Dreaming of a Gallifrey that was.
Media
Due: June 7, 2009
Withdraw Date: May 15, 2009
Returns mailed: June 22, 2009
Swapping: 3 for 3
12 players (and me!)
Mediums: Any

Thank you for playing! Please join us for the Magical Fire Element Swap run by Icekat.​

celticAir.jpg
AirKanji.jpg
ar.gif
airline.jpg
AirSymbol.jpg

Magical Air Element Swap

Hello! and welcome to my first swap!
We will be discussing the element Air, which is personally my favourite as I am a Gemini. (Coincidentally, so is Phrixus, my OC, whose birthday these cards are due on.) Unfortunately we only have 12 spots so if you're of the Airy sort, or just a fan, hurry in.​

From wikipedia: "Air is one of the four classical elements in ancient Greek philosophy and science. According to Plato, it is associated with the octahedron; air is considered to be both hot and wet. The ancient Greeks used two words for air: aer meant the dim lower atmosphere, and aether meant the bright upper atmosphere above the clouds.
In ancient Greek medicine, each of the four humours became associated with an element. Blood was the humor identified with air, since both were hot and wet. Other things associated with air and blood in ancient and medieval medicine included the season of spring, since it increased the qualities of heat and moisture; the sanguine temperament (of a person dominated by the blood humour); hermaphrodite (combining the masculine quality of heat with the feminine quality of moisture); and the northern point of the compass."​

From Shaman School: "The element Air governs:​

Seeing, breathing, speaking, hearing, planning, thinking, believing, memorizing, communicating, learning, teaching, information, ideas, wisdom, understanding, worry, sensation, awareness, opinions, data, memory, mind.​

What does this mean to you? It means that if you want to affect any of these areas in your life, you need to work with the element Air. Air is the perfect place for a beginning magician to start learning. As an element, Air is powerful and sometimes dangerous. Here are some of the colors associated with Air:​

Clear: breathing, physical reactions, physical sensations, seeing
White: mental processes, thinking, planning, communicating
Sky Blue: spiritual enlightenment, wisdom, understanding"​

Have fun and be creative! Remember: there's no right or wrong interpretation, just please try to send in your best!​

We aren't going to limit international players, but please try to include IRCs, stamps equal to the postage you paid, or well-concealed dollars if you can because our funds are limited. As everyone says, an extra card is wonderful, but certainly not mandatory nor expected for participation.​

Do note that we are in Canada, and allow enough time for your cards to arrive. That pesky border can add a few extra days. Also, if you must drop out, please let me know as soon as you can so that someone else can join if they wish. Cards must arrive on time (or early!), must all be in sleeves, and should be your best effort. Please include a filled-out address label and I will supply the return envelope. I will be swapping quality for quality as best I can. Late cards risk being returned to sender.​

Please PM me for the addy when you are ready to mail out and no tiny address labels.​

Thanks all!​

Air Dedicates:
-1. Icekat
-2. Papersaga
3. Acacia.rose Withdrawn
-4. jensamouse
-5. Arbriel
6. Redplantlady
-7. Adriayna
8. Goodmorningstarshine
-9. Vicki Z
-10. Spirit Fingers
-11. Wulfcwen
12. Philosophia
(And Me!)

Novices(Waiting List):
1. Artandsoul

Last edited:
woot! Looking forward to this! There are so many aspects to Air to explore, from beautiful skyscapes and weather, to correspondences and magical associations. I'll have to start thinking of what I want to do... hmm...

WOW, what an awesome swap theme.
Are you going to do all the elelments?

I like this, but I am really swamped right now.
Let me see if I can get my commitments caught up before your swap fills up. :0)

Yep, Icekat and I are going to switch every other one so she's Fire once mine is done. You better hop in quick before it fills up, Vicki! XP

Great to have you jensamouse! I'll add you to the Dedicate list.

May I Join as well?
I think this would be a great challenge!
I love wind-- probably because I'm a double fire sign: Sag sun with Leo rising.
Dry tinder watch out!

Woot! My birthday-sister! Yay! This swap was actually inspired because I saw your sky's the limit swap over at iATCs and whined at Phrixy. lol!!!

They sure can, Starshine! The only limit (besides creativity) is that it has to be related to Air.
Does that mean you'll join in? :D

Please sign me up.
I have no idea what I am going to do, but this is filling up too fast to miss a spot.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom