PDA

View Full Version : Conquering the World with ATCs

lemurkat
01-14-2009, 05:39 AM
I've decided to chart how many countries/states my art has found its way into and discovered something sad - whilst I have conquered much of North America (US and Canada) I am sadly lacking in art from Africa, Asia and even Australia! I have NOTHING from South America and very little from Oceania.

So please, if you are from one of the more obscure countries and you fancy my art, drop me a line and I'll send something your way!

Kat

lemurkat
01-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Thanks to the wonderful thread started by Asena (I think?) I have now PM'd a bunch of you from countries my art has yet to visit. I shall be sending out art to all of you who are interested. Please note that unless you want to choose from my Pokemon backlist: http://lemurkat.xi.co.nz/Pokemon/pokemon2008/available.html ALL CARDS will be individually created and thus may take some time. I shall try and post to this list everytime anything goes postal or I complete a card for you. None of you need feel oblidged to send me a card/cards in return until I have posted out yours.

Trades of 3/3s:
Avidstamper (Greece) (cats) (Am in same Artist PAT group) 1/3 DONE

Completed:
Turquoise (Ireland) POSTED 27/1 RECEIVED 5/2
Nomnom (Israel) POSTED 27/1 RECEIVED 10/2
Arwym (Puerto Rico) POSTED 3/2 RECEIVED
Merlinprincess (Quebec) POSTED 9/02 RECEIVED 18/2 (RECEIVED RETURN)
AmyS (Israel) POSTED 9/02 RECEIVED 18/2 (RECEIVED RETURN)
Zeablue (France) (Cats) POSTED 9/02 RECEIVED 14/02 (RECEIVED RETURN)
Kuroba (Chile) POSTED 9/02 RECIEVED 25/02 (RECEIVED RETURN)
Dalem (Korea) POSTED 9/02 RECEIVED 18/02
Neca (Tasmania) POSTED 16/02 RECEIVED 20/02 (RECEIVED RETURN)
Batraplume (France) POSTED 24/02 RECEIVED
Tinka (Belgium) POSTED 24/02 RECEIVED 10.03 (RECEIVED RETURN)
Miloccep (SIngapore) POSTED 24/02 RECEIVED (RECEIVED RETURN)
Peggyapl (Phillipines) POSTED RECEIVED (RECEIVED RETURN)
Pausibility (Singapore) POSTED RECEIVED (RECEIVED RETURN)
PageMaster (South Africa) POSTED 23/02

Those of you in BOLD still owe me cards!

Merlinprincesse
01-15-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm in for 3/3! I will check what you like in your pool and will make you 3 cards! :) Maybe dark art... ;o)
I will PM you later to tell you what I like but I LOVE CATS *hint hint*

lemurkat
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm in for 3/3! I will check what you like in your pool and will make you 3 cards! :) Maybe dark art... ;o)
I will PM you later to tell you what I like but I LOVE CATS *hint hint*

I got that from your profile! Any particular cats? Breeds or themes? Fantasy cats or real cats?

Kat

Merlinprincesse
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Any cat, Kat! :) But don't begin right now! I still have so many cards to make before yours! :shocked: I will PM you as soon as they will be ready!

Tinka
01-16-2009, 04:06 AM
I"m one of the people you pm'd and I would be very happy with a 3/3 trade!:jiggy:

lemurkat
01-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Thanks Tinka! I like your birds, have you any more bird images to collage? Or would you be interested in handdrawing them? Have you any favourite animals? I will just add, I don't do collage, mine are all handdraw so I hope you'll like them.

Kat

sniisk
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
If you want to trade some ATCs from Finland, you can send a PM.

lemurkat
01-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks Sniisk - I've already got a few in Finland but I'll keep you in mind for when I've worked through the current lot!

Kat

lemurkat
01-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Okay, first one done!

This is for Turquoise of Ireland who lists among the cards she collects:
"...Whimsical Teapots and Teacups..."

It's "Tea for Two"! It is very sparkly in reality, which didn't scan so good.

As for the others...

As so many of you are collecting cats, I am planning a set based on the book by Eve Sutton "My cat likes to hide in boxes". There are at least 7 quirky cats mentioned in the prose, from all parts of the world. If you don't know the story, stay tuned! I shall upload the full set up here and let you select which ones you want.

And I am working on portraits of three beautiful women for Nomnom. For these I have selected women from three different cultures - African, Indian and Japanese. I have completed the girls, but need to work on the backgrounds.

So I shall keep you all psoted. If any of you have specific requests for me, please do be letting me know.

