PDA

View Full Version : Chunkies: PRETTY GIRL MIXED MEDIA CHUNKY PAGES- Due March 31st

Pages : [1] 2

coffeelatte
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
PRETTY GIRL MIXED MEDIA CHUNKY PAGES: Due March 31

SWAP DUE DATE: March 31 in my hands
SIGNUP/WITHDRAW DATE: March 15
NUMBER OF PAGES: 4 for 4, or 8 for 8
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: unlimited (I'll pay postage for up to 10 international/outside the US)

A chunky page swap based on mixed media techniques from the Suzi Blu workshop, "Les Petite Dolls". A number of site members have taken or are taking this on-line course. You don't have to be enrolled in the workshop in order to participate, but please do familiarize yourself with the basic style and techniques. If you have questions feel free to ask!

There is a great discussion in the SuziBlu Mixed Media Workshop thread started by blueskysunburn. You can also see examples from the Pretty Girl Postcard swap http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6289

Here are two of my favorite Suzi Blu videos that show how SHE works. Notice that she draws, paints and then adds layers of wax or glossy accents. These are richly layered, sweet and whimsical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-YDwzShUkI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAa4oKugvZU&feature=channel_page

CREATE: For this swap you'll create four 4x4 inch chunky pages. Create your own pretty girl as the focal element -- and maybe give her a furry or feathered companion. Use your imagination and have fun!

These are mixed media pieces so use your favorite combination of paper, paint, ink, pencil, crayon, wax, etc. And remember that chunky pages should be thick, embellished and some dangly goodness off the edge would be terrific.

WHAT IS A CHUNKY PAGE? For this swap your 4x4 base should be sturdy -- doubled up cardstock, very heavy watercolor paper, etc. If you've never made a page there's a great how-to here

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294

US RETURNS: When you're done, put each of your 4x4 pages in an individual ziplock or sandwich size plastic bag. Send these to me, along with a large mailing label showing your address, and loose postage equal to the cost for mailing your pages to me. As an alternative send $2 for 4 pages and $3 for 8 pages.

INTERNATIONAL RETURNS: Package your pages as outlined for US Mail. Send them to me with a large mailing label showing your address. I will supply the return postage for up to 10 international players.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

***Special note: I will be creating at least two darker themed Pretty Girl pages for this swap. Sort of like Wednesday Addams-style. I found some really "cute" spider and bat papers and want to try them out. If you are interested in swapping darker themed I will try to swap like-for-like pages if there's enough interest. If you absolutely DON'T want a sweet spooky girl, please let me know!

SIGNED UP:

1 - katilady - California, USA RECEIVED
2 - joyflower - Washington, USA RECEIVED
3 - rina - Illinois, USA RECEIVED
4 - artedar - New Jersey, USA RECEIVED
5 - meganspaperstudio - Oregon, USA RECEIVED
6 - goodmorninstarshine - Missouri, USA RECEIVED
7 - altermyworld - Ontario, Canada (international #1) RECEIVED
8 - seekingforart - Maryland, USA RECEIVED
9 - betzzz - Singapore (international #2) RECEIVED
10 - TotolyOzSome - New Jersey, USA RECEIVED
11 - goatgoddess - Texas, USA RECEIVED
12 - cherbearvx - Mauritius (international #3) RECEIVED
13 - thalia - Switzerland (international #4) RECEIVED
14 - saracollins - UK (international #5) RECEIVED
15 - adriayna - Indiana, USA RECEIVED
16 - purplecat - Isle of Man (international #6) RECEIVED
17 - summer5 - Canada (international #7) RECEIVED
18 - malinmaskros - Sweden (international #8) RECEIVED
19 - dolores4fun - Texas, USA
20 - GypsyFroggie - California, USA RECEIVED
21 - knesi07 - New York, USA RECEIVED

Withdrawn
amyfaerie - Oregon, USA
artsiehorsie - Montana, USA
katieK2885 - Michigan, USA

adriayna
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
This would be really fun to try, and I love the dolls! Please sign me up :) And I like spooky girls! :P

katilady
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Me me me! I am editing to add that I tend to do darker girls too, but they still come out sweet, so I would love a darker girl in my collection!

coffeelatte
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Thrilled to have you both!

Dark and sweet -- that's the way I like my chocolate, too!

JoyFlower
01-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Me! *jumping up and down with glee* - I can't wait to see the "darker" pretty girls. :) I want to try some new things myself. This is going to be FUN!!!

Rina
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I want to play....pretty please!

I never done this type of book I have one question so far....what do we do with the back side of the page.....decorate and still add all our info or what....I dunno. THANKS.

JoyFlower
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi, Cindy! Just wondering...did you post about this swap in the Suzi Blu Workshop thread here? I know there are more people who wanted to play in the postcard swap, but the timing didn't work for them....maybe they would like to know about this one! :)

KatieK2885
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I will be signing up for the 8/8. Been working on my mixed media ladies all night!

amyfaerie
01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
hey, i think i'd like to try these . . . may i? and, if i need to clarify, i'm all for the spooky sweeties, too! :)

KatieK2885
01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Finished all the heads of my girls tonight they have all have bright and colorful crazy hair. I think I may turn some into funky fairies.

coffeelatte
01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Rina, Katiek2885 and amyfaerie - you've all been added.

Rina - On the backside, please decorate in some way (don't just leave blank.) I'll try to post later on today in my gallery the scans I did of the backside of my coffee chunky pages. They aren't super fancy, just interesting papers that went with the theme. I usually do some kind of collage papering or painting (or a combination.) I'll either hand write or put a sticker on the back to show I'm the artist. So for this one, mine will be something like:

Mixed Media Pretty Girl Swap - Atcsforall.com
Cindy Blood/Coffeelatte
Eugene, Oregon, USA

coffeelatte
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
KatieK - funky fairies are fun!

