Pages : [1] 2

JoyFlower
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Due: December 31, 2008
Signup: Till Full
Withdrawal: December 1, 2008
Trade: 3/3
Participants: 20

**SWAP IS NOW FULL, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO START A WAITING LIST OR DO PERSONAL TRADES!**

Let's Make Pretty Mixed Media Girls!

This swap is an outcropping of the Mixed Media With Suzi Blu (http://suziblu.ning.com/)workshop, "Les Petite Dolls", which several site members are enrolled in. There is also great discussion in the SuziBlu Mixed Media Workshop (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5554)thread started by blueskysunburn.

CREATE:For this swap each participant should created three, 4x6" postcards, using the techniques from the workshop, with a pretty girl of your design as the focal element. Please use sturdy watercolor paper as your base, and use only flat/small embellishments. Seal your finished postcards with the finish of your choice (beeswax, gel medium, acrylic spray) to protect them in shipping and hold all the lovely layered elements in place. :yes:

You don't have to be enrolled in the workshop in order to participate, but I do ask that you familiarize yourself with the basic style and techniques...if you have questions feel free to ask!!

MAIL: Send your postcards, a large mailing label, and loose postage equal to your mailing cost. I will supply the return envelopes, and will cover postage for international players. PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Participants:
**0. JoyFlower
**1. ArteDar - These girls are sweet as candy!
**2. purplecat - pretty pretty postcards, first received! They are having a cuppa and telling me about their trip :)
3. Sally Ann - Withdrew from Swap
4. jetleg - HERE
**5. knesi07 - HERE
**6. Siena - HERE
**7. Summer5 - arrived, and they are glimmery, shimmery....
**8. katilady- sassy sweet little gals!
**9. meganspaperstudio - lovely lovely ladies
10. cazfun - never heard back
**11. seekingforart - very special friends making the other girls welcome
**12. coffeelatte - sweet cindy style girls!
**13. corrie04 - pretty gals, encouraging conversation
**14. Lise Bu - 2nd set in the door, and absolutely delightful!
**15. VintageGlimmers - Perfectly Pretty and Precious!
**16. Jitterbug - arrived in time for swapping!
17. betzzz - Singapore Sweeties adding extra international flair.
18. mitsib - HERE
19. CraftJunkie - Withdrew from Swap
**20. Rina - radient beauties warming up after the chilly trip

** Returns Received

altermyworld
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I cna't do this around Christmas i have two large swaps i need to do and make christmas presents.
ANg

JoyFlower
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry, ANg. We all love your work.

I know the timing won't work for everyone, but with two months before they are due, hopefully some will have time to play!

Maybe we can do another swap around this theme after the New Year, too. :)

Siena
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I would love to sign up, but not sure I can make the December deadline. January would be much more comfortable! I will pay attention to the signups and think about it.

purplecat
10-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Maybe you need to change the deadline Cheryl? It would be a shame if not everyone can play! Me I am in whatever!! I too have lots to do but can NOT resist!Put me on the list.

ArteDar
10-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh....I'd love to come play....but also wish it was a later date.....put me in dear and hopefully I won't have to withdrawal later. I HATE when I have to pull out after signing up!!!

JoyFlower
10-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Welcome, Karen and Dar!! I will put you on the list.

Yes, I am thinking I may need to change the due date....I was thinking two months seemed like a long time away, but maybe not with the holidays....

Would pushing the mailing deadline to January 15th help everyone??

Siena
10-07-2008, 02:40 PM
YES, please! :)

knesi07
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
if you change the deadline, let me know. i'm not taking on any new swaps that are due this year. after the new year, yes. so if you change the deadline till january sometime, i'm in

SallyAnn
10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
May I join, please? I took Suzi Blu's class. Been having camera trouble so I can't post my girlies....too big for my scanner!

jetleg
10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi, I would like to play. I have pretty, pretty girls on the brain. I am really enjoying the workshop.

ArteDar
10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah.....great artists in the house! This will be a great swap for sure.

JoyFlower
10-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Hooray! Welcome Sally Ann and jetleg!! I am so excited that you are joining us! :jiggy:

I AM going to move the due date to January. We want as many people as possible to play! I have changed it in the heading, but will have to ask a mod to fix the title for me.

Will PM the other dolls who posted above to confirm if they are joining with new date.

So pleased that our own pretty pretty artist ladies are coming to the party!! (That means all of you!!)

knesi07
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
yippee! i'm playing! gots lots of those pretty dolls spinning around in my head!:spinny::v_spin::spinny:

JoyFlower
10-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm so glad to say "Welcome knesi07!" - It's shaping up to be a great New Year Party!!

Siena
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Yay! I can breathe easier. Doesn't that phrase "January 15" sound so relaxed and peaceful? I love it. Can I sign up please?

JoyFlower
10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
:laugh: Oh, yes, Siena...very relaxed and peaceful...almost hypnotic...I am so pleased you are joining us! (and yes, you should go buy a lottery ticket!)

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Oh Lordy! Y'all are gonna think I have lost my mind, but the due date has been changed AGAIN! FIRM DUE DATE IS DECEMBER 31.

I can't extend to the middle of January, because the swap wouldn't be completed in time. Sorry! Please don't throw produce!

I hope you can all remain in the swap, but if it doesn't fit your schedule I will understand.

purplecat
10-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Joyflower I am still IN!!!

Siena
10-08-2008, 10:31 AM
*tosses some okra and fiddleheads at Joyflower*

Just for fun, though! I'm still playing. But if you change that due date one more time, it's gonna be a cabbage next! ;)

knesi07
10-08-2008, 11:58 AM
hahaha siena! good one, i'll throw the tomatoes!

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
This is the bestest group of kindhearted artists! Thanks so much for understanding, and for the supportive PMs I received. Glad to have you staying IN! Hopefully we will pick up a few more players as time goes on, but if not we've still got a party going on!

