PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon... the Marvelous March Collage-a-thon!

HHC
03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Mark your calendars for another collage-a-thon March 13 - 15, 2009

It's open to everyone, and is open themed.

Start time (in your time zone - when your clock says 5:00 pm... start) March 13 at 5:00 pm
End time (in your time zone) March 15, 2009 - 11:59 pm

We'll open the official thread a few days before the CAT, with details on how to post your pictures to the thread, etc. We'll probably have a theme day for those of you who like themes, and a challenge for those who like challenges. Suggestions, anyone? :D

To see what fun we've had in the past, check out these threads:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8418
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7140
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6570

Hope to see some of you there!

Tellulah
03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh wow...it seemed so far off after the last one, now it's almost upon us! How exciting. :D

HHC
03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
So I thought a theme could be green... with St Patricks Day and Spring coming soon.

Any suggestions for a challenge? Shall we try the layers again to see how we've progressed? ;)

HHC
03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey, what if we do interesting textures for the challenge, and share how we created it?

Chardonnay1965
03-06-2009, 08:12 PM
what do you mean by interesting textures????

HHC
03-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Well... I don't know for sure what I mean by interesting. :huh: I'm just thinking something that is textured somehow, someway.
Like using inks to create a texture look without actually having texture you can "feel", or using gesso or gel mediums and paints, or layers of papers or fibers to make texture. Pretty open as long as it has texture and something collaged on it. Does that make sense?

Any other fun suggestions for a challenge?

Chardonnay1965
03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
mmmmm..I suppose so...:goofy::wacko:

sniisk
03-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Sounds good! But what is St Patricks Day? :embarrassed:

HHC
03-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Good question! It's March 17th and celebrates St. Patrick, one of the patron saints of Ireland. And it's celebrated in the US with parades, shamrocks, "wearing of the green", leprechauns and green beer and all kinds of nonsense. :wideeyed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick%27s_Day#Celebration_overview

You can ignore that part and think green for spring or green for being ecologically conscious or..... ;)

sniisk
03-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Thanks HCC! I read the wikipedia site before I asked and those men in green clothes made me to ask it :). But I didn't understand, why do you celebrate it? Just one "not so important" day?

HHC
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I have no idea. LOL It's just a fun day for a majority of us. Not a national holiday or anything. Some of us are always looking for another way to play, I guess. ;) My ex-husband was Irish, so my kids are part Irish, which is why we got into it.

grammyquilter2
03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
My ancestor came from Ireland to fight in the American Revolutionary War with the British and then on the American side! and the reason St. Patrick's Day is so popular is that MANY
Americans have some Irish heritage...as well as Americans seem to love "celebrations"....

poeticpaper
03-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I like the green theme idea. The layers one didn't thrill me much...

spring is good, maybe flowers??

Chardonnay1965
03-10-2009, 04:16 AM
what about doing mostly green cards,,,not necessarily St.pats....
Or maybe seeing who can make the Cat themed cards...,,,

ginabee
03-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm so glad I found out about this! Green theme and Animal theme?

GoldenWolf
03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I look forward to participating in this one. Last time, I was on vacation with very limited Internet access. I'd be most interested in animal (esp. cat) and either the layers or interesting texture themes. Green just isn't one of my favorite colors, but I will give it a shot if that's what the majority wants.

sniisk
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Green sounds good, cat sounds good, animal sounds good :).

HHC
03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
The theme is just plain green... however you want to do green, go for it. St. Patricks Day got into the discussion because I celebrate it a bit, and it's on Mar 17. So ignore that part and just think green.

Any other ideas for the challenge? I'm liking the textures option 'cuz you can use layers to create texture (and I love the look of layers and need to practice) *big cheesy grin* And you can use inks, or embossing powders or papers or whatever to create a texture look on your ATC.

Input anyone?

I'll be posting the CAT thread tomorrow sometime as our Aussie friends start a bit ahead of some of the rest of us. Lucky them. :wub:

hayward_cs
03-11-2009, 12:56 AM
This was so much fun last time that I am sad that I will have to miss it this time around.
:( (We made plans 2 months ago for a bday sleepover celebration with some friends of ours, so there is no way out of them LOL) Perhaps I can squeeze out a couple of cards before we leave on Sat, but it will be pushing it to get those done. I am sad.

HHC
03-12-2009, 02:14 AM
The official collage-a-thon thread has been posted:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=360314#post360314