PDA

View Full Version : Ostara Journal Page Swap - Due IMH March 10th

adriayna
01-17-2009, 06:23 PM
The Sabbats are the Quarter Days (Imbolc, Beltain, Lammas, Samhain) and the Cross-Quarter Days (the Solsitices and Equinoxes). Each day has a specific focus about what is happening in the natural world (Harvest, Planting, Return of the Sun, etc...). We will be swapping pages for each of the quarter and cross quarter days. We are inclusive rather than exclusive regarding diety, interpretation, etc (ie no god/dess turned away for lack of paganness!)

We are continuing our group with Ostara / the Spring Equinox that takes place on March 25. We will each end up with 8 books (one for each holiday) full of traditions, rituals, recipies, etc. from other members of the group.

This swap originated in the Pagan social group and has a maximum of 11 people. We still have one open slot left if there are others who want to participate. Each person makes 10 pages (or 11 if you want one of your own!) The 10 pages can be either totally individually made or photocopied/printed bases with added embellishments. We understand that a lot of work will go into these either way!

Pages are: 6x7", allowing a one inch border for binding on the left side(one one side - right or left). Don't decorate that last inch or add any embellishments. Photos and descriptions of these coming soon :).

Here is a list of what you can include on your pages (or feel free to add things that aren't here!)
Beverages (herbal, alcoholic, medicinal)
urban magic/practices/rituals for the season
home/kitchen magic
invocations to deities/directions/etc
perfumes
books/music/films that evoke the season
prose
correspondences (colors, animals, elements, deities, numbers, herbs, oils, foods, tarot cards, runes, etc)
Poems, songs, chants
holiday traditions from cultures other than white western europe
crafts
relationship to the earth (gardening, nature, animals, seasons)
seasonal health;
associated deities
rituals for divination associated with season/holiday; rituals for personal transformation associated with season/holiday
Correspondences

Postage: Please send me postage to compensate for returns. For those in the states, $3 should be sufficient. For those outside of the states, please send $5 (via paypal - adriayna (at) yahoo (dot) com), well-concealed cash, IRCs, or stamps! :)

Please, no withrdrawals so that people are not stuck with extra pages. Thanks!

The ostara group (so far) is:
1. Adriayna (oil + outdoor egg offering)
2. Wulfcwen (things to make and do)
3. Vicki Z (recipes)
4. icekat (maiden/unicorn)
5. phrixy
6. Organicmamma (garden blessing theme)
7. redplantlady (history/lore)
8. adoonaisoul (correspondences)
9. jaw
10. Katilady (tarot spread)
11. Turquoise (poem or chant)

The following attachments are for a guide for the pages. You should have ONE sheet of paper or paper glued together to make a two-sided page. You can use the following template. The margin will always be the same 1" side of the page, but when you flip it, the margin goes on the opposite side of the page. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well or not! :(

adriayna
01-17-2009, 06:24 PM
We have two spots left if anyone else is interested!

katilady
01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd like to try this again, if you'll have me.

Turquoise
01-18-2009, 01:10 AM
I would like a spot please if there is one left..I will mail earlier this time, I promise :)

adriayna
01-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Great! Welcome both of you. That means we are full!

Turquoise
01-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I would like to do a page on a poem or a chant for Ostara..if thats ok with everyone, I will choose this topic...

katilady
01-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I would like to do a tarot spread again, if that's OK.

jaw
01-19-2009, 02:20 AM
I would like to do a Ritual page.

Wulfcwen
01-22-2009, 07:28 AM
10 Pages posted today:yes:

OrganicMama
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
You are so quick!

Wulfcwen
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Ahh I had the pages already cut so all I had to do was get on with the art stuff and the wording also I worked on them for 2 days solid as it was cold and frosty and no way was I going out in that lot LOL Also mu muse is working overtime I think I am buzzing with ideas.

adriayna
01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I haven't even started mine, lol!

katilady
01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
I have cut my blanks--is that considered starting? :P

Vicki Z
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I mailed my pages Saturday, so you should receive them any day now.
I mailed 11. I am sorry, I forgot we were supposed to take our own out.
Please just send one back. Thanks

adoonaisoul
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
muahahahaha, i have finished my pages , whew what alot of work, but so excited too get them out to people, i only posted one in my gallery and they are all similar but different, if that makes sense. I need address/mailing info, postage info type dealy, so please let me know, love michelle

adriayna
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Postage info type dealy? Huh?

