PDA

View Full Version : G-13 WET & WILD WATERCOLORISTS (closed)

Jan
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Here we are in our new home ladies. I will post our mailing schedule when we have everyone on board. We will begin mailing our first pages with a due date of April 15, 2009 and after that by the 15th of the month for the next six months. Of course one can always mail early and ahead. When our participant list is complete we will mail starting at our name and mailing to the name below us and so on working down this list. Pages will be side-by-side and all watercolor mediums and pens are acceptable.
Looking forward to this new venture.
Please post to this thread your theme, page sizes and PM me your mailing address so I can compile a mailing list.
So glad to have a new start.
Jan

Mailing rotation starting April 15, 2009. Mail to person below one's name working down list ech month with next person.
Paschafel- 6X6, Liturature/Poetry
Pamitha- 8X8, Flowers living or dead
lilbad- 8X8, Ireland, sheep, quirky buildings
Pamelas Colors, 4X4, Artists Choice
terryart, 6X6, Pumpkins, gourds
Jan, 6X6, Cityscapes with some natural growth as part of scape

Pamitha
03-04-2009, 01:10 AM
This is odd. I thought I signed in here saying YOOOOOHOOOOO, I'm here! Yes! Let's paint.

lilbad
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Looks like a lovely new home. (Settles in and rearranges the furniture!)

Pamitha
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Theme: living flowers (wild or cultivated) I love to see flowers in the ground, growing toward the sun. Although I do sometimes pick them and put them in a vase on the table, I love them most alive and growing. I love buttercups, columbine, delphinium, foxglove, iris and just about any flower that I can think of!
Size: 8" X 8"

Jan
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks Pam, that is my love too.
I sent a invitation PM to pamelacolors, she has not responded.
Haven't heard from terryart either.
Here is my theme,
I would like city-scapes that include some natural life in them and they can be playful, whimsical, traditional or blaah.
My page size is 6X6.

Pamitha
03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I keep hoping the next person in this group will sign on so I can start. Please, please, sign on. My painting time is limited and I am raring to go!!!!!

Jan
03-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Pam your timing is not the best. Pat had posted to Water Wizard thread that she would be traveling until Mar. 20. I have pm'd Terryart and she has not responded, very unusual for her so I'm thinking she is on a journey too. Also pm'd Lil and I'm sure she will respond soon. That would give you Lil and myself pages to work on. Wish I could help you out a little better.

Pamelas Colors
03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone, thank you Jan for the invite. I"m late in getting back to you all, busy these days. I would love to try this type of trade, I have never participated before. I will go read the Sticky on this type of trade and just lead me along. Will mark this thread so I can follow updates and will posts theme and journal size soon. ~pamela

Pamelas Colors
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Theme: Artist's Choice
Size: 4x4 (I'm going small, only because I have a hand made empty Journal that I can put this size page in.)

I have a question, since this is my first: Are the journal pages hand painted/drawn, etc. only or is it okay to add some collage type work to the journal page?
~pamela

Jan
03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Pam, you found us, I just responded to your PM. Some have done collage but usually it is hand painted collage no purchased materials.
Pam, welcome to this group, You will enjoy it I'm sure it is a friendly group.
As soon as everyone checks in I will compile a mailing and rotation schedule.
Hang in there with us as we organize.

lilbad
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi all,
I have been gone. I want my pages to be 8x8. I will give some more thoughts to my theme over night. Are u all sick of doing sheep?? Be honest!!

Pamitha
03-09-2009, 02:23 PM
So? Is PamelasColors my person? Just wondering.

Pam, I understand this is a water media journal page group. Ink may be used. Watercolors or watercolor pencils may be used. That was the way it was way back in round one. Am I right, Jan?

Jan
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
You are right Pamitha, she asked about collage and there have been some who did some watercolor collage to enhance the painting. It does need to be origianl art work for the collage. Pam pick one to start on and I will set up the rotating schedule after you decide.
Lil, you decide if Ireland is your thing go for it. Glad you are back.

lilbad
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
OK, my desires are: anything Ireland, sheep, quirky cottages and the size is 8x8. Woot, woot. And away we go!

Pamitha
03-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Okay, I'll do Lilbad!!!!! Thank you, thank you. I'm sorry I am so eager.

Jan
03-10-2009, 09:55 AM
We are off and painting! Any one else can start too I will PM you contact information, page sizes and themes. We are still missing Pat's and Terry's but I will include their contact information, they will post theme and page sizes to this thread and you can add that information to your list. I'm sure we will hear from them soon. Mail to the person below your name and then keep working down the list. One set of pages each month, due date mailing pages will be the 15th of each month starting with April. Pamelacolors you are with some very helpful artist here so don't be shy to post your questions.

lilbad
03-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Jan, u did a wonderful job putting this together. Thanks!

Jan
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
You are most welcome, now get out those brushes and create!

Pamelas Colors
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Yea... I am ready to start, and understand about the original art theme. No problem there will stick with my water medium. Thanks one and all for you help... off to my studio. ~pamela

Pamelas Colors
03-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Hi, its the Newbee again. I notice our list includes the size info and says "side by side", does this mean I am doing two pages of the same size for each individual or just one page at the requested size? ~pamela

Jan
03-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Pam, two pages side-by-side so when you open your book two pages of same theme are there. It is like doing in your case an 8 inch page and cutting it in half. Does that help?
terryart has pm'd that she is back. She has chosen the theme of pumpkins, gourds and fall landscapes as her theme. Add that to your list.

