PDA

View Full Version : Grandparents Swap, Due Mar 14th

JanisElain
02-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Swap Due Date - 3/14/08
Signup/withdraw date - 3/1/08
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/Janiselain/Summer06%20siggies/SwapTitleBar-GrandparentsSwap.jpg
Special thanks to “Miss” for suggesting this idea!

In this swap, we will honor our grandparents. Create three cards that honor one or more of your grandparents – or people who were like grandparents to you. Feel free to show the name of your grandparent on the front or back of the card, and to provide a little information about him/her, if you’d like. Your cards can be the same, or different.

Due Date:
Cards are due in my hands by March 14th. This will be an on time swap. I will mail your return cards on the due date! NOTE: Late-arriving cards will be held for 1 week past the due date, swapped with other late cards, and then sent back out. (If there are not enough late arrivals, late folks may get some or all of their own cards back!)

Postage:
USA participants, please enclose 58-cents postage on your return envelope. If your envelope contains only 41-cents postage, I will be limited to sending you back very simple cards with no embellishments. Our new postal rates require 58-cents if the envelope is slightly thicker, slightly heavier, or requires hand cancelling (and if it’s both thicker AND heavier, it costs 75-cents). So affix your return postage accordingly.

International participants, I will pay return postage. An extra ATC of the swap theme would be greatly appreciated, but is not required.

Updates:
I will update THIS post (the first post in this thread) to inform you of the status of our swap. So check back HERE for updates. (You won’t have to read through pages and pages of posts or scroll to the end to get current information!)

Swap Rules:

1. Send your BEST cards – cards that demonstrate your best workmanship, and that you are proud to share with others.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and SWAP NAME in these 3 places:
* On the back of all your cards
* On the front of your mailing envelope
* On the front of your return envelope

3. Enclose a return label or self-addressed envelope. Inside the USA, include 58-cents postage. Outside the USA, I’ll pay return postage.

4. If you’re mailing from outside the USA, please mark “AIRMAIL” and mail early to allow extra time for delivery to the USA (I recommend allowing 3 extra weeks for delivery from outside the USA).

5. An extra ATC for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is greatly appreciated, but not required.

6. 3-D embellishments are fine, as long as the completed cards slide into standard 9-pocket pages, and as long as the embellishments are securely mounted so they don’t fall off during shipping. (Keep in mind that thick cards may require a padded mailing envelope and additional postage).

7. When you sign up for this swap, I will PM you my address and a reminder of the swap details.

8. I will give iTrader feedback the same day I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return, I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and Reputation Points for the artists whose cards you receive. (If you need instructions on how to leave iTrader or Reputation Points, let me know and I’ll send you step-by-step instructions).

9. With most of my swaps, I hand make a custom card for each swap participant, so I can trade one of your cards with one of mine. (I will give you a "Reputation Point" for the card I keep). If you would rather that I NOT trade one of yours for one of mine, please let me know that when you send your cards, and then I will make sure that your 3 cards go to others, and that your 3 returns come from others.

Swap Members:
1. Ria – ARRIVED!
2. Jonquil – ARRIVED!
3. Miss - ARRIVED!
4. Mishay38
5. Micromummy - ARRIVED!
6. MTpaperplayer - withdrew
7. MJB - ARRIVED!
8. Shelly – ARRIVED!
9. Rturnland – on their way!
10. Mammerlea – withdrew
11. Amyfaerie
12. Schaefme – ARRIVED!
13. Patti – on their way!
14. Marla412 – ARRIVED!
15. Kynara
16. Kjyoyo
17. Kat – ARRIVED!

Kynara
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
*waves at everyone* did we all make it over?? :)

JanisElain
02-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Kynara - good to see you!! :D

Patti
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
checking in. working on grumpy granny. It'll be a while.

miss
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I mailed mine Tuesday.

JanisElain
02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Sounds good! :D

rturnland
02-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Janis, what are your thoughts on digital cards? Just a thought.

Rob

JanisElain
02-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Rob - I leave it up to each person. Digitals are fine by me, as long as they're nicely done and printed (which I'm sure they would be). ;)

jonquil
02-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Mine are heading off in the post tomorrow

JanisElain
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Jonquil - sounds great! I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. :D

kjyoyo
02-27-2008, 03:49 AM
whew...I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz! <g> I I've been couch bound for the past week and had no idea the tornado came and swept everything up. Imagine my surprise when I heard the news, found this site, registered and saw this swap that peeked my interet - gee wonder why. I am died when I opened the link and saw my user name already there as a particiant! LOL I loved it!!!

