PM
I got mine! Great job, FF!

I hope they arrive soon, alteredmommy!

fantasy firebird
11-19-2008, 04:37 AM
Well congratulations to everybody, we have completed the first round of the circle!! I do hope that everyone is plesed with wht they have received and that none of you have had to have stress management!!

isisjean
11-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I am very pleased!!

Lily Lemon
11-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Here's hokeycokey's second page

hokeycokey
11-21-2008, 11:40 AM
just spotted your page in the gallery - it is gorgeous....and I've always liked the the E A Poe poem about the raven - thankyou!

hokeycokey
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Here are my pages for isisjean - I found them tough as they weren't 'art' based. (Although I couldn't resist drawing a picture on the second!) It was good, however, to have the challenge of doing something different. Hope that you like them.

isisjean
11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Lovely pages hokeycokey!!

hokeycokey
11-24-2008, 05:06 PM
your pages went in the mail today isisjean - hope they arrive safely x

goodmorningstarshine
11-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Ladies!

Lily Lemon
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!:)

Lily Lemon
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I mailed hokeycokey's pages yesterday and started on goodmorningstarshine's first page!

Lily Lemon
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Here's the first page for goodmorningstarshine!

fantasy firebird
12-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Wow at least 2 of you are up together!! How is everyone else doing with their pages? they should be getting ready to send this week (sheesh I need to get mine created as well LOL)

isisjean
12-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope to get mine out (to Lily) by Friday!

goodmorningstarshine
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Life is hard when you're broke. I'm making all my family and friend's xmas gifts, which is taking forever. I'll mail by Sat.

isisjean
12-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Hokey, I received your pages in the mail and they are beautiful!! Thank you!

isisjean
12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Lily, I have yours done and hope to get them in the mail tomorrow or maybe today if I am lucky! :yes:

hokeycokey
12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Hokey, I received your pages in the mail and they are beautiful!! Thank you!

I'm glad they arrived and that you are happy with them! ;)

hokeycokey
12-06-2008, 05:08 PM
received my pages from LilyLemon today - they are fabulous, I love them, so thankyou very much for your hard work x

Lily Lemon
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Glad they made it safely!

I got lovely, funny, clever pages today from isisjean. Thank you! I love them!

goodmorningstarshine
12-07-2008, 02:43 AM
In the eleventh hour, and Crystal and the Arnold, MO post office score a touchdown with seconds to spare!

I mailed round two pages and made a sports reference I don't understand all in one day! Go me! Now they just have to fly across the ocean...

fantasy firebird
12-12-2008, 12:38 PM
well here are the pages for alteredmommy - yet another set that have had me pulling my hair out LOL Do hope they are what you hoped for!

hokeycokey
12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
lovely page ff - i especially like the first. i'm ashamed to say that i haven't even started thinking about your pages for this month. your theme of 'inspiration' is very poignant as i don't have any at all at the moment! i'm very worried about my job as the company has been closing stores every day and the receivers are coming in next week. don't know even if we'll be paid this month.

Lily Lemon
12-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I finished Goodmorningstarshine's second page and I'm reposting a scan of the first since no one noticed it when I posted it before!:( I think it's quite cute!

hokeycokey
12-14-2008, 01:45 PM
oh lilylemon - i'm so sorry nobody commented on your first page.....i thought it was beautiful (and so is your second!) xxxx

goodmorningstarshine
12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I like them very very much! I'm sorry I didn't comment. I've not been on the site regularly for a while, and I guess I missed it. I love your both of my pages; my book is going to be fabulous!

Lily Lemon
12-15-2008, 11:17 AM
It's ok! I think I posted the scan and then there was a flurry of other posts, so I think it got lost in the shuffle!

goodmorningstarshine
12-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Guys, I've noted a problem. A pretty big problem.

I've been a very bad girl, and I fear you are all going to hate me.

I am almost ready to send out my round 3 pages, so I was looking at the spreadsheet yesterday to find out where I would be sending them to. I glanced at my address, and it's wrong. I was married at the end of May. The address is my new address with my husband, but the zip code is my old home address! I didn't notice anything before because I received hokeycokey's pages with no problem, but I must have written down the wrong zip way back when. The correct one is 63010.

I feel so awful about this. I'm sorry guys. Lily Lemon, I really hope you haven't mailed yet. If you have, maybe the post office will come through for us again...

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Lily Lemon
12-25-2008, 01:18 AM
I have mailed but if it comes back, I'll send it again. No worries! Life's too short!

goodmorningstarshine
12-25-2008, 09:55 AM
So you don't hate me? :wubclub:

(How do we not have a smiley that's batting it's eyelashes hopefully? Sheesh!)

Lily Lemon
12-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't hate you! :) It seems like an easy mistake to make!

goodmorningstarshine
12-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Alteredmommy, I did receive them, yesterday. I received Lily Lemon's the same day, so my zip code snafu did not completely destroy our circle!

I loved both sets of pages. I really love how you made the clouds behind your dragon; that's a really cool technique that I look forward to "borrowing" in the near future.

hokeycokey
12-28-2008, 07:42 AM
oh dear...is it that time already? I really need to move with FF's pages! fortunately we are both in the uk so mailing time should be pretty quick....please be patient with me if they are a little late FF.....bloomin' xmas....my routine is completely disrupted!

fantasy firebird
12-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Your pages haven't come back to me yet goodmorningstarshine, hopefully they will show up on your end as its been 3 weeks since I sent them. Since I just now uploaded them to my gallery here's a little preview....
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/814/small/1_hpqscan0001.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/814/small/1_hpqscan0002.jpg

Oh wow I love those pages!! You are all putting me to total shame on this group!!

isisjean
01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Happy New Year everyone!! I will get the icon art pages next week!

isisjean
01-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Cheryl, I will get your pages out tomorrow!

hokeycokey
01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Happy 2009! I finally finished Fantasy Firebird's pages and will mail them this week.

fantasy firebird
01-08-2009, 06:16 PM
so how are we all doig for this months pages??? I have to admit to only having done one page so far!! Son arrived home from the USA on 2nd Jan and informed us he is going back!! So what with him and back to work, never mind Xmas as well I have to admit that no art has been done! Are the rest of you doing better than me??

Lily Lemon
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I mailed Isisjean's pages early. They're due for the Feb 1 mailing. I'm sorry to send ahead of schedule but I have some other things that will keep me busy in the coming months so I'd rather send early than late. If you're ready for a peek at your pages, Isisjean, let me know and I'll post!

goodmorningstarshine
01-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I am still planning to mail this week, next week at the latest. I think they're done (I'm still not completely satisfied) but I hate going to the post office.

isisjean
01-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Thank you Lily Lemon for the fun pages for my "Good Life" scrapbook! They arrived beautifully!

Lily Lemon
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Glad they arrived!

Lily Lemon
01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Are we supposed to be giving/receiving iTraders for this? Just wondering 'cause I think I've only gotten two out of four.Not that it really matters, just wondering :)

goodmorningstarshine
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't think I've gotten any, either. I'm not sure. I do think I"ve left I traders for everyone. If I haven't please let me know. I mailed your pages today, LIly Lemon!

Lily Lemon
01-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I didn't get itrader from you.

goodmorningstarshine
01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Thank you for letting me know. I know that I received yours the same day I did altered mommy's and I thought I gave I traders at the same time. I'm on it!

Lily Lemon
01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
It's not a big problem. I don't need more itraders to get into swaps or anything !:) Just checking that I understand what to do.

goodmorningstarshine
01-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Too late! I've already I tradered you! You can't reject my I trader now, mwah ha ha!

Lily Lemon
01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Got the pages, GMSS! Thanks so much -- they're so fun!

fantasy firebird
01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
How is everyone else doing for this months pages?? I have sat around waiting for inspiration for too long, I have to go with what I have LOL

goodmorningstarshine
01-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm so with you! I need to get to work on my Feb/mail first week of March pages. I used to only really do chunky pages, but I've been signing up for atcs recently, and doing way too much. The problem is that it takes so much less time to make atcs, it's easy to put bigger projects off. I need to buckle down!

goodmorningstarshine
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Alteredmommy, are you still binding yours on the top?

goodmorningstarshine
01-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Awesome. Maybe I'll try to do something a little different with yours...

goodmorningstarshine
01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
That's the way I like it. I'll keep you on your toes.

Lily Lemon
01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Here are Fantasy Firebird's pages. I know they aren't due until March 1 but I got really arty with having two weeks off at Christmas and just having a nine-day weekend (weekend, MLK, Jr. Day, birthday trip, another weekend).

In case you can't tell, the photo is of a landscape with a tree growing on the hill and another tree growing upside down out of the sky)

isisjean
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Alteredmommy, thank you so much for the "good life" pages! I love the green!

goodmorningstarshine
01-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I've almost ran out of January! I need to do my pages.

*sigh*

fantasy firebird
02-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!! Have at last completed my LATE pages for hokeycokey now to my Feb partner!!

goodmorningstarshine
02-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I did one yesterday and plan to do another today. Will mail sometime this week!

hokeycokey
02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Finished my 'Girl Power' pages (scan's are not brilliant, sorry). I'm so glad to be back on schedule again.