Pamelas Colors
03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Sweet... that makes sense. Okay on Terryart, will be working on her pages (side by side) :) this weekend. ~pamela

lilbad
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Pamela,
What did u decide upon?

Jan
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I think she listed "Artist Choice" see posting #9.

Pamelas Colors
03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I was like what...was I making a decission... LOL. Yes, Jan is right artist choice, 4x4 side by side, just as a qucik reference. ~pamela

terryart
03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Here are Jan's Cityscape & Park pages...hope you like 'em, Jan!

lilbad
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Marvelous. Love your color choices. She is going to love them!!

Pamelas Colors
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm getting ready to pop these in the mail Terry, hope you like them. By the way I'm in love with your city images, I can't wait for my name to move in to your creation zone. ~pamela

Jan
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh what a treat to "stop" by here today. Terry, I saw those pages in the gallery and they really are special. Love the trees and the happy feeling they give me. Thanks so much. And....Pam what beautiful pages, gosh girl you are a real treasure to be among us. What a great start to this round. Now that really heightened the bar for the rest of us. Thanks Terry and Pam for getting us going.

Pamitha
03-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Pamela Colours and TeriArt, You are both rockers! I can't believe how quickly you did these. I've drawn a few ideas on sketch paper and am still working on my idea.... It won't be done for a while. And Here I was the one chomping at the bit. Now I'm in my marinating stage. I want to do Lilbad's ideas justice.

pschafe1
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I just got back from our road trip. I would like 6 x 6 side by side pages, with the theme "Literature." I think it's a pretty broad theme, can be landscapes, people, poetry. Can also include children's literature. Sorry if I held anyone up. I had no access to a computer for 2 1/2 weeks.
Pat

Jan
03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome back Pat. Everyone please take note of her choices, page size and add to your contact list.

Pamitha
03-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Jan, would you please put the theme and the size beside the name in the first window of this thread so we can refer to it when we need to know? That seems so much easier than having to read the entire thread!

Patti, welcome home! I don't know if I could handle 2 1/2 weeks without a computer! You went cold turkey, huh?

lilbad
03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Gosh, gone for a few days and all this news and art popped up. This is going to be fun!

Jan
03-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Done your "majesty". It feels good to have everyone posting here on this thread.

terryart
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Just received THE MOST FABULOUS pages from Pamela's Colors!!!! Absolutely beautiful!
Hard to think of you as a "newbee.." You are light years ahead of me in watercolors...love your delicate touch and intense colors..

lilbad
03-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Terry, I knew u would love her work. She is a fab watercolorist!

Jan
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Terry's pages arrived today and are they fun. Each time I look at them I find "another" creative and personal touch. The trees are a piece of art in themselves.
Thanks Terry for these real "keepers" and "show-ers". Another reminder to each of us, we are having heavy rains today, the envelope was wet and thank goodness that Terry packaged the pages inside some cardboard and papers, they were not wet just a little damp. It is spring time here and we have rainy days often.

Pamitha
03-24-2009, 09:18 PM
I've had my grandchildren the last two days, ill from school. I can hardly think straight but I'll try to do Lilbad's spread on Saturday. No promises. The kids come again next week for Spring Break. Yeah! It is spring! (and snowing ;o( but warm :o) )

pschafe1
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh my gosh - I got back from vacation, then the grandkids came for the weekend, then I got a stomach bug! Just getting back to feeling better. Are the first set of pages due in March? I will try my best.
Pat

pschafe1
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I see that it's April 15 for our timetable, that gives me a little time to do a nice job for Pamitha.
pat

lilbad
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
No worries. U always do a wonderful job!

Jan
03-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Isn't seeing "it" in writing wonderful? Seems like several of us are being diverted by gandkids. I too have been seeing more of them lately. Always a treat well worth it.
I too have my ideas ready to start painting flowers for Pamitha. Should get to it soon.

Pamitha
03-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Bandit and I have been out nosing for buttercups in the wild but have yet to see any signs of them. The grass IS pushing up, the grape hyacinth blades, too. Oh, I'm so thrilled. This has been a L-O-N-G winter.....

Kids again today. Emma really has some painful ears. It is so much more fun when she is well for her visits!

lilbad
03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Will have all five on my grandkids here for Easter. First time ever! Aren't they grand!
Spring must be coming---don't ya know!

Jan
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
We have three tulip leaves popping up through the winter leaf mulch. However we are buried in water, the Mississippi is rising fast, we are safe because our home is sitting back and up a hill but water rushing at this pace is scarry. Almost every bridge we cross the rivers have overflowed into farm fileds and roads. This is not good. I think all dams are open to allow water to run south to relieve the flooding situations further north. However the Red River, causing the problem up there runs North. The frost is out of the ground around here so a lot of the rains we have had are going into the ground, thank goodness. Tough winter, tough spring here.
I re-checked my mailing list and see that Pat's liturature is my first project. Will get on it.
Hope this is a very good day for you gals. Hug the sun for me today if you see it, has been hiding behind storms here for a week, I miss it.

lilbad
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Hang in there, Jan. As they say, this too shall pass! We are so used to rain here, but our weather is getting weirder and wetter!

pschafe1
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Jan, I'll say a little prayer for you, we all expect Spring showers, but this flooding stuff is getting a little old. I just came back from Gulfport, MS, and they still aren't back to normal from Katrina.

Pamitha
04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I have Lilbad's Irish cottage and sheep ready to go. I'm not sure it is really Irish but I'm sure I am so that should count for something!