So, yes I'm here and will be starting grampie and grammie just a soon as I'm released from the couch (hopefully the end of this week if not the first of next week) and I do'nt have to sneek back here to read email in the middle of the night. The only problem is the damn dogs always give me away! LOL

Kathy

kat
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
I joined this morning. I am a total novice as far as the procedures, so please give me corrective feedback. For example, I don't see your address?

I'm excited about The Grandparents Swap and would like to join. I started my cards last night.

Kat
klauney@nc.rr.com

JanisElain
02-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Kathy (Kjyoyo) - I'm sure that WOULD be quite a shock to find out all that happened while you were couch bound! I'm glad you found your way here, and that you're back in the swap again. :D

Kat - welcome! I sent you a confirmation and added your name to the list. :D

kat
02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Janis --

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be getting the cards in the mail tomorrow.

Kat (Kathy)

JanisElain
02-28-2008, 02:20 AM
Kat - Sounds perfect! I'll let you know the moment they arrive. :D

Merricat
03-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm going to move this to Active Swaps since your sign-up deadline is passed. :):)

JanisElain
03-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Merricat - sounds good! :D

Ria
03-03-2008, 05:31 PM
My cards will go postal tomorrow

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL491/9084300/18779051/306938937.jpg

JanisElain
03-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Ria - your card looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. :D

miss
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Awesome, awesome card, Ria.

Marla412
03-07-2008, 01:28 AM
My cards are done and I'm dropping them in the mailbox on my way to work in the morning.

JanisElain
03-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Marla - perfect! I'll let you know the moment they arrive. :D

Patti
03-09-2008, 06:47 PM
My cards are being mailed tomorrow morning. I hope they make it on time, but if they don't, don't wait for them, just keep 'em. I sure don't need 'em back <GG>. You'll see why when you get them. Pictures in my gallery.

JanisElain
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh, Patti, those are GREAT!! I'll let you know the moment they arrive. They should get here by Friday, if you send them Monday morning. :D

rturnland
03-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Mailed my cards out yesterday. All of my cards are digital, so I hope that nobody else minds that. Instead of posting my images into the thread; it's easier to point to my gallery. :)

Their are two of each card--I wanted to keep a non tradable copy.

This was a great swap, Janis! A great therapy swap! :)

Rob

JanisElain
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Rturnland - I look forward to receiving them, and will let you know the moment they arrive. :D

Kynara
03-17-2008, 09:36 PM
yay! I received my cards today!! They're wonderful!!! I received cards from Miss, Ria, Micromummy (2), Janiselain and Kat! I've left rep points for the wonderful cards!! Thanks everyone!

shelly
03-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Micromummy! I need you to post on this thread so I can give you a rep point. Your card is absolutely LOVELY!

Pennyquilter
03-18-2008, 05:06 PM
My Grandparents cards came today (3/18). What is so neat about them is that they are "real" people, "real" ancestors of the players. Thank you Janiselain for hosting and for playing. Your card is so cool. Also cool cards came from Miss and Kat. Have you people researched your family tree?
Thanks again,
pennyquilter

rturnland
03-20-2008, 12:40 AM
My returns came today! :D I got cards from Janis, Kat, and Schaefme. Thank you all for the cards. They are great!! And thank you again, Janis, for being such a wonderful host. :wubclub:

Off to leave rep and I-trader.

Rob

Ria
03-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Wonderful cards received - absolute treasures!!!!!!
Thanks to Kynara, Jonquil and Janiselain for their pictures.
Off to leave reps and feedback!

Thanks for another wonderful swap idea!

Patti
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Have my wonderful cards. they are so delightful. I trader for Janis as well as reps for her and Shelly and Kynara for their delightful cards.

kat
03-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Pennyquilter --

I assume you are the same as MJB who sent me one of the wonderful grandparents cards I received (others from Miss & Janiselain). My first swap & a great success.
Thanks to all.

Kat

jonquil
03-25-2008, 07:43 AM
thank you to Janiselain, Schaefme & Kynara for their fabulous cards and thanks to Janis for another wonderful swap