PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st Zentangle-a-thon January 10, 11 & 12, 2009

CattyCat
12-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Our 1st Zentangle-a-thon January 9, 10, & 11 2009

Welcome to our first ATC Zentangle-a-thon . . . . It is open to everyone . . . .

We start 5 p.m. Friday 9th of January 2009 (where ever you are on this planet when it is 5 p.m. Friday)

We stop 11 p.m. Sunday 11th of January 2009 (where ever you are in the world when it is 11 p.m. Sunday)

It would be nice if each ATC you make is a Zentangle. Zentangles are basically repetitive line drawn shapes/designs, created in a concise flowing manner. It is drawing done by creating a connection between your hand holding the pen and your eye looking at the paper. Try to leave your brain/thoughts out of it as much as possible. Just allow it to happen, do not force it. It is a lot of fun!! You are free to do your version of a Zentangle . . . . just create and have fun, do good work, and create at a peaceful pace. Here is a website www.zentangle.com. They do square ones, but we will be doing regulation ATC size.

No collage, no stamping, no embellishments.

Please post pics in this thread as you do your Zentangles. It is nice to see others zentangles so we can all enjoy the wonderful art . . . so we can be inspired by your work . . . and ultimately so we can all trade with each other.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone does.

This event is on the Calendar, so you can request a reminder.

__________________________________________________ __

How to use the AFA calendar to remind yourself of a ZAT, CAT, SAT, swap due date, etc.

~Top of the AFA screen, on the cross bar, click on Calendar,
~Scroll to the bottom to small January calendar - click on the word January.
~Click on th ZAT on the 9th of the month.
~Top right, click on Request Reminder for This Event
~Drop down shows options. Click on one that suits you.
~The reminder will show up in your email box like gallery comments do.

dixiebuggie
12-27-2008, 09:25 PM
cool idea! Sign me up. :jiggy:

poeticpaper
12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Woohoo! Fabulous!

Cheery
12-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Sounds great!

RoOskie
12-27-2008, 09:47 PM
You're know I'm gonna be there!!! Woot!!!:wub::yes:

CattyCat
12-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow, getting quick responses. So fun. I can't believe I hadn't thught of this before. Invited about 100 peeps. If you know people outside Chattys Zentangle group who do Zens, be sure to spread the word.

TherapyArtist
12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Is the method spelled out somewhere? Can we see examples? I think I've seen some. Do you prefer them on a dark background or light? If you can hook me up to a site or forum that describes it, then I will join. How do I use the calendar to remind me? And would you like to join my swap in return? (Toys That Should NEVER be Marketed - a chunky page swap) I guess those are the questions.

goatgoddess
12-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the pm on your Zentangle-a-thon! looks fun!

margie - love your icon - you can do as many or as little as you want

CattyCat
12-27-2008, 10:51 PM
There are no rules as to how many Zens you do. Some may do 1 in 3 days, some may do 10 in 1 day. Do as many as you do and participate part or full time. But since it is 3 days I highly recommend getting some sleep a couple times.:laugh:

MACE
12-27-2008, 11:03 PM
zentangle.com for those needing insight.

MACE
12-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Is this a swap or just put em in your gallery thing?

CattyCat
12-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Is the method spelled out somewhere? I did describe the process in the first post below. If you need more Google Zentangles. They are all over the web. Can we see examples? Go look through the Zentangle Social Group. Lots of examples there. I think I've seen some. Do you prefer them on a dark background or light? White background is traditional. If you can hook me up to a site or forum that describes it, then I will join. How do I use the calendar to remind me? At the top of the screen, see where it says Calendar, click on it, scroll to the bottom to the little January and click on the word January. Then click on th ZAT on the 9th. On the right in blue letters it says "Request a reminder" It will drop down some options. Click on one that suits you. The reminder shows up in your email box like gallery comments do. And would you like to join my swap in return? (Toys That Should NEVER be Marketed - a chunky page swap). Thanks for your invite Mary but I only do ATCs. Fun subject though. I guess those are the questions.

response in red

MACE
12-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm going to have to stay non-commital on this I have no idea what I'm doing the 10th-12th of Jan yet. Things are so up in the air for me right now.

xraypinky
12-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the invitation - I am not going to be able to participate, as I will be at the mercy of the hospital that weekend - I'm working and on call too- no time for fun that weekend, *boo*

CattyCat
12-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Is this a swap or just put em in your gallery thing?

You post the Zen ATCs you do here in the thread as you do them. You also put them in your Available gallery and then you watch what others post. You then ask for trades when you see one you like.

CattyCat
12-27-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm going to have to stay non-commital on this I have no idea what I'm doing the 10th-12th of Jan yet. Things are so up in the air for me right now.

There is no need for commital like in swaps. You just create at home and have fun. If you decide at the last minute to go shopping instead no one knows. :cute:

Els
12-28-2008, 02:02 AM
I am up to my eyebrows just trying to get some swaps finished up and sent by their deadline in Jan/Feb (hi, Rooskie), but my creative juices have either dried up or have been turned into sludge by all the snow here, so I think a Zentangle-A-Thon might be just the think to kick this engine back into gear. Short answer: sign me up, babe!

Genxster
12-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks for inviting me! I'd love to participate!

anne
12-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Thanks for thi invitation! i will be joining in.

CattyCat
12-28-2008, 02:34 AM
This is going to be great. Getting lots of wonderful artists here. Fun fun!

Bright-Spark
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Like that new avatar CattyCat!

I will try to pop in that weekend, I can't promise to be a-thoning, but I will try.

Nataliee
12-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, a weekend of Zenning sounds wonderful - been a little washed out lately and look forward to getting back into my art!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Robin
12-28-2008, 07:47 PM
This should be fun! May not be able to participate all weekend but I will do some!

chatty
12-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the invite be looking forward to it...

Question: Are these to be BLACK n WHITE only?

mrubyjean
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I've never made a zentangle before...they amaze me...can anyone recommend a favorite website that might explain as to how a beginner might get started?

TherapyArtist
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
mrubyjean....apparently there is. See my question above. I will have to look for it myself. I hope you join. Then too lost people will be here!;) I looked...www.zentangle.com is the best place to go. Fast and has examples. You need Micron pens and heavy duty artist paper. And pencils for shading if so desired.