Pamelas Colors, I am going to start yours right away. I hope you like Tuscany!

lilbad
04-05-2009, 06:34 PM
OMG, this is lovely. I am behind on mine, Pamelacolors! One thing, it shouldn't take long to get to u. I adore these pages!!!

Jan
04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh Pam they are beautiful. Love the "wooly" sheep. I wonder if Lil is counting them, she must sleep a lot.

lilbad
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Well, I have quite the herd. They are so rowdy that I don't get much sleep. Such lovely art!!

Pamitha
04-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Pamela, here are two views of Tuscany. They are side by side but each side is a separate picture. I dream of going to Italy with my daughter and granddaughter. I was hoping it would happen within the next year. I wonder how I'll make enough money to pay for us all?

lilbad
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Pamitha, those are lovely!!

lilbad
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM

Pamitha
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Ooooooh! Very nice, Lilbad!

pschafe1
04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Libad - beautiful set of waterlillies.

I just finished my pages for you Pamitha! I hope you like them, I will probably get them in the mail on Wednesday.

Pamitha
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Patti, those are beautiful.

Jan
04-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh my gosh ladies, I better get some splash to the mat. These pages are lovely, lovely, lovely. I feel the pressure.....

lilbad
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow, wonderful art, ladies!!

Pamelas Colors
04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh my goodness Shirley... I love my Lily, got it in the mail yesterday. It will be the center of my journal. Beautiful Love the colors! Thank you so much. I'm working on the cityscape for Jan its a different technique of using a spray bottle after applying color so the color spreads out like an evening/morning sky, so far so good. Should be able to post this weekend some thumbnails. ~pamela

lilbad
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Wowza, glad u like it. I had fun with it!

lilbad
04-08-2009, 09:49 PM
My extra special pages arrived from Pamitha today. they are totally awesome! Thanks!!

Jan
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Lots of smiles here. Pat's pages should be completed this week. Whew! I made the deadline.

Pamelas Colors
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Pam, I got my Tuscany today. I have dreamed of going to Italy, these are pefect pages! I am so happy with the pages you made me. I can just see myself sitting in the little room, top floor, enjoying a glass of wine, with paint brush in had. Wonderful pages these will hold a special place in my heart for my journal, my dream of vising Tuscany, thank you Pam.

lilbad
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe u can imagine my waterlily in Italy....lol!

Pamitha
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Here are two for Terryart that work as one long piece. I'll send these out tomorrow, if possible.

I received the beautiful orchids that PSchaf1 painted. They are far lovelier in life than on a computer screen. Beautiful work, Pat! Thank you.

Pamelas Colors
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Shirley, I would do more than imagine I'm taking the lily with me...can you hear me sipping on my glass in my Tuscany room, LOL.
I finished Jan's Cityscape. PHEW, this was a challenge but I have to tell you I LOVED it. I'm going to try this technique again with an ocean painting. Hope you like it Jan, its going in the mail tomorrow.

Pamitha
04-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Pamela! Those pages for Jan are perfection. I am debating with myself about which city, which view, for Jan. I've got ideas for Bavaria, Tyrol, British Columbia and Alaska. They are all so beautiful in their own way. .... I guess I'm back to marinating. sigh...

Jan
04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Ohhhhhhh Pamela those are beautiful, almost "dreamy". thank you for such wonderful pages yummy.

Pamitha
04-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Darn, Jan. I was hoping you'd leave a clue on which city you'd want to see.. But you didn't. So I choose Vancouver, British Columbia, an awesome, fun, great, Canadian destination!

Jan
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Pam honey it does not matter what city, however I would like a little green space in it. Posting Pat's pages tomorrow, finally finished them, prep times just were not long enough for me to get this done at school.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter.
Started Pamitha's pages, will use flowers that grew in my own garden this last summer.

Jan
04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
PamelasColors beautiful pages arrived today. A nostalgic glance at happy times. What a beautiful job you did on these. What is the "new" technique used on them? Wish I could paint like that. You are such a gift to this group thanks for coming along on this journey and thank you for this gift I received from you.

Pamitha
04-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Today, after being delayed a month, I was to finally meet my surgeon concerning my cornea transplant. I woke to a blizzard. The roads to here from Spokane are closed. I will not be going to see him. ;o( I really wanted to get it over with. So I'm delayed once more. Here's a view from my nook. It is beautiful but so are the crocuses and daffodils that are buried beneath the snow. So, let us all pray for sunshine next Monday, as I'm to see the man first thing Monday morning.

Jan
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Bummer, hope it goes north and we escape it. I started some seeds today but will protect them from the frost. Darn it! Will pray for sunshine. Have the moons been beautiful out there? We have had some spectacular moons, some like the golden harvest moons.
Still praying for you Pam.

lilbad
04-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Pam, I wish u the best. My dh's aunt and uncle live in Spokane and they are so sick of the snow. I just walked to my mailbox in a hail storm. We had snow in the foothills around here today and it's supposed to be freezing tonight. We are expecting 75 on the weekend. Go figure. Hope u make it to the doc!!!

Jan
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Posted Pamitha some flowers today. Hope weather is better today at Nine Miles Falls. sunny and warm here.

Pamitha
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Jan, it was mild and breezy with NO snow today. The snow from the blizzard is mostly melted. This is a crazy world. I'm working on yours. Perhaps will finish before seeing the surgeon at nine on Monday morning. That appointment is just a look-see. We will then set up the date, time, etc. This is getting soooo old. I can hardly wait to report back that it is done and I am with two good eyes!

lilbad
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
U are in my prayers. I know it will go well!!

terryart
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Pamitha...I sure sympathize with you about your eyes...we "art people" are very paranoid [realistically scared] about anything to do with our eyes [or fingers, for that matter...] I will keep a good result for you in my prayers!

terryart
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Also...a million thanks for my beautiful pages...they are just so gorgeous!!! I appreciate your talent so much...

terryart
04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Pamela's Colors...your cityscapes are so "soft" and ELEGANT!!!! Very beautiful work...

pschafe1
04-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I just opened my pages from Jan - WOW! Beautiful underwater scene with Merlin. I just love the poem, too! Thanks Jan.

lilbad
04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
We need to see them!!

Pamitha
04-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello. I received lovely, gorgeous flowers straight from Jan's garden. We now have buttercups, yellow bells and triteleia in our wild part and yellow and purple crocus dotting a few of the gardens. The daffodils are ready to burst open, too. Oh, heaven. The earth is smiling upon us! Thank you so much, Jan. I'm inching along on yours. I may finish soon as I've had a "reprieve" from surgery. (Hear me grumble?) So I have time. Jan's mail came on Friday, I think, but we had a busy, busy weekend and I just opened the envelope today. Emma stayed the weekend and it was filled with bike rides and walking, among other things. She has a twin doll stroller filled with babies. She walked them while I walked the dog. It has been so mild outside. I wish it were always like this!

Jan
04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Here are Pat's pages..... literature choice was Merlin's advice to young King Arthur when all else fails learn something new.

Jan
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Here are Pamitha's pages. These flowers are ones I grow thus submitting the photos of them to Pam so she can compair and see the "real" thing. Amaryllis that bloomed in Feb. and Spirera last June where a bee was doing his thing.

lilbad
04-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Gosh, these are lovely. I am starting to feel behind, but how can that be....lol! Thanks for sharing.

Pamitha
04-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Stanley Park, in Vancouver, British Columbia, is recognized around the globe as one of the great parks of the world! Vancouver's first park and one of the city's main tourist attractions, Stanley Park is an evergreen oasis of 400 hectares (1,000 acres) close to the downtown core. Its natural west coast atmosphere offering a back drop of majestic cedar, hemlock and fir trees embraces visitors and transports them to an environment rich in tranquility. The park abounds in wildlife and its features appeal to the naturalist, the plant lover or one who would do nothing more than relax in beautiful surroundings. There is always something going on in Stanley Park. One can enjoy the gardens, the aquarium, the people or the art in the park. It is usually fairly quiet and peaceful at the park as the city, just across the water, sparkles in the sun. This is one of our favorite places to visit...before heading across the waters to Vancouver Island and Victoria for high tea! Here (don't laugh at my people) are my pages for Jan. Going out today!

lilbad
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Nothing to laugh at here---these are incredible!

Jan
04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
OH yummy-yum Pam, they are beautiful. We have been to Vancouver, is the park anywhere near the ferry station? We took the ferry to Victoria. You really did a supburb piece of painting on these, I feel very lucky to be the recipient. The work this time around is outstanding ladies I thin pamelascolors raised the bar for each of us as she posted her pages first.

Pamelas Colors
04-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi gals, undecided on the next pages for pat, so many choices for literature. Will keep you posted. Thank you Terry. Pam love the softness of the Vancouver, you've capture the atmosphere of the city very airy feeling. Jan your flowers are so rich, I bet in person one could just pluck a petal for sure. The "new" technique I mentioned on your city scape was really wetting the paper and then brushing on big puddles of the primary colors, yellow, red, and blue, in a circle and sqirting the page with water as I route the paper so the colors mix and give a misty feel. It was fun.
Take care everyone, our weather here on the coast of Oregon is trying to blow in warm but it is confused with the fog...someone needs a bigger breath to flow the fog back out... LOL ~pamela

lilbad
04-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Pamela, u need to come inland to Eugene. We have had the most gorgeous 6 days in a row. I am dreading the rain again, but know we need it!

Jan
04-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Pamitha, your most beautiful pages arrived today....love-em!

lilbad
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Believe it or not, I worked on Terryart's pages today. So far, so good.

Jan
04-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeh Lil!

terryart
04-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Here are the pages [not cut apart yet] for Pat...I did a Peter Pan Fly Over...hope you like it Pat!

Jan
04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Oh those are great Terry. You always add so much fun to your work. Thanks for that.

lilbad
04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Terry, those are wonderful. Your pages are almost complete.

lilbad
04-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Watercolor. I didn't plan very well for the separation of these pages, but if put side by side, they should be fine. 25771

Jan
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Lush and beautiful, yum.

lilbad
05-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks, Jan!!

Pamitha
05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Lil, that is really lovely. I especially like the grapes.

Terry, the PeterPan spread is so happy and fun!

Way to go, artists!

Jan
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Lil's pages posted today.

terryart
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Gee Whiz!!! Lilbad, you have outdone yourself...they are GORGEOUS!!!!
Yippee Skippee, they're mine!

lilbad
05-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Wow, that makes my day. They are packaged up and will go into the mail either Monday or Tuesday---probably Tuesday!

pschafe1
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone! Just checking in, I've been soooooo busy with the grandkids. My daughter comes up every weekend now (3 hr drive) since her husband started his 1 year in Iraq. Anyway, I just saw the wonderful art from Terry. I just love Peter Pan. Thanks, can't wait to add it my journal.
I just finished my Irish Sheep for Shirley. I am in the process of posting them now. I'll be back in a few minutes.

pschafe1
05-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Okay, I'm back. I uploaded, however, when I cropped the pages they came out looking like one page is bigger, but they are actually 8 x 8. My scanner is too small.
Here are my Irish Sheep for Shirley.

lilbad
05-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Incredible! They are perfect for my album. Way to go!!!

pschafe1
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Glad you like them. I plan on mailing them tomorrow.

lilbad
05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
I will be waiting impatiently!!! Terry, yours were mailed today!