LuvLoz
01-21-2009, 07:02 AM
What do you mean you lacking in art from Australia? Ohhhh, you mean besides all the cards from me? :)

Love the tea cups!

lemurkat
01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Well actually, I've got it in every province of Australia except the middle top one and Tasmania (which I"m working on). I updated my records since I made this post! You've got Queensleand well covered though ^^

Kat

Merlinprincesse
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I've checked the book on the net, and I can't wait to see what you're going to do with that idea! :)
Your teapot is beautiful, BTW!

LuvLoz
01-21-2009, 11:01 PM
The "middle top one" LOL. Almost as creative a title as it's real one of Northern Territory. ;) Not anywhere near as many people living in NT as other places in Australia, so I can see why you'd struggle on that.

I can give my mum a nudge to trade with you if you would like some China trading, but it might confuse your records when she moves back to Australia in a few years.

lemurkat
01-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Three done for Nomnom - if she wants them!

Kat

Merlinprincesse
01-22-2009, 10:36 AM
This is beautiful!!!!!!

lemurkat
02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Have posted out to Nomnom and turquoise and made 3 "My cat likes to hide in boxes" cards. Will make another three before uploading them here for you to choose.

Am also working on a card for Arwym of Puerto Rico.

Kat

nomnom
02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks Kat - I really can't wait for my beauties to arrive - :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Merlinprincesse
02-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm still struggling to find how an half-rat half-lezard creature is looking like.... For now, I've downloaded many images of rats and lezard from the net, and I'm doodleling (is that a word?) a lot! Having much fun, though! :) And it's a great challenge! I always am amazed how things are created by my hand... hehhehehehe...
Will keep you posted!

lemurkat
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Here's the one that's destined for Puerto Rico.

Tis a piwakawaka or fantail.

lemurkat
02-02-2009, 12:51 AM
And the first for Tinka - it is a Red Tulip

Plus ladybird.

Flowers make a nice change, although I'm not very good at them.

lemurkat
02-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Merlineprincess - you are an Edward Gorey fan yes? I might have to let him inspire me ^^

Kat

katilady
02-02-2009, 01:13 AM
I suppose you have enough cards from California, sigh. But if you ever need more keep me in mind! :D

lemurkat
02-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Anyone would think I was participating in a DAT.

Here's the last for today - Persian Tea for Merlineprincess. Inspired by the photographs of Rachael Hale.

Merlinprincesse
02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
OMG!!!! This is too cute!!! :notworthy: And YES! I am a fan of Gorey! :) I'm on vacation for a week beginnging next Saturday! So I will create your cards during that week! :jiggy:

lemurkat
02-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Another one for Merlinprincess.

Inspired by Edward Gorey.

malinmaskros
02-04-2009, 07:22 AM
If you want cards from Sweden, Iīd love to do a trade! 3/3 or 1/1, you decide!

Merlinprincesse
02-04-2009, 12:20 PM
AAAHHHHH! You draw so well! Gorey must be proud or you! :) He's certainly sending ya inspiration! MAYBE HE'S YOUR MUSE!!!!!! heheheh....
I'm so happy you asked for that exchange. But at the same time, I hope my cards will be as nice as yours! *glurp*

lemurkat
02-04-2009, 01:27 PM
malinmaskros - I'm in Sweden already, but shall keep you in mind! Your art is lovely and Alice in Wonderland is awesome ^^ However... I see you've made a card for someone in Denmark called "Mona" - is she on here? IF so, can you let her know I'd like to send an ATC to her country.

Only one left to do for you Merlinprincess!

Looking at the US states, these are the ones where I haven't recorded art going (but I've not kept good records):
Arizona
Arkansas
Conneticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Iowa
Louisiana
Maine
Mississipi
Montana
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Dakota
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia

Also I need Greenland and about half the Canadian provinces (Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, NW Territories, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Suskatchewen, Yukon) and Australia's Northern Territory.

If you are from one of these states/provinces and have art from me, can you please let me know? I'm sure I've sent to some of these places.

Kat

lemurkat
02-05-2009, 03:55 AM
And now to complete Merlinprincess's cards:

"...The Cat from Quebec went on a Snow Trek...

(...But my cat likes to hide in boxes)."

Based on the picture book by Eve Sutton. I made up the rhyme though.

Cats from Spain, Greece, France, Berlin, Norway and Japan to come. But I wanted to make one specific to the country it was going to.

Kat

malinmaskros
02-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Too bad, but if you ever want to trade, Iīd be happy to! No, Mona isnīt here, she saw my cards on my blog, and asked to trade. She doesnīt have a blog and no flickr, so you canīt see her cards anywhere (literally a blind trade), and I wasnīt too happy about the cards she sent me, but if you still want her addy, I can PM it to you!

Merlinprincesse
02-05-2009, 10:32 AM
LEMURKAT!!!! This card is a work of art! You even found our flag! That is awsome! My sis and my niece are going to be jealous! Hheheheheheheh....
I will make a special post on my blog as soon as I will receive yours. PMing you now... :)

jklee
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Kat somebody from Uruguay just joined, she posted in the Spanish social group. Her name is terreus

lemurkat
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks Jklee and thanks Malinmaskros! It's okay, Malin, I'll get into Denmark another way ^^ Thanky ou for your considerations. Sorry I can't trade with you yet but I'm overcommitted, for now.

Kat

Merlinprincesse
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I've checked my address book....:)
There is Tattogirl, from Iowa
Monarch is from North Dakota
Egod is from Arkansas...
And there is Milloccpep, who made beautiful Origami and who is from Singapore! :)

lemurkat
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Seet, I've traded with Monarch and Tattoogirl already. So I can cross them off.

Thanks for that, Merlin princess!

Kat

lemurkat
02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Here we go with the "My cat likes to hide in boxes" series.

Basically, this picture book by Eve Sutton and illustrated by Lynley Dodd (of Hairy Maclary fame) is about how exciting cats are in other countries and how "my cat likes to hide in boxes"...

So I figured, might as well illustrated my own!

So here we have:

The Cat from France loves to Sing and Dance... (for Zeablue, if she wants it)

The Cat from Spain flew an Aeroplane

The Cat from Greece joined the Police (want it Avidstampcarver?)

The Cat from Berlin played the Violin

Also to come eventually:

The Cat from Norway got stuck in the Doorway
The Cat from Japan waved a Big, Blue Fan
The Cat from Chile (For Kuroba)

... but my cat likes to hide in boxes!

If you are on my list and want the Berlin or Spain cards, please let me know!

lemurkat
02-06-2009, 05:03 AM
And for Kuroba:

The Cat from Chile was a little bit silly...

lemurkat
02-07-2009, 06:05 AM
And another two...

For AmyS (Who wanted an NZ animal)
Kereru (NZ Woodpigeon)

and for Kuroba (who likes coffee)
Kopi Luwak

Um... is anyone actually reading this thread aside from Merlinprincess? I'd appreciate some feedback from the people I'm drawing for!

Kat

Merlinprincesse
02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm reading this thread every day, cause I subscribed to it. It's candy for the eyes! I really love all what you draw and think you should make a book with all your beautiful drawings!!! :) I drool seeing each of your cards.... hehehehehe..... I think I'm a fan! And good news!!! Since I'm on vacation from today, I'm now ready to make some cards for you. I think I'm going to make more than 3.... Can I post them here so you can choose wich one you prefer? They will all be about the journey of Hemlock in the Magic Kingdom of Merlinprincesse... :)

lemurkat
02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm reading this thread every day, cause I subscribed to it. It's candy for the eyes! I really love all what you draw and think you should make a book with all your beautiful drawings!!! :) I drool seeing each of your cards.... hehehehehe..... I think I'm a fan! And good news!!! Since I'm on vacation from today, I'm now ready to make some cards for you. I think I'm going to make more than 3.... Can I post them here so you can choose wich one you prefer? They will all be about the journey of Hemlock in the Magic Kingdom of Merlinprincesse... :)

I would love to see them as a preview ^^

Funny you should say that, Merlinpricness as Lulu sent me an email yesterday to say they do "photo books" and I'm thinking of doing one with my tarot cards and maybe my Exotic Animal Alhpabet when it is finished. So... You never know!

Kat

jklee
02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
:wideeyed:I have been lurking here everyday...:wideeyed:

lemurkat
02-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I know Jklee and you've been very helpful too ^^ You've helped me get art into Guatemala!

Kat

lemurkat
02-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Will be posting out tomorrow to:

Zeablue (France), AmyS (Israel), Merlinprincess (Quebec) and maybe Dalem and Kuroba too, if I get your addresses! *hint hint*

Although I've still one card left to make for Kuroba I am confident I shall manage it today.

Oh and here's Dalem's humuhumu-nukanuka-apua'a:

Kat

lemurkat
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM
And the final one for Kuroba.

I'm rather racing through these, it's awesome!