Lily Lemon
02-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Love 'em! :) I can't wait to see them in person!

hokeycokey
02-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Your pages were mailed today, lily lemon.....onto my final set now!

goodmorningstarshine
02-08-2009, 03:11 AM
I've finished my icon art pages...it's just a matter of that darned post office now...

fantasy firebird
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
just to let you all know i am away for a week. will hopefully be able to access internet at some point during the week. happy creating!!! have nearly completed my next set of pages.

isisjean
02-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Ah crap...I totally forgot last week was the first week and that some pages had to go out! I recently got hired to a new job (end of Jan.) so my schedule has been off. :sad:I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry Hokey...but, your pages will not get out until next week!! I will get them out Monday!!!
Stacey

Lily Lemon
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
I got Hokeycokey's paegs today! They're awesome!

hokeycokey
02-14-2009, 01:07 PM
glad they arrived safely!

fantasy firebird
02-23-2009, 11:52 AM
just catching up after being away. Did everyone receive their January pages and how are the Feb pages coming along??

goodmorningstarshine
02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
My Jan pages were mailed out on Thursday...They've been done, I just got to the evil post office then. Sorry it took so long; they should arrive soon.

isisjean
02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
I too have taken my time getting these mailed out, though not all was my fault: new job, sickness, an engagement...I will get your pages out today, Theresa, and will use Global Priority most likely!

hokeycokey
02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for letting me know isisjean - I can't wait to see them! It seems you've had a really busy few weeks!

Lily Lemon
02-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you Lily Lemon for the fun pages for my "Good Life" scrapbook! They arrived beautifully!

FF, can you update first post? Thank you!:)

fantasy firebird
02-24-2009, 03:44 PM
sorted!!:laugh:

goodmorningstarshine
02-24-2009, 08:13 PM
I wonder how many times I've mentioned how much I hate the post office during this cj? I'll go count.

goodmorningstarshine
02-24-2009, 08:16 PM
5 times. It seems that my hatred of the post office has steadily increased during the past five months, too.

fantasy firebird
02-25-2009, 10:33 AM
lol poor you - mind you I haven't found much to make me smile about the postal service here recently!! But then have I not received things because they were sent and west missing or because they were never sent and the person concerning is blaming the post office?

goodmorningstarshine
02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I've wondered about that. I've never had anything I mailed or anything mailed to me not arrive, although sometimes it takes quite a while. I just don't like going to the post office.

Last Thursday I spent 4 hours packaging up all my swaps with returned envelopes, got halfway to the post office and realized I left alteredmommy's CJ pages on my dresser. I turned around and went home because they were so late, but things like that always seem to happen when I go there. I need to just package things up as I finish them so it won't take so long to do them all together, then I won't get so frustrated.

fantasy firebird
03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=27663039&prev=1
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=27663024
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=27663045
http://www.fromcoasttocoastcreations.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=27663045
ok goodmorningstarshine got carried away and you have a choice of 4 pages!! couldn't upload to site think the files were too big so have liked to my website let me know which ones you'd like!!

goodmorningstarshine
03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Wow, that's service with a smile! Thank you so much for giving me a choice. I would love the fairy ( I LOVE that fairy) and the mermaid, please!

hokeycokey
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
4 pages????? you're just showing off now lol!
They are all lovely FF, your artwork is REALLY good!

goodmorningstarshine
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
alteredmommy...I sent your icon art pages around 2 weeks ago now. Have you received them yet? Please let me know when you get them, thank you. :cute:

fantasy firebird
03-02-2009, 04:20 AM
4 pages????? you're just showing off now lol!
They are all lovely FF, your artwork is REALLY good!

Showing off!! LOL I'll tell the truth now ........for some reason I got it into my head that both GMSS and isisjean wanted fantasy and as I am better at that theme at the moment I decided to do them all at the same time....only to realise when looking for the addresses that isis had a different theme LOL
Extra pages anyone ????

isisjean
03-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Hokey, please let me know when the pages arrive. And, I do apologize for their delay!

Firebird, great pages!

I'm already stewing your fantasy pages, Goodmorning, and I know I am going to have fun with it!!

fantasy firebird
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
GMSS pages sent off today!!!

fantasy firebird
03-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I am so pleased with how this group has gone along. OK so a few of us have been late (myself included( but we are all in the same month for sending out and there hasn't been anyone flake out!! Brill girls!!

goodmorningstarshine
03-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Yep! I plan to go to the evil post office tomorrow, so I am working hard on Hokeycokey's pages this evening. I drew some rather creepy pics at work today, so it's shouldn't be too hard to bring it all together!

hokeycokey
03-03-2009, 10:45 AM
I got isisjean's pages today! they are great - thankyou so much!
Need to get on with the last set now I've caught up with some swaps...

goodmorningstarshine
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
I mailed out my last pages today! They've just got to fly over the ocean now, and my circle journal obligations are complete. Thank you all for playing with me!

hokeycokey
03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
received my super-creepy pages from goodmorningstarshine today! they are great...will have nightmares about Emily's dolly lol!
thanks so much:cool:

fantasy firebird
03-09-2009, 04:33 PM
last pages went out today!! yay - finished LOL

Lily Lemon
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
FF-- I'm pretty sure you already told me you received my pages but I don't see it in the first post. Let me know!:)

fantasy firebird
03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
FF-- I'm pretty sure you already told me you received my pages but I don't see it in the first post. Let me know!:)

yes I have received them, I knew there was something else I needed to do!!