This is going to be fun!! I'm going to try to get some work done on my cards and get some art posted up in the thread. :)

Feel free to post WIPs - I love seeing how these develop!

**blows kisses to all!**

goatgoddess
10-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I plan on joining if you don't fill up - just got too much on my plate right now and need to get a head a bit - got goat babies coming in Dec so have to be sure I'll have time before I sign up :)

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I hope you are able to come back and join us after you "clear your plate". :) Sure would love to have you in the swap. Keep visiting us in the meantime!

Summer5
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, Suzi Blu atc swap, sounds great....I would love to be part of this. Thanks Joyflower for the thumbs up on your swap. Hugs, Jo

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
WooHoo! Welcome, Jo! (Just a little reminder that we are doing 4x6 inch postcards. ;))
Glad to have you aboard!

katilady
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I will give these a try. I joined her website, but haven't paid for the classes yet--next payday? She says they are up till Jan. Anyway, drawing scares the bejesus out of me. So if you want this frightened soul I will give it a shot.

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Aw, Kati...no need to be frightened! I know you will make something wonderful and uniquely kati! Really...I can't draw! But somehow this is working for me. :)

And even if you don't take the workshop, you can pick up a lot by reading the Suzi Blu workshop thread here. Blueskysunburn started it. There is a link in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for joining us!! :jiggy:

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
hahaha siena! good one, i'll throw the tomatoes!

Lol..I just saw this...I think I have some mozzerella and basil...Thanks for the tomatoes! I'll go make salad!

BTW - love that revised avatar!!

Siena
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
If you have mozzarella, tomato, and basil salad, you have to invite me over to share, 'cause that's my most favouritist salad in the world!

P.S. Did you see that other part about me pelting you with okra and fiddleheads? What're we gonna make with those, huh?

JoyFlower
10-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know about fiddleheads??? But fried okra is good! We could have it with the salad! Mmmm...

meganspaperstudio
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I would love to join! Megan

knesi07
10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
oooh add some black olives to that salad and i'm there too! hahah

glad you like the avatar joyflower! she really is a little devil, you know!

Summer5
10-09-2008, 11:09 AM
There's that puppy again, trying for more biscuits....trick or treat time....I think he needs a Suzi Blu friend, don't you...knesi07??

JoyFlower
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I would love to join! Megan

Welcome, Megan! So glad you've come to the party!

JoyFlower
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll have to think about this. I'm not taking the class; but I've seen all her videos on YouTube. Do you think that's familiar enough to participate?

Well, I certainly think you should give it a go! :) Basically we are looking for a pretty girl with the accessories and/or pet friends of your choice. Layer it up with paints, stamping, tissue, glitter. Seal it with beeswax or other sealer of your choice.

I haven't seen the utube videos...but that's the basics of what's done in the workshops. I'm going to post some WIPs, so maybe that will help too. Won't be able to do much of that till the weekend though.

JoyFlower
10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Heehee...you girls are making me smile...it's certainly feeling like a party here to me!

knesi07
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
There's that puppy again, trying for more biscuits....trick or treat time....I think he needs a Suzi Blu friend, don't you...knesi07??

dixie would LOVE a suzi blu furry friend...someone will have to make her one! :D

JoyFlower
10-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Okay - here's my starting point - just basic ink outlines on watercolor paper.
15463 15464 15465 15466

katilady
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I love those Pesto! I have been practicing faces and I cut my blanks.

I am thinking I want to build up layers of text and gesso, some of the text my own handwritten stuff, and then start layering on paints and glazes. Will this work for the swap as far as being suzi blu-ish enough?

seekingforart
10-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, I've seen a lot pretty girls faces lately, I may give it a go! Hopefully I come up with a pretty enough face!

JoyFlower
10-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Kati - it sounds wonderful! Layering mixed medias is the big thing! :) Can't wait to see what you do!

Martha - I have NO doubts at all about your ability to make pretty faces!

I may need that art juice later...we have an extended family gathering later this afternoon that may prove a bit trying...

JoyFlower
10-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Here they are again with a little color to face and hair - I will need to refine them further and add more detail - and paper dresses made from shopping bag, hymnal page, vellum and stationary.
15467 15468 15469 15470

ArteDar
10-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Here they are again with a little color to face and hair - I will need to refine them further and add more detail - and paper dresses made from shopping bag, hymnal page, vellum and stationary.
15467 15468 15469 15470

Man~O~Man!!!! You are really rockin' pretty lil' girls out.....now I know why you had to start this swap! I'm in mad love with PRETTY TOO!

Looks like a wonderful batch of fab artists are gathering here, I know I won't be sorry!:wubclub:

seekingforart
10-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Those are wonderful! Makes me wanna draw! already had some art juice hee, hee..:goofy: Had two glasses of GEWURZTRAMINER with some apples and chocolate hummmm that was so good , could never pronounce this word, until some one broke it down for me "girlsareminer" yay!

JoyFlower
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Lol...I can't say that one right, Martha, but I can drink it just fine! With apples and chocolate - sounds great!

Dar, you're a dolly yourself, so I know you are gonna make us some sweet sweet girls!

Cazfun
10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi Joyflower

Count me in please...I love your girls so far!!

Cheers

Caz

JoyFlower
10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Caz! Welcome! I am so glad you've joined us! :)

seekingforart
10-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Go ahead and sign me up! I can't resist!:v_spin:

JoyFlower
10-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm so glad your resistance has failed! :yes: Welcome to the swap!

JoyFlower
10-12-2008, 10:52 PM
We're over half full! This swap is slowly but surely filling up with the most delightful artists! *heart flutters happily* :jiggy:

katilady
10-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I agree, great artists--now I am really scared, lol!

seekingforart
10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Katilady... I'm scare of you! (laughing) in a good way! I just realized I'm #11 that's a my fav number it just goes with me! (find the answer in my profile)

ArteDar
10-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Katilady... I'm scare of you! (laughing) in a good way! I just realized I'm #11 that's a my fav number it just goes with me! (find the answer in my profile)

OOOOOoooooo.....I came ...I saw....and I KNOW!!!!! 11 is a wonderful # for YOU!
Love your art too.