Joyflower - I'm heading over to the workshop thread. Good idea...

katilady
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
hey, i think i'd like to try these . . . may i? and, if i need to clarify, i'm all for the spooky sweeties, too! :)

I am so glad you are playing!

KatieK2885
01-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi Rina,

I will also try to post some pics of the backs of mine later this week for inspiration. However the idea is to decorate and include your info. I have seen some really cool examples where people incorporated their name into the back of the page. For example I just did one where I painted the bottom half of a girl (legs and skirt) with a little apron and on the apron I wrote my info. On a gnome swap I did I simply covered the back with fabric and then painted little gnomes and put my info on the clouds in the sky. A women I swapped book characters with put the characters on the front and her info and info on the author on the back. So honestly the sky is the limit! The only thing I would say is that sometimes I have swapped and the back has so much stuff I can't find the persons name! I So I am always careful that I don't go to overboard.

amyfaerie
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
okay, so i broke down and watched two suziblutube videos. i feel strangely happy . . . and i'm a little afraid.

katilady
01-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Hahahaha! Watch out Amy she's addictive even for hard-core's like us! (Wonder if we can get BigKay into this swap? :D)

JoyFlower
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
lol...give in to the happy, amy! :jiggy: and now I want peanut butter....

amyfaerie
01-13-2009, 02:27 PM
only if the pretty girls can have beards & moustaches . . . that's when i can see BK over here. LOL!

katilady
01-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Why couldn't they have mustaches and beards? There is a very pretty women here in town with a beard. She's got some extra testosterone in her body! :D

purplecat
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
okay, so i broke down and watched two suziblutube videos. i feel strangely happy . . . and i'm a little afraid.

lol that is hilarious Amy...sigh I may be too busy for this, I will call back later!

BigKay
01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
You know me SO WELL !!!
It's beautiful and creepy at the same time.
(Just like my pretty girls would be)

only if the pretty girls can have beards & moustaches . . . that's when i can see BK over here. LOL!

Rina
01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
THANKS you all for the answers on what to do with the back and love to see pictures when done...but I get the idea now. THANKS again.

altermyworld
01-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I would love to join this.
Ang

KatieK2885
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I found this wonderful chunky book page in the gallery and it made me think of this swap and thought I would share if you have not already seen it!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=16484

katilady
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I found this wonderful chunky book page in the gallery and it made me think of this swap and thought I would share if you have not already seen it!
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=16484

Yay! That chunky page is in my collection as a matter of fact! Ms. Amyfaerie, that talented girl, made it! I agree it does seem similar!

ArteDar
01-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Awwwww~MAN!!! I was trying not to sign up in any swaps for awhile...BUT....I'm sucked in with this theme and the kewlest artists around.....PUT ME IN COACH!
I wanna play....and pretty and spookie....sweet and dark....cute and creepy also will work for me....or what ever!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

COME ON PURPLECAT......You know you wanna play too!!!

Amy....I have to admit I have a "girly crush" (to be her bestest friend...ROFLMAO!!!) on Suzi....she's just so fun and it makes me happy to watch her play.

meganspaperstudio
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I would love to join

ArteDar
01-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm so into doing bugs at this time...I just started working on these this weekend....lots more to do to get 'em full of that mixed media and bee's wax.
I have an image in my mind of doing a spider for this swap....sheesh.....what about coch~roaches....does that give anyone the hee~bee jee~bees??? ROFLMAO!!!
Or even better yet....some skellie lookin' girlies....heeheeeeee.....too much fun, eh?

meganspaperstudio
01-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm so up to dark, creepy & pretty all at the same time. I've never done chunky books so.....I may have lots of dumb questions. Does it matter how thick & chunky????? I may go a little overboard. This sounds too fun. The main part of the page has to be 4x4 but can you have objects extending beyond that other than fibers & beads? How about fold out arms & legs or crazy hair & hats? Was thinking about crazy goth black lashes. Hopefully I can find some from left over Halloween costume stuff in the bargain bin at the store. Black & white stockings unrolling off the page. Big silver buckle shoes???? he he he.....the brain is brewing something good........

goodmorningstarshine
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I would like to join, if you please.

Did anyone else notice anything funny on those youtube videos? That lady is Cra-zee. Kitties and bunnies and bunnies and kitties and bunnies?

katilady
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I noticed that too GMS!

goodmorningstarshine
01-15-2009, 12:02 AM
I watched a couple more attached videos, and she maintained the same level throughout. I'd say things only got worse, but I was so overwhelmed by the kitties and bunnies...

Maybe I need to find this thread so I won't need to watch any more...

JoyFlower
01-15-2009, 02:05 AM
OMG Dar, you have been making incredible things!! Everytime I see something new in your gallery, I covet it! :D

Megan - you've got some fun thought brewing there...I can't wait to see your chunky pages!

GMS...what's wrong with kitties and bunnies?? Don't you love them and want them EVERYWHERE? (heeheehee...does it give you a sugar headache?)

goodmorningstarshine
01-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Joyflower...

It sort of gives me a sugary headache...It's like the kind of thing you would hear someone saying at the candyland asylum. Of course I do think that insanity helps people make good art, I just don't necessarliy want to see it.

Actually, it's like an accident on the side of the road that you can't look away from. I didn't hit the snooze button at all because I wanted to watch another crazy lady video, and I'm thinking of calling in sick to work.

Is there some secret to drawing these pretty girl faces? Huge eyes and colored pencils? I think they are lovely, but I may need direction since I can't afford a class.

goodmorningstarshine
01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKWPutVg50&feature=channel

Oh my gawd. I've spent the past hour watching her videos, and I decided I love her. She is so happy and fun.

I have been assimilated!

JoyFlower
01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Lol...welcome to the bright side! It's strangely addictive. :D I clicked the link in your post and am watching it now! Should be getting ready for work....

katilady
01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Haha! I wuv her too. So much so I commissioned a painting from her. She is super sweet--but, yes, a tad off too!

coffeelatte
01-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Hee....heee....goodmorningstarshine -- she grows on you, doesn't she? I think the whole Suzi Blu thing is that she is hypnotizing us so that we'll get down to our little, young, pretty-girl core and be open to whatever whimsey comes out of us...

ANG! Yes, you are on, altermyworld....you are the one who pushed me to start getting the real whimsey out in the first place, and I am thrilled to have you!

Meganspaperstudio - I actually was going to send you an invitation to join -- I am so happy you found us!

ArteDar - SOOOO happy to have you join. You know I love your pretty girls...

***I was kind of hard on Suzi when I first saw her photo, but that cartoony music she uses sometimes transitions into some beautiful, thoughtful music. And I actually looooove the cartoon music, too. She is a little more nuts about her pets than I am about mine, but the "bunnies and kitties" thing was like the hypnosis part of her technique...it lulls you into that "it's ok to be cute" state.

And I do wish to be in a swap SOMEDAY with Big Kay...

coffeelatte
01-15-2009, 10:49 AM
The style is biggish eyes and using colored pencils to shade the face. The heads are large in proportion to the body, but the faces don't have to be perfectly round. You can also layer the pencil with paints, crayons, etc.

If you look through the workshop thread posted earlier, or check this Flickr pool, you should be able to get an even better look at the Suzi-style. http://www.flickr.com/groups/suzibludolls/

You'll want some sort of realistic shading on the face to give it shape. The real fun is in trying to get as much depth with layers and layers of different colors and shading. Same thing with the backgrounds -- layers and layers of paint, color, textures, etc.

For the postcards I used cut out paper for the dresses, but you could paint them or color them with crayons or whatever. A lot of the pieces incorporate words or sayings that are appropriate for the picture.

katilady
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
And add skulls. Skulls are important. :geek:

seekingforart
01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Man, I'm really thinking about this one!!!! After this week-end I should know it will depend how much I get done!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_3_41.gif

coffeelatte
01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Skulls are only if you want a spooky cute girl! Not a requirement! You can be as sweet and pretty and pink and light as a feather if you want!

(But there are some pretty little girls that like skulls and ravens and spiderwebs even rats...) If you want to make cute rats, then go for it!

coffeelatte
01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
You know you want to Seekingforart...you know you really want to....come on....

coffeelatte
01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
When we're done with this one, are you interested in letting me include your pages in a little zine that I'd put together for the group? I have access to a beautiful color copier through my office. I'd been thinking about this, and then KatieV mentioned it would be a good theme.

What I'd love to do is a page for each girl, and a page for a little profile of you -- maybe with a picture of you, if you'd be willing.

Anyway, let's toss this idea around. It's nothing major (not a book) but sort of a keepsake, and so we could all share all (or most) of the pretties...

seekingforart
01-17-2009, 09:40 AM
That sounds wonderful...see... you making it tempting by the day...Go ahead sign me up!!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_20_8.gif

JoyFlower
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Hooray! Martha's in! :)

Cindy, the zine idea sounds really wonderful!

ArteDar
01-17-2009, 11:47 AM
C.L.Cindy.....I love love love love looooooooooooooooooooooooove the idea of a lil' zine book....can it get any better then this? How kewl to have a keepsake of everyone that played....you're so smart
:notworthy: :swoon:

goodmorningstarshine
01-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I love the idea too! We could attach it to a ribbon and tie it to our binding as an embellishment!

katilady
01-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Great idea Cindy!

Rina
01-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Love that idea!!!!

meganspaperstudio
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
awesome idea!!!!

coffeelatte
01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Seekingforart - Love that you've made the jump in!

JoyFlower
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I've been working on my pages...here's three of them in progress:

JoyFlower
01-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Here's another pic of the group of pages...they may need another layer of something before I seal them and add chunk.

seekingforart
01-20-2009, 06:40 AM
I see you been very busy! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_6.gif

katilady
01-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Those are great Pesto!

coffeelatte
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Beauty, Joyflower! I even see a little skull-y work in there!

ArteDar
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Keep me in mind when ya swap 'em out SwapMomMa...I'd love to have one of JoyFlowers' chunkies....fingers crossed!!! ;)
Peace!

JoyFlower
01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone. :cute: I can't wait to see everyone's creations!

coffeelatte
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Joyflower -- "Sniffle"...I broke my Xyron....

But I did get a Cropadile for Christmas...

JoyFlower
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM
My condolances on your Xyron, Cindy. :(

Did you get the handheld Cropadile, or the Big Bite? I have a regular one and LOVE it, but everytime I see the Big Bite I have to stop myself from buying it, lol...art tools and supplies are SO addictive!

artrageous
01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to join this swap!

artrageous
01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
just one question... is it pretty girls or spooky girls?

goodmorningstarshine
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I have both cropadiles. I bought the big bite because I can't find my handheld one. I must say I like the original better. It's easier to set the eyelets, and since I mainly do atcs and chunkies, I don't really need the extra reach as much as I thought I did. But I still can't figure out where the original is!

katilady
01-20-2009, 11:46 PM

I think you can do either or both!

KatieK2885
01-21-2009, 01:00 AM
I believe it is anything you want. I for exampl have a cupcake queen, angel, punk rocker and music. Still workin on the others but really want to make one into a bird!

coffeelatte
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes - you can do either (or both...pretty or spooky...or pretty spooky...or spooky pretty...)

My son bought me the hand held Cropadile. I've used it for two projects now -- I've got carpal tunnel syndrome and it is much easier to use than my old eyelet setter.

betzzz
01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Can I join in the fun? International

artrageous
01-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok, ya'll twisted my arms... LOL ..... please sign me up!

coffeelatte
01-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Betzzz and TotolyOzSome - you're both on the list now! So glad you've joined us!

goatgoddess
01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I just found this! and I've pulled the plug on the no more swaps thing and I so need to get back to this and finish my classes so this works perfect

sign me up please :)

coffeelatte
01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
So happy to have you join us, goatgoddess!

goodmorningstarshine
01-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I was a very good girl today and drew all my heads. I still need to figure out how to do shading; my printer's out of ink and they won't let me look at the internet at work, so they look a little...pale.

I was proud of myself because I thought of something nifty, though. I knew that if I started making there heads without any structure, I'd wind up with just a bunch of giant heads (Suzi appears to make larger art than 4 by 4 inches :) ). So my pages wouldn't just be heads I cut out 2 by 2 pieces of card stock. I traced around an inchie near the middle to top of that piece of cardstock. I drew their heads to fit exactly inside the inchie and erased the pencil from the inchie. ThenI drew their hair within the remainder of the cardstock. Ta-dum! Proportial heads that will allow me to still make cool clothes and backgrounds!

katilady
01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
YAY!!

adriayna
01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Booo....for three days I tried drawing pretty girls. And all I ended up with were trees. Go ahead and withdraw me from this swap--clearly the inspiration is not there! :(

goodmorningstarshine
01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Booo....for three days I tried drawing pretty girls. And all I ended up with were trees. (

Ha! That's okay, Dana. Your trees are very very pretty!

goodmorningstarshine
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
The continuing saga of the pretty girls

So I called in sick today, since there is a big snow and ice storm outside. I actually live 5 minutes from work and had a ride, but I didn't want to go. I will probably call in tomorrow, too, since my ride has a dentist appt and isn't going to work and my husband took my car and is spending the night at his sister's apartment. (She lives much closer to his job.

I spent the first 3 hours of the day watching Suzi videos. I then decided to make backgrounds for my pretty girls. I layered scrapbook paper, and then gessoed over them, leaving some places more transparent than others. I wrote the inspiring type of thing Suzi would say. "I rock" and "my art is perfect" and so on. Then I applied a glaze over that and layered pieces of tissue and mulberry paper. Then I lightly rubbed a different colored glaze over that. And...

I didn't like it. It is pretty enough, but not pretty enough for my pretty girls. And certainly not 3 1/2 hours of work pretty. I probably could have acheived the same look w/ tissue paper and a glaze. Suzi (I'm on a first name basis with her now:rolleyes:) would say that it is perfect, just not what was in my head. C'est la vie. They will make nice backgrounds for Dana's new tree swap. Back to the drawing board for the pretty girls.

coffeelatte
01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Oh, Dana...you've still got about two more months for inspiration to hit you...you're SURE you're going to give up so easily?

altermyworld
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
dana draw tree girls.
ANg

goodmorningstarshine
01-27-2009, 11:53 PM
dana draw tree girls.
ANg

Holy Crap! I love it.

coffeelatte
01-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh,that is a great idea -- tree girls! Are those dryads? I'd LOVE to see those!

altermyworld
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
i would love a tree girl also.
ANg

katilady
01-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I wanna tree girl!

goodmorningstarshine
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
You bet I want a tree girl! Green is my favorite color. Dana could make some awesome tree girls, and I'm pretty sure I've seen an awesome green pretty girl in Megan's gallery. I'll try to find it.

goodmorningstarshine
01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Yep I found her! Megan could make us some awesome dryad pretty girls.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/2650/medium/2_001.jpg

coffeelatte
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Anyone else who likes to create pretty, whimiscal girls?

coffeelatte
01-31-2009, 01:47 PM
I just want to say it again: these aren't due to me until the end of March. If you are having trouble getting what you want then there's no rush. Sad to have a couple of our friends drop out...

Summer5
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
May I play...love Suzi Blu...thanks. Jo

coffeelatte
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Cherbearvx - They will all have our own style, but please try to incorporate the techniques that SuziBlu uses. The theme is to have a richly layered page. You DO want to incorporate several techniques. A totally hand drawn girl using only pencil would not work, but one where you used pencil, crayon, paint and ink would be mixed media. If you are unsure, please look at the threads I've listed in the header. We're not looking for girls who are exact replicas of Suzi's, but we would like your interpretation of her techniques.

coffeelatte
02-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Summer5 - Thrilled to have you!

coffeelatte
02-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Cherbearvx - Did I answer your questions?

Anyone else on the thread got suggestions on how to clarify?

coffeelatte
02-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I hurt my back and have been hobbling around (like a hunchback) for several days. I get to see the dr today and hope I can get some muscle relaxant or something. I'm sleeping terribly and can't sit very long to craft. It is making me crabby. So hope I am not sounding that way when I post!

seekingforart
02-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear you hurt you back coffeelatte! I hurt mine last november and still trying to recuperate! I'm going to physical therapy every week!

Thalia
02-07-2009, 06:55 AM
What a perfect swap! :-D Please, may I join?
OH, do I have cover my girls with beeswax at the end? I`m not sure how this works.

katilady
02-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think you have to cover your page in beeswax, but it's a fun option! It's pretty easy, Suzi Blu has a tutorial on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPZRr2IQ-o&feature=channel_page) on how to do it.

Thalia
02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh, in this case I wont cover it with wax...but maybe only with my fixative spray.
I had a first try today, it`s in my gallery. I just wanted to ask if I go in the right direction, so what do you think? Enogh medias and layers etc?

katilady
02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I think it looks great Thalia. :)

purplecat
02-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok Coffeelatte, I am in!!! I have just about finished my chunky houses and I have the month off from my journal group(someone pulled out) So I can now commit the time!

JoyFlower
02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Thalia, that looks great! :)

I finally got all of mine sealed with diamond glaze, and have added chunkies to the first three, here's what they look like:
20541 Katia
20542 Bitsy
20543 Nina

I will finish adding chunkies to the rest over the weekend.