Vicki Z
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I am not sure what she is thinking, but I think she might be asking how much postage to include (to you) for you to send our pages back. I checked the Social Group, and the Imbolc Journal Page Swap Thread, and this Ostara Journal Page Swap Thread, and I seem to have missed the information. So I included what it cost for me to send my pages to you. If that is not correct, just let me know.

adriayna
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Vicki and Wulfcwen, your pages are here! They arrived while I was out of town last week :)

adriayna
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
RE: Postage. I will add that to the front page!

adoonaisoul
02-12-2009, 01:25 AM
lol i need your address for the cards and to find out how much postage i need to send

adriayna
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Sure, will PM you now! :)

Turquoise
02-23-2009, 04:59 AM
Mine are just about ready to send off, I deleted your address Dana from the last swap so if you could PM me your address again please, that would be great, thanks!

OrganicMama
02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I got a bunch of work done yesterday - still more to do, but I'm hopeful that they will be in the mail in about a week.

OrganicMama
03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Haha! I got my pages all done. I will drop them in the mail on Tuesday. I would say tomorrow, but (poor me) I have to go up to the Hot Springs for a meeting and an overnight. So I will think of you all while I am up to my chin in sacred healing waters. Or I'll just breathe...while the toddler paddles about me like a duck. Either way. I will post scans if I ever get a minute to do so.

redplantlady
03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Mine have flown! :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/822/small/1_ostarajournalpager.jpg http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/822/small/1_journalbackr.jpg

Vicki Z
03-02-2009, 04:11 PM
These are beautiful!
I love that you have used your Wheel of the Year!

icekat
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Nice work RPL! My pages are nearly done--just a few more damsels and unicorns to finish colouring. I'll scan one later to show y'all. :)

jaw
03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Mine will go in the mail hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest... silly me only made 9 (I know that I know how to count ... two just went - ummm - missing!), so I will be doing a little late night artsing tonight!

jaw
03-03-2009, 03:16 AM
Here's my page. Had to restart a few times. This has been a huge challenge for me. I guess it's too close to home and I don't generally share this part of my life. I'm still not sure how I feel about the end product. 3 friends critiqued it last night and liked it (THAT was a stretch! Like I said, I've never shared this stuff before!) ANYWAY!!! They'll be in the mail tomorrow!!! :O)

icekat
03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks for being brave enough to share with us, jaw! I know how intimidating it can be. Several of my rituals were performed in student circles and public circles for our group, and it can be scary. The important part is feeling the connection to what you're doing and to your gods. The rest is all milk and honey!

There, a sample of my pages!

redplantlady
03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Great pages jaw and icekat; this is going to build into such a fantastic series! :)

katilady
03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Here's the front of my page. The back looks similar to the last one--typed instructions and pretty colors!

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/974/large/1_Ostara.jpg

katilady
03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Seeing it up there--it looks awful! I promise it looks better in person!

katilady
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Mine are postal!

icekat
03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm looking forward to trying out your tarot layout, Katilady. :)

katilady
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Any sign of mine yet?

adoonaisoul
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
did mine ever arive to you ? i hope so i sent them out a couple weeks back

adriayna
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I have been out of town all week, and I know there are a few packages waiting for me. I plan on swapping these out when I return and having them in the mail no later than Tuesday of next week :). I'll also post scans like last time!

adoonaisoul
03-16-2009, 12:30 AM
yay i cant wait!!!

adriayna
03-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Ok! I am back home now, and I will be swapping these out and updating the thread later today. I need a few "getting organized" hours after being gone all week!

adriayna
03-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok everyone. I am swapping these tonight and will mail Tues or Wed. at the latest. Like before, I will scan them as well and post here.

I have journal pages from :

Katilady
Icekat
Phrixy
Turquoise
jaw
redplantlady
organicmamma

All of these arrived while I was in San Francisco!~ :)

Phrixy
03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Awesome! I hope you had a good time there!

adriayna
03-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah! It was great. I just didn't realize it would interfere with me getting this swap out earlier, and for that I apologize :P. When I setup the due date for the swap, I thought I was going to SF the following week, lol!

Vicki Z
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
You didn't list me as my journal pages having arrived.
I assume that is because you received my pages prior to the batch you received while you were in San Francisco, but I thought I would mention it so my pages are sure to be included.

Oh, and you said you got Wulfcwen's pages, so that means we should all be accounted for. Yippeeeeeeee
Can hardly wait for you to scan the pages!!!!!

icekat
03-17-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm looking forward to this too, and my mind is churning on Beltane as well.

I can't wait to put together the book at the end of the year--it'll be so beautiful!

adoonaisoul
03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
you didnt list mine as there, but they should be i sent them so long ago, i hope you hae them and cant wait to get my returns, this is my first journal page swap :P

adriayna
03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Yeah, everyone's pages are already there -- see the purple on the front page list.

And they are ALL SWAPPED and mailed as of yesterday. I am scanning them today and will post them here. I hope some of you get them by Friday! :) And I will leave feedback today! :) :) :)

For the next swap, I will need to ask the international participants to send a bit more $. Those were more expensive to mail than I expected! :(

katilady
03-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks so much Dana!

OrganicMama
03-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Oooooh! I can't wait. Thanks Dana!!!

adriayna
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok everyone, I've left feedback for you and also I have scanned all of our pages!

Here they are:

www.danadriscoll.com/scans/ostara/

Enjoy!

Phrixy
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh my gods...so awesome! And yet...I can't look! Must...resist... :D

icekat
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Wow, what a colourful selection this time! Looks beautiful--I can't wait to assemble my Ostara book!

katilady
03-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Oh I agree!

I love your page Phrixy! I am from Arizona, which is Hopi land (along with other tribes), seeing your page reminds me of home.

Phrixy
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks! I had a lot of fun researching her and making them all!

adriayna
03-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah, the pages are really, really cool. I was reading through them all (now assembled in my book) last night!

Wulfcwen
03-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Mine arrived today thank you they are all beautiful and I will add them to my book later on today.

adriayna
03-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Katilady, I just got done with my ostara ritual and I wanted to let you know that I used your tarot spread for a reading! Wow, it was powerful. That's what you get when you do it at sunrise, lol. Awesome. I also used one of Vicki's recipies! Woot!

Vicki Z
03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Katilady, I just got done with my ostara ritual and I wanted to let you know that I used your tarot spread for a reading! Wow, it was powerful. That's what you get when you do it at sunrise, lol. Awesome. I also used one of Vicki's recipies! Woot!

WOW
Thanks for trying it out, Dana!

jaw
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Disappointed I didn't have the pages yet, :(Thanks for having them scanned in. They'll be nice for next year.

adriayna
03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Jaw, that is why I scanned them so that you can use the material before you have the physical pages in-hand.

jaw
03-20-2009, 09:42 PM
That worked awesome. (the scanning) Guess I should have finished my sentence! :DI'm looking forward to having the book on my altar next year. I did read through them online. They are so beautiful! :swoon:

OrganicMama
03-21-2009, 11:19 AM
What a treasure to receive on Ostara! Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to putting my book together...and to getting moving on the Beltaine pages. Yay!!!!

katilady
03-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Wonderful pages! Each of them is so special and unique!

jaw
03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
OOOOO!!!! I got my pages today!!! Yippee! They truly are wonderful! The scanning was one thing, but in person ... Wow!! Great job everyone!!:notworthy:

OrganicMama
03-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I feel I should warn everyone - if you plant your Love-In-A-Mist seeds, you will have it forever and ever. Which I think is a good thing. But it's a very adaptable, spreadable, and enthusiastic addition to a garden space...

redplantlady
03-23-2009, 10:41 AM
My truly fabulous pages arrived today, they are stunning; thanks for all the hard work and inspiration! :)

icekat
03-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Wow, maybe we'll have to start the seeds in pots, or wait until we have a more suitable place to be planting them. The pages are all so great! We got ours today but noticed that several don't seem to have names on them. *wags finger at the offenders* Anyhow, once I'm more alert, I'll go through and leave the reps for everyone. Thank you, and most especially to Dana!

adriayna
03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
YAY! I'm glad everyone's pages are arriving and that you like them!

Turquoise
03-30-2009, 06:40 AM
The Ostara pages arrived, thanks so much girls!!! They are AB FAB!!! :D

adriayna
03-30-2009, 09:07 AM
YAY! I think that is everyone so I"ll close the thread down.