JoyFlower
10-13-2008, 10:29 AM
OOOooooooo indeed! #11 - perfection for you!

coffeelatte
10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Add me, please...

I haven't signed up yet for the class, but how can I resist this?

JoyFlower
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Thrilled that you are joining us, Cindy!! :)

katilady
10-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Anyone have tips for making the faces? Havent been able to afford her class---yet! Fingers crossed!

Siena
10-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Ooooh, I'm all ears for the tips, too!

seekingforart
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
So that makes three with me. I need all the help I can get!:unsure:

seekingforart
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, here is my first attempt to draw a pretty girl... It took a lot of erasing:spinny:

knesi07
10-13-2008, 06:00 PM
oh, but she is very pretty. worth all that erasing

seekingforart
10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
well thank you! Let's see what else I can come up with... I haven't taken any classes with Suziblue just what I've seen posted here.

katilady
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
She looks awesome. My attempts are pathetic!

katilady
10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Can't say I am not trying!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_PrettyGirl_Practice1.jpg

I want real feedback, not just 'that looks pretty' feedback, lol! :D

seekingforart
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Katilady...do you need some art juice? I know you can do it...I'm making progress as I'm drinking my second glass and drawing my second girl! Wait a minute one girl per glass ummmm!:laugh: Any way I'm not sure about the bunny this is just my sketch anyway!

katilady
10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I love her face and hair! And arms too! All the areas i suck at! Yours looks delicious! Seriously! Maybe I do need some art juice. :P

knesi07
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
katilady, one thing i noticed right away is that her arms should come from her shoulders, not her boobs...hehe (no, i'm not laughing at you, i'm laughing w/you). you could also put her legs closer together. i love the fancy purple dress

seekingforart
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Can't say I am not trying!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_PrettyGirl_Practice1.jpg

I want real feedback, not just 'that looks pretty' feedback, lol! :D

Somehow I miss her when I posted! hee! hee! yeah her arms are a little out place!

seekingforart
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Last one for the night! Where is Ms Pesto... girly...girl... HELLO! Ms hostess... we would like some feedback to see if we are going on right track! I've been passing the ART juice to Captain, that's all I can do for her since I didn't take any of Suzyblu's classes.....:laugh:

katilady
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
LMAO! You crack me up!

JoyFlower
10-13-2008, 10:59 PM
I haven't had time today, but I will try to look up some resources and post them.

Here are a few basics about "suzi type faces"
-eyes spaced so that a third eye would fit right between them
-iris of the eye should be like a circle with a little of the top sliced off
-a little nose evenly centered and down from the eyes
-mouth aligned directly under nose without too much space between
-mouth shaped kind of like a letter "M" with an elongated "U" underneath and a little line between them
-round the face outward from just outside the eyes and taper in to under the mouth
dont give them much of a chin (this make face look rounder and younger)
- shade the edges of the face, under the eys, under hairline, and a little under nose and lips
- keep nose area very light so it give the illusion of protruding

Not that mine exactly seem to look like that! :laugh:

JoyFlower
10-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Last one for the night! Where is Ms Pesto... girly...girl... HELLO! Ms hostess... we would like some feedback to see if we are going on right track! I've been passing the ART juice to Captain, that's all I can do for her since I didn't take any of Suzyblu's classes.....:laugh:

OMG! Your girls are SO PRETTY! They totally put mine to shame!
I tried to write up some "tips" but I think YOU should do that !! Teach me...:notworthy:

I know there are other's who have signed up for this swap who can share some tips too!

JoyFlower
10-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Okay - I'm going to the kitchen for the art juice right now!

Kati - I think you are doing fine. Just keep practicing. Go to the suzi site, and just look through the photos people have posted. Especially look for the sketches - you'll get lots of ideas that way. And remember that the whole look changes whe you start layering things. :)

JoyFlower
10-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Another step - just took a pic of them all together - they are too damp to put on the scanner.

Added some text, Stewart Gill Paints (when thinned, they remind me of twinkling H2O's) which are nice and sparkly, darkened some details, added a little more depth with the watercolor pencils, and some glaze pen accents...

...but not done yet...

katilady
10-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Great tips Pesto, thank you!

seekingforart
10-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Another step - just took a pic of them all together - they are too damp to put on the scanner.

Added some text, Stewart Gill Paints (when thinned, they remind me of twinkling H2O's) which are nice and sparkly, darkened some details, added a little more depth with the watercolor pencils, and some glaze pen accents...

...but not done yet...

Yours are wonderful!... What are you talking about Willes?....I don't have those paints, can I use some of lumiere paints thinning them out with "JUICE" I mean ..."GLAZE". Would that work?

seekingforart
10-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Okay - I'm going to the kitchen for the art juice right now! :)

Now I see what's wrong with you gals, don't have a plan...Once I get going ain't no walking to the kitchen, I have a small fridge next to my desk full of ART Juice. ;)

purplecat
10-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Here are my postcards of pretty girls;

I just got to seal them, not sure if I am going to beeswax yet. It was strange using paper again after wood, I missed the woodburning and you can get the face so much smoother on wood. Hope these are ok?

JoyFlower
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Martha - lumiere's would work great. Everyone should use what they have. I bought all kinds of stuff for the workshop, about half of which I could have improvised without. No need for that! (But I am having fun trying new things out!) :)

Karen - those are gorgeous! Such pretty faces! I'm especially loving the colors of that third one. :yes:

Siena
10-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I LOVE THEM!! So wonderful! :wubclub:

katilady
10-14-2008, 10:30 AM
OK Pesto, what do I have to do for Karen's redhead??? I collect those you know! They are gorgeous Karen!

knesi07
10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
great job karen!
you guys are making me feel like i need to get going!
great tips joyflower! i can't think of anything to add, you covered all the basics

seekingforart
10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Great job karen! Those pretty girls are gorgeous!

purplecat
10-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Geeh thanks everyone, I got on and got them done as I am off on holiday to Florida on Fri, so didn't want to leave them until I got back.

corrie04
10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I haven't taken the workshop, but I just sketched out a girl and am pleased with the results, so please sign me up.