GALZART
12-28-2008, 10:44 PM
If you go to the Gallelry here and use the Search....Zens or Zentangles you will find a lot of excellent examples...also join us here in the Zentangles With A Twist Social Group. chatty provides a theme for a Zen Challenge every week.

chatty
12-28-2008, 11:55 PM
TherapyArtist you do not have to use heavy duty paper. Any kind of paper that you draw on can work. I just use Art Drawing Paper then I back it with card stock. As for pen, any fine point pen will work also if using an ink pen, keep a paper towel, Kleenex handy to wipe the tip sometimes ink pens puddles.

CattyCat
12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
I love that everyone is jumping in and answering questions. I added the website to the original post. Personally it sorta bugs me because it is commercial like they own it. But I have been doing this art form since the 70's. :laugh: I filled numerous sketchbooks with this style art. My first art show in the late 70's was this style. Sold 3 pieces too. But I digress.

I personally will only use white paper & I mount them . BW is the usual approach, but we in AFA have branched out into use of color too.

My only rules are no embelishments, collage or stamping, but who am I to make rules. Feel free to do your own version. But lets do Zentangles, and lets have fun. We will all trade for the ones we like.

Turquoise
12-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks Chatty for inviting me as well! I would definately be participating! :) I meant to take part in some of those challenges that have been set at the group but something happens and I never get around to doing them. So now, I am determined to get back to zentangling! lol :D

tutuglenna
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Thank you for the invitation. I don't know a zentangle from a hoola hoop but I'll check out google and see if it is do-able to bluff my way through.

boatbird
12-29-2008, 04:46 AM
I found this thread :) How cool, a Zentangle-a-thon! Will see what I can do!

Patti
12-29-2008, 12:48 PM
This is one a-thon that I plan to not miss. Generally when one comes along, I forget or otherwise occupied. But I'm going to put this on my calendar with a big red circle around so I won't commit to something else that weekend. I'm so glad you didn't make it this weekend, as I'll be in NY from tomorrow night through Saturday afternoon.

I too have been making this kind of art for practically forever, but neve had a name for it until someone on this forum told me the name was zentangle and gave the website (I think it was Robin). I also didn't like the way they claim to own it, but I guess since they named it, and learned a way to make money from it more power to them. We just do the art and share it with our friends.

Off now to put it on my calendar.

Mysia
12-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Ooh, I haven't done any Zentangles officially so this will be a great time to give them a try. :jiggy:

CattyCat
12-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm going to put this on my calendar with a big red circle around so I won't commit to something else that weekend.

I addressed this before, but will put it here again and will put it in the original post too. Myself, I didn't know the calender sent out reminders for a long time.

How to use the AFA calendar to remind yourself of a ZAT, CAT, SAT, swap due date, etc.

~Top of the AFA screen, on the cross bar, click on Calendar,
~Scroll to the bottom to small January calendar - click on the word January.
~Click on th ZAT on the 9th of the month.
~Top right, click on Request Reminder for This Event
~Drop down shows options. Click on one that suits you.
~The reminder will show up in your email box like gallery comments do.

chatty
12-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Now that is COOL! I just set my alarm ..giggle.. I like that!

TherapyArtist
12-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks, everyone, for jumping in. And a quadruple thanks to all of the other zentangle newbies that are joining. I always feel better when I'm not the only beginner in the group!:huh:

dixiebuggie
12-30-2008, 01:16 AM
can't wait. i am looking forward to what others will do.....:spinny:

CattyCat
12-30-2008, 01:39 AM
10 MORE DAYS ! ! !

T*Time
12-30-2008, 07:07 AM
WooHooOOOoo! I'll be popping in :D

avidstampcarver
12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
What, you're doing a countdown now??! I can already feel the pressure mounting! :radar: LOL.

CattyCat
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
What, you're doing a countdown now??! I can already feel the pressure mounting! :radar: LOL.

You'd think I was a cheerleader in high school huh? Nope, I just have Occupation Hangover. For 22 years I was involved in the marketing of the concept of Energy Efficiency. Still marketing, but now I market swaps & ZATs.:biglaugh:

CattyCat
12-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok I give it a go, looks like fun

Welcome. Look forward to you participating.

susietex
12-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi CattyCat, thanks for the invite, been away for a bit.
I'll join in, thanks. Don't know how many I'll get around to though.

boatbird
12-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Might have to try two colours or something other than black pen on white paper- plenty of time to get some blanks sorted... now, where did I put my coloured card when I cleaned up?????

chatty
12-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I got an itch that needs to be scratch ..giggle.. I'm so looking forward to this. Now where is that pen I need to get started!

CattyCat
12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
8 MORE DAYS & A FEW HOURS ! !

dixiebuggie
01-01-2009, 12:10 AM
YEAH!!! cant wait:spinny:

TherapyArtist
01-01-2009, 12:40 AM
gulp. Looks like tomorrow I give my first practice Zentangle a try! It's getting to close to go in cold!

nomnom
01-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Do i have to sign up? or get an invitation? or can I just Zentangle along with all of u next WeekEnd? :huh:

CattyCat
01-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Nomnom just Zentangle away all weekend if you can, or just do what you want. No sign up. You just do what you do and post as you do them and trade with others

mrubyjean
01-01-2009, 02:06 AM
gulp. Looks like tomorrow I give my first practice Zentangle a try! It's getting to close to go in cold!

Just what I was thinking! Go TA ~ we'll tackle the tangle together!:twitcy:

CattyCat
01-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I just noticed the days on the original post were wrong.The dates of the ZAT reflected on the Calendar are right. I corrected the first post to read:

THE ZAT IS FRIDAY 1/9 (5 p.m.) - SUNDAY 1/11 (11 p.m.)

The times are your time wherever you live on this amazing planet.

susietex
01-01-2009, 07:32 PM
We knew what you meant! LOL

CattyCat
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
JUST 5 DAYS FROM NOW WE WILL START THE 1ST ZAT.

TherapyArtist
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Hey, guys. If I totally suck, will you give me a mercy trade or two? I'm still practicing. For some reason this does not come naturally to me at all!

CattyCat
01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
FYI GANG: it is totally OK to make your backgrounds ahead of time. :idea:

CattyCat
01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey, guys. If I totally suck, will you give me a mercy trade or two? I'm still practicing. For some reason this does not come naturally to me at all!