Jan
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh Pat they are so cuddly and soft. Love them a lot.

lilbad
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Jan, our mail is so late in arriving--often after dark. Your pages arrived!! Yippee. I love them and the article u sent is perfect. A good Irish history lesson. Thanks so much. i can't wait to go back to Ireland, but in the meantime, I have everyone's paintings!

Jan
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Here are Lil's pages. The Island of Inis Mor.

lilbad
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Aren't they cool!!!! When I was in Ireland, we visited every cemetary and church we passed and took pictures of almost every cottage.

Pamitha
05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I am checking in with NO progress report. I keep trying to get "all my ducks in a row" because I think I'll be out of action for a while but things aren't going the way I think they will. My specialist is sooo special that he is driving me crazy. I now have a date for the surgery and it is not until June 25. It will be in another part of Washington state so my husband has to take time off to go with me. After the procedure, there is a one hour, one day, one week, one month, three month, six month, one year, etc. check up. Since I won't be driving a week after, my husband has to take time off again. During the week between surgery and the one week checkup, I must lie flat and look only up at the ceiling. I may not look downward or sideways! So I think I will put my headphones on and learn Italian. I can only get up for twenty minutes once every two hours. Does this sound like fun? I told them I go to the bathroom more frequently than that! I also don't cook dinner and eat that quickly. However, this is a NEW procedure. I'm third to get it and it promised much better vision, if it works. So that's my story. I am still racing around doing visual things as quickly as possible. I wish he lived closer. I wish our vacation this summer would take us somewhere exciting. It won't. Well, I'll be able to see in July. So I am still not signing on for anything new. I'm tapping my fingers and waiting....
Jan sent me the most GORGEOUS fabric postcard in the world to wish me luck. It is a beauty! Thanks, my friend.

lilbad
05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
U will be up and running soon. Don't dispare! All my thoughts and prayers are with u.

Jan
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
You can do it girl, keep your chin up. Glad the PC made it.

lilbad
05-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Pat, your lovely sheep and Irish countryside arrived. I adore it! I am so lucky!

Jan
05-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for update Lil. It has been very quiet on this thread. Hope each of you had a very special Mother's Day.

lilbad
05-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Back attcha! Ours was lovely. Had a rush to finish wool socks that I was knitting for dd's Mother's day gift, but did get them finished. We went to church, brunch, and to a nursery to get flowers for the garden! Hope yours was a good one!

Jan
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh I wish you were close Shirley or my daughter; I started a sample pair after Christmas using Melissa Oaks book "Two at a Time". I am hung up at the heel flap. I like the idea of the single cable and the rhytum of working back and forth but just cannot move on with the heel. Do you do the gussets? It looks like that part of the stocking would fit nicely if I could get it to turn out. Have decided that when I do "my" pair I will have my own way of working that part now that I see and think hard how this all goes together. Hope to have a pair knitted by fall.

lilbad
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I started out with that book---Yuk! It's impossible to follow. I struggled with size double 00 needles, but finally changed to a 2. The shop where I meet my friend on Tuesdays to knit has a 'shop' sock pattern that I could make a copy and mail to u. I find it easier. Let me know.

Jan
05-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Lil, does it use a cable? I like the idea of making two at a time, maybe the pattern would work with a cable anyways.

lilbad
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM
It uses two circular needles, one sock at a time. Is that what u refer to as a cable? I checked and that isn't the same book I have, but the shop handout is ever so clearer. Just let me know as I am glad to send it to u.

Jan
05-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Lil, thanks for the offer, I really want to be able to knit both socks at the same time. Yes, I did mean circular needle sorry for the confusion.

pschafe1
05-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Pamitha - I'll keep you in my prayers.
Pat

pschafe1
05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Pamelas Colors - I have finished the next set of pages. Would you like them sent whole or would you like them cut. I didn't know because of the 4 x 4 size. Here it is, please let me know. I probably won't get them out to you until Tuesday due to holiday weekend (away). Pat

Jan
05-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Pat, good to hear from you. She is lovely and so timely, is that you?

lilbad
05-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Pat, wonderful pages. I have yours done, Jan. Will get them in the mail tomorrow---hopefully!

lilbad
05-22-2009, 02:43 PM

lilbad
05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
The second one should be on the right and the other on the left.

Jan
05-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks Lil, they are lovely. You have fist hand knowledge of those little villages, no wonder you love Ireland.

lilbad
05-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Whenever I can, I am going back. I mailed these out today. Hope u like them. Have a safe holiday!

Pamitha
05-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Wow. Lil, nice textures in those buildings.

lilbad
05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Why, thank u Pamitha. Any news about your surgery?

Pamitha
05-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I feel like I was such a drama queen. Actually, I was clearing the deck very carefully so that I could get the surgery in March, no April, I mean May. Looks like June. The surgeon is an arrogant guy and I'm fortunate to be getting in when I finally do. So I'm tapping my toes.