Kat

LuvLoz
02-08-2009, 06:21 AM
These are all stunning! You really have stepped it up a notch.

lemurkat
02-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks Luvloz - which reminds me, I need to get your mum's address in India. Or was it China? I've forgotten where everything is going! What sort of things does she like?

Kat

lemurkat
02-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Nomnom and Turquoise have received their pieces.

A number of others went postal on monday.

I now only have three left to work through - Neca, Avidstamper and Tinka. Tiem to start PMing some more people!

Kat

jonquil
02-11-2009, 05:33 AM
I love them all - especially the cat series and especially the cat from Chile

Merlinprincesse
02-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Just to keep you posted... I have finished 2 cards out of 6. All the drawings are done and I still have to put colours on 4. I think they should be ready today or tomorrow. I will then scan them and post them here, so you can chooooooose! :)

nomnom
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
my three beauties arrived safely - and joined the family - I'm very happy with them - and I hope they will be happy to be here - thank u so much - I think conquering the world with Art is a very good thing to do and will surely make the world a better place to live :D

Merlinprincesse
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello! My cards are done. There are six of them. Just PM me to tell me wich one you want. I will put them in my pool. :)

lemurkat
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Here's a little brown calf for Neca84:

I am planning on a cat too - but I need a rhyme for "Tasmania" Help?

jklee
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Check these sites out Kat:
This one looks for words that rhyme http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=Tasmania&typeofrhyme=perfect&org1=syl&org2=l
This one gives you words ending the last syllable of your original word. http://www.onelook.com/?w=*nia&scwo=1&sswo=1

LuvLoz
02-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks Luvloz - which reminds me, I need to get your mum's address in India. Or was it China? I've forgotten where everything is going! What sort of things does she like?

Kat

Hey Kat,

She's living in China at the moment. I sent her an email to this thread, so she should pop in soon. I know she likes cats, so maybe another cat in a box for Chaina?

Oh, and I LOVE the cow calf.

lemurkat
02-14-2009, 02:52 AM
A cat for China sounds good. Now to think up a good rhyme for that!

The cat from Tasmania liked to roll in titania?

lemurkat
02-15-2009, 05:04 AM
And here's the second for Neca84.

Now onto Tinka ^^

lemurkat
02-15-2009, 08:29 PM
And another for Tinka.

It is called "The Goblin in the Teapot" - not very original, I know.

Posted to Neca today.

lemurkat
02-17-2009, 05:20 AM
And the final one for Tinka.

lemurkat
02-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Has anyone started receiveing these yet? I posted a bunch off last monday, so some - the European ones, should be arriving any day now! The others may take a little longer...

Kat

Merlinprincesse
02-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Mine are here!!! Mine are here!!!!! Today! :) :) :)
They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I will PM you...

lemurkat
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Here's the first for Peggapl.

Not happy with this one, the colours came out muddy. May have to make her a bonus card.

The Cat from the Philippines collected old magazines.

lemurkat
02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Will be posting to Batraplume today. Tinka's are delayed because I have no address!

Kat

lemurkat
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
And another cat. This one for Miloccep.

Probably the last of this series for a while.

The Cat from Singapore was proud of his roar.

Posting out to Tinka and Miloccep as well today. It's going to be an expensive send-out! I've got at least a halfdozen letters to go...

Merlinprincesse
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Just sending a feedback.... Reading your thread to see the beautiful cards you make. It's like candy for the eyes! :)

lemurkat
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Thank you Merlin!

lemurkat
02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Have received delightful cards from Merlinprincess and Zeablue and have a package awaiting me from NEca at my parents' which I shall pick up on saturday.

Thanks guys for helping me conquer the world!

Kat

lemurkat
03-02-2009, 04:29 AM
I always get a little stuck when peole say "just draw me anything" or "I'll be happy with whatever you send" and have a profile page with no information on their interests or anything... So here's a couple that I'm unsure of.

But first, a Westie Terrier for Peggyapl's almost-grown-up daughter:

Now, maybe for Pausability (if he wants it) - something a little different from me:
OMG, I did a landscape!

And last but not least, something with a hint of kiwiana - maybe for PAusability or maybe for Peggyapl or maybe I'll make two.

lemurkat
03-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Oh and I received three GORGEOUS cards from Kuroba and some pretty nifty collaged cards from Neca.

Kat

Batraplume
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM
As I went back home yesterday evening a little Indri was waiting for me in my mailbox!! Poor little guy! I'm sorry for making him wait 2 days in that dark box!
Kat, he is absolutely awesome! Wonderful drawing. I love his eyes and all the details. Thank you so much!!! :notworthy:

LuvLoz
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Love the landscape card, Lemurkat.

