PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon...our 5th SAT

Chardonnay1965
03-19-2009, 04:21 AM
woohoo our next SAT will be 3rd-5th April..and I can hardly wait...
so do you all wanna have challenges again??? if so what kind????

ginabee
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
I love stamping! I must have 100 stamps by now. Challenge to use 2 or more stamps on 1 ATC?

sniisk
03-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't have much stamps but I'd like to have a travelling theme? Or how about everything with wings? And spring is also near here.

Theresagram
03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Woohoo!! I can't wait!! I got some new stamps at the stamp expo recently and haven't used them yet. Of course, I have a bajillion stamps I haven't used yet.

I need a stamp secretary to help get my stamps organized.

Theresagram
03-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm trying to think of some good challenge ideas....

Christina
03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I mean that stampers need to create background layers (collage perhaps?)or layer up their stamped image. ie. stamp two images and cut out a certain part of one image and layer over original image to give depth to the stamped image to make it pop out more.

Could try an "embellishment challenge" too:) Add a charm, a fiber, or thin embellishment. May need to emphasize the need to keep the card light for mailing purposes.

Also could try a create your own handmade background.

Just a few ideas:) Christina

Theresagram
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Still thinking of some fun challenges...

Patti M
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
How about a set time limit - and then change stamps! People have suggested a few themes- like for the first three hrs it could be travel stamps/atc's, then switch the next 3 hrs to Asian themeds, next 3 could be Spring, etc.......... It would require you to sort of announce the change in the thread at your designated time- this way everyone would be working on the same theme at the same time no matter what time zone they are in. You could also make "Open theme " slots of time.

Theresagram
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
LOL. Out of all my stamps...close to 2,500...I have no Asian stamps, nothing really travel or spring-y. :rolleyes:

Theresagram
03-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I like the idea of challenges, but I also like the idea of everyone can do whatever they want if they don't like the challenges or can't do them.

What about something like Somerset mag does...with the Different Point of View? Same stamp, different looks. That might be a fun one for some of us. Challenge you to get more mileage out of your stamps.

Theresagram
03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Of course, these stamp a thons are kind of a challenge for me to actually use my stamps more. I use them a lot on atc's...but many I haven't used at all.

I have 1,678 stamped in my index so far and for some of those, that's the only time I've used them.

Poor little stamps. :(

HHC
03-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Wish I could play but I'll be at Artfest in Port Townsend, WA and will be creating other types of art... the sacrifices we have to make. ;)

Chardonnay1965
03-20-2009, 04:27 AM
wow..you all have some neat ideas..:D
sorry you can't play with us Helen..:(

midnitecreations
03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I love this A-thons. I can't play the whole weekend, but I plan on playing at least friday and hopefully most of saturday.

hayward_cs
03-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Hmmm...I may have to join you all for the SAT. I love the CAT so much :D I don't have that many stamps though, really only just a handful. I'm sure I could make a few cards with them though. :yes:

GoldenWolf
03-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Wish I could play but I'll be at Artfest in Port Townsend, WA and will be creating other types of art... the sacrifices we have to make. ;)

Having been to Artfest twice, it's too bad there's a conflict for you, but I think you'll have an amazing time there and learn both in and out of the classroom :D

malicea10
03-20-2009, 03:07 PM
YEAH!!
thank you Chardonnay!

NYJunkie
03-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Another SAT sounds like lots of fun. I won't be around the whole weekend, but will do as many as I can. The challenge suggestions are good.

CattyCat
03-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I would like to see a "Multi-Stamp/No Collage" Challenge

seekingforart
03-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Hoping this time to able to participate! I love the one stamp challenge!

Theresagram
03-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Only two weeks away! Woohoo!

sniisk
03-22-2009, 03:23 AM
This is coming really fast! Somehing-a-thon once a month sounds good :). Actually, I started to organize my stamps yesterday.

jaw
03-22-2009, 03:48 AM
So bummed I'll miss another SAT! I'll be at ArtFest with HHC. I'm getting more and more excited! Aren't we the tortured artists?! LOL;)

malicea10
03-22-2009, 10:41 AM
LOL. Out of all my stamps...close to 2,500...I have no Asian stamps, nothing really travel or spring-y. :rolleyes:

What? :wideeyed:

malicea10
03-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I better start now so I can be ready!:swoon:

CattyCat
03-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Of course, these stamp a thons are kind of a challenge for me to actually use my stamps more. I use them a lot on atc's...but many I haven't used at all.

I have 1,678 stamped in my index so far and for some of those, that's the only time I've used them.

Poor little stamps. :(

And it went from 2,500 to 1678 in a couple minutes. What.... again ?:unsure: What do you organize them in?

jaw
03-22-2009, 11:10 PM
You have an index? What is it like? I was thinking of using a 3 ring binder and just stamping on plain paper, but then ... how do I know where I put them? I have around 100 stamps so far (maybe more ... hit a couple real good $1 sales at our local stamp store) 4 shoe box size plastic bins full. It's sick. It's an obsession.