You only trading with guys.......... maybe 2 in the room. :goofy: Just teasing you.

I bet your works will be fine. Know that there are a number of people going to be in this ZAT who are beginners too, so don't feel lonely.

I feel like a beginner every time I do one because I never have an idea. I just start letting the pen go on the paper. Sit back and look, see something, do it, look again, do more, look again etc. etc. I don't plot it out ahead of time at all.:yes: It is a flow. Don't try, just Do What Your Hand Does.

RoOskie
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Therapy Artist, sometime the beginner's zentangles are the best. I know that recently, at least I feel this way, I have been planning it too much. You really just have to let our mood flow right down your arms and out comes this amazing piece of art. And if we think they suck....we won't tell ya!!! :laugh: Just Kidding!!! I'm sure they will be fabulous!!! Good luck!

Artcards
01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I might! Now I have a usable usb port.

CattyCat
01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I might! Now I have a usable usb port.

Would be so fun to have you in here this weekend Artcards. Hope you make it.

LindyLu
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
I said before that I probably wouldn't do this but I simply can't NOT do it! So, I'm in, too. I'm glad to see so many doing this because it is fun, relaxing & creative. Just what art should be!:)

T*Time
01-06-2009, 07:13 AM
I see so many wonderfully creative zens in the gallery these days! You've started a Zen revolution! ;) Crackin' my knuckles and stretching my fingers in anticipation! :D

CattyCat
01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh yes, just a lil over 3 days and I can start. I'm so excited to see how it goes, who participates, art from the fesh starts, and watching people trade trade trade as fast as they show up.

United like this will be wonderful I think.

TherapyArtist
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I looked at the Zentangle Swap that's in the forum. I have a stupid question. The whole theory is to detach and go with the flow...but all of them that I looked at looked so symmetrical, color balanced, and had such definitive form....are we realllllly supposed to just go from our instinct or plan a pretty pattern? This is NOT meant as an insult at all, everyone! I just was doing my practice ones using the theory of letting the moment flow and I didn't get anything that looked that structured. Anybody able to explain this?

LindyLu
01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe I can shed some light on the work in Zentangles With a Twist social group. We do a weekly challenge that our host, Chatty, sets up. Each Sunday a.m we check to see what the challenge is and then we have until the following Sunday to get it done. BUT, we also can do free-form, open theme work in place of the challenge. I, for one, thought I could only do free-form but I have tried the challenges to see if I could actually incorporate Zen into a picture...this is the challenge. So, short answer (finally!:)) is Zentangles can be anything that YOU want them to be. The whole idea is just to let it flow & see what happens. Wow, this is probably more than anyone wanted to know..sorry if I rambled on.:rolleyes:

CattyCat
01-06-2009, 08:06 PM
This is what is in the original post.

It would be nice if each ATC you make is a Zentangle. Zentangles are basically repetitive line drawn shapes/designs, created in a concise flowing manner. It is drawing done by creating a connection between your hand holding the pen and your eye looking at the paper. Try to leave your brain/thoughts out of it as much as possible. Just allow it to happen, do not force it. It is a lot of fun!! You are free to do your version of a Zentangle . . . . just create and have fun, do good work, and create at a peaceful pace. Here is a website www.zentangle.com. They do square ones, but we will be doing regulation ATC size.

Note the above does not say it cannot be an object, a design, or anything. I have underlined what gives you freedom to do whatever when you do this Zentangle-a-Thon. Don't overanalyze this. If you look at others you see an endless depth of variety, from very simple to very complex, from fine line to thick lines, from BW to BW plus numerous colors, from over all patterning to an actual recognizable/definable object. The bottom line is to do what you do. Don't think about rules and regulations and what others do. This is ZEN. A beautiful Zentangle can be done through a mind state similar to meditation and just basic intuition rather than through rules and regulations. Just relax, breath and draw. What comes out is yours. Don't compare it to others. Remember the saying "It's all good".

teri
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I work this weekend so I may only have time to get one or two done. Maybe I can get it going during my break and lunch and finish up when I get home. It really stinks that I won't be able to check in all day to see the lovely patterns. :( I can't wait to see the products of this Zen-a-thon!

TherapyArtist
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Okey doke. I (obviously) have a very analytical mind and could draw lots of things that look like, jeez, why can't I think of the name - patterns that occur in nature....I'm a mathematician and I can't think of it? (I will in the middle of the night...!) Anyway, I'll just have fun with it and let that be my guide. Thanks, everyone.

goatgoddess
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
busy weekend but I'm sure I can do some
looking forward to it :jiggy:

TherapyArtist
01-07-2009, 07:02 PM
I thought of the word! Fractal! And, if fact, it came to me while I was on my way to sleep.

I bought some fine tip Sharpies. I'm ready to Zentangle!

CattyCat
01-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Well the count down is short my friends. Less than 2 days in my time zone. Others of course get to start way before me.

CattyCat
01-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder who will post first. I wonder who is going to get to 5 pm their time, 1st? I can never keep the over seas time difference straight. I know my daughter is in Italy, and that is 9 hours ahead of me. But what about Greenwich (or whatever that is). And where on the planet does it change from one day to the other backward, or forward. I guess that would be different no matter where you live huh? So confusing.

Well everyone, wherever you are on this huge amazing planet, have fun this weekend with the first Zentangle-a-Thon. I personally am going for quality not quantity. I figure maybe at most 2 or 3 a day if I'm lucky and if life dosen't get in the way.

Have fun though. That is the main point.

teri
01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
I hope no one minds but I may start early tomorrow. I have to take my husband to Dallas for some spinal injections and I will have a lot of time to will. I figure it will be 5pm somewhere by the time I start. :) I probably won't post any until after I get off of work on Saturday. How's that for a compromise? ;)

chatty
01-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I looked at the Zentangle Swap that's in the forum. I have a stupid question. The whole theory is to detach and go with the flow...but all of them that I looked at looked so symmetrical, color balanced, and had such definitive form....are we realllllly supposed to just go from our instinct or plan a pretty pattern? This is NOT meant as an insult at all, everyone! I just was doing my practice ones using the theory of letting the moment flow and I didn't get anything that looked that structured. Anybody able to explain this?

Zentangle is a method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. I use to call it doodling repetitive patterns this has been done forever by people.

Look around you, look at shapes and patterns find one you like do it over and over again filling up a small space then go onto another pattern or shape and do the same thing. Add a little shading maybe a dash of color...there you have a zentangle...

Originally Zentangles were black n white with shading done in pencil. Now color is being added to the Zens too.

I believe in another note you mention nature, grass pattern, basket weave pattern, the bark on trees, the shapes of flowers then fill in with repetitive patterns, pine needle leaf pattern which is call the verdigogh pattern in zentangle.com and yes go with the flow it will come to you. ..*smile*..

susietex
01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi gang, I did a couple of practise zens yesterday.... my God what a disaster!!!
Still I think I'm back in the ZEN ZONE now.. maybe, well a little under 5 hours to go here... see you later, I hope!

NYJunkie
01-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm going to try and get a few zens done for this a-thon. Somehow this weekend has become so busy with social events that I'll be lucky to get 2 done. Anyhow--it will be fun to see what everyone else draws.

Cheery
01-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I won't be able to start until tomorrow but I can't wait!!!

poeticpaper
01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
unfortunately, I have a Book Club meeting tomorrow that I still need to finish the book for...

So, I will be starting sometime on Saturday. I can't imagine that I'll get many done, zens are time consuming and my hand starts hurting after finishing one,

but I'll do my best!

Robin
01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I will be working on some tommorow also~ Plan on not having alot of things going on.
Probly want be working on any Sunday that is always a busy day for me with church and all and I have an appointment to take my Grandmother to on Monday so tommorow is the day~

Can't wait to see what everyone is making~

RoOskie
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
THIS IS WAY TOOOOO AWESOME!!! CAN"T WAIT :arghh::arghh::arghh:

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Glad to see everyone posting away on the thread. If you only do 1 or 2 well along with every one elses it will just be wonderful to see what shows up. I have less than 8 hours to anticipate now. While I wait I'm going to re-organize my rubber stamp collection. A project long over due.

Can't wait to see what we get accomplished.

mrubyjean
01-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I'll be taking my pens with me on an overnight trip and, with luck, will have a zen or two worthy of posting on Saturday evening when I return.

Patti
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I've been messing around with gold and silver in on black. What do you think if I try a zentangle or two with those colors? Or are we sticking strictly to black and white?

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
HEY you. You're not supposed to start until 5 pm which is more than 5 hrs off..... Ask me if I really care. :rolleyes: But these are great if they are your first, yet with you talent I'm not surprised at all. I know, you are just living up to your nic. LOL

teri
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
HEY you. You're not supposed to start until 5 pm which is more than 5 hrs off..... Ask me if I really care. :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever :P LOL

I'm Genxter's partner in crime. :mask: I'll have you know I started this morning (6am) while my husband was under anesthesia. I can never get anything done when he is awake...LOL It helped pass the time away. I will, however, wait until 5pm to post them. I won't be doing any more tonight. I got to use my new pens and my Strathmore ATC paper. I like the illustration board the best.

I also came up with a handy case to carry everything I need for a Zentangle. I'll try to find a picture of it online and post along with my modifications...or I could just snap a picture, I guess...duh...I'll get that done and post here in a bit. It is quite handy!

boatbird
01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Should have started nearly 6 hours ago- been a bit pre-occupied x

Genxster
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Whoops! I thought I read all the directions. :err: Well, it was 5:00 p.m. somewhere... Sorry Catty, I'm usually not such a rebel. See ya at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.

goatgoddess
01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh I see now - Terri is cheating again :laugh:
hope all is well with your hubby!

3 more baby goats last night so once I get everyone fed and settled down after work today - I should have time to play tonight - I do plan on it :jiggy:

Can't wait to see some cards - so I'm glad you both cheated <G>

teri
01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, GG, I'm a cheatin' glorious ho...:twitcy: But really, my only other option was to sit and stare at the walls. :goofy:

Here is the container I got. It is at Joann's in the jewelry storage section for 9.99 (right now it is 40% off). The top box is how it comes off the shelf. The lower section is how I use it for toting my cards around. I just removed the containers (filled them with brads etc and put them elsewhere) and the dividers to fit my pens. The left over is perfectly sized for ATC paper. It has lots of room because I have 23 pens inside with room for a couple more. I know you only need one pen to do a zen but I have so many different pens/markers that I like to have just the right one for the mood. Variety is the spice of life...

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Whoops! I thought I read all the directions. :err: Well, it was 5:00 p.m. somewhere... Sorry Catty, I'm usually not such a rebel. See ya at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.

Ah come on sweetie, you didn't need to hit DELETE. I thought it was very fun you were so excited & were the first download. Put them back up kiddo. PLEASE

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I have 9 different containers full of probably close to 300 pens. Between pens & scissors I'm not sure which is the hugest fettish.:cute:

I'm almost done with mr stamp organizing project. Then the grocery store, then 5pm I'm gonna start the ZAT. Fun fun!!

Patti
01-09-2009, 06:37 PM
well, dang. I missed the starting gun. I laid down to rest up and jes slept right through. Now I have to feed the bear, but I'll get started by and by.

teri
01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I have 9 different containers full of probably close to 300 pens. Between pens & scissors I'm not sure which is the hugest fettish.:cute:

I'm almost done with mr stamp organizing project. Then the grocery store, then 5pm I'm gonna start the ZAT. Fun fun!!

Oh, ha, I forgot to tell you that that was just my "portable" zen kit...I would be totally embarrassed to take a picture of my complete collection. :embarrassed: :twitcy:

susietex
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Well guys it's 5 hours in for me, or should have been, dog needed walk, Hubby needed feeding, Mum on the phone!!!!

Still I've managed three.... I'll post in the morning, that's your bedtime, 'cus right now it's my bedtime!LOL.

Robin
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Terri - I love the case for your Zen supplies great idea~

RoOskie
01-09-2009, 06:53 PM
teri, i think most of us would. ha ha! I have to exercise an hour before i can do cards. Hubby's rules! Grrrr. But that still leave me 7 minutes to spare if I get started right now. Those 7 minutes will allow me to organize and get comfy!!! I'll start at 5 Mountain Time!!! Woot!!!

T*Time
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
ZAT 1:jiggy:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3031/large/1_ZAT1.jpg

teri
01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Here are the 3 I did this morning...

Zentopia (traded), Purple Zen (traded), Zensail (traded)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/218/1_zentobiaTAS.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/218/1_purplezenTAS.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/218/1_zensailTAS.jpg

Patti
01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
GREAT ZENS LADIES. I''m off to get workimg on mine.

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow T*Time, what a beauty to send the ZAT off. And Teri yours are beauties too. I have 45 minutes till I start. Tic toc Tic Toc.

Patti
01-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Here are my gold and silver ZAT zentangles. Not proud of them. I think I prefer standard look of black and white. Now I'll start working on b/w zens.

#1, available;
#2, traded;
#3, available;

JoyFlower
01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow! LOVE what I'm seeing so far! Sure hope to get some fun trades in this weekend. :)

Genxster
01-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Terri! Oh these are really nice. I want to be like you when I grow up.

T-Time- Love that purple! Cool design.

Patti - Interesting details.

Great cards everyone!

Okay, I'm gonna bust if I don't post these. I've not done these before. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

ZAT #1 (traded) ZAT #2 (traded) ZAT #3 (available) ZAT#4 (traded)

T*Time
01-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Terrific Zens everyone! :yes: GenX - I think you've definitely got the hang of it!:v_spin:
Here's my ZAT2:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3031/large/1_ZAT2.jpg

JoyFlower
01-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Yep, I think you've got the hang of it just fine, GenX. ;)
I adore that last one with the sun...

NiteOwl
01-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Here are 2 that I made for the zentangle-a-thon.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/small/3_scan0001.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/small/2_scan0002.jpg

teri
01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Terri! Oh these are really nice. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Aw, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me! :cute: Careful what you wish for...:wacko:

I think you zens far surpass what I have done. That last one is just the bestest! :notworthy:

T*Time - look at you with those lovely delicate zens!

Niteowl - woot woot, those are fabulous!

Patti - I like the different colors. It is fun to experiment...you keep on going!

chatty
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Very nice ladies! Gonna be a fun weekend.....

GALZART
01-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Fantastic work...everyone!

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Here are my first 2.

2. Floral Zen TRADED, 1. Paisleyesque Zen (the gray part is silver metallic ink) TRADED

Patti
01-09-2009, 11:21 PM
This is it for me tonight. Gotta go take a pill and get to bed. More tomorrow, I hope.

#4, available;
#5, traded;
#6, available;
#7, traded;
#8. traded

CattyCat
01-09-2009, 11:38 PM
ooooo Patti I like that last one. Looks like ribbons.

LindyLu
01-10-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2690/small/1_Ribbon_Havoc_Zen0031.jpg_2.5_X3.5.jpg

Here's my 1st card. I'll try to have a couple more tomorrow.

Everyone's cards are great!

LindyLu
01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh, I forgot...it's called "Havoc at the Ribbon Factory"..looks like the ribbons got jammed up in the winder:)
G'night.

NiteOwl
01-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh! LindyLu, this is beautiful! Very different.:yes:

Genxster
01-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Awesome cards everyone. It's great seeing all the various designs. And everyone unique. I'm still working on some more, but I'm not having much luck. I'll post some more tomorrow if I can get my zen thingy working!

goatgoddess
01-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Loving all the cards! beautiful - got busy with goats and updating swaps - so best laid plans and all but getting up bright and early and will be back to play :)

CattyCat
01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
I've got 2 more almost done. Will get them posted in the morning. Thanks everyone for showing up already and playing. I know many said they will be doing their Zens tomorrow, so ready, set, gooooooooo!:cool:

Robin
01-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Wow those are looking great~

i have 2 ready and wil post them in the morning~

RoOskie
01-10-2009, 04:32 AM
WOW, the cards so far are too amazing! You are doing fabulous work everyone!!! Keep it up!

susietex
01-10-2009, 06:51 AM
These cards are all brilliant, LindyLu that zen of your's is just amazing I totally love it.

Patti, I think the metallic on black zens are lovely, I really like the idea, I'd be proud of them.
CattyCat, love your flowers zen.

I'd better get mine scanned asap I wanna trade, big time.

T*Time
01-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Oooooo...more cool zens posted! Patti - you're a machine!:twitcy:
ZAT 3
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3031/small/1_ZAT3.jpg

kat
01-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Wow!! This sure is a talented group.
My first kat-ZAT:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_ZAT1w.jpg

kat
01-10-2009, 08:06 AM
kat-ZAT2
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_ZAT2w.jpg

Bright-Spark
01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Can't join in :sad::sad::sad:

Computer crashed, no access to scanner......

Enjoy yourself all!!!

nomnom
01-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Shalom to all - here r mine - will make more - fun fun fun :D

jaw
01-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Sounded interesting ~ thought I'd give it a try ... nice way to zone out while watching TV. Hmmm ...
I'll have to look up how to attach those thumbnail photos ... I'll just put my two in my gallery and head to work :O)

NYJunkie
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow -- great cards so far!!! I'm getting inspired!

Patti
01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Amazing works my friends. It's nearly 11:30 am Saturday and time to get to work again. Also have to finish altering some CDs as the deadline for those is drawing near. But I WILL do more ZATs first.

adifferentstory
01-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Lovely zentangles.

So much for me having a whole day zentangling. I got roped into a long game of monopoly and I lost LOL Hopefully i'll have some to show later tonight.

CattyCat
01-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Here are the 2 I did last night. Prepped them this morning, and am working on #5. Am loving watching this actuallyhappen. WonderfulnZ's everyone is doing.

3. Scramble TRADED, 4. Spiral TRADED,

Cheery
01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Wow!!!! There are some AWESOME cards here!! I'm going to get started right now!

LindyLu
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
All of these cards are fantastic!!
CattyCat, you had a great idea & just look at how many have joined in!! It's great to make art just for the pure enjoyment of it and Zens allow everyone to do just that! Great work, everyone..let's keep it going!!!

GALZART
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Great work, everyone!

dixiebuggie
01-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Great cards everyone.....

JoyFlower
01-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I've done a couple.

19055 ZAT 1 - beswirled 19056 ZAT 2 - fertile ground

CattyCat
01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
And another

5. Swirls 2 Available Moved up ^

TherapyArtist
01-10-2009, 04:00 PM
You probably thought I was blowin' y'all off, huh???! Nope. Life gets in the way!