Tinka
03-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Wonderful New Zealand art in my mailbox today! Thank you so much lemurkat for your fantastic cards!!

lemurkat
03-10-2009, 04:57 AM
I received some beautiful cards from Tinka (they smell great!), a lovely set from Pausability and the most adorable Tarsier EVER from Peggyapl.

Pausability and Peggyapl, your cards will be on their way soon ^^

Kat

lemurkat
03-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Peggyapl, yours went the end of last week.
Pausability, yours is going tomorrow or whenever I next get to a mailbox.

Still seeking artists in eastern europe (Poland, Bulgaria etc) and Russia. Surely there must be someone out there!

Kat

lemurkat
03-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Popped along to http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/TravelMap/ and set up a map of all the countries I've posted art into.

Here it is:

Merlinprincesse
03-16-2009, 08:00 AM
If you have acces to Flick'r, here is the link to someone from Brasil. Cool artist. I have a few cards from him! :)
http://www.flickr.com/people/cadjoo73/

lemurkat
03-20-2009, 05:03 AM
Thanks Merlinprincess, I dropped him a line and soon shall be adding Brazil to my conquests!

Posted to Pausability earlier this week, and to Thailia in Switzerland yesterday.

Done two for Pagemaster:

Spiderwick-styled Mermaid

Engelbright inspired Katta

Doesn't really look like Mary Engelbright's art, but is still cute!

jklee
03-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Kat, that mermaid is just way cool!

lemurkat
03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Working on stuff for Avidstampcarver now.

Just finished this one:

It's a robot lemur.

Kat

seekingforart
03-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I would love to trade with you.... which countries are you still trying to conquer? so I can move sometime soon! :laugh:

lemurkat
03-22-2009, 12:43 AM
AT present, Seekingforart - Japan, China, Denmark, Poland, Bulgaria, Russia, anywhere in Africa (except South), and Peru I am keen on seeking artists from. Plus any of a number of smaller countries.

Not, alas, Maryland, USA. Haven't you got any of my cards yet?

Kat

lemurkat
03-23-2009, 02:41 PM
And a third for Avidstampcarver. Not sure about this one...

Also for Cadjoo in Brazil:

lemurkat
03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Received "Hester" frmo Milocep.

Posting today to Carlos in Brasil and soon to Avidstampcarver in Greece.

Here's the final cards for them:

Scary Monkey

Roseate Spoonbill (replaces badly drawn Heron above, which will be recycled)

And now I just have to finish up some cards for Nancy in Hawaii whom I'm going to meet next month ^^

And I'm all but done!

Kat

LuvLoz
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I liked the heron. :( These are all fantastic card, Kat.

seekingforart
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
AT present, Seekingforart - Japan, China, Denmark, Poland, Bulgaria, Russia, anywhere in Africa (except South), and Peru I am keen on seeking artists from. Plus any of a number of smaller countries.

Not, alas, Maryland, USA. Haven't you got any of my cards yet?

Kat

Do you have Mexico? I can easily visit my mom there and mail you a card!:laugh: No I'm not privileged on having one of your cards!

lemurkat
03-25-2009, 01:14 AM
I have a good friend in Mexico, sorry! But maybe I shoudl work out something for you later ^^ After Hawaii.

Kat

seekingforart
03-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks, kat is all in good fun! :wubclub:

Tlouey
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
this is a great project!! You'll have to show us all your cards together when youve got em

jklee
08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey Angela, I just spotted a newbie from Argentina in the welcome forum. Her name is Mushroom

lemurkat
08-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Thanks Jklee! Will nab her now.

The one from Venezuela doesn't seem to be active anymore :(

lemurkat
08-06-2009, 03:22 PM
You are! Was it Mushroom you discovered in Argentina, Panchromatica, or do you have another?

Kat

Sunne
08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Conquered Belgium in Europe yet ?

lemurkat
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Sunne, I had Belgium a while ago. Of course, there's no reason I can't post there again, just not right now as I'm a little overworked ^^

Kat

jklee
08-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Got anyone from Portugal yet? A new member just joined, her name is "Loca..."
BTW, if you don't have anyone in Spain yet I know a blogger that trades and she has some cool cards in her blog ;)

lemurkat
08-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Right, I've Japan and almost Hong Kong now and I've made a proper page and everything:
http://www.lemurkat.co.nz/conquer.php

So these are the countries I'm in, if you're in one of the unmarked ones, let me know! You'll get free art ^^ Or a trade.

Kat