*gulp*

JoyFlower
10-14-2008, 04:04 PM
OK Pesto, what do I have to do for Karen's redhead??? I collect those you know! They are gorgeous Karen!

Hmmmm....I'll have to think about this one...

Have a great Holiday, Karen! I hope you get to do something fabulous!

JoyFlower
10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I haven't taken the workshop, but I just sketched out a girl and am pleased with the results, so please sign me up.

*gulp*

Welcome, Corrie! No worries - I've seen your work - you'll do great with this!

corrie04
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm glad that you have faith in me.

I actually drew all 3 of my girls on pcs of scrap paper at work. (2 of them during lunch... and the other one... *whistling innocently*... ummm... during break. Yah, that it's. During "BREAK.")

I'll do the backgrounds and transfer the sketches in the next couple of weeks. I'll post scans when I have time.

knesi07
10-14-2008, 08:07 PM
corrie-
you could always just cut the girls out of the scrap and it would be an added layer!

JoyFlower
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
What a clever idea!!

seekingforart
10-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Following knesi07's advice I've been working on my background for prettygirl02, not done yet just showing my progress :cute:

Siena
10-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow! Love that background!!

JoyFlower
10-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Oooohh! Very nice! I can tell that this swap is going to produce some very lovely art. :)

corrie04
10-15-2008, 08:10 AM
corrie-
you could always just cut the girls out of the scrap and it would be an added layer!

Kathy - I was thinking about that last night. Great minds think alike! (You must be rubbing off on me! :))

knesi07
10-15-2008, 08:28 AM
haha corrie
nice background seeking for art...reminds me of starry night

Summer5
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Here my first try at a postcard...love this mixed media stuff...using everything but the kitchen sink...

knesi07
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
looks great summer, i love how many things you were able to fit on such a small space

katilady
10-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Woot! i get to start the class tonight--so excited! Maybe now my girls will look better!

seekingforart
10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
How lucky! I wish I had the time to take her classes....

JoyFlower
10-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Summer - I love that postcard - great layering!

Kati - you're gonna enjoy it!!

purplecat
10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Cheryl, I have just been to the post office, so my postcards are on there way. I look forward to catching up with this thread and see what everyone has been doing when I get back from my Holiday.

Siena
10-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I was wondering...
Would you prefer me to try to emulate Suzi's EXACT girls... with her particular noses and eyes and so on?
OR would you prefer me to do my cards in a Suzi style but also having my girls be somewhat MY style?

katilady
10-16-2008, 05:11 PM
I know you weren't asking me, but I think Siena mixed with Suzi would be AWESOME!

corrie04
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Siena -I agree with katilady.

(Especially since I haven't taken the workshop and my girls are going to be my style with a hint of suzi)

knesi07
10-17-2008, 08:27 AM
i think taking suzi's style and putting your own twist on it is great! that way you are making it your own! looking forward to seeing them. i cut my blanks yesterday...how's that for progress! hahaha

Siena
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for your input, girls! Siena-Suzi it will be!

JoyFlower
10-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree with what has been stated by the other players! (Thanks for chiming in gals!!)

We want "suziesque" art - each artists own style should shine through! It's more about the mixed media techniques. Incorporate your hand drawn girls with other elements like painting, collage, layering on gesso, etc.... :)

Lise Bu
10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
oh yes please - if i may x x

JoyFlower
10-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Welcome Lise Bu! So glad you are joining the fun!

VintageGlimmers
10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Now how did I miss this swap!!!??? Please, please, please sign me up for some pretty, pretty postcard swapping. :)

JoyFlower
10-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Hooray!! WELCOME to VintageGlimmers! :jiggy:

Only five more participants and the swap will be full!

Jitterbug
10-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Is there room for me? This looks like soooo much fun!

Lise Bu
10-18-2008, 04:52 AM
I've signed up for the workshop with SuziBlu - so hopefully I will get going soon.

JoyFlower
10-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Is there room for me? This looks like soooo much fun!

Of course! ;) Welcome Jitterbug!!

JoyFlower
10-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I've signed up for the workshop with SuziBlu - so hopefully I will get going soon.

I think you will enjoy the workshop. I need to catch up on a few other things first, then want to do some more projects on wood bases. It's really nice to work with.

Summer5
10-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Well girls, one postcard done, yeah....starting another....just love the layeing techniques I'm learning in the course. And like JoyFlower says, even though we are all doing a Suzi Blu creation, each one seems to take on the artists own creativity. That's what is so interesting about the class. "So much to do, so little time to do it!"

seekingforart
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Here are my three pretty girls!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/216/1_lowprettygirl01.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/216/1_low_pretty_girl02.jpghttp://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/216/1_lowprettygirl03.jpg

katilady
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I LOVE the flying one SFA! They are all beautiful!

knesi07
10-19-2008, 07:50 PM
i love all of them SFA! they are so much fun!

corrie04
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
absolutely beautiful, SFA!

ArteDar
10-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey gang! I LOVE what I'm seeing, SFA....FABULOUS....you really have it going on.

I have mine started....just the pencil sketch so far.

corrie04
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

knesi07
10-20-2008, 08:39 AM
dar-
they are all great! my fav is the last one holding the kitty. it reminds me of when my daughter was young and would drag my cat all over like that! hehe

katilady
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Dar those are wonderful! I like the last one best cause she is holding a kitty, but they are all wonderful!

coffeelatte
10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Seeking for Art - Your girls are so delightful! Gorgeous!

coffeelatte
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I just signed up this weekend for Suzi's workshop and am excited to start working on my girls soon!