Here are my two zentangles. I love, love, love doing them. Right now I have to eat and there's a move waiting to be watched, but I'll try to get some more in.
19059 Both traded and I'm done...but this was so much fun. I may be a true Zentangle convert. Watch my gallery. And maybe I'll even join a ZT swap??? Thanks CattyCat!

They are called Botanical and Fruits of Labor...(The sort of lady shape came so naturally and the fruits just popped in my head...actually I have a fabric that is sort of like that....I hope they qualify as zentangles!)

Els
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Just posted five in my gallery: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=818

Robin
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I have 6 finished and ready to trade~

I will try to get some more done and upload them soon~

From Left to Right - Traded, 3326, 3324

CattyCat
01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
TA said:

They are called Botanical and Fruits of Labor...(The sort of lady shape came so naturally and the fruits just popped in my head...actually I have a fabric that is sort of like that....I hope they qualify as zentangles!)

All I can say is they are absolutely Zentangles. See, all your worries were for not. They are both great, especially since they are your first.

Robin
01-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Next From Left To Right:

Traded, 3322, Traded

CattyCat
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Just posted five in my gallery: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=818

Els, I PM'd you for a trade.

T*Time
01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Gettin' busy in here! Good Stuff!
ZAT4
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3031/large/1_ZAT4.jpg

T*Time
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Catty - Is there a designated trade time...or do we just pm someone when we want to trade...?

nomnom
01-10-2009, 05:51 PM
have two more in my gallery :)http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=53164

CattyCat
01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Catty - Is there a designated trade time...or do we just pm someone when we want to trade...?

EVERYONE - READ THIS

If you see any ZAT ATCs you want that people are doing, just PM them with your trade request. As for tracking, take a look at my post at #135 (keep track of the #'s your cards are posted on so you can go back to them easily).. See how I post the names and Available orTraded. When a card is traded, I come back into my post and change it to TRADED. This tells the other ZAT players what cards are available without having to search galleries. Much more convenient. For those who are only posting in their gallery, be sure to keep those up to date too after any trades.

I am so used to how they do it on the CATs and SATs, that I guess I assumed everyone would know. DUH on my part.

Patti
01-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Here are four more that I finally finished today. I think that'll be if for me today. By the way, all twelve of the ones I posted are available for trade.

#9, traded;
#10, traded;
#11, available;
#12, traded;

NiteOwl
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM
My first 2 are traded. So who would like to trade for this one? :D
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/small/3_scan0003.jpg

dmnh
01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I forgot all about the ZAT this weekend!
I will be back in an hour or two with a couple (or more) to trade.
Can't believe I forgot about this!
I see lots of cards that I'd like to have! Hopefully you all will see some from me that you would like to have!
See ya later, gators!

TherapyArtist
01-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm heading off to read and then bed for the night. Hopefully someone will have a nice trade request for me when I get up. (hint,hint) Have fun everyone. I know I did! And they did! Yay! I'm done trading but will keep watching. Great work everyone.

teri
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I had a very relaxing afternoon and I owe it all to this ZAT! It is truly like meditating! Here are the 4 I completed today:

Zen Boards (traded), Zen Squared, Zen Waves, and Zen Style

I'm loving all the cards I've seen so far. Working on some trades and hope to do some more! If I have any left I can join Robin's Zentangle Swap. :)

Off to eat, I'll check back in a little bit...

BekahStargazing
01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I started doing some Zentangles, without even realizing it was during a ZAT!

I have mine so far up in my gallery, and all but one are available.
I've only done four so far, and these are my first four, so they aren't perfect...
But hey, at least they're original and unique!

NiteOwl
01-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Here is one more. So right now I have 2 Available.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/318/small/5_scan0004.jpg

dmnh
01-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Here's two of them. That's all I've gotten done so far. More are in the making. I'll be back later to initiate some trades. Happy Zentangling!

Genxster
01-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I made a couple more.

ZAT#5 (traded), ZAT #6 (traded)

CattyCat
01-11-2009, 12:35 AM
2 more from me. Everyone is doing so great. So much fun.

6. Spirited -TRADED, 7. Green Flow - TRADED

mrubyjean
01-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Beautiful work everyone!
Back from out-of-town with three zentangles, Countryside (traded), The Red Fantastic (traded) and Blue River (traded), the last two worked on some marbled paper cards I had so they are a bit different!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b2.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b3.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b4.jpg

HHC
01-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Okay, I have a couple done... :)
Zen 1; Zen 2

adifferentstory
01-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Wow! Lots more wonderful zens. You have all been working hard.

Here are 4 zens I have for trade is anyone would like to trade.

Zen 1, Zen 2, Zen 3, Zen 4

dixiebuggie
01-11-2009, 03:52 AM
i have made a couple, will scan them in tomarrow :) hope everyone is having fun

dmnh
01-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Here are five more from me. This will be the extent of zentangles coming out of me tonight! I'm headed to bed.
Give me a holler if you see anything that catches your eye!

1. Don't Leave
2. Haystacks
3. Here's Lookin' At Ya Traded
4. Onion
5. Sailing

All are available. I'll update when they have traded. Thanks for lookin!

chatty
01-11-2009, 04:10 AM
I have 1 left out of the 5 originally posted. Any takers?

1.Aqua Spider

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/500/large/1_09-009_sm_AquaSpider_Zentangle.jpg

PM me if you would like to trade.....

dmnh
01-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Here's the last of them from me.
I shall see you all in about 10 hours or so. Happy Zentangling!

6. Silver Pines

anne
01-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Here are mine from the last 2 days

Zentangle 1 Available
Zentangle 2 Traded
Zentangle 3 Traded

anne
01-11-2009, 05:00 AM
Some more
Zentangle 4 traded
Zentangle 5 available
Zentangle 6 available
Zentangle 7 available
Zentangle 8 Traded

LuvLoz
01-11-2009, 05:02 AM
I have to admit that I'm not normally a big fan of Zens, but you are all coming up with some fantastic cards! I've got two half done, might get them up tomorrow.

adifferentstory
01-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Some more Zens

Zen 5 (available), Zen 6 (available), Zen 7 (traded), Zen 8 (available)

adifferentstory
01-11-2009, 05:13 AM
These zens are getting better and better. Love them all.