Actually, Our granddaughter just had her ninth birthday. I went extremely overboard and got her an American Girl doll that looks just like her. Then I bought doll clothes that cost more than new clothes. I can't sew little dainties so had to purchase them. I did buy a few patterns, studied them and decided to wait until I have to two good eyes to attack that challenge. THEN I decided to make a closet for the clothes and then two sets of bunk beds. I was almost finished when I bumped something and the drill started to fall so I caught the drill but fell on one of the beds so she just got one bunk bed set for her birthday. I don't know if I'll ever finish the other. She has many dolls and bunnies and such that she loves, loves, loves. Wish I had a photo to share. Perhaps I'll remember to take a digital picture the next time I go over.

That reminds me. I have a cell phone. It takes photos. What can one do with the photos? Is there any way to download them onto my computer? I got out the instruction book and didn't understand most of it even though it seemed to be written in English. I'm so over the hill....

lilbad
05-24-2009, 01:03 PM
I R a computer dufus, so I can't help. Hope u get your surgery soon. Don't u love gkids!

Jan
05-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Pam you are a very special Grandmother to do all of that. Do you work in woodwork projects too? Several years ago three of us gals opened a consignment and antique shop in the "old" grocery store of a neighboring town. The "other" teacher sewed doll clothes for American Dolls and for a smaller doll that was also very expensive. Her winter coats and hats just flew out of our store. There is a special consumer market for products that support those dolls. The other gal was a crafter and grew up in the Antique business and I make handmade soap, greeting cards and also have antiques to sell. We did very well that summer, wish we could have continued but school started and the other gal was an Occupational Therapist so we were all too busy already.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday. It is gloomy here today, a good planting day. Temps are gradually warming up but our earth is beautiful, fresh green and lush.

lilbad
05-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I have always wanted an antique store. I even had a name. I used to do x-stitch for a little shop years ago. Imagine at least 12 projects a month. I wore my hands out!! We are finishing yard projects today. The wine/art show yesterday was lovely. I bought an original watercolor of a stargazer lily from my art teacher. Beautiful, sunny day!

terryart
05-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Here are Pamitha's Sunflowers...hope you like them; they were FUN to paint!

terryart
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Of course I got them uploaded backwards!
Hey Pat...your spring garden woman is lovely!!!

lilbad
05-25-2009, 06:11 PM
TA, u always come up with such vibrant pages. Love them!

Jan
05-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Oh Terry what fun pages, those should really brighten up some of Pam"s gloomier days next month.

pschafe1
05-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Beautiful sunflowers, Terry! Just gorgeous.
I am mailing my pages today,haven't heard from Pamelas Colors, she must be on vacation. I am leaving them whole because they are so small, she can slice and dice them to fit her 4 x 4.
I'm off on vacation til June 1 - going to Long Island to visit friends, see you all when I get back!
Pat

lilbad
05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Have a wonderful vacation, Pat!

Pamelas Colors
05-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Hello Pat,
I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I am computer-less at home. It is such a bummer. I know you are heading out for vacation, so here is a message for your return. Love my pages, cant wait to add them to my journal. They will be fine as you are sending them. I have finished yours but waiting to get my system fixed so I can scan and upload to this thread.
Thank you again, will let you know when they arrive.
~p

pschafe1
06-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Pam,
I mailed the pages today. I know you are computer less, but just in case you check our thread, I wanted you to know.
Pat

Pamitha
06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
You won't believe this. We got a call from our son (in Alaska) last night. He's sending his boys down to stay June 18. They are staying until July 5. My surgery was supposed to be June 24-26. I called today and cancelled all arrangements. I don't get to see those boys often enough. They are my priority. I'll reschedule the transplant for some other time. I'm back in the game, artists. Guess I should pick some "literature" and make a journal page spread.

Jan
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
You sound pretty upbeat about this Pam. Hope those boys energize you. Have fun.

Pamelas Colors
06-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Hello Pat and all,
YEA... I'm back in computer land. Boy talk about being hooked on my home computer. Didnt realize how much I used it till it was gone. Darn power supply died, took two weeks to replace. Too funny, I would of just bought new batteries, but no its not that simple... LOL.
Here are you pages Pat, hope you like them I will put in mail this week. They were a fun set. Charolette's Web was the first book ever read to me in school. It holds a special place in my heart.
Take care, everyone. Life is so short we really do need to enjoy family. Blessings to you Pam with your grand-boys.
Pamela

lilbad
06-02-2009, 10:36 PM
OMG, these are wonderful. U really captured it! Love it.

Jan
06-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Beautiful pages Pam. That little piggy is sooo cute. You really are a wonderful painter, so glad you are sharing your art with us. Welcome back to computer world.

Pamitha
06-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Wow, Pamela, those are wonderful watercolors!

Pamitha
06-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Terryart's GORGEOUS sunflowers on turquoise skies with purple butterflies arrived a day or two back. Sorry I didn't leave a note earlier. My husband's aunt died and we have been inundated with out-of-town relatives with more to come tomorrow. I love the individual shading on each of the flower petals, the irredescent qualitiy of the butterfly wings and the superior feeling of both pages. On top of that she sent two fancy 8 X 8 inch papers, too. What a treat! I am delighted with the entire packet. Thank you so much, Terry. You did a wonderful job with these!

lilbad
06-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Watercolor on masa paper glued to Arches.27447

Pamitha
06-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Ooooh! those are fantastic, Lil! What, pray tell, is masa paper?

pschafe1
06-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Wow, ladies - I received wonderful Charlotte's Web pages from pamela and now I see I will be receiving beautiful Omar pages from libad. It almost feels like Christmas.
Thanks everyone - Have a great time with those gandkids, Pamitha.

lilbad
06-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Masa is a weird paper u wet, crumple up, then attach to wc paper with diluted Elmer's glue. Then, u smooth it somewhat with a brayer. This was my first time to use it. You must draw your picture on the paper before u wet and crumple it up. It gives so much texture. I do plan to do it again. Pat, hope u like these. My drawing is pretty weak!