Summer5
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Thalia...love your first try girl...she grabbed me when I checked out the gallery this morning.

katilady
02-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Great girls Pesto!

seekingforart
02-07-2009, 04:08 PM
yeah for pesto! Beautiful girls....!

saraCollins
02-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi I am new, please can I join in this swap? I live in the UK thanks Sara

altermyworld
02-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Mine aren't looking so petite, they look more like teenagers, chubby girls, etc... is that ok?
ANg

katilady
02-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Ooooh! I LOVE chubby girls! Woot!

JoyFlower
02-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Variety is the spice of life! I wanna see what you're making! :)

altermyworld
02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
they are in the gallery, the two whimsey and goth prom date, goth is a recycled peice.
Ang

JoyFlower
02-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I think those are wonderful cherbearvx!! I LOVE that pink first one. :)

Thalia
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh, they are more than pretty! Personal I like the black haired better. ;-)

Summer5
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
soo pretty 'chocolate queen'....love your style

adriayna
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
OMG, these were really hard for me. I managed to do four, but I'm not sure i'm happy with them!

Coffeelate, can you PM me your addy? I'll be ready to ship soon!

coffeelatte
02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I was down flat for a lot of the weekend...sorry to have missed you.

SaraCollins - Message coming your way. Glad to have you join us!

Cherbearvx - You are totally spot on! Lovely work.

Adriayna - I am sure that you will WOW me with the girls you send - pm is on it's way to you.

coffeelatte
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Thalia - You are in, too! Excited to see what everyone is doing! (Your pink spiderweb girlie is fabulous!)

coffeelatte
02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Purplecat - Love it! So happy to have you, too!

My back is still pretty sore -- a bit better but not 100%. I spent the weekend unable to really sit or lounge, and definitely not very happy. Didn't get to do anything fun, felt very crabby. Today has been another long work day. Each time I get up to walk I'm told by someone else here in the office that I'm looking older than I really am. My doctor is not giving me anything other than telling me time and Aleve. Hobbling...

coffeelatte
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Rubber stamps and fabric are totally OK to incorporate.

I've used an ebony pencil and black Pitt pens to outline my girls. Suzi actually does wood burning on a lot of her girls, so the lines can be as dark as you'd like, with whatever media you are comfortable using.

thanks for the clarification. I think i'll make the bg (thinking of gesso, torn pages/ephemera elements, acrylics, etc and can we incorporate rubbertamps??) first then the girls. it'll be easier for layering..one last question, how would you outline the girls? my idea is to draw them on vintage text paper which i'll cut to paste on the bg and i don't want to use a black pen to outline them because the line would be too harsh..any ideas anyone? can we also incorporate fabrics?

coffeelatte
02-09-2009, 07:58 PM
No need to use beeswax unless you want to add it. I didn't use any on the girls I did for the last swap. (I just did some cards with wax and they smell SO good!)

What a perfect swap! :-D Please, may I join?
OH, do I have cover my girls with beeswax at the end? I`m not sure how this works.

altermyworld
02-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Yes a pencil works really well, a black Prisma lightly used, or a dark grey for outlining.
Ang

JoyFlower
02-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Just hijacking the thread momentarily:

If any of you want to use your mixed media layering skills on another project, there are six spots still open in my paper doll swap. :D

ArteDar
02-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey gang...here's a couple of my pages....the eyelets are set and will get the funky fibers and what~not as well as a bit more to finish 'em up.
There's more in my gallery if ya have time to take a peek.
I hope they are wanted by someone...I like how the lil' goth girls turned out....something new for me. AND....I even made a green one for our "Tree Woman"...ROFL!!!

seekingforart
02-11-2009, 06:49 AM
ArteDar ...They are just stunning! I love the girl with a tear and the tattoo on her neck!

goodmorningstarshine
02-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I love them, especially the goth girl and the tree girl. And the purple hair girls. They rock!

malinmaskros
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Iīm so loving what I see here - Cherbearvx, ArteDar, altermyworld, your cards are gorgeaus, and Iīm finding lots of my fave artists here as well. I havenīt ever tried chunky books before, but have been very tempted, there are some nice ones out there, and now I canīt resist! Please sign me up for an international spot, Cindy! And spooky gothic girls sounds good to me, if they should happen to go my way...

Thalia
02-11-2009, 11:13 AM
ArteDar I just love your girls! So beautiful!
Everybody here is doing such great work, I`m really curious which ones I will get. :-D

JoyFlower
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Oooohhh Dar! I want!!!! :D

artsiehorse
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh, this sounds fun! I'd like to join please!

malinmaskros
02-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I sure hope Iīm in, because Iīve started working on my pages... I havenīt added any dangly bits yet, Iīve just painted the front and back, I hope they are ok!

20766 20767 20768

JoyFlower
02-12-2009, 08:49 AM
They're adorable, malinmaskros!

malinmaskros
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks! I really enjoyed making them - Suzi Blu seems to be right up my alley, I canīt wait to get home, and work on the rest!

Thalia
02-12-2009, 12:18 PM
and again I like the black haired most ;-)

Rina
02-12-2009, 02:16 PM
THEY ARE CUTE!!!

coffeelatte
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
'Eh, maties! I'm sorry I've been running crazy at work this week. Tomorrow starts a 3 day weekend for me, and my back is feeling much better. New mattress being delivered tomorrow afternoon, too! Relaxation!

Summer5 - Sorry I didn't get your name on the list earlier, I am adding you now!

Malinmaskros and Artsiehorsie - You are both on board, too! So glad to have such a wonderful group.

ArteDar - Beauties, both!

ArteDar
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
malinmaskros....AWESOME pages!
TY everyone for your kind compliments.....there's more in my Gallery SwapMumCoffeeLatte!

Thalia
02-13-2009, 07:51 AM
My girls are ready to mail, just need the address and they`ll be on their way :-D

malinmaskros
02-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Thank you, so many kind words! Iīve done some more pages - yes, Iīm going for the big 8!