Here are 4 more that i've finally got around to uploading.

Zen 1 (available), Zen 2 (available), Zen 3 (available), Zen 4 (available)

Cheery
01-11-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2641/large/1_zens.JPG

Here are some of my zentangles!

GALZART
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Incredible Zens from everyone!

kat
01-11-2009, 10:20 AM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_ZAT4w.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_kat_ZAT3w.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_kat_ZATbear.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/large/1_kat_ZAT5w.jpg

BekahStargazing
01-11-2009, 12:58 PM
My fifth Zentangle.
Available.
In my gallery, as well.
First time using color with a Zentangle.

mrubyjean
01-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Two more for me ~ Zen Tree (traded) and Zen Puzzle traded

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b6.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b5.jpg

adifferentstory
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Just loving these zentangles.

NiteOwl
01-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I have one left. Anyone want to trade for it?

CattyCat
01-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Two new ones and one moved up from below.

Swirls 3 TRADED, A Mystery TRADED, Swiirls 2 TRADED

Genxster
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
These cards just keep getting better and better. Super fantablous cards everyone! I'm posting a couple more:

ZAT_7 (available) , ZAT_8 (traded)

LindyLu
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Everyone has done a super, super job!! I'm posting #2 ZAT a little late but my phone was on the fritz & I have the dreaded dial-up.:arghh:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2690/small/1_The_Mall0032.jpg2.5x_3.5.jpg

It's called "The Mall". See my gallery for the explanation:)

Els
01-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Four more up now in my gallery (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=818)... And since the scanner just threw up its little feet and died, those four are the last from me.

BekahStargazing
01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Els--I love your cards!
:( Sorry to hear about your scanner. D:

NiteOwl
01-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow! Everyone's cards look great! Who would like to trade for my last one?

mrubyjean
01-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Four more up now in my gallery (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?u=818)... And since the scanner just threw up its little feet and died, those four are the last from me.

Yes, how annoying ~ your zentangles are just amazing!

mrubyjean
01-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Three more ~ Zen Bug traded, Flowering Bush traded and Starting to get out of Control traded~

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b9.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b8.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/512/small/1_b7.jpg

jaw
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
those are great martha! I have to figure out the thumbnail thing yet, but I posted a new one to my gallery and have to go to work yet again ... oh no rest for the wicked ... or is that the wiccan? hmmm ... have to look that one up ... :O)

TherapyArtist
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
OMG! Everyone from experienced to novice zentanglists have done great work! This was fun! Planning another any time soon. tee hee

Patti
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Times up. No more creating right? But posting is still allowed yes? I didn't get any done today. But I did manage to do 12 Fri and Sat.

goatgoddess
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Patti I think time is up at 11:00 pm tonight your time

wonderful Zen's everyone! got way too busy this weekend to play yet but hope too - great Zen a thon!!!

CattyCat
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
YES GG is correct. This ZAT officially ends Sunday at 11 p.m. your time, wherever you are on the planet.

The next ZAT is on the calendar for Friday, April 10, 5 p.m. - Sunday, April12, 11 p.m. Go write it down on your calendar or set the system calendar to send you a email reminder.

LindyLu
01-11-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2690/small/1_How_Chocolates_Are_Mad0033.jpg2.5_X_3.5.jpg

Zat 3..".How Chocolates Are Made"....the chocolate goes 'round & 'round and it comes out here:)

susietex
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
LindyLu your cards are all so brilliant I feel really silly downloading mine now!!!
Still here goes......btw, the're all on white backgrounds, but my flash went funny!!!

1. Man in the moon...Traded
2. Perfume Botttle....Traded
3. The tower.... available
4. With a twist...Traded
5. Flower vine...available

kat
01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Everyone's zens are amazing. My latest --
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_ZAT6w.jpg

LuvLoz
01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I finished these last night but my bf was on the computer so couldn't upload. First time I've tried Zens, so please feel free to give comments.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/552/medium/1_1024ZenAThon1.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=53552) http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/552/medium/1_1025ZenAThon2.jpg (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=53553)

susietex
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Luvloz, you certainly are in the ZEN zone, lovely work.

Genxster
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh good, we have until 11 p.m. to make more. I hope to make a few more worth posting.

I'm so glad there's another one of these ZATs planned. I'll be practicing for that one...

Patti
01-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Opps! My mistake. That what I get for trying to trust my
"very old" memory.

NYJunkie
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Everyone's zens are so awesome and I wish I'd been able to get here sooner.

Here are my zens -- didn't think I'd get any done:

ZAT 3 (castle is traded)

kat
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/786/small/1_kat_ZAT7w.jpg

TherapyArtist
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Kat, I tried to give you rep points for your fish zt, but apparently I've already praised you too much already. lol. That is simply gorgeous.

heymaggie
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I missed out on this one (although I've put dibs on one of Kat's ZAT ATCs). Hope you will let me know about the next one as I love Zentangles and would love to participate in your next ZAT.

teri
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey all, I got one more done but no time left to scan. I'll post it here tomorrow. Thank you all for sharing your glorious work, I've sooooo enjoyed the show! I'm looking forward to some of them arriving in my mailbox. :D May you all be blessed with pens that never run out of ink...

Many thanks to CattyCat for setting this up and hosting the event! You are zentabulous!

Robin
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes! this was so much fun and I can't wait untill the next one~

CattyCat - great job hosting and kudos to all the beautifull Zentangles~

Genxster
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I've just set up a calendar reminder for the next one! Here are my last two:

ZAT #9 (traded) ZAT #10 (available)

mrubyjean
01-11-2009, 10:45 PM
This was so much fun ~ I'm zentangled out and I've got laundry to finish...but thanks so much to CattyCat for organizing the ZAT and to everyone else for trades and inspiration!

Patti
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
I had a reminder set on the calendar for this one, but I never got it. Strange???????????

CattyCat you're an angel of a hostess. Thanks for doing this great zen-a-thon sweetie.

LindyLu
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
This has been a hoot! Everyone has done such great zens & had so much fun. How about giving iTraders for our host..she deserves it!!!

Thanks, CattyCat!!

goatgoddess
01-12-2009, 12:50 AM
well I have two but they aren't much - they smeared a bit when I added color so I will keep them and practice so I can make some good ones for the next Zen a thon :)

19233 19234

CattyCat
01-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks everyone for participating. Download anything you finish before 11 p.m. your time. And trade away all you want.