Jan
06-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Lil those are wonderful. I can almost see a purple face in the castle wall. The krinkle adds so much texture to the look. Wonderful pages.

lilbad
06-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Jan, u are kind. I pasted the masa on a larger piece of Arches, so have some materials for atcs to play with. Hope to mail them on Monday or Tuesday, Pat.

Pamelas Colors
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh Pat, I just love my gal in her garden which is now outside my Tuscany next to my Water Lily pond. :)
This is so wonderful you guys, I'm so gald you invited me. Your paintings are making a special journal I will always cherish!
Pamela

lilbad
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, after seeing your wonderful watercolors, who could resist u!!! U are a great addition to the group!!

lilbad
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Pat, I just want u to know that I have not mailed your pages yet. Didn't want u to be looking for them. Have had a busy week, and am a bit disorganized.

lilbad
06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Pat, the pages went out today---phew!

Pamelas Colors
06-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Hello Pam,
I finished your pages tonight. Should pop them in the mail, one day next week possible by tuesday. What a blast they were. Flowers were the beginning of my watercolor adventure, some 17 years ago, hope you like your meadow of Buttercups and Columbine with a few extra wild flowers. Take care, ~pamela

Jan
06-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh Pam are those beautiful, just beautiful! I am working on your pages, should be done this week. Have a great week ladies.

lilbad
06-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Pamela, another loverly set of pages!

Jan
06-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Just checking in, almost finished with Terry's and Pamscolors is in the works. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

lilbad
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
My weekend was suppurb--was in Indy with all the other nuts. Gosh u all miss a fab time. I never felt so one dementional in my life. Those other gals and guys(2) delve into so many mediums. I learned a lot! Hope u are well and PC hope your coast gathering was a success.

pschafe1
06-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I just finished "Pumpkin Patch" for terry. I plan on mailing the pages on Friday!

lilbad
06-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Wonderous!!!!

Jan
06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
That pumpkin is a winner!!!!!

terryart
06-26-2009, 01:02 PM
The Pumpkin Patch is MINE!!!! I LOVE it!!!!

terryart
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Here are lilbad's Little Village pages...hope you/she likes them!

lilbad
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
OMG----like them? I adore them. Wowza! u really out did yourself, Terry. Can't wait to see them. Pant, pant!

Jan
06-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Terry, you can create the cutiest little houses, where do you get those ideas from? The pages are great. Thanks everyone for being so responsible with your dates and work. The pages are really terrific this time around.

terryart
06-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Have to confess...I have an over-active imagination and those strange little houses [and creatures] just roll around in my head and I have to get them out on paper! I'm lucky to belong to this group, or what would I do with all those strange images?

lilbad
06-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Why, send them to me, of course! I treasure them. Thanks again!

pschafe1
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
terry - wonderful little village pages! I have one page left for you Jan. I am thinking, and thinking. Any requests?

Jan
06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
A city with a park. City could be background to park.

lilbad
07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
My absolutely wonderful pages from Terryart arrived. So whimsical! I love them.

Jan
07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for update Lil. Hope each of you gals have a wonderful holiday weekend, gratefull for our freedom. Celebrate well.

lilbad
07-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Our original plans to go to central Washington state changed yesterday. Luckily, I was able to find a room on the Oregon coast for the weekend. Check in with u all when we get back! Have a safe and sane 4th!

terryart
07-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Received THE MOST gorgeous Pumpkin Patch...it is so beautiful, Pat!!!
Thank you so much!!

Jan
07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for update Terry, art is really "flying" through the mail.

lilbad
07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
BAck from our little get-away at the coast. I think I just have one more set for Pamitha. Wonder if she is having surgery?

Jan
07-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Pam wrote that her "boys" would be with her until July 5th so maybe we will hear something soon about her future plans.
I finally finished Pam-colors and Terry's pages. Will post them tomorrow morning. Whew!

lilbad
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
U have been busy! I have gotten into the journal from afa---I owe so many people! I have pamitha's almost done.

Pamelas Colors
07-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Jan... Thank you for the beautiful art work. It is so rich and cream, my husband and I are still trying to figure out the medium, it is so virbrant reminds me of an oil painting. Thank you also for the extra greeting/note card.
Janet... I love my Nirvana City, so very vibrant. I just love the flowing lines. I also love the ATC, please let me know what ATC subject I can paint for you to cover the ATC trade.
Well ladies that means my Journal is complete. WOW, WOW, WOW... this was so wonderful I will always cherish the art you have gifted me.
I still have lilbad to complete. I'm struggling as we have traded with each other before so I want it to be extra special. Plan is to start the drawing this weekend, will upload when finished. ~pamela

lilbad
07-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow, I am amazed!! All your paintings are extra special!!

Jan
07-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for letting me know the pages arrived. The medium is Pelikan watercolors, pan type, my set still from college. I painted with very small brushes. Glad you like them. Here are Pams-colors pages. I have been working on Chinese painting so added a few touches of them in the mix.

terryart
07-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Received my wondeful pages from Jan...so unique!