20816 20817 20818 20819

seekingforart
02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
your girls are adorable malinmaskros!

katilady
02-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I LOVE your girls malinmaskros!

malinmaskros
02-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks! My last pages are done, I made one extra (the Alice one) to keep (I always make one card to keep when Iīm in ATC swaps, so why quit now?). Now Iīm waiting for my hole punch to arrive (I ordered it yesterday), so I can get to work with the chunk!

20911 20912

Rina
02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
SSSOOOO CUTE!!! I especially love the one with the boobies...LOL

coffeelatte
02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I like the peace sign girl a lot, Malinmaskros!

Thallia - address coming your way!

artrageous
02-14-2009, 04:55 PM
mine will be one side cute one side spooky/cute, lol today has been a hectic day, so im working on anything, took my dog to the groomer and the stupid girl ended up cutting a piece of his tongue off, so i'll be spending most of the day laying down with him

Rina
02-14-2009, 05:36 PM
OUCH....poor doggie!!! sorry to hear that!!!

goodmorningstarshine
02-15-2009, 10:42 AM
I am so proud! I worked on my pretty girls yesterday (I only had floating heads before) and I think they're looking really good! I didn't think they would come together so well. They still have a lot of work to go, but they have pleased me!

coffeelatte
02-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Nooooo!!!! I hate hearing that about your poor doggie, Totoly!

I look forward to seeing your creations, goodmorningstarshine!

malinmaskros
02-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Sorry about your dog, Totoly - I wonder though - how ever did the groomer manage to cut his tongue?!

Thank you - I really appreciate all of the nice things you have to say about my girls! (btw - the "booby" one is an Earth goddess, and the "peace sign" one is a hippie - yes, they do have their personalities!

Thalia
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I cut once my tongue with my scissors (I really can`t remember how I managed this.), so I know how the poor dog is suffering!

Coffeelatte, I took my girls to the mail this morning, but I think they will take their time, it`s a long way from Switzerland to Oregon.

artrageous
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
the first thing she said was "i hope i didnt cut his tongue with the scissors when i trim around his mouth"... then the story became, he must have bit his own tongue off.

goodmorningstarshine
02-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Sad news on my pretty girls. I had their faces shaded with an acrylic paint/colored pencil combo that was pretty fine indeed. I went to the store and bought a hot pot, a craft iron, and a block of beeswax. The beeswax soaked into my paper and messed up my shading! They look like really pale girls with bad foundation application!

saraCollins
02-17-2009, 04:13 PM
I have done my pretty girlas and am posting them tomorrow

artsiehorse
02-17-2009, 06:31 PM
goodmorningstarshine: That's HORRIBLE about your girlies! but, like a train wreck... I wanna see!!

Totally: YOur POOR puppy! Unfortunatly, that's not the first groomer mishap I've heard of. I know one lady who had her dog's toe cut off. These people should be licensed.

katilady
02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
OMG! Poor puppy! Give him a pat for me!

Summer5
02-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi ladies...some great dolls being created here, just working on my first one at the moment. I think I remember in one of the Suzi Blu videos, that she doesn't put the beeswax on the faces, just on the the rest of the painting. I know I saw that somewhere on one of the many videos I have been watching. Hope that helps. Hugs, Jo

goodmorningstarshine
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Rats. I didn't see that video.

malinmaskros
02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Iīve chunkyfied my girls, but since itīs my very first time, and I havenīt seen any chunkies irl, I donīt know if they look ok. Be brutally honest - do I need to work on them some more? Remove anything, add anything? Oh, and thereīs a crucifix on one of them, is it ok? I know some have a problem with religious stuff...

21438 21439 21440

21441 21442

Thalia
02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Very beautiful, I especially like the little duck at the winged girl`s page.:yes:

malinmaskros
02-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks! I thought I needed a bird there (because she "believe she can fly!"), but I didnīt have any charms or beads, so I made one myself. I like how they came out (I made a cupcake for one girl, and an eye for another chunky), they feel like wood, even though they are made of layered cardstock.

coffeelatte
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Beautiful pages coming from this group! I'm sorry to have been off-line for a couple days -- think I've responded to all your messages now.

I think I recall Suzi did say on her website somewhere that she didn't wax on the faces. So sorry that happened to you goodmorningstarshine!

goodmorningstarshine
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
No, I'm so sorry that happened to all of you. :cute:

Summer5
02-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Loving those chunkified girlies malinmaskros...certainly adds more character.

goodmorningstarshine
02-19-2009, 02:20 PM
They've been mailed!

Summer5
02-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Finished one chunkie for the swap...so hooked on this mixed media stuff...

goodmorningstarshine
02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
I love it!

dolores4fun
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Okay, I think I'm ready to do my very first chunky page swap! Please sign me up. I hope I do it right! I'm obsessed with Suzi Blu. My favorite video is with her dancing to the Bollywood music.

dolores4fun
02-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a question, some of the chunky book how to's talk about leaving room for binding. Do you guys do that, and if so how much? Or do you just leave them to be displayed alone? I've never done this before so might have lots of questions.

katilady
02-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Dolores, I live an inch or so on the left free of chunky-ness. It's still decorated but there are no fiber-y bits, or little doodads there. And ask away!

goodmorningstarshine
02-20-2009, 10:40 PM
My stupid bind it all requires about an inch to an inch and a half or the page won't slide down into the machine far enough to punch holes. It's very annoying.

dolores4fun
02-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Okay, I ended up putting my girl on the right and putting a sun and some flowers on the left so it wouldn't cover up the pretty part. I'll upload a picture when it dries some.

dolores4fun
02-21-2009, 01:43 AM
So, what do you do to the backs of your pages?

katilady
02-21-2009, 01:49 AM
I usually put pretty paper, maybe some doodles or stamping along with all the info normally included on the back of an ATC. You don't need to go all out, but don't leave it undecorated either.

dolores4fun
02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
This is fun. I just realized that I've spent the last 6 hours on one page. :)

dolores4fun
02-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I probably should have scanned her before I put the ribbon in. Her face looks a little warped. I used a lot of shimmery paints which you can't really tell. My very first chunky book page. :rolleyes:

artsiehorse
02-21-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm going to step out and leave the pretty girls to the rest of you. sorry!