Here are my last 2. I came down sick (non-contageous so cards are safe) so am off to bed early.

10. The Days Birth Available, 11. Zen Terraine TRADED
PLUS one on Post 181 is left too.

anne
01-12-2009, 01:30 AM
My last 4
Zentangle 9 Available
Zentangle 10 Available
Zentangle 11 Available
Zentangle 12 Available

dmnh
01-12-2009, 05:44 AM
The ZAT was a lot of fun! Thanks for doing such a great job of hosting! Thanks for all the trades! I'll be back for the next one!

T*Time
01-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Great fun and enjoyed viewing everyone's unique creative versions! :notworthy:

susietex
01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I had so much fun doing this, I'm thrilled that we're going to do another one.
Thanks for the brilliant idea and for organising CattyCat... hope you fell better real soon.

I'm quite new to this and was blown away by the cards here, and frankly stunned that people wanted to trade for mine, thanks for all the lovely comments and the brilliant eye candy everyone.

NYJunkie
01-12-2009, 11:17 AM
CattyCat, this was a great swap. Thanks so much for hosting. Perhaps next time my weekend will be open so I'll be able to make more cards.

goatgoddess
01-12-2009, 11:23 AM
CattyCat - wonderful job on Org! looking forward to playing more at the next one :)
hope you are feeling better

Patti
01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Maryellen, so sorry you're under the weather a bit. Welcome to the club but I do so hope you're feeling better very soon. You done good gal. It was a great party. Looking forward to the next one.

LindyLu
01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Get better quick!! Maybe the ZAT just wore you out? Great job..so much fun!!

HHC
01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
This was great fun! Thanks for hosting us Cattycat, and please take care of yourself and feel better soon!

BekahStargazing
01-12-2009, 01:40 PM
CattyCat:
Hope you feel better soon.

Everybody:
What AMAZING Zentangles!! Great job to everyone.

CattyCat
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the well wishes and all the thank you's for the ZAT. I'm happy I came up with it toooooooooo!!:yes: I'm oh so happy every one had so much fun and that you are looking forward to the April one. April 10-12. Put it on your calendar. You all made it a great success.

As an FYI: the only people that you give i-traders to in any of the "a-thon's" are the people you trade with. Hosts and players you don't trade with do not get i-traders. This is handled just like private trading...

But in a-thons feel free to give u-Rock Rep points, as always.

TherapyArtist
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Hats off to you Maryellen! Thank you, again, for inviting me. Now that I've got it, I will definitely do more! You rock. And all you other newbies like myself...it was fun, huh!

JoyFlower
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
It was wonderful to see all the unique and gorgeous art this thread inspired!
Hats off to CattyCat for the organization and encouragement - well done! :notworthy:

I had a strange weekend, and didn't get back here to post all my cards in the thread. I have some available in my gallery if anyone else has cards left and is interested in a trade.

boatbird
01-12-2009, 06:12 PM
It was great to see all of these ZAT cards- I was feeling a bit funny after my accident on Thursday night- and got into inchies instead :)

Will try to make the next one if someone reminds me LOL

kat
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
The ZAT was great fun!!! Thanks for hosting! I'm already looking forward to the next one.

CattyCat
01-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Just for fun, here is a list of all of us who participated. If I missed anyone let me know & I'll be happy to add you.

31 STRONG

adifferentstory
anne
avidstampcarver
Bekahastargazing
boatbird
BrightSparks
CattyCat
chatty
dixiebuggie
dmnh
Els
Genxster
goatgoddess
HHC
jaw
JoyFlower
kat
LindaLu
LuvLoz
mrubyjean
NiteOwl
nomnom
NYJunkie
Patti
Peas
poeticpaper
Robin
susietex
T*Time
teri
TherapyArtist

teri
01-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh my gosh! I had no idea there were so many, I only got to trade with 7 of them! :(

Genxster
01-12-2009, 08:05 PM
That's a great turnout! I'll bet when word gets out about what a great time we had there will be even more in April.

Thanks for the trades folks! I will be mailing Tuesday.

Thanks to you Catty for a great time! You are a fab hostess.

poeticpaper
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, I did one!!

Anyone want to trade for my lonely little Zen??

jaw
01-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Silly, cheeky monkey! You listed me twice! ... or ... was ... that ... my ... evil ... twin ... ?
(Of course, I feel that I am that important ... but the others probably would not quite agree ... ):notworthy:

susietex
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
You have an evil twin, there's two of you, OMG that makes you JAWS !:shocked:

jaw
01-13-2009, 02:56 PM
da-dump ..da-dump da-dump da-dump da-dump.....

jaw
01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
hmmm ... now that I look at that .. the music just doesn't seem so scary ....

CattyCat
01-13-2009, 10:02 PM
And you do jaw jaw don't you? OK, I'll go FIX IT.

dixiebuggie
01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I know I'm late but here are my cards...They are all available as of now.....PM for trade please :)
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3140/large/1_atc_144.jpg
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/3140/medium/1_atc_145.jpg

avidstampcarver
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm late, I know, but this one WAS made while the ZAT was going on. Honest to god.

I've been down with the flu AGAIN...plus this, that, and the other! I'm sick of being sick, in fact. But still, I made this Zentangle especially for the ZAT.

CattyCat: GET BETTER SOON!!! :wub:

(EDITED: This Zentangle, "Manifold", has been traded.)

CattyCat
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm late, I know, but this one WAS made while the ZAT was going on. Honest to god.

I've been down with the flu AGAIN...plus this, that, and the other! I'm sick of being sick, in fact. But still, I made this Zentangle especially for the ZAT.

CattyCat: GET BETTER SOON!!! :wub:

Your Zentangle is so great. Love it and of course I believe you made it during the ZAT time.

I added you to the list. ;) You get well too ASC.

Turquoise
01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
OMG, I cannot believe I missed this! I compleatly forgot all about it...maybe I will participate the next one *fingers crossed*

CattyCat
01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
OMG, I cannot believe I missed this! I compleatly forgot all about it...maybe I will participate the next one *fingers crossed*

The next one is already on the central AFA calendar for April. Go request a reminder. Works great

Turquoise
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the tip Catty!