CattyCat
03-23-2009, 01:36 AM
I keep my 500+ stamps in those large divided trays, divided by subject area: cats, floral, faces. design bits, trees/branches, animals, alpha, hearts, fairies, indian, egyptian, etc, then I have an index where I stamp the stamp so I can look at those pages for ideas rather than rummage around in the trays. I tried binders and it was just too cumbersome.

Ok, just one way of doing it.

jaw
03-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Okay ... call me silly, but ... which kind of large divided trays? :unsure:Like for kitchen utensils? (I am SO into Spring cleaning and organizing right now!:jiggy:)

hayward_cs
03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Just a heads up kinda thing, I received my Hobby Lobby sale flyer yest. And I don't know if they are the same for all areas/stores, but they have their stamps and stamp pads on sale this week for 50% off the regular price.
I was thinking about picking up a couple more stamps to add to my small collection and thought I would spread the word :D

GoldenWolf
03-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Just a heads up kinda thing, I received my Hobby Lobby sale flyer yest. And I don't know if they are the same for all areas/stores, but they have their stamps and stamp pads on sale this week for 50% off the regular price.
I was thinking about picking up a couple more stamps to add to my small collection and thought I would spread the word :D

I think it's only for Paper Studio and Stampabilities stamps. They do have other brands so make sure it's one of the on sale ones. On the other hand, their cashiers don't know what's on sale and what isn't half the time so you might get the discount anyway!

Theresagram
03-23-2009, 09:27 PM
What? :wideeyed:

Well, I'm not big on Asian stuff. I do have a few flowers but am not an overly flowery kind of gal. And travel...hm, well I have a route 66 stamps. LOL

Theresagram
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
And it went from 2,500 to 1678 in a couple minutes. What.... again ?:unsure: What do you organize them in?

I have most of them in binders on Ez Mount...they are grouped by subject. Women stamps in pink binders, alphabet sets in white binders, men/couples in light blue, etc.etc. etc.

As I put them in the binders I stamp them in an index. So I've got 1678 stamped in the index so far. The rest are either in drawers on wooden blocks waiting to be unmounted or else clear stamps in drawers and all of them are waiting to be stamped in the index.

I have probably between 600 and 800 stamps on wooden blocks waiting to be unmounted. I have not stamped them in the index yet, so they are not officially counted.

Then I have 4 big sets of clear stamps that have about 50 stamps per set. So that's another 200. Then I've got a whole bunch more clear ones in drawers...and I'm not even sure how many of those I have. All my clear sets are uncounted and not stamped in index.

So 1,678 already stamped and in index
+ 600 or 800 still on wooden blocks and not yet officially counted
+ 200 in the 4 big clear sets not yet counted in index
----------------------
equals about 2,478 - 2,678ish....not including all the other clear sets that I have and have not counted.

Oh, and this doesn't count any of my alphabet sets. I have around 30-35 of those.

Theresagram
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
You have an index? What is it like? I was thinking of using a 3 ring binder and just stamping on plain paper, but then ... how do I know where I put them? I have around 100 stamps so far (maybe more ... hit a couple real good $1 sales at our local stamp store) 4 shoe box size plastic bins full. It's sick. It's an obsession.

Once my stamp count hit about 1000 or so it was just too much of a hassle for me to go thru drawers looking, digging. So I started unmounting my stamps. Still working on it slowly but surely. It's so much easier to pull out a binder and open it, pull out a stamp....then digging thru a drawer. Even though the drawers were by subject, still a pain.

So, I started mounting them on EZ Mount and I put them in binders. I LOVE my binders. Some of them I can fit as many as 100 stamps in one binder!!! WAY WAY less room than the drawers. Like I said in the last post...binders are different colors;
tropical stuff/drinks in lime green binders, artsy stuff in purple binders, animals in animal binder, etc. I've also got labels on the binders. Very easy to find what I need.

The index is a big binder divided by company name. And I have alpha tabs. So After Midnight, All Night Media, Alluring Impressions....they all get their own sheet and I stamp all the stamps from that company on that sheet. That way if someone asks...hey, where did you get that stamp....I can look it up.

I do have several "unknown" pages for stamps I got unmounted from someone and don't know where they came from. Or they were on a wooden block and it had no company name. I also have a few Misc pages for the odd stamp.

I love having an index because if I'm wanting to do a certain atc or something, I can curl up in bed or sit at my table and just look thru it. So often I come across a stamp I forgot I had that is just perfect for what I'm working on.

I also intend on stamping facing pages in each binder, so when I pick up a binder I can see right there what each image look like.

And yes, I am anal. LOL :jiggy: But when you get this many stamps it's really hard to remember what you've got unless you're really organized.

Oh, some of my friends use cd cases instead of binders. I just don't like cd cases and it would drive me nuts having to open all of them looking for something. And so many of my stamps either wouldn't fit in them or I'd only get 1-2 in each case. So it wouldn't be worth it for me, although I have thought about using them for some of my tiny stamps.

jaw
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
At least you already recognize that you are anal .... how funny you are!!!:D I am SO impressed!!! I don't think I could unmount my stuff. I'll have to play around with it some. Maybe I'll start with index for each box and then I can still keep the boxes (for now), Then I'll move on from there ... I may need to take a vacation to your area just to see your set up!!!

midnitecreations
03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Theresagram, how did you unmount your stamps? and where do you get ezmount? I've got many of my stamps indexed like you, but I'd love to get some of my wooden stamps unmounted for easier storage.

Theresagram
03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
At least you already recognize that you are anal .... how funny you are!!!:D I am SO impressed!!! I don't think I could unmount my stuff. I'll have to play around with it some. Maybe I'll start with index for each box and then I can still keep the boxes (for now), Then I'll move on from there ... I may need to take a vacation to your area just to see your set up!!!

Oh yes! Do come out to see me!! Then you can play with all my stamps! And you can help me unmount the ones that are still mounted! :)

Theresagram
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Theresagram, how did you unmount your stamps? and where do you get ezmount? I've got many of my stamps indexed like you, but I'd love to get some of my wooden stamps unmounted for easier storage.

It's very easy to just peel the rubber right off. Sometimes it takes a minute of kind of picking at it, but then it normally comes right off. Very easy. And I've already unmounted probably 500 or so, I've only had to soak 2 or 3 in GooGone to get the stuff off the back. Sometimes there is a little bit of gray stuff on the back that comes off with a little rubbing. But sometimes I leave it on and put it on the EZ Mount and it works fine, although they say to get every little speck off. I don't always.

I've heard some people will put them in the microwave for a few seconds to help loosen them, but I've never had to do that.

Usually I buy my EZ Mount at stamps expos...since they have around 4 a year out here. But I have bought from www.blockheadstamps.com

If you need any tips on unmounting, mounting on EZ Mount or trimming, let me know. I feel like an expert now. LOL

Chardonnay1965
03-27-2009, 05:54 PM
It's comming soon now....:D......time to start prepping backgrounds..:D:D

Theresagram
03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Woohoo!

Chardonnay1965
03-30-2009, 03:43 AM
OHhhh...I'm comming to your house to play...:D

I have most of them in binders on Ez Mount...they are grouped by subject. Women stamps in pink binders, alphabet sets in white binders, men/couples in light blue, etc.etc. etc.

As I put them in the binders I stamp them in an index. So I've got 1678 stamped in the index so far. The rest are either in drawers on wooden blocks waiting to be unmounted or else clear stamps in drawers and all of them are waiting to be stamped in the index.

I have probably between 600 and 800 stamps on wooden blocks waiting to be unmounted. I have not stamped them in the index yet, so they are not officially counted.

Then I have 4 big sets of clear stamps that have about 50 stamps per set. So that's another 200. Then I've got a whole bunch more clear ones in drawers...and I'm not even sure how many of those I have. All my clear sets are uncounted and not stamped in index.

So 1,678 already stamped and in index
+ 600 or 800 still on wooden blocks and not yet officially counted
+ 200 in the 4 big clear sets not yet counted in index
----------------------
equals about 2,478 - 2,678ish....not including all the other clear sets that I have and have not counted.

Oh, and this doesn't count any of my alphabet sets. I have around 30-35 of those.

Chardonnay1965
03-30-2009, 03:47 AM
well it's Monday here now....so that is 4 more sleeps,,,

I think Friday's challenge will be to use one stamp...:D...
Sat's challenge...mmmmmmm

Chardonnay1965
03-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Sat's Challenge....until 12 noon.....make cards using Seekingforart's melted crayon tech as the background
after 12 noon till midnight...make cards using only stamps although you can use paints, pencils etc to colour the images...you could even maybe 3-D the image....

HHC
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh Char, I love the challenges! I just wish I could play!

Theresagram
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
OHhhh...I'm comming to your house to play...:D

Ok, we'll have fun!:jiggy:

midnitecreations
03-31-2009, 08:23 PM
I can only play till early Saturday morning. Not sure how many challenges I can do. Is there a free period on Friday or Sat a.m., or do we only do the challenges?

Chardonnay1965
04-01-2009, 03:14 AM
I can only play till early Saturday morning. Not sure how many challenges I can do. Is there a free period on Friday or Sat a.m., or do we only do the challenges?

the challenges are just a bit of fun..you don't have to do them if you don't wish to..
just create whatever makes you happy

Chardonnay1965
04-01-2009, 03:28 AM
sunday's challenges... before noon..make cards with embellishments...ie. ribbons, fibres, brads, bling etc...
after noon....animal ATC's

boatbird
04-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Hurrah! I have Friday off- now to pick one stamp to use :D

I might be able to play Saturday and SUnday mornings too :D so exciting!

Will have to start my backgrounds today though lol so they dry!

Chardonnay1965
04-01-2009, 07:28 AM
yeah ..I need to do my backgrounds too....and put away some of my stamps...that I haven't put away yet..lol

Chardonnay1965
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I have posted the Sat thread
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?p=385011#post385011