Thalia
02-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Wow Dolores, very beautiful first page! I love the three flowers! And the sun and the cat and of course the girl.:cute: Hope I will get one of your pages. :laugh:

dolores4fun
02-21-2009, 04:43 AM
Thank you!

Okay, I have another question. How do you all adhere embellishments? I just used a big glob of gel medium to glue and old earring on my next card. Do you think that will hold?

malinmaskros
02-21-2009, 06:53 AM
I love your girl, Summer, and your first girl is really pretty, Dolores! I did my first ever chunkies in this swap too, and had a lot of question marks. I still donīt know if my pages are ok, I guess Iīll see when I get all of the pages back, so I have something to compare with!

coffeelatte
02-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Dolores4fun - So glad to have you join.

Artsiehorsie - remember you've got until the end of March, so if inspiration strikes, please feel free to step back in!

coffeelatte
02-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Malinmaskros - Your pages are going to be beautiful - more than fine!

coffeelatte
02-21-2009, 01:06 PM
As far as the binding question, most people leave it fairly "flat" on the right side for 1/2 - 1 inch. The page can still be decorated, just not super chunky.

For the back I do a little decorating -- usually some pretty paper, and a label with my name, etc. It's really up to you how elaborate you want on that side, but please do put your identification on that back of the page.

coffeelatte
02-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Adriayna - Your tree girls arrived, and they are wonderful! Thank you so much for going out of your comfort zone...the results are beautiful!

katilady
02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Dolores your 1st page is fab! I use Diamond Glaze and Krazy Glue to hold bigger embellies.

coffeelatte
02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I use Diamond Glaze for a lot of the bigger stuff, too.

katilady
02-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Here is my 1st chunky, pre-chunk!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Chunky_PrettyGirl1.jpg

JoyFlower
02-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Ooohh....lovely! Fab background!

Summer5
02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
katilady...quite lovely...I want her....maybe I might get lucky??

seekingforart
02-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Katilady she is gorgeous!

dolores4fun
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
She is very cool!

katilady
02-22-2009, 06:44 PM
My new girl is dark and dirty and she likes it that way!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Chunky_PrettyGirl2.jpg

seekingforart
02-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice, she is very pretty! I love the background!

artsiehorse
02-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Cute!

so what exactly did the dove do?....

katilady
02-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, the girl here, is prone to do bad things when she has be spurned by someone. She looks kinda pissed, doesn't she?

seekingforart
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think she looks pissed, I think she looks kind of "I'm gonna get you if you keep up"

katilady
02-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Here's one for those of you who like more normal pretty girls!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Chunky_PrettyGirl3.jpg

JoyFlower
02-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Lol, I'm not qualified to judge what qualifies as normal....but I love all of your pages, even that pissy dove punisher, :laugh: The background on that one is fantastic!

goodmorningstarshine
02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I love the new page. And now that the dirty girl has a name, "Pissy Dove Punisher" I find that I enjoy her personality more.

katilady
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Dude, I am so writing 'Pissy Dove Punisher' on the back of that page!

JoyFlower
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Heeheehee - I love this group! :)

coffeelatte
02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Katilady! Little beauties, all!

I have four pages under way -- need to chunk 'em up but will try to scan today and post. I'm really having fun with 'em. Hope you are too!

altermyworld
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Great pages! I am also going for the big 8, i have 7 done. I have posted more in my gallery. Like i said some of them don't look like "little girls" Coffeelatte if this is not what you were thinking please let me know.
ANg

curbsidetreasure
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
malin - i think your work looks really great! and the pages are definitely chunkied with the riboons and fibers.

JoyFlower
02-23-2009, 06:43 PM
ANg - I lovelovelove your pages! Absolutely drooling over sunny side and rebel gurl!

coffeelatte
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
ANG! Those are so beautiful!

I'm not sure mine are so much little girls, either...really I think I'm more about trying to use the techniques that Suzi Blu talks about. Here's four of mine -- still work in progress, but I'm happy with how they are coming along for the most part.

coffeelatte
02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Any suggestions on how to do the dresses on the two that are still white?

JoyFlower
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Those are terrific, Cindy! :) On the hearts one, I think it would be fun to do something that would "pop" like a bright happy green...and either black or red on the last one...she's my favorite. :cute:

katilady
02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
My heart pitter patters for #2 of yours Cindy!

katilady
02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
On the hearts one I would make the dress orange except the strip where the buttons are, that I would make pink!

I would go yellow on the last one!

malinmaskros
02-24-2009, 06:23 AM
I love your girls, Ang and Cindy!

Thalia
02-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Your pages are awesome, both of you!
Love especially your mermaid girl, Ang

GypsyFroggie
02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Coffeelatte!!!!
I found my way finally! Sorry been a little slow! I would love to play!
Gypsy

betzzz
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
I am ready to mail out my pretties once I get the addy from the host....so happy to share with everyone with my outcomes uploaded in the gallery and my blog...:jiggy:

ArteDar
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
AWEOME pages girls....I'm so happppppy I joined....I just adore every page I've seen....I want ALL of 'em...oink~oink!!!
OX

coffeelatte
02-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Welcome to my buddy, GypsyFroggie! So glad you are with us!

Betzzz - PM sent to you with my mailing information just now.

coffeelatte
02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Sara Collins - Your pretty girls arrived safely at my house yesterday! They are super duper...and I love the gold letters you used. I have never seen those anywhere locally!

malinmaskros
02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
I love your Pretty Girls, Betzzz, the blonde is my fave!

goodmorningstarshine
02-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I love the blonde, too! And the princess

betzzz
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Heehehe...thanks for all the comments....Me love them all !!