JoyFlower
10-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Martha - I am in love with all of those pretty pretty girls!! :) I don't think I can pick a favorite!!! Can't wait to see them in person!

Dar - your girls have the sweetest style! Super cute, and maybe just a little mischief... I'm excited to see what you do next!

Lise Bu
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
This is my sketch for my first postcard. It has been hard - but I have enjoyed it.

JoyFlower
10-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Lise - I love her outfit!!

Lise Bu
10-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Finished article no 1 - just need to laquer her.

Scanner has not picked up the best bits - she is very sparkly.

JoyFlower
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Darling!! And I love spakly. ;)

Lise Bu
10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Sketches for girls 2 and 3

ArteDar
10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Lisa....looks like you have a theme going on....I think it's wonderful....they all look beautiful!

I'm not really proficient with color pencils....I'm learning though and it's fun. The picture of them are way muted and bland from the scan....look better IRL. I had to revert back to my acrylic paints for the lil' socks though. I suppose I should go ahead and use the dang paints I bought special for this class. I'll really be stepping out of my box when I start to go all sparkly....look out....this antique primitive gal is stepping up to the plate and going WILD!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Next is the scary part....adding layers and hoping not to mess it up....I'm sure all of you before me know that feeling, eh?! Keep your fingers crossed for me. ;)

Any feed back will be gratefully accepted. Thanx!

JoyFlower
10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I just want to squeal with delight with every new picture that's posted!!! :jiggy:

Everyone is doing such AMAZING work!! *blows kisses to all the wonderful artists!* I am in love with all the prettiness!

Lise Bu
10-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Dar - absolutely stunning. It's great to work outside your comfort zone at times. I just hope i'm doing it right. x

Lise Bu
10-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh I've just read that I should be adding accessories or a pet. my first lady has a hat, 2nd a crown and i'm sure I can think of something for the 3rd one - is this ok, or should I start again??

ArteDar
10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
NO Lise, don't start again.....keep going....you can add more as you go with the layering.....maybe draw and cut it out and then add it....that's what I'm going to do when I start my layering....I have to come up with a nice lil' saying ... then type, print and cut it up to add....I bet you'll think of something...don't stress, just have fun and get your imagination going! works in progress you know!

Lise Bu
10-21-2008, 11:01 AM
thanks dar - i'm really beginning to stress now. i've layered tissue paper as dresses for my ladies. What do people suggest about backgrounds??

Lise Bu
10-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Right - I've done my girls and my layering and I've added a little puss cat for my 1st girl. I think they are done now - just need to seal them?

JoyFlower
10-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Great advice from Dar!! :)

The backgrounds can include mutltiple paint layers, stamped images, glitter, bits of tissue or small cutout images...just look around and use the supplies on your table! Play! The focus of this swap is FUN. :)

JoyFlower
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Super cute girls, Lise. :) Yep, seal them with whatever you like...at least a fixative if there is an exposed pencil layer...with gel medium, or beeswax, or acrylic spray if you think they need something more.

JoyFlower
10-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Karen (purplecat) - Your gorgeous postcards have arrived and they are even prettier in person with their shimmering paint! Thanks so much for the extra postcard and the postage help. You're very thoughtful!

betzzz
10-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I have no drawing background. Just started to venture into drawing pretty girls on my own. No very good at it though. But I wish to try in this swap. Can I?

JoyFlower
10-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Hi, betzzz and welcome to the swap! I saw your mixed media girl ATCs in the gallery, and really like them. :)

Siena
10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh yes, your little blue haired girl is adorable, Betzzz!

betzzz
10-24-2008, 01:32 AM
:) Thank you. Both of them are my first attempt in drawing.

VintageGlimmers
10-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Everyone's little girls are so sweet!!! They are addicting once you start aren't they? :)

katilady
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
I am practicing my girls in my altered book/journal. Here is my 1st attempt at shading. Def a work in progress. I have blurred out most of the journaling but try to ignore what's left.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_alteredbook_prettygirl.jpg

JoyFlower
10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Awesome, Kati! I love her generous lips and her hair flying out behind her. :)

seekingforart
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
very pretty captain, she is lovely!

knesi07
10-25-2008, 09:45 AM
kati-
i love it. the writing from your journal adds interest and texture! great idea!
your shading is coming along nicely.

Lise Bu
10-25-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/320/small/3_Image__29_.jpg

Here is my third card - she is not quite finished yet - so it is WIP

seekingforart
10-25-2008, 03:08 PM
wow!... I love the colors....

JoyFlower
10-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree - great colors. :)

katilady
10-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone! It's so easy to get sucked into these girls!

Lise, I agree the colors are fantastic!

ArteDar
10-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I've added the stamping, German Glass Glitter, metal charms, crepe paper and chunkiness....still have to seal in bees wax or clear spray varnish.

Katie....I like what you're doing....looks like ya have this swap in the bag.....for real....What can't you do missy?! LOVE your lil' girl in your journal.....now why didn't I think of that?!

Lise.....you're lil' gals are all sassy and too cute!!

seekingforart
10-25-2008, 07:47 PM
ArteDar I love what I'm seeing! those are wonderful!

Lise Bu
10-26-2008, 05:10 AM
ah thanks so much ladies - this one really got my nerves jingling. The background is 2 different types of tissue paper - they are so yummy. great colours and lovely and shiny. i've sealed mine with decoupage varnish - unfortunately it has made some little bits smudge - but I think I have managed to rectify it.

JoyFlower
10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
What a fabulous group of artists! I am in love with that super sweet pink card, Dar - that girlie is CUTE!!!

Summer5
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey Kati love those lips on your petite doll....good work...I like it in the journal too....gives it a cool look

Summer5
10-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Love those girls Arte....Lise yours are great too....glad I joined this swap....so many great girlies being created here

mitsib
10-29-2008, 07:35 AM
id love to play along! is there a space left? its michelle you are doing my class, what a small world!
my suziblu page is suziblu.ning.com/profile/mitsi her class is fun fun fun
xxx:jiggy:

JoyFlower
10-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Hooray! I'm so glad you found us! :) I'm thrilled to have you join the swap, mitsib!

JoyFlower
10-29-2008, 09:12 AM
You all should check out Michelle's(mitsib) watercoulor class:
http://michellebrown.ning.com/profile/ASmilingGirl

It's so much fun!!
Michelle - there's also a discussion thread on here for people taking YOUR class. :)

I was just thinking last night that I need to combine info from your class with info from Suzi's...to up my mixed media game!

mitsib
10-29-2008, 02:17 PM
thaks cheryl, i had not realised there were so many of you from my class here!
i loved suzi's class and i love mixed media,
there's as discussion all about my class! oh im blushing.
xx

mitsib
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
what do i have to do for the swap? ive not done one for a while i have forgotten!!!

JoyFlower
10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi, Michelle - the details are in the first post of this thread, but basically, just make your 4x6 mixed media postcards(it's a 3 for 3 swap) featuring a pretty girl, and send them to me. I will swap them out, and you send you back three creations from other artists! Let me know when you're ready to mail, and I will send you a message with my address. :)

mitsib
10-29-2008, 02:53 PM
thanks ill get to work!:radar::jiggy:

CraftJunkie
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh, yes!!! Me, me...count me in...please???
I have only been in the Suzi Blu workshop for 2 weeks now but I am loving it so much and enjoying making the pretty girls....I would LOVE to be in on this swap.

JoyFlower
10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Welcome CraftJunkie! I am so glad you are enjoying the workshop and that you are joining the swap. :) Happy creating!!

:jiggy: I'm so excited with how this swap has filled up with terrific artists!

Rina
11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I've been eyeing this swap for awhile now...I've also been taking Suzi's class from the beginning...I've been neglecting making my pretty girls...I'd like to take the last spot if it's still available! THANKS!!

JoyFlower
11-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome, Rina! :) You are number 20, so this swap is now full! Yeah!

How is everyone else doing? Hope you are all having fun playing with your paper and pencils and paints!!!

Rina
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
THANKS!!! Looking forward to starting this one!!!!

CraftJunkie
11-02-2008, 11:33 PM
If you only knew how much fun I'm having with my pencils and colored pencils, gel and glazing medium, paints and stamps. I'm just having a ball!

coffeelatte
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I've been really pre-occupied with some work "stuff", but I've watched two of the lessons and started sketching. I am loving it so far!

JoyFlower
11-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I can't wait to see what the Cindy-Suzi art looks like!! Bet it will be fabulous! :D

katilady
11-11-2008, 02:54 AM
My 1st girl is finito! Yay! Here she is:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_postcard_bliss.jpg

JoyFlower
11-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I love that - you have the best "whimsey dark" style going on! :) Great colors too!

seekingforart
11-11-2008, 10:11 AM
wow! kati I really love her...the background is just perfect!

knesi07
11-11-2008, 05:39 PM
love her too, kati...great skull on dress!

katilady
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks ya'll! I wanted her to be sweet, but a lil saucy too! :D

Rina
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I thought I share...I got my girlies drawn...now for the fun part....

FYI-reason why Jenny has a heart with x6 is because this one is based on someone who I briefly knew in the past but recently I found out she was killed Oct. 9th and the killer is still out there...it's a horrible sad story how jenny's life turned out but she left behind 6 children-3 to 15.

Siena
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
They look great!

katilady
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
They look awesome Rina!

JoyFlower
11-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Those look wonderful, Rina! What a sad story about Jenny...sweet of you to remember her in your art. **big hugs**

katilady
11-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Postcard #2:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Postcard_Magda.jpg

Siena
11-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Kati, she's wonderful!

katilady
11-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks! I wish the scan showed more detail--I used deep impression embossing pwder randomly so there's a really cool texture to it.

AngelaMariex3
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
I love all of your cards!! I'm going to be trying this style over the next few weeks and If I can get some what decent results, hopefully I can take part in the next one!! :) Again, AMAZING work, everyone!!

Rina
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Okay got some problems now I know why I loved the woodburning part of the class so much. Much easier to shade on wood. So last night I started shading on the princess and ladybug one...total disaster....you know the whole graphite and watercolor pencils and blending...disaster. So I redrew the two using a watercolor pencil instead and hopefully this will be much better rather than do the drawing with pencil and having to worry about the graphite spreading and all.

Just wondering anyone else have this problem and how do you avoid it? THANKS ahead of time.

katilady-LOVE your girl!!!

katilady
11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I drew min with a micron pen and so far no problems! That doesn't sound like much fun, glad you able to rescue it!

Rina
11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
THANKS for the tip- do you first draw with pencil than go over with the pen? and than erase whatever pencil marks?

katilady
11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Yep, that's exactly what I do! And it works pretty well for me. After painting the background I sometimes have to redo the micron because it gets painted over in areas, but it doesn't smudge.

Rina
11-12-2008, 11:59 AM
THANKS I'm definetly gonna try that with the angel and baby girl ones...I hadn't touch those two since drawing the other two that I had to redraw.....I'll try with the watercolor pencil way if don't work I'll redraw and go your route. THANKS!!! I just want to get past the faces already...I love the decorating and embellishing part of it!!!

ArteDar
11-12-2008, 03:35 PM
GOOD~GOLLY....it's been awhile since I checked in here...you ALL are just doing beautiful art dollies...LOVE 'EM! I want them all for myself.....po' JoyFlower....how will you sort and swap these?!

JoyFlower
11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
LOVE what I am seeing from everyone!
Kati, that new one is delightful, and thanks for helping Rina with the smudge issue.
Rina - I'm sure everything will turn out pretty pretty! You're right shading on wood is much different...never would have known without this workshop. :)
Lise's cards are on the way...hooray! xoxo

Dar - you are so right! I'm just thrilled that I will have them all in my hands for a tiny time and able to see these beauties up close!!