Jan
07-12-2009, 09:56 AM
These were lots of fun, tried something different to fit theme.

pschafe1
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Jan - just beautiful pages. I am working on yours right now. I am out of town until the middle of next week, when I will put the finishing touches. See you then.
Pat

lilbad
07-21-2009, 12:30 PM

Pamelas Colors
07-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Shirley, those are so beautiful! Love the old world feel of them. ~pamela

Jan
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh Lil those are just beautiful, yummy!

pschafe1
07-22-2009, 06:44 PM
What gorgeous daffodils, lil. I am almost ready with my city scape for Jan.

lilbad
07-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks u all! I had fun with them. Don't forget to RAK Pamitha!!

Pamelas Colors
07-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi all, Okay ms. Lil I just finished your Sheep Courtyard. Boy it was a challange. Mad at myself for not moving the sheep in the right hand page over a bit, poor little dude got his nose cut off when I seperated the page. (my scanner has a problem with green/yellows, so there is more of those colors rather than the blue you are seeing in the copy) But, I think you will enjoy.
I played my Celtic music...for inspirtion. The building is off of the Celtic CD cover. I just love that CD. Will pop in mail this week Lil. Okay I am done... what a total blast gals! ~pamela

lilbad
07-23-2009, 12:04 AM
I am speechless! What a wonderful set of pages. This has been so fun. Thanks!!

pschafe1
07-23-2009, 07:53 AM
What a wonderful set of pages, Pam. I just finished my cityscape for Jan. Will be popping it in the mail on Friday.

lilbad
07-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow, Pat. U always do such a lovely job!

Pamitha
07-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Shirley, Shirley, Shirley! You are toooooo goooood to be a LilBad! Your wonderful daffodil pages arrived in today's mail. I am awed by their beauty. Thank you so much. They are treasures!

lilbad
07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Pamitha, it was a joy to do them for u. I have enjoyed this round of journaling so much. What a wonderful group to work with!!

Jan
07-26-2009, 12:27 AM
WOW! Lots happening here. Lovely pages from Pams-colors and Pat and we finally heard from Pamitha. Your pages and art work are just terrifc, wonderful, perfect. What gifts we have all received on this journey. We are soon reaching completion here. Gosh that went fast. Thanks so much for your responsible and generous participation.

lilbad
07-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree. This has been a wonderful group to work with. Hope everyone is well and having a great summer.

Jan
07-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Received wonderful pages from Pat today. Love the warm and welcoming sun upon the city, a peaceful place. You gals have gifted me with keepsakes. I show my journal to everyone who will allow me the time, each page has a story. Gracias!
I want to make sure that each of you are giving your artist an I-Trader rating. Sometimes in our busy lives we forgt this. The rating can be be confusing for each trade or swap involved in. Here we rate each individual artist for pages received.

Pamitha
07-27-2009, 11:41 PM
I have yet to make Pat's. I suppose I should get my act together and pick my literature. Hmmmmm? I'm thinking..... It's a painful process.

pschafe1
07-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Pamitha - I look forward to pages, whatever you select will be wonderful.

lilbad
07-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Gheesh, if I haven't given i-trader point to anyone, please let me know.

pschafe1
09-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Pamitha - Did you send me something. Been out of town so much, not sure if I ever rec'd anything from you?
Pat

Pamitha
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Pat, I did not. I have thought of several poems and then blanked on the art. I WILL put this on my Monday to do list. I feel terrible about being so late.... Please forgive me.

lilbad
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi, u can keep up with our trip on my thread. Check it out in the forum under Gone Members! Good to see y all,

Pamitha
09-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I found an Earth Day poem online called The Creek. So here is the poem and the watercolor illustration to accompany it. I thought about adding a heron to the creek but I wanted the creek to be the star of the painting and not the heron. So here you are. I'll mail it tomorrow. Hope you like it, Pat.

Jan
09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Well welcome back Pam. The pages are wonderful.

Pamitha
09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm just sorry I am such a slow poke. The painting went out today. Yesterday there was no post office!

lilbad
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Pam, those are beautiful paintings. U can follow my trip under Members Away in the forum. Miss u guys!

lilbad
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Howdy. No action here while I was gone!!! I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in a watercolor moleskine swap. I bought one on Amazon.

Jan
09-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Lil' explain more how it would work.

lilbad
09-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, from the other moleskine journal swaps that I am in, it goes like this:

Each of us would get a moleskine journal of the same size only these would be the watercolor moleskine. They run about $10-12. We would pick a theme and like before do one person's a month. Depending upon how many of us are swapping, we would divide the # of pages in the book--for example, we may do a two or three page spread. We then pass it to the next person on the list and when all is said and done, we would have a wonderful art book of original art in our theme. You can refer to Goatgoddess' moley swap for the instructions. Anyway, I think it would be fun.

Jan
09-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Sounds like fun. Let's see how the others feel about this, waiting a few days to see if any of our participants respond. If not you, Lil, or myself can pm them. I know Pam will probably be out. Her surgery is coming up.

lilbad
09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
I can wait for sure. Just thought it would be something different. Otherwise, I am up for continuing!

Pamitha
09-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm only out of wack for a bit, if all goes well. I'd like to do this again. I'm not sure about the moleskine book though.

pschafe1
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I am not into the moleskin thing, however, keep me in mind for the future.

Jan
10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks Pat for checking in, keep checking in so you know what our next move will be.

lilbad
10-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Just an idea as I have a watercolor moleskine. I am game for another round if anyone else is.