Summer5
02-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Here's another completed one...Frida theme...

Sure are some pretty girlies being created for this swap...did I hear another oink, oink...besides me ???

seekingforart
02-27-2009, 07:10 AM
oh I want her bad! Lovely work Summer!

malinmaskros
02-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Your Frida is beautiful!

coffeelatte
02-27-2009, 08:39 AM
You are ALL creating amazing pieces for this, friends! ***THIS is one of the benefits of hosting, that I will get to hold each one of these treasures in my hands!***

Is the group still interested in having me put together a zine with pictures of their girls, so you can see each one? I'll send a pm with more specifics when the swap due date gets closer, but I think it would be really a fun thing to do!

JoyFlower
02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
LOVE the idea of a zine! Especially since I have wanted like every single page I have seen so far. :yes:

malinmaskros
02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I think a zine is a great idea!

Iīm ready to ship, I need your address!

betzzz
02-27-2009, 12:12 PM
I have mailed out my girls today.....

Rina
02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
YES...I'm interested in a zine....I went for the big 8 as well plus a host card....my girls are just about done and hope to have them posted by next week.....I'm really enjoying this swap and love all the girlies I've been seeing here!!!

Thalia
02-27-2009, 02:08 PM
A zine would be wonderful! So many beautiful, cute, funny girls, I want them all and add them to a huge chunky book!:D

dolores4fun
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm having a blast with these! I think I'm going to shoot for 4 pretty sweet girls and 4 pretty dark girls. I think I'll have the pretty sweet girl finished up tonight.

dolores4fun
02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
My girls.

JoyFlower
02-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Great pages, dolores! Love that one with the feathers!!!

artrageous
02-28-2009, 12:59 AM
my pretty/scary-pretty girls are done and will go on the mail as soon as I get an address to ship them :goofy:

coffeelatte
02-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Totoly - sent you a PM confirming the address.

Malinmaskros - I sent you one, too...sorry -- I thought I'd sent a confirmation on the address last week.

Dolores - They are all wonderful, but the feathered one is particularly fantastic.

***ZINE: I will come up with a little "release" form (so anyone who has concerns about use of their art will feel comfortable) and get to scanning these as they come in. If all goes well, I'll have it ready to go out in the returns I send back to you!***

goodmorningstarshine
02-28-2009, 11:50 AM
You still haven't received mine? I mailed them Thursday before last. I hope they haven't decided to go to Vegas to see the Chippendale's or something. They're always getting into trouble...

katilady
02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Dolores your girls are RAD!!!

GMS, did you give your girls good directions to Coffeelatte's house? Maybe they got lost? :D

coffeelatte
02-28-2009, 12:44 PM
GMS - not yet. Only two arrivals so far. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

goodmorningstarshine
03-01-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't have a very good sense of direction. I kind of pointed toward Oregon and told them to make their way in the world.

Not very good parenting, I guess.

goodmorningstarshine
03-01-2009, 03:51 PM
They came back home! Looks like my girls didn't want to go to camp. It says No ony by this name at this address, so could you please re-send me your address so I can send them out again Cindy?

knesi07
03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
i've been lurking and waiting to see if i'd have time to make these. since tomorrow looks like it's going to be a snow day here in ny, i would like to sign up! can i play along too?

seekingforart
03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
yes mam indeed! It's coming down here in maryland! It looks so pretty!

knesi07
03-01-2009, 09:02 PM
seeking- how much are you expecting?

seekingforart
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
They are talking 8 to 10 inches! It's coming steady so I believe tomorrow, no one is moving early in the morning!

JoyFlower
03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Wow! All we've gotten today is rain... Fresh falling snow is so pretty...

seekingforart
03-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I'll be making snow angels tomorrow! Yipeee!

knesi07
03-01-2009, 11:27 PM
well it started at 10pm. we're expecting 7-10 in. they already canceled school, so i'm going to start making some pretty girls! YiPee!

coffeelatte
03-02-2009, 09:29 AM
That is absolutely crazy! We've lived here almost 20 years...so I will resend the info to you in a pm and will you let me know what the difference is in how it's addressed? I live in a university area and sometimes get mail that should have gone to my neighbors, but ***I*** always hand deliver their mail if it shows up in my mail box!

They came back home! Looks like my girls didn't want to go to camp. It says No ony by this name at this address, so could you please re-send me your address so I can send them out again Cindy?

coffeelatte
03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Knesi07 - Welcome to the group!

coffeelatte
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
By the way, Goodmorningstarshine, I am SO relieved they showed up again at your end!

I must be in the weird mail vortex right now...

seekingforart
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
well today, I was experimenting with liquid sculpey on Canvas panel, I used melted crayon technique on top of the sculpey and it was very slick, I used very dark colors of purple and orange. (hard to tell since they came out so lite) It was hard to paint with acrylics, but I'm very happy with it. To finish it...I used clear embossed. It was an art journey for sure! - This is a postcard but I'm getting ready to do those beautiful girls.

goodmorningstarshine
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it was my addressing skills. There was a sticker over the address that said "attempted, not known" and it tore off the address when I took it off. I just readdressed over the top of the torn off section and will send them off again tomorrow. No worries!

artsiehorse
03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Seeking, that sounds like a lot of work! But the results are amazing. Really worth the effort!

seekingforart
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
yeah! it was... but sometimes I spend that much time on an ATC. This idea was on my head for a very long time! :)

knesi07
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
that's cool SFA...you're inspiring me to try melting some crayons!

knesi07
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
my girls are all a WIP...i'm going for 8! my goth girls needs help! haha here's a preview:

artsiehorse
03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, they're GREAT! I wish I had the muse to do them right now. I think your Goth girl is coming along nicely. I really like her dress.