VintageGlimmers
11-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I know! I haven't checked in awhile also and the girls being drawn and shaded and colored and painted are AWESOME!!!

Rina
11-16-2008, 12:22 AM
So here's an update.....I had to redraw two of the girls and outline with black marker like Katilady suggested..THANKS. Here's where I'm at for now....still have alot more work to do.

JoyFlower
11-16-2008, 03:04 AM
I love seeing these as they are developing, Rina! Really loving that one with the polka dot dress...it's fun to see the changes each added "layer" makes. :)

seekingforart
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
After all the travel I did...I came back home and I could not leave our hostess without a postcard for all her trouble... so here it is... I hope she likes it! I will be ready to mail sometime by the end of this week!

JoyFlower
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
OMG, Martha! She's WONDERFUL!!! Those pretty green eyes, and a party hat on the kitty! Clever use of ribbon too. **hugs** Your art is always amazing :notworthy:

seekingforart
11-17-2008, 07:17 PM
ty!:)

Rina
11-17-2008, 08:14 PM
What a cutie!!!

VintageGlimmers
11-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Martha - she is just gorgeous!

Rina - your pretty girls are getting even prettier the more you work on them. I love the polka dot girl with the bare toes - too sweet!

coffeelatte
11-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Seekingforart - Your newest girl makes me smile...she is SO beautiful!

coffeelatte
11-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Rina - The one with the polka dot dress is definitely my fave of the bunch, but you are getting the hang of it...I hope mine turn out as nice and varied as your's!

Rina
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
THANKS LADIES!

katilady
11-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Martha I just LOVE your girl and her kitty!

seekingforart
11-22-2008, 12:53 PM
ty :) Captain!

JoyFlower
11-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Lise Bu's pretty girls have arrived and are catching a wee nap after their trip. :) Thanks for the pretty fiber flower, in my favorite colors no less!

JoyFlower
11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Woot! ArteDar's FABULOUS postcards arrived today! Oh, ladies you would just drool over these seeing them in person!! German glass glitter, charms, beeswax...they are scrumptious indeed!!

Thank you Dar for the wonderful hostess gifts, the ATC is gorgeous and I love the "Buzy Bees" .... you need to share how you embelished this postcard, because I adore it!!

katilady
11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Last 2:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Postcard_Meow.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Postcard_Miel.jpg

JoyFlower
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
You used the SG paints didn't you, Kati? Aren't they yummy!!

These cards are terrific!!

katilady
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Yep, I love those Stewart Gill paints. I only have a few, cause they are so expensive!

Rina
11-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Gorgeous cards! I'm with you on the SG paints as well....only have a few but love em...and yes so expensive!!!

seekingforart
11-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Captain, gorgeous girls! Beautiful work everyone!
Ms Pesto, I haven't been able to get to the post office, I hurt my back so I'm moving very slow!

Jitterbug
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
All these girls I'm seeing are gorgeous. I am hoping they will inspire me. I feel like I'm at a road block right now. I have some drawings & I have added pretty papers to them, but not happy with them. :eek:

JoyFlower
11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, Martha - I am so sorry your back is hurting. :( Take care of yourself and feel better. You have PLENTY of time!

Don't worry Jennifer. Keep playing. They will come together. :)

Rina
11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm so frustrated ....I just want to scream!!!

I played today with my little girls, decided to work on the backgrounds some more. By this point I had them all dressed, face and skin painted, shaded etc. Well started to color the backgrounds in and total mess, most of my ink stamp images ran all over than parts where I had used mod podge of course can't color over and my faces after the shading and coloring with flesh tone and glaze...I'm not liking it......so its back to the drawing board and start all over...oh only one girl came out okay and that was Jenny. I wanted to scan them and show em all to you but right now just so mad, I'll do it ASAP.

On another note...I've had a petite girl on wood that I finally finished today. The face was to my liking alot...so than I thought should I beeswax this or not...decided to do it. First of all on the one side of the girls face....somehow when trying to apply blush to her face I lifted painted off...leaving like a white blemish, no matter what I did couldn't fix it....but everything else was perfect...so I decided to use this flourish type bird rubon I had on that cheeck...which turned out cute and solved that...now to the beeswax...never done it ever...so I'm doing it...putting my wax on then going over with the heating iron thingy...I start to go over the forehead part and now the black from the hair runs and now my girls forehead and nose is dirty and can't /don't know how to fix it.

I was really liking how this painting was turning out. I havent been able to do many this would of been my second complete one on wood. I'm just alittle tick but I tell myself " hey your a newbie at this-learn from your mistakes(sp?)" right?

another thing when you beeswax is it suppose to be clear like but sealed or is it cloudy and you see streaks etc? I like the beeswax holds everything but I don't really like the effect.

That's my rant. I'll have to post pics of my girls for this swap and definetly start over. By the way anyone here joining the goddess class...I sign up.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

JoyFlower
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh, Rina! I'm so sorry that you're having a struggle with things. I've ruined a few pieces that I really like before too, including one intended for this swap. But trial and error are really how we learn which mediums work together and which don't...I've only used beeswax for one piece on wood. It came out pretty clear, but not as smooth as I would have liked. I did wax over the face and it worked out fine...I think I sprayed it with fixative first...

I just made another set of postcards, and sealed them with wax, and I am liking how they came out. First time I used the wax on paper.

Any beeswax experts out there than can give us some good tips?

Rina
11-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks Joy. I'm gonna play and take it slow and work on some this weekend...I hope..LOL...still have a garage to clean out and a tree to put up....LOL. So right just have to learn from my mistakes and not be hard on myself I mean I'm still a newbie at this...LOL

corrie04
11-28-2008, 09:19 AM
I was watching the beeswax video yesterday, and I never saw her actually put any beeswax on the face. It seems like she would have to though, to give the surface a cohesive look.