Lily Lemon
03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks! I was pretty sure we'd already talked about it but I got a simking feeling for just a brief moment there!:)

goodmorningstarshine
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Alteredmommy, I'm glad you like them...I know you said you like it when things don't line up, so I thought it would be up your alley. Scanner's dead, or I would scan everything.

Hokeycokey, I'm glad you like your pages too. I was pretty creeped out by them myself.

Fantasy Firebird, I received your fabulous CJ pages! I loved them, and that fairy is even cuter in person. Thank you!

hokeycokey
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
alteredmommy - your pages will be mailed in the morning!
It's been great knowing you all for the last few months...thank's for all your hard work xx

fantasy firebird
03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
how is everyone else coming along??are we nearly finished??

isisjean
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi Fantasy,

I got your pages! Thanks, they are fun!

To the lovely lady who wants those fantasy pages, shame on you, :jiggy: for picking a great topic!!! :)

I am having so much fun getting your pages done, but it is so slow going because of all that I am doing. I will let you know when they are mailed! I am sorry they are coming so late. I am doing something with thorned vines, all twisted and wrapped within each other (hand drawn, which is why it is taking so long, sketched, inked, colored!) and will have fairies within the thorny bushes. I may add some flowers...maybe a little embossing to sparkle up the page. Anything you are especially interested in having?

Stacey

fantasy firebird
03-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Fantasy,

I got your pages! Thanks, they are fun!

To the lovely lady who wants those fantasy pages, shame on you, :jiggy: for picking a great topic!!! :)

I am having so much fun getting your pages done, but it is so slow going because of all that I am doing. I will let you know when they are mailed! I am sorry they are coming so late. I am doing something with thorned vines, all twisted and wrapped within each other (hand drawn, which is why it is taking so long, sketched, inked, colored!) and will have fairies within the thorny bushes. I may add some flowers...maybe a little embossing to sparkle up the page. Anything you are especially interested in having?

Stacey

glad they arrived safely!! I enjoyed making the fantasy pages as well - comfort zone I guess LOL

goodmorningstarshine
03-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Fantasy,

I want what you're making, of course! :)

isisjean
03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Okay, so I finally got the vine work done on your pages, goodmorning, and have two fairies sketched out! I am pluggin' along! I will be in touch!

goodmorningstarshine
03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Take your time! The thing that always stresses me about trading is getting what I make out, I've got all the time in the world to wait for the goodies to come in. Thank you for keeping in touch, though. :)

hokeycokey
03-25-2009, 06:25 PM
alteredmommy - have my pages arrived yet? I know post to Canada can take a while but it's been 12 days now and I'm a bit worried.

fantasy firebird
03-25-2009, 06:53 PM
what is the news with the final few pages left??

hokeycokey
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
your pages have arrived hokeycokey!! I loooove the shiny gold paper on your gorgeous drawings, thank you so much :)

I'm glad you like them - it's been a fun few months! Thanks to everyone in the CJ group for their hard work (especially Fantasy Firebird for being super organised!)

Lily Lemon
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
here's my last pages for LilyLemon before I get them packaged up to ship, thanks for your patience Lily!

Love 'em! I can't wait!

Lily Lemon
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I got alteredmommy's fabulous pages! Thank you so much!

isisjean
04-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Apparently, I am the last straggler? Shame on me!

I will get your fantasy pages, goodmorning, out by Saturday, ideally tomorrow! I got sick, and my husband was REALLY sick, this week and have been either nurse or patient, depending...actually nurse and patient as he couldn't take care of me. :)

goodmorningstarshine
04-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not worried! I think they want to close our thread. ;)

It's be fine if you wanted to close up shop and I'll just wait for isisjean, firebird. No prob. :)

isisjean
04-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, Crystal, your pages are going out today by Priority Mail! I am done!

Thanks all for great pages!

Stacey

fantasy firebird
04-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not worried! I think they want to close our thread. ;)

It's be fine if you wanted to close up shop and I'll just wait for isisjean, firebird. No prob. :)

No it's ok I'll wait! It's like when the kids get older and go out, you never go to sleep properly until you know they are all home safely!!

isisjean
04-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Crystal...

Have you gotten your pages yet?

goodmorningstarshine
04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Whoops, I did and they're lovely! I'll Itrader you now

Feel free to close the thread, oh firebird!

fantasy firebird
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Thank you all for playing glad that you all enjoyed yourselves!