PDA

View Full Version : Windows & Doors, Due Feb 29th

JanisElain
02-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Swap Due Date - 2/29/08
Signup/withdraw date - 2/15/08
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/Janiselain/Summer06%20siggies/Swaptitle-windowsanddoors.jpg
Special thanks to “Kysunflower” for suggesting this idea!

Special Note:
Due to the “lost week” during the transition from the old site to the new site,
I am postponing the due date for this swap by one week.
I will mail out returns on 3/7/08, and will PM you when the cards are postal.

For this swap, your objective is to create three cards that portray windows and/or doors. You can show them from the inside, or from the outside, and you may use any medium. You can even make your cards so they open (like a real window or door)! Have fun, and be creative!

Due Date:
Cards are due in my hands by February 29th. This will be an on time swap. I will mail your return cards on the due date! NOTE: Late-arriving cards will be held for 1 week past the due date, swapped with other late cards, and then sent back out. (If there are not enough late arrivals, late folks may get some or all of their own cards back!)

Postage:
USA participants, please enclose 58-cents postage on your return envelope. If your envelope contains only 41-cents postage, I will be limited to sending you back very simple cards with no embellishments. Our new postal rates require 58-cents if the envelope is slightly thicker, slightly heavier, or requires hand cancelling (and if it’s both thicker AND heavier, it costs 75-cents). So affix your return postage accordingly.

International participants, I will pay return postage. An extra ATC of the swap theme would be greatly appreciated, but is not required.

Updates:
I will update THIS post (the first post in this thread) to inform you of the status of our swap. So check back HERE for updates. (You won’t have to read through pages and pages of posts or scroll to the end to get current information!)

Swap Rules:

1. Send your BEST cards – cards that demonstrate your best workmanship, and that you are proud to share with others.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and SWAP NAME in these 3 places:
* On the back of all your cards
* On the front of your mailing envelope
* On the front of your return envelope

3. Enclose a return label or self-addressed envelope. Inside the USA, include 58-cents postage. Outside the USA, I’ll pay return postage.

4. If you’re mailing from outside the USA, please mark “AIRMAIL” and mail early to allow extra time for delivery to the USA (I recommend allowing 3 extra weeks for delivery from outside the USA).

5. An extra ATC for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is greatly appreciated, but not required.

6. 3-D embellishments are fine, as long as the completed cards slide into standard 9-pocket pages, and as long as the embellishments are securely mounted so they don’t fall off during shipping. (Keep in mind that thick cards may require a padded mailing envelope and additional postage).

7. When you sign up for this swap, I will PM you my address and a reminder of the swap details.

8. I will give iTrader feedback the same day I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return, I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and Reputation Points for the artists whose cards you receive. (If you need instructions on how to leave iTrader or Reputation Points, let me know and I’ll send you step-by-step instructions).

9. With most of my swaps, I hand make a custom card for each swap participant, so I can trade one of your cards with one of mine. (I will give you a "Reputation Point" for the card I keep). If you would rather that I NOT trade one of yours for one of mine, please let me know that when you send your cards, and then I will make sure that your 3 cards go to others, and that your 3 returns come from others.

Swap Members:
1. Jonquil - ARRIVED!
2. Kysunflower - ARRIVED!
3. Howiewonderstud - withdrew
4. Pixeldog- ARRIVED!
5. Smokeysmom - ARRIVED!
6. Amyfaerie - ARRIVED!
7. Chardonnay1965 - ARRIVED!
8. Maxie23 – ARRIVED!
9. Shelly - withdrew
10. MusicGal - ARRIVED!
11. Chimera.Muse - ARRIVED!
12. Lilmisstypo
13. Ashleysuzanne - ARRIVED!
14. Flowergurl4eva – ARRIVED!
15. Elena - ARRIVED!
16. Purplecat - ARRIVED!
17. Dalem - ARRIVED!
18. Mistygold33- ARRIVED!
19. Maryannf - ARRIVED!
20. Laura1159 – ARRIVED!
21. JAD - ARRIVED!
22. Woodfork - ARRIVED!
23. Marla412 – ARIVED!
24. Triskele – ARRIVED!
25. Paperfairys – ARRIVED!
26. Schaefme – ARRIVED!
27. Lola123 - ARRIVED!
28. Dhawktx - ARRIVED!
29. ScramperSue - ARRIVED!
30. J4mi3 – ARRIVED!
31. Skeletoncrumbs
32. Stormarela - ARRIVED!
33. Cmarois - ARRIVED!
34. Fuzzynoodle - ARRIVED!
35. Karen1015 - withdrew
36. MTpaperplayer - ARRIVED!
37. Bralina - ARRIVED!
38. Seekingforart - ARRIVED!
39. HeidiWholeness
40. Mrubyjean – ARRIVED!
41. Margaretfield - ARRIVED!
42. Micromummy - ARRIVED!
43. Krzykitty - ARRIVED!
44. Slibee@earthlink.net – ARRIVED

seekingforart
02-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I am here! ;)

JanisElain
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Seekingforart - welcome! Glad you found your way to the new site! :D

mtpaperplayer
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm present!!:idea:

stormarela
02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
peeking in the window...

JanisElain
02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Great to see you all made it here!! :D I'm looking forward to continuing this swap here at our new site. (Isn't it a beautiful site!!)

mrubyjean
02-21-2008, 06:59 PM
It is a wonderful site...amazing that it was created so fast!
My cards are done and in the mail tomorrow.

JanisElain
02-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Wonderful! :D

dhawktx
02-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I made it!

:jiggy:

mtpaperplayer
02-22-2008, 12:37 AM
This Site is so Awesome!!!! How'd They Do That????:twitcy:

Mistygold33
02-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Hi There, Iam here and I hope to have mine out in the next day or two!!!!

JanisElain
02-22-2008, 02:43 AM
Welcome everyone! So glad you're finding your way "home"!

Marla412
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Janis, Just learned about this site today. I've been moving and am on call this weekend. I'll try to get cards out to you in time. When the old site shut down I didn't do any more cards - wasn't sure what was going on, but I'll try to get up to speed. Thanks!

flowergurl4eva
02-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi Janis,

I was sick this past week with the flu,
but today I managed to finish my cards for the swap.
I will post them tomorrow.

JanisElain
02-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Marla412 - glad you found your way here! :D

Flowergurl4eva - Hope you feel better! I'll let you know the moment your cards arrive.

margaretfield
02-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Just to let you know that my new username is margaretfield, instead of the old mfield.

xxxxx

JanisElain
02-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Margaret - thank you for the update! I'll go change that now. ;)

JAD
02-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Just letting you know I'm back...Glad to be with friends :)
Jeannie

JanisElain
02-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Jeannie (JAD) -- glad you're here! :D

Chardonnay1965
02-26-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm here..:D

mrubyjean
02-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Janis,
I'm a little concerned about my Windows and Doors cards ~ I mailed them on Friday;
I thought you would have them yesterday!
Martha

JanisElain
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Lorraine - Welcome! :D Glad you made it safely.

Martha - got them today. I can't leave iTrader today because I left iTrader for our private trade today, but your cards are safe and I'll leave feedback on Wednesday. Thanks for checking! ;)

mrubyjean
02-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks so much!

dhawktx
02-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I can't leave iTrader today because I left iTrader for our private trade today

Are you sure? I thought they said that all swaps 'count'...

:confused:

Yup, here it is!

You will receive 1 iTrader point PER TRADE, not per person. This means that if you complete 7 separate traders with one person, you will receive 7 iTrader points, not just 1 point. iTrader points are given for all swaps and trades. RAKs are not considered a trade as it is one sided, please use rep points for RAKs.;)

JanisElain
02-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Dhawktx - it's true that iTrader is given for each trade and for each swap -- but they only allow me to leave ONE iTrader per person per day. I left Mrubyjean a feedback point yesterday for our private trade, and so the system won't let me leave her another point on the same day. I have to wait at least 24 hours before I can leave her a new iTrader point. (The old site was like that, too).

dhawktx
02-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks, that wasn't plain to me!:huh: I can see how that would be a real pain in the tushy!

JanisElain
02-28-2008, 02:16 AM
It is! LOL :D

mtpaperplayer
02-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I can hardly wait for the end of this swap!! Looking forward to seeing some great work from other participants!!:idea:

JanisElain
02-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, we're getting some beautiful contributions for this swap!

Merricat
02-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm going to scoot this into the "Active Swaps" since it's due tomorrow. :)

JanisElain
02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Merricat - Sounds good. :D

Pixeldog
03-02-2008, 02:10 AM
I couriered my cards to you today Janis. I put my best man on it. Look for the snappy uniform and the snazzy truck. My guy is driving the rusted out Honda just behind that truck.

JanisElain
03-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Pixeldog - Wow! Your courier and his rusty Honda were very FAST, indeed! Your cards arrived safe and sound today. Hey, I like that courier, by the way! (I see why you call him "your best man"). ;)

mrubyjean
03-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks so much to Janiselain for hosting this swap, despite interruptions!! And thanks to Janis, slibee and Laura T for the nice cards which arrived yesterday! There is no username on Laura T's card ("destiny") so I couldn't leave rep points...if you are out there, please let me know.

musicgal
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I got cards today

Thanks again Janis for host and making a beautiful card!
maxie23 and marla412--Great work!

seekingforart
03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks Janis for hosting, love my returns from Stormarela, Margaretfield and Janis Thanks everyone!

ScramperSue
03-10-2008, 09:24 PM
LOVE my doors and windows :D thanks Janis for hosting, and thanks very much to:
Purplecat for "Door to my heart"
MargeratField(MField) for "After Winifred Nicholsen"
and to Janislain for "Abandoned Door"

I hope those that rec'd my scottish view are enjoying it :)
Sue

triskele
03-10-2008, 10:37 PM
I truly got the BEST cards from this swap - I love them!!!

Thanks to:

Mistygold33 - I love that the door opens to reveal the key, and the saying is very poignant!

Janis - Behind the Blue Door - I wanted to make my cards like this, to open and reveal another picture, but I was too lazy, LOL!

jonquil - Look at Me - The silver archway is a different interpretation on the theme and the little girl looks so sassy!

Such creativity - Thanks again!

Maryannf
03-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Great swap, received my ATCs yesterday, love all of them - thank you for great swap!

Maryannf
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Great swap, received my ATCs yesterday, love all of them - thank you for great swap. Got ATCs from SeekingforArt, Janiselain and Pixeldog - all great!

purplecat
03-12-2008, 08:36 AM
My cards are here!, great cards from;
Janis- abandoned window- an eerie card very clever, love it!
Mfield-after winfred nicolson- love the lace curtain!
flowergurl4eva- I love the way it opens, great job!

Thanks for hosting Janis, great job as always!

stormarela
03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Thank you Janis for such great return cards! They came today and I am so pleased. Thank you to Seekingforart, Mfield, and Janis for fabulous window/door cards! hmmm, I need more of these now!

maxie23
03-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Thank you to our host and to chardonnay1965, dalem,and Janiselain for great atcs. A special thanks to Janis for the replacement atc. Much appreciated!

Colourful.Daze
03-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Received lovely cards from JAD, Micromummy and maxie23! Thank you so much! And thank you for hosting such a fun swap Janis!

JAD
03-15-2008, 11:05 PM
I received wonderful cards from.Krzykitty, chardonnay1965, and Janiselain..I love them all :) Thanks guys..Off to leave rep points and I-trader for host.
Janis, thanks for being such a great host...Wonderful job on swapping out these cards :)
Jeannie

Chardonnay1965
03-17-2008, 04:42 AM
my cards came today..many thanks to Janis for hosting this fun swap and for her great card..also thanks to fuzzy noodle and smokeysmom for my fab cards..:D

jonquil
03-18-2008, 04:13 AM
My Windows & doors arrived from Marla 412, Mistygold33, & janiselain - thanks also to Janis for hosting a really fun swap

lilmisstypo
03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
i am soo sad ..... This is the only swap i have missed and deffinatly not all on my own ...... I went to come back online after a computer crash and found thet the site was not there any more ( i just found out about this site today through (altermyworld's website).... I was unsure if i was suppose to send the cards any way or if it was a lost cause ... I had a question about due date but the site was down and .... i wasn't able to send them on time ..... I know that time sensitive cards are the issue ... but ... the site closing and no redirection.... caused some negative points for me .... sad ... I am sorry to Janiselaine for the missing cards but and sad that i didnt get to swap and see all the lovely ones made by everyone ... I wishe there would have been a way to get to everyone to let them know ..... i know that if there would have been a way ... it would have been done ... but .. such is life ...... i hope that i will be allowed to join in other swaps in the future
( janiselaine) and really wish that if there was a way to lose a neg point ..... i could figure it out ..... lilmisstypo

JanisElain
03-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Lilmisstypo - I don't give negative feedback for "missing" people from swaps. The rules say to leave "neutral" feedback for that. But due to the old site closing down (and all the confusion associated with it), I'm not even doing "neutral" feedback for my current swaps. (Once the dust settles and I host new swaps here, I'll follow their policy of "neutral" feedback for missing swap participants -- but not yet).

So no worries, my friend! I'm just glad you found us, and am sorry that you had a computer crash. That's no fun!

Pixeldog
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Received all my cards from Elena, Maryannf and Slibee. All were great cards, thanks. And thanks Janis for another great swap.