ArteDar
11-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi gals....I'm not an expert and I certainly have had my mistakes to learn from in the past. I don't and Suzi doesn't put wax on the faces. After the wax is on as even as you can get it I take my heat gun and melt it again....this takes the lines out....but if the card stock is curly you have to move it around so you don't have puddles....it's still just a play thing....and I use a long pair of tweezer so I don't get burned....if there is too much wax you can also soak it up with paper towel.
As for the inks and pen lines running it's only a matter of making sure you use a permanent pen or ink.....then hit it with your heat gun to "set" the ink. There is nothing you can do to repair a spot where the paint has been lifted off except to paint it again....or like you did with the rub~on....try to cover it up....I might have given her a black beauty mark/mole....hey.....it works!
Thanks MissyJoyFlowerDarlin'....I'm glad you liked the entries. I'm not sure which one you are referring to about the mixed media layering....if it's the Buzy Bee.....that's a print....I'm keepin' the original 'cause it's my Oracle card....but much like the ones you have.

JoyFlower
11-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the hints, Dar! I have used the heat gun to take the lines out of the wax too. Works great - good hint about the long tweezers to keep the fingers safe!

I love the smell of the beeswax when it gets warmed up.

Yes, I knew Buzy Bee was a print, but it looks like maybe you added glitter then put clear adhesive(like laminate) over the top...it's really cool! :wubclub:

corrie04
11-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Yep... I just watched the video yesterday where she says that she doesn't put wax on the face.

Thanks for the extra tips artedar!! :notworthy:

corrie04
11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/477/medium/1_MMG-Thinking.jpgHere's my first girl. It scanned kinda funny and looks much better in person.

ArteDar
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
CORRIE....she's GORGEOUS!TRULY!!! The text stamping is sooooooo kewl....it looks like real pieces of papers applyed.....well done....love the blue hair....the lil' girl's position is very original.....this is sensational! make MORE!!!! I want one!!!!

seekingforart
11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh corrie, she is stunning! LOVE HER!:notworthy:

katilady
11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
She's great Corrie!

Siena
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Corrie, I adore her! Superfabuloso!!

JoyFlower
11-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Corrie, that is AMAZING! If it's prettier in person, then it is a real stunner, because I am impressed bigtime. :) It has such a great sense of "mood".

Keep the inspiration coming everyone!!

corrie04
11-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh yeah!!! I'm so glad that everyone likes her. All the pretty girls are so amazing.

I have my second one done. I'm just waiting on the gloss varnish to dry.

JoyFlower
11-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Ohh....can't wait to see it!

Jitterbug
11-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Such lovely work, everyone! :wubclub:

Here is what I have so far. Any help would be most welcome. I am not in the class and am just experimenting on my own. I feel stuck right now!

corrie04
11-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Jitterbug... you're definitely on the right track! I can't wait to see it with the colors and layers!

corrie04
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Okay, here's my second girl.

"Let's Skate"
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/477/large/1_MMG-LET_S_SKATE.jpg

seekingforart
11-30-2008, 06:20 PM
She is wonderful too! Oh you are killing me!

katilady
11-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Jitterbug I love how you added the music pages. If you want suggestions what I would do is add a layer of color and then maybe some swirly stamping and more color. I love the way you draw, BTW!

Corrie your 2nd girl is fab!

JoyFlower
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Jitterbug - I love what you've got going on...very pretty ballerina drawing...Kati's advice is right on target. :)

Corrie, that skater girl is too wonderful - love that vivid green! :)

I'm so excited that I get to see everyone's work in person!! Maybe I can steal some techniques. ;)

knesi07
12-01-2008, 09:58 AM
i my opinion, artedar is the one to listen to when it comes to waxing. i rec'd a 4x4 from her (georgie porgie, for those of you who do the nasty nursery rhyme swap) and it is waxed to perfection! she is the master....:notworthy:

corrie...love your girls...they are fantastic as always!

my thumbnails are done and i have this project on my list for this week. i love making these girls, sometimes life just gets in the way though....*sigh*

coffeelatte
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Corrie04 - The colors you're using are wonderful, and that first purple-y girl is adorable!

Wanted to let you know that I'm off to California for work this week, and probably won't have regular interent until the 7th. I hope to work on my girls in the evening, since I'll be sitting in a hotel room by myself for several days (sniffle...)

The plus side is that next Saturday I'll visit my mom and we're going to two of my favorite paper-crafting stores! Yippie!

JoyFlower
12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I will be excited to see your cards when they are done, Kathleen - I know they will be special too! Isn't it annoying that we can't play all the time?? ;)

Safe travel and happy shopping, Cindy!

CraftJunkie
12-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Please withdraw me from this swap. I have had so many bad experiences here at AFA that I am not going to be doing anymore swaps or trades here. I mail out and only about 2/3 of the time have I received back. I give.
Good luck to all of you.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Siena
12-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear that, Barb. Have you contacted the missing trades? Sometimes the one-on-ones can take awhile, but they almost always come through eventually. Out of all of my trades, there is only one that I think may never come, and she is very rarely on the site. I hope your trades come through.

JoyFlower
12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
So sorry to hear that you have had negative trading experiences, Barb. :( I have been fortunate, and most of my trades have gone very well. Thanks for letting us know that you are leaving the swap. We'll miss you and your art!

knesi07
12-02-2008, 10:43 AM
barb- i'm sorry to hear you're leaving too. i have to say, my experiences at this site have been great! i belong to other sites where i have experienced missing cards, that is one of the reasons i came over here. i feel like the itrader and rep points hold you somewhat responsible. good luck!

knesi07
12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
yes, joyflower it IS annoying that i can't just sit day after day, night after night and indulge in art. oh well, maybe in the retirement years, if i ever get to retire, that is!

seekingforart
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
my postcards went bye, bye this evening!

VintageGlimmers
12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I've been making some sketches for my girls. It's TOUGH making them 4x6!!! I just keep telling myself that it will be really easy to shade such little faces right? :spinny: