LisaB
02-19-2008, 09:13 AM
There are some differences here at our new site, so read carefully:
Put at the top of your swap thread:

Swap Due Date - Month Day
Signup/withdraw date - Month day
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants -

- In the title box, put the swap name, then a comma, then the due date as Month Date. Like this:
Frida Swap, Due Feb 14th
(If you don't do it correctly, our helpful Moderators will fix them for you as they find them - LisaB)
- If your title has an error, you can't edit it. But Mods can! Just PM a Mod and they will fix it for you.
Remember to ask PERMISSION before you post links to other people's art!

Hosts add to Regular Swap Directions:

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from! - optional

Taken From Our FAQ: Swap Hosting FAQ (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=swap_hosting_faq)

Who Can Host an ATC Swap?

All Hosts must be active members of this site for the 3 months immediately prior to hosting a swap and have a positive iTrader rating of +15.
New hosts are limited to one swap at a time, with a limit to the number of participants they can have per swap. Once 3 successful swaps have been hosted, then the host is granted full hosting privileges.
You must have your profile page filed in.

How Many Swaps Can I Host?

You may host no more than 6 swaps at one time. (both open and active, total includes both mail art and ATC combined.)
* First Time Hosts are limited to 12 players and a 3 for 3 card swap.
(First Swap must be completed [mailed out/iTrader received from a few players] before starting a second swap)
New hosts are limited to one swap at a time until they've completed 3 successful swaps. Read more here-->Swap Hosting FAQ (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=swap_hosting_faq)
Clarification:
Once the swap returns have been mailed and players start to post to the swap thread that they have received their cards, a new Host can open a 2nd or 3rd swap.

How Do I Start a Swap?

Swaps must be started in the Open Swaps Forum. Please open a thread with the name of your swap as the thread title. Include information on the theme, the number of cards to submit and a due date for submission.
If this is your first time hosting a swap at this website, please supply your full contact information

* Your real life name.
* A real home address.
* Two contact phone numbers
* Your email address
to AFA by emailing or sending a private message to any moderator.
Your information will not be made public or shared with members of this site. Your contact information is only required in case we need to contact you offline regarding your swap.

Notify players to PM you for your mailing address, or if you prefer send it to them upon signup. For safety reasons, we do not permit addresses to be posted in threads and will remove them.

Sending Out Returns
All Swaps must be completed in 90 days (or less), no exceptions.
Hosts must send out return ATCs within 2 weeks of the swap closing date. Please return any late cards to the artist.

Commitments of Hosting

Hosts must be prepared for the time and financial commitment of hosting a swap. Most players in the same country will send you a SASE for their returns. However, international participants may not be able to do this. You should be prepared to cover some of the postage of returns to international participants. If funds are short, please limit the total number of participants in your swap rather than not accepting international participants.
Hosts are allowed to request return postage from their players, either in stamps from the player's country, well concealed dollar bills or PayPal.

Hosts who do not send out the cards received from swap participants will be asked to leave the site and will be permanently banned. If you are unable to fulfill your hosting duties, whatever the reason, just contact us and we will take over your swap for you and pay to get the cards from you to a new host. We do want to help if you're having a problem. Please don't run away with other peoples' cards.

Hosts are expected to update members of their swaps in the thread at least once a week. This is so that all the members are aware of when their cards have arrived and so the swap doesn't appear to be inactive.

We highly recommend that hosts take their packages and envelopes to their local post office to mail returns so that the postage can be double checked. This helps prevent delays in returns for participants.

Uneven Swaps

Hosts cannot host uneven swaps. If the artist is required to send in 3 cards for the swap, then they must receive 3 cards in return. Please do not ask participating artists to send you extra cards in lieu of postage. An extra card is a gift should the participating artist want to thank you for hosting.

Pick-A-Theme (PAT) Swap Host Guidelines:
Pick-a-Theme (PATs) swaps are swaps where participants join groups (usually limited to 5 per group). Each person in the group has chosen a theme. You will make one card for each person in your group in the theme that they have chosen.
In return, each person in your group will make you a card in the theme that you have chosen. All cards for PATs are sent to the host who will swap them out just like a standard swap
--To host a Pick a Theme (AKA: PAT) Swap you must have a minimum iTrader of +30, and have been an active member at least 6 months.
--To host a PAT you must have successfully hosted 3 regular swaps first.
--PATs should be completed and mailed out in 90 days, or less
--You can only host ONE PAT at a time.

Carole Cadek
02-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Pick-A-Theme Swaps -Hosting Guidelines

Make sure that you are REALLY committed to running a PAT swap. These swaps are a huge undertaking and you will have to stay on top of things every single day, be super organized with your lists and mail arriving at home. There is no such thing as too much communication.

Requirements regarding themes:

1. Theme is the main focus on a PAT so themes must be checked and no obvious theme deviation should be sent to the receiver. Such as if someone asks for a green cat and a blue one is sent in the creator must be informed immediately that it is off theme and asked to do it again.

2. Cards must be checked as soon as they arrive. Checked for theme, size, construction, weight of substrate etc.

3. Any obscure themes must have a link to a clear image of the sort of thing they want, broader themes such as a film character must have a link to the character from the film site etc. If the host is not clear on the theme from the link it is likely the creator might not be so ask the receiver for another more clear link. Several links can be supplied if needed. Links must be shown next to the players name and theme. Inform players in the first post that if they are not clear of what they are required to do they must contact the receiver.

4. When the cards arrive and you are not sure if the theme is correct. Scan or photograph the card/s in question and send the image to the receiver. Ask them if the card/s are what they expected. If they say it's not and you think they are being unreasonable send the images to a member of staff and we will make the judgment call.

5. If you are unsure about doing a PAT that has complicated themes then ask that they be easy general themes or pick out several themes yourself for the groups and provide your own links.

6. PATs involve more work than regular swaps. If you are unable commit to the extra work, then hosting a PAT is not for you. The above requirements endeavor to be fair to both the host and players and following these guidelines should avoid off theme cards being submitted. (amended 5/2013.)
You must be very clear about how it will run. Give all the details that you can think of and ask for help if you are not sure about something or need input. Ask someone to proof read the information to be sure that it is clear.

You need to require participants have an established positive trader rating of +15 in order to join these swaps because if just ONE person flakes out in a group you will have a problem. No exceptions! (Even an experienced member can flake out but this will keep a new member with little or no experience from causing a calamity.)

You must have a signup date deadline and a mail by date deadline. Strictly enforce your deadlines.

Your groups will be easier to manage if they stay at 5 participants per group. They can join more than one group if they want to. (Each group will produce 20 cards total.)

No more that 8 groups per PAT swap. That is a lot of cards (160) to keep track of. Certainly you can have less than 8 groups in your swap. We recommend you keep it around 5 groups of 5 participants. (100 cards total)

If they donít send all the cards for every member of the group by the deadline they should be eliminated from the swap and their cards returned. Do not hold the swap up and wait around until they get the work completed and to you.

Like other swaps, PAT cards should be mailed out within two weeks of the swap ending date. Occasionally, members of a PAT group within the swap will mail early, resulting in that group's cards being turned in well before the ending date. In such a case, swap hosts may choose to swap out individual groups as soon as all cards are received. In no case should mailing a PAT group's returns be delayed beyond two weeks after swap closing date.

When a participant flakes out or gets eliminated from a group the other memberís of the group must receive the card back that was made for that member, with their returns. You can not keep them, donít even try.

No one will be allowed to run more than one PAT Swap at a time. No exceptions.

Feel free to direct participants to these guidelines if they try to Ďfudge the rulesí; please donít risk your good standing to accommodate them.

KatieV
02-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Is there a limit to number of cards or number of players for first time hosts? I'd like to host a 4/4 for my first time, would this be okay?

Carole Cadek
02-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Is there a limit to number of cards or number of players for first time hosts? I'd like to host a 4/4 for my first time, would this be okay?
This is in discussion and we will have your answer shortly :)

Craftygirl34
02-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry but can i ask what a AFA is? :unsure:How Do I Start a Swap?

QuoteSwaps must be started in the Open Swaps Forum. Please open a thread with the name of your swap as the thread title. Include information on the theme, the number of cards to submit and a due date for submission. If this is your first time hosting a swap at this website, please supply your full contact information to AFA by emailing or sending a private message to a moderator. Your information will not be made public or shared with members of this site. Your contact information is only required in case we need to contact you offline regarding your swap.

Carole Cadek
02-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Sorry but can i ask what a AFA is? :unsure:
Sure it's an abbreviation for-ATCsForAll-The name of this web Site :)

LisaB
02-23-2008, 06:59 PM
OS = the Other Site (ATCards)

TMA = TheMailArtist site, soon to have it's own new digs

iATCs = IllustratedATCs site

Craftygirl34
02-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the information, I am considering a swap as I am nearly there with my ratings. I might ask for guidance or a buddy system, which I think was in place on the other site to guide me the way through, still thinking about it at the moment though. :wub:

CattyCat
02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
A basic dummy in the third row question.

What makes a Pick A Theme swap a Pick a Theme swap? There is so much talk of this type swap but I do not see it defined for we who are new to hosting swaps here. I assume as a host I am expected to pick a theme for the swap I host. So what is the difference? I'm obviously very unaware here to the point that asking for clarification is even confusing.

I guess my question is: What is the difference between me Picking a Theme for a swap I host and a Pick A Theme Swap.
YIKES! :swoon: HELP !

miss
02-23-2008, 08:25 PM
In Pick A Theme swap, each person signs up for a theme. So within a group of say, 5 artists, you'd make a card for each person on the theme they chose, and send it to the host. The host sorts the cards, and sends each player cards that were made specifically for them on their theme.

Hope I explained that OK-- check out one of the PAT swaps to see how it's set up.

Merricat
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi MaryEllen! A Pick-A-Theme swap is different from a regular one. The host sets up groups of participants (example: 6 groups with 5 participants each). Each participant picks a theme, then they create a card based on the themes the other participants selected. In the end, they'll each wind up with 4 cards in the theme they selected. :)

CattyCat
02-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Thank you Miss and Merricat for your clarification. I get it. I am now enlightened.:jiggy:

LisaB
02-25-2008, 02:56 AM
That was such a good question! I added the definition to the 1st Post since we were all new once!
Thanks!

Lois
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Hosts must be active members of this site for at least 3 months prior to hosting a swap ...

Since this site only appeared in February, may I assume one can count experience on another ATC site as part of the three months?

I am very active on "artisttradingcards" (a Yahoo group with over 3000 members) and have hosted many swaps there. Perhaps some of you know me from that venue -- maybe as "davisbirder" or "pop" or "Lois Richter".

Once I have accrued 15 points, I hope I can host a swap here also.

-- Lois Richter, Davis, California, USA

Carole Cadek
03-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Lois, did you belong to ATCards? If not then you have to wait to host here until you have met the 3 month membership requirement.

toni
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Just idle curiousity here, but why is it permissible to require a SASE from USA participants, but not okay to require an extra card or ephemera in lieu of SASE for international?

LisaB
03-19-2008, 10:04 AM
We aren't saying it is not okay. There are other sites that "require" an ATC in lieu of postage, but that makes it an "uneven" swap and that is not allowed here. We don't allow our Hosts to demand an extra card as payment for Hosting.

It has been a long standing policy here (since the OS) that Players would send SASE to a Host in their country and the Host would happily cover all international. I don't remember a case of an international Host requiring ephemera or an ATC for postage before. Members, and I would say a large number of them, send "gifts" of an extra ATC and ephemera to an international Host anyway to thank them for their time.

boatbird
03-20-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm thinking about hosting a swap.... is it ok to do a Euro-zone only for my first one, requesting that people send me stamps to the value it would cost me to send the returns so the postage is covered?

adifferentstory
03-20-2008, 05:04 AM
That's perfectly fine boatbird. Your first swap will be limited to 12 players and before your swap is approved will will need your contact details (real name, address, home phone number and email address).

toni
03-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for asking my next question, boatbird!

Ibus
04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
What about Round Robins? l've had so much fun playing, l would like to start my own.

Carole Cadek
04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Ibus, I believe any one who has a positive iTrader rating can start a Round Robin :)

Ibus
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh good! I'll start making background cards then :)

stillatthetop
04-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes. Round robin is not governed as closely by the system here. You can start a thread on the One on One trades here. I just caught that same RR bug, and plan to post my own thread here soon for that as well. My best suggestion is organize things in advance. You will have to keep track of the members and where the cards are at. Post your expectations early on the thread, as in how long that each member can keep the cards (2 weeks seems a good number here). Also make sure that the players are all in good standing. Do a search of recent posts they have made, and how often they are available to join in the fun here. If you have any questions about this, then you can always PM a mod to clarify where a member stands...if that info is not available to you, then they should know/be able to advise on things. Don't panic the newbies, though. They should be able to join in as long as they seem ready and are not over committed to projects here. I guess what I am trying to say is put some trust into players that may not have a lot of things posted yet, but also have not proven to be a flake kind of member. RR are so much fun! I can't wait to get my first set of cards back in my hot little hands!!!

Ibus
04-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks SATTT, as a newbie myself, I've been thrilled with everyones friendliness and willingness to help an untried trader. I think limiting it to 4 sets for the first one, in line with the newbie 12 player rule, will probably make more sense. Once I have that under my belt, I can rethink the numbers. :)

ScramperSue
04-24-2008, 03:11 AM
I was scheduled to host JUNE's PAT and MID-AUG's PAT (on the OS)
Does that schedule carry over to our new site??
Sue

ScramperSue
04-24-2008, 03:15 AM
I am hosting my first ATC(Bkgds. swap) swap here at AFA.
I would like to hold a bkgd inchie swap also. up to 12 players to send 3 sets of 6 inchie bkgds. (roughly the same size as an ATC) There are other members here that can vouche for me as a hostess as I have hosted swaps they were in elsewhere---Kynara, for one and I can list others.

Would you please allow me to do this?
thanks in advance,
Sue

adriayna
04-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Sue, the backgrounds swap is your first one? Then you need to wait till it concludes before you can host more :).

Carole Cadek
04-24-2008, 09:31 AM
I was scheduled to host JUNE's PAT and MID-AUG's PAT (on the OS)
Does that schedule carry over to our new site??
Sue
Sue, one of the requiements to Host a PAT is that you have sucessfully completed 3 regular swaps. (Cards have been mailed out and received by participants.)
Once you have completed 3 regular swaps , you can then host a PAT, as your membership time and iTrader meet the requirements. :)

ScramperSue
04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Sue, one of the requiements to Host a PAT is that you have sucessfully completed 3 regular swaps. (Cards have been mailed out and received by participants.)
Once you have completed 3 regular swaps , you can then host a PAT, as your membership time and iTrader meet the requirements. :)

oh, Avie signed me up as a host in January for June and Mid-Aug. I guess she was thinking I'd have fulfilled those obligations by then, or she was trusting me. My iTRADER was already well past the requirement-- even then.

ScramperSue
04-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Stormarela told me that round robins or JAMS do not fall under the same rules as regular swaps...that i can host one of those at any time. Is that true? or did that rule change also?

Carole Cadek
04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Sue, anyone with a postitive iTrader can host a Round Robin or Jam.

When you have completed hosting 3 swaps the sign ups for PATs are here;
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349

muppin
05-02-2008, 09:27 AM
What about swaps requiring money being sent in the mail that seems too high to cover postage? There is a swap currently doing this.
Please advise.

Carole Cadek
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
If it's an international Host, postage for them is more than double to mail back to the US.

kristinized
05-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Would it be okay to request non-usa participants in a swap to send postage from their own country? I family who collect stamps and I could also use that postage when swapping with friends who live in different countries. Just checking for the future.

Carole Cadek
05-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I believe some host do. Then they use the postage when they participate in international hosted swaps. :)

kristinized
05-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Sounds good, thanks!

KatieV
05-30-2008, 11:05 AM
I hosted my first swap (3/3, 12 players) and the returns have been received. Does that mean there are no restrictions on what I can host now? 4/4 or more than 12 players? Just checking to be sure before I put in the swap I want to do :D

Carole Cadek
05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Katie, the second swap may have up to 20 players, and the 3rd up to 30, with a 3 for 3 trade.:)

CattyCat
07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm confused by the last 2 posts. I was told I had to do 3 swaps with the 12 players before I can do a bigger swap. Is that wrong? Now that I have finished my first swap can I host a full size one?

dhawktx
07-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Isn't that 3 regular swaps only if you want to host a PAT?

KatieV
07-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I think it was a new rule that came out after I posted that question -- i believe the way it goes is:

1st swap, 12 people 3/3
2nd swap up to 20
3rd swap up to 30

Carole Cadek
07-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Your right Katie. The Hosting rules have been updated.
The info is also in the FAQs:
Who Can Host a Swap? (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=swap_hosting_faq#faq_swap_hosting_faq_ who)

AngelaMariex3
07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
I trade doing a search and can't seem to find the answer. What are the requirements for starting a PIF? :)

Thanks.

Carole Cadek
07-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Let me go check, and I will get back to you :)

Carole Cadek
07-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Anyone with a positive iTrader rating can start a PIF or MMH.
Some members start them and require participants to have a 3+ iTrader to play. :)

AngelaMariex3
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Thank you, Carole! Maybe I can start mine now... hehe! :)

CattyCat
08-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm asking this question here so others can see it in the future if they need the answer.

Once my swap is filled with players, how do I get it moved from Open to Active? and then from Active to Closed/Archived???
Thanks
Maryellen

Carole Cadek
08-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Just click on the http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/images/ca_evo2/buttons/report.gif (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/report.php?p=177059) button in the first post, state where you would like it moved.
And a Mod will moved it. ;)

sweetest-sin
08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
at least its more leanient now , and i know that after 3 swaps im freeeeee:spinny:

CattyCat
09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Do I have the right to not allow someone into a swap I am hosting, or do we just have to allow everyone who asks, to be in our swap?

GALZART
09-17-2008, 05:18 PM
There is a Thread here on this....I'm looking for it...will get back to you.

Found it: Hosts Forum
"members not welcome in Swap"...by rkolig

NatashaFatale
10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
May I make a suggestion? How would everyone feel about requiring swap hosts to proactively send their mailing address to all participants upon signing up?

I joined 6 swaps recently and only got a PM with a mailing address from 2 hosts. Since I am somewhat of a procrastinator, in addition to being very new here, I got my cards ready at the last minute and came to the site to get an address for my envelope only to realize it hadn't been sent to me.

I know if I had misssed a deadline, it would have been totally my fault, I should have taken care of it sooner. But I was in such a panic--because time was running out and there was nothing I could do but send a PM and wait, and hope they wrote me back immediately. I just think this problem is such an easy one to solve, for both newbies and veterans alike, by having a PM with an address be standard practice.

Thoughts?

Siena
10-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I gave it some thought before deciding which way to do it for my first swap. I decided to have them pm me for my address, because then I know who is sending and when, because not every participant tells you that. I like to know whose cards to watch for in the mail, and who might be late, and who might not even send me any at all. Then I also know who to chase a bit at the end if I haven't heard from them yet. I think I'll continue to do it this way.

Also, I'm on here every day with very few exceptions, so anyone asking for an address would get it within 24 hours.

KatieV
10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't send my address out when players sign up because I don't want my address floating around -- there are plenty of people who sign up for swaps but never mail cards. I don't know what other hosts think about this though.

Jean
10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't send out my address upon sign-ups either. I do ask members to subscribe to the thread and normally post reminders there.

GALZART
10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I won't send my address in advance. If a 'player' has to request it...it's another check for the host to know what's going on with that person.

jklee
10-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I think for the most parts hosts check in their PMs very frequently, and I agree with the idea of not liking my address all over; but if you ever run into this situation again you could try PMing another player, most of us keep mailing records and another player might be able to give you the address sooner.

stillatthetop
10-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I am somewhat of a last minute player myself. I don't like the panic. I also will not give out addresses of a host when requested (or anyone else's addy...that is personal information, and I don't want anyone else passing my info around, either). I think that if a host puts you on their sign up list, then that player (me) should get their address promptly. If a host feels you are a risk, then you should be disqualified from the sign up list to start. I am tired of tracking down hosts. Many do not keep up with their threads. When I sign up...and you say yes...PM your addy. That simple.

I will add that transportation to the Post Office is an issue with me. I often don't know until the night before whether or not that I have a ride. So days between having the address has caused me great stress in the past.

Siena
10-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Even when a host has a personal policy to give out addresses as the players are ready to send, there is nothing stopping someone from emailing that host early on in the swap and requesting the address, whether cards are done or not. I still think it's very useful to help track players.

That's true, jklee, in desperate times there are usually others available with the needed address.

CattyCat
10-23-2008, 05:34 AM
I just put the following in my opening statement for each swap.

Once you see you are on the list of players below, PM me for my address.

I don't tell them to ask for it immediately or to wait until their cards are done. That is up to the player. If a person knows they are a procrastinator that is the thing to work on. If you know you procrastinate down to the last day, maybe it would just be good to make a point of getting the addy early on so you don't have to potentially run into the problem at the end of not being able to connect with a hard to find host. Ya think? :yes: Personally I frequent the swaps I host more than once every day. I read my PMs all the time throughout the day.

KatieV
10-23-2008, 08:32 AM
I like that hosts have the freedom to run things the way they like. If there were very strict rules on how things had to be done I would be much less likely to host swaps.

kristinized
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
I would rather not have others give my address out because what if the address is given incorrectly? The cards go missing and then what happens? If I don't receive an address by the time I start the cards I pm the host asking for it. When I host I try to send my address to players upon joining, so people have it.

NatashaFatale
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I won't send my address in advance. If a 'player' has to request it...it's another check for the host to know what's going on with that person.

Though I see your point about getting to see who is really checked in, a new swapper wouldn't have any way to know that. Swaps are not a "test" that a person has to pass before being allowed in. A swapper who doesn't take it upon themself to PM the host is no more irresponsible than a host who doesn't PM the swapper, in my opinion. If a person is signed up for your swap, it's common knowledge that they will need your address, why would you withhold it from them?

I think the person who mentioned putting "PM me for my address" in the swap instructions has the right idea, because her expectations were clearly stated. In the absense of instructions like these, it seems like there should be some standard protocol. If for no other reason than so n00bs like me are not set up to fail.

I can't tell you how frustrating it was to get a PM saying "don't forget that the deadline is coming up in 3 days!" but without the one key piece of information I needed in order to make the deadline--an address.

stillatthetop
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Problem with me, is that I communicate daily with so many people here. They are familiar, and I assume that their info is in my spreadsheet. That I have traded with them in the past. Then I realize when I go to address things....oh, no. I don't have it! You are correct, CattyCat...it is my fault...but still. Hosts should make things as easy on players as they expect players to follow their rules and make things easier for them. Correct?

I will repeat I NEVER, EVER GIVE OUT ANOTHER MEMBERS PERSONAL ADDY INFORMATION. And I hope that I never find out that someone else has shared mine. I don't ask from other members, either. I don't find this practice to be comfortable. And I don't think other members here would, either.

goatgoddess
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM
I always put the "pm me for my address when you are ready" in my welcome post after someone signs up - I use to send everyone my address when they first signed up - some would lose it and have to pm me again for it - some would already have it and request that I not fill up their inbox with more pm's :)

so I don't send it out ahead of time and I check in often on my threads (I think most do) I'm a last min type swapper - trying hard to break that habit but haven't yet - it's up to me to have my ducks in row.

And I think what is meant by "members checking in" is that there always seems to be a number of new people who sign up - but then you never hear from them again - I would rather not just send my address out cold to members that post a few times never to be heard from again.

KatieV
10-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I agree with GG -- if hosts sent out their addy to everyone who signed up for their swaps, a lot of us would feel like that is spam. As a host, I don't keep track of who already has my address and who doesn't have it yet. When players request my address from me, I respond the same day or the next day. I don't think this means that I am withholding my address or being irresponsible.

kristinized
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I think people who see an address pm from a host (of a swap they signed up for) as spam don't really understand what spam is - we're not sending emails for ads on "enlarging your package" --. seriously the title of a spam email I got today! :) The host's address is necessary information for the swap. PMs are easily deletable, I'd rather a player get the info twice than sit around with cards ready to mail and no address.

Whatever the host's method, I'm ok with whatever works best for her.

KatieV
10-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Whatever the host's method, I'm ok with whatever works best for her.

What she said :)

jklee
10-23-2008, 11:49 PM
I would rather not have others give my address out because what if the address is given incorrectly? The cards go missing and then what happens?

I had not thought about that before, and it is a very valid point. Thanks for pointing it out, I will take it into account :)

Rachel
10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
I just wanted to say I have never, ever had a problem with a host not pm'ing me their address within 24 hours. And it would be totally my fault if I procrastinated and as a result didn't get the addy in time.

People here are wonderful!

Ibus
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
One more thing about addresses. Am I the only one on this site to keep an address book? I get a bit fed up supplying my address over and over and over again to the same people, sometimes just after I have received something from them!
It's not hard. I use forum names to alphabetise, as that's how I think of people anyway, and then have their real names and addresses underneath. Makes life much simpler, but I'm beginning to feel a tad anal!

jklee
10-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I think there is quite a few people who keep addresses on file; I downloaded a free program to keep my records and I have over 140 addresses stored there. I also get a bit annoyed for writing my address over and over (just because it's a bit long), so I keep it saved in my notepad and just copy/paste to the PMs when it's needed.

Ibus
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tip, I never thought of that! Mine's long too.

Patti
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Questions:

I hosted one swap on the o/s and one here. Does this mean if I do one more swap here that counts as three?

And I can have more up to 30 players on this third(?) swap?

And after that can host as many as six at a time with unlimited players?

dixiebuggie
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
What if I have been here a month a have 81 itraders? is that enough trades to over ride the 3 month waiting ?

Debra1217
01-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I really appreciate all of the useful information that I found here. Thank you all again!!

artworm
01-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey LisaB, since you are from the Mardi Gras state, how bout hosting a Mardi Gras swap? I thought about it, but I've been ill and until I get used to my medication, don't think I could handle something like a swap right now. (I forget things.) Anyway I love the MG colors, ordered my king cake, etc, so I'm feeling Mardi Gra-ish. Thought I'd pitch that out.

kjsartist
07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Question, as the hostess of my first SWAP do I leave each that participates an iTrader? And if so, when? When I recieve their cards or at the end of the SWAP?

LisaB
07-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Question, as the hostess of my first SWAP do I leave each that participates an iTrader? And if so, when? When I recieve their cards or at the end of the SWAP?

Yes, it is your responsibility to leave iTrader for each participant, some members really depend on it so they can join swaps that have a minimum set to participate.

It is probably 50/50 as far as when to leave iTraders for players. Some Hosts leave iTrader as they receive the cards, that way they don't have to worry about it anymore. Other Hosts wait until all cards are received so they are done in one swoop.

Tlouey
07-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Most of the seasoned hosts seem to advise leaving iTrader as the cards come in so that you don't miss anyone and so that newer members don't have to wait as long to get their iTrader count up.

Dooda
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I just finished my first swap and have heard from all but one of my participants that they received their cards. I sent that person a PM but have still not heard anything; I guess it is possible that they are on a really long vacation. My question is: how long does the thread stay on the list after it is over and what are my responsiblities?

RobbyGirl
09-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I have just completed and mailed out my first swap. Is there a time period I must wait or may I go ahead and announce my next swap?

LisaB
09-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I just finished my first swap and have heard from all but one of my participants that they received their cards. I sent that person a PM but have still not heard anything; I guess it is possible that they are on a really long vacation. My question is: how long does the thread stay on the list after it is over and what are my responsiblities?

After a week or two, go ahead and click the REPORT button and ask the Moderators to move it to the Archive forum. Some folks just don't "get it" - that it is good manners to let the Host know the cards were received and the other players that they got their cards in the swap.

LisaB
09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I have just completed and mailed out my first swap. Is there a time period I must wait or may I go ahead and announce my next swap?

You have to have all the returns received before hosting your next one. If a host was allowed to host several at a time when they were new and then ran off with all the cards after telling the players they were received, that wouldn't be a good thing, hence the rules.

Good question!

RobbyGirl
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
So if I am understanding you correctly, all players must acknowledge receipt before I may begin my next swap thread? So could be a couple of weeks waiting for the internationals.
(I'm not questioning the rule btw, just trying to make sure I have a proper understanding.).

Carole Cadek
09-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Robby, once the swap returns have been mailed and players start to post to the swap thread that they have received their cards, you can open your 2nd or 3rd swap. :)

LisaB
09-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I added the clarification(Inky's explanation) to the 1st Post.

RobbyGirl
09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank you guys so much for the clarification, that's great! Just love this place.

culangtri
10-07-2009, 10:27 PM
could be a couple of weeks waiting for the internationals.

Trinasatc's
10-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi, I was wanting to host my first swap and am understanding this is o.k as long as I keep it to 12 players, 3/3 cards send you my personal info ?

Carole Cadek
10-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes! It's a good idea to send in your info first, your swap will get approved faster that way. :)

Trinasatc's
10-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Thank you very much.On it's way :)

momoruth
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
If you ask to join a swap and they don't accept you...what does that mean...it made me a little sad..i'm just curious because I am a new player. Thank you

KatieV
01-10-2010, 08:56 PM
What do you mean? Was the swap full?

momoruth
01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
No it was not...and it still isn't, but I noticed people who requested after me were listed..I wasn't sure if I should ask to be added again..or just move on..???

KatieV
01-10-2010, 10:43 PM
I'd ask again! Sometimes hosts could just miss a post!

momoruth
01-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I will...thankyou

Siena
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
That happened to me the very first time I asked to join a swap... and it was completely an oversight on the host's part. It's easy to miss someone, so don't feel sad. Basically no one gets turned down here for joining a swap (there would have to be an excellent reason).

stonehaven
09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Two questions. First, once you send in your contact info to a board member, do you have to wait for confirmation, or can you just go ahead and post your swap? Second, would I count myself as one of the 12 players of my first swap, or would it be 12 + me?

Thanks!

Carole Cadek
09-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Swaps go into moderation when they are posted. It wouldn't be approved until the Moderator you sent you info to has added it to the Host File.
No, you don't have to count yourself among the players, it's 12 + the Host. :)

tlsexton0913
09-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Is the hostess responsible for making sure that participants get their address for sending out cards? When someone signs up for my swaps I send them my address ASAP. I had a hostess tell me that I was supposed to PM her as she doesn't always check the thread and was just wondering.

beeps
09-18-2010, 12:43 AM
that's a good question. people do it different ways but i would assume a host should check their threads in case someone requests via the thread. humm.... i usually wait for people to ask for mine (helps to keep track of new to me players and mailing :)

Carole Cadek
09-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Many hosts send out their address when players sign up, others ask players to PM them when they are ready to send their cards in.
Usually this is noted in the first post of the swap thread.
It's up to the host to decide how they want to proceed. :)

GALZART
09-18-2010, 07:45 AM
By having the participants request your address it's just another little check for you to know who is actively participating.

adriayna
09-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah - agreed with Gail! I do this so that I know who is sending cards and when :)

WeAre138
11-25-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking about hosting my first swap, but I'm a little confused and have a few questions.

1. Do I send my address, ect. to a mod first and ask permission to host a swap, then if I get approved post the swap in the forums?

2. Is the host considered a player in the swap. Would I also make 3 cards and be the 13th player in the swap?

3. Is it acceptable to ask for postage to be covered by international players via paypal? I live in Scotland, UK, so it's unlikely there would be many players within my own country and postage to the USA can be expensive. Could I, for example, sponsor 3 players from outside the UK but ask any others to provide postage via paypal/UK currency in the envelope.

4. Can your first swap be all ages? And do all ages swaps always swap between kids and adults separately, hence being two swaps really?

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions...

Carole Cadek
11-25-2010, 09:26 PM
These are not silly questions. :)

Yes, please send your user info to a Moderator first.

If you chose to play in your first swap, you are the 13th player and you can make 3 cards to swap with the other players, if you want.

You can require players to pay for their return postage. A number of hosts do ask for players to use PayPal.

Since the first swap is limited to 12 players and a 3 for 3 exchange, you will only have 36 cards (plus your own, if you play too) to work with.
If you do an all ages there might not be enough adult or children's cards to swap them separately. So that would be your decision on how you would swap them out. :)

WeAre138
11-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for responding. Could you maybe give me the names of mods who handle swaps, I'm not sure who I should be asking.

Carole Cadek
11-25-2010, 09:46 PM
You can send it to me, Katie V, adifferentstory or fantasy firebird. :)

WeAre138
11-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Thank you, I'll send it to you if that's okay :)

Carole Cadek
11-25-2010, 09:48 PM
It sure is! :)

WeAre138
11-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks, sent :3

Pochadiva
01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm thinking about hosting my first swap but I was thinking about co-hosting with another member who lives in my city. Is this allowable? We both meet all of the criteria. With two of us hosting, could we double the first time maximum to 24 players if co-hosting is allowed? Thanks for your input.

Carole Cadek
01-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Pochadiva, the number of players would still be 12 total.

It is preferable for first time hosts to host their own swaps, until they gain experience as a swap host. As the few co-hosted swaps on the old site had many problems.
Also the member who opens the swap is the only one who can edit the first post to update it.

Pochadiva
01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info Carole. I'll let my swap buddy know.

Art By Camilla
06-05-2011, 05:49 AM
One more thing about addresses. Am I the only one on this site to keep an address book? I get a bit fed up supplying my address over and over and over again to the same people, sometimes just after I have received something from them!
It's not hard. I use forum names to alphabetise, as that's how I think of people anyway, and then have their real names and addresses underneath. Makes life much simpler, but I'm beginning to feel a tad anal!

I always verify the address with the host (or a trader in a 1:1 trade) because they may have moved since I last wrote down their address in my book. Don't mean to be a pain with the PMs; it's just a way of ensuring that the cards get to the correct location.

lemurkat
08-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Can you specify a minimum number of participants in a swap? I'm hosting one at the moment that doesn't seem to be particularly popular, and I would like to say "Swap will only proceed if we get at least four sign-ups". And if you do not get enough by a particular date, can you shut down the swap and organise personal trades with the people that have already made their cards? Or is it once it's up, it's up to stay?

Carole Cadek
08-20-2011, 01:43 AM
That's happened a few times lemurkat, where there wasn't enough interest in a swap.
And yes, it could be closed.
You could put a notation about having a certain number of players before a certain date in order for the swap to proceed. Players maybe wouldn't start their cards until that date?

lemurkat
08-20-2011, 02:04 AM
That's happened a few times lemurkat, where there wasn't enough interest in a swap.
And yes, it could be closed.
You could put a notation about having a certain number of players before a certain date in order for the swap to proceed. Players maybe wouldn't start their cards until that date?

Cool, thanks!

sarat
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
I have hosted 2 swaps now and just realized that the organization of the list of swaps that are open keep changing by who makes a comment in the swap.

I would suggest that the swaps be listed by due date instead. The top one would be the swap closest to the ending date.

I know when I look for open swaps I want to know the date to see if I have time to participate.

Pauline
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
I am thinking about hosting a swap in the new year, but it will be hand drawn and/or painted but I too will need a buddy as although I have been a member for a number of years, am still nervous about hosting. AND I always send an extra card to the host. Have never failed to do this, just a courtesy I feel.

Kaos Ninja9
12-17-2011, 12:02 AM
After you send your contact info to a moderator, do you have to wait for a reply or can you start hosting right away?

tlsexton0913
12-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Kaos, the admin here at AFA are awesome about getting back to people. It took me less than 24 hours to get approved for my first swap. :D

adifferentstory
12-17-2011, 02:47 AM
It depends on when the moderator you send your contact info is online. As soon as I log on I check my pm's so as soon as i've got your pm i'll reply to say you can post your first swap. Once you have posted your swap it will go into moderation so that a mod can check the thread. Normally your swap will be approved within hours. Your details will then be passed on to admin so they can add you to the host forum.

Kaos Ninja9
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
I was just wondering because I sent the message on the 3rd and haven't gotten a reply yet.

trinitysmomma07
02-17-2012, 11:35 PM
this question may have been asked but can you host a swap where the theme you want has been used already but in a different way than you want to do it?

Carole Cadek
02-18-2012, 12:48 AM
No one "owns" a swap theme.
Many of the themes are used over and over again, especially if they are popular.
So, yes you can. :)

goatgoddess
02-22-2012, 11:05 AM
could we update the faq on "how to host with"

about Itrader info - just got a message from a host that I don't get a itrader for sending in cards for a swap just a rep

tlsexton0913
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Does anyone explain to newbies how the iTrader and Rep Points work? No one ever explained it to me and I found it extremely confusing. It took being in a few swaps to finally get it and I was wondering how come someone doesn't send the newbies a quick message to explain how things work. Just an idea!

goatgoddess
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
they do get a welcome letter with hints in it - to read the faqs and stickys and where they are :)

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366

here is the thread though on itrader and reps :)

Carole Cadek
02-22-2012, 03:15 PM
could we update the faq on "how to host with"

about Itrader info - just got a message from a host that I don't get a itrader for sending in cards for a swap just a rep

Point that host to these FAQS:
How Should I Use iTrader? (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=itrader#faq_itrader_how)

First line states:
Host: Person hosting the swap-leaves iTrader for participants

goatgoddess
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
oh I did - I just thought maybe she missed it being new to hosting - she's been a member for a while now - not sure - thanks!

Willowh
03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Something to look forward to! Thanks! :)

sunkissed
06-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Are there any guidelines that a host should follow when setting the deadline for the swap? I saw 3 months was the max, but what's a good minimum?

Evalila
06-04-2012, 06:47 AM
I donīt think there are guidelines for a minimum. There have been several "Quick-Turn-Around" swaps in the past with 4 or 6 weeks until the due date. Players should have enough time to work on their cards (which depends on the technique used) and you should consider mailing times, too. International can take up to 2 weeks. :)

sunkissed
09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm just finishing up my first swap and was wondering how to create a gallery for the swap. I looked (briefly) through the support forums and didn't find anything. I always enjoy looking through the swap gallery and wanted to make one for my players too :)

Carole Cadek
09-06-2012, 10:31 PM
You'll find the links to the Swap gallery templates here-->AFA Swap Gallery Templates (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4059)
There is also a link to that link in a Sticky note at the top of the Hosts Forum (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
:)

sunkissed
09-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Perfect! Knew it must've been around somewhere...I'm just terrible at navigating the forums. Thanks! :)

Yaqui13
04-09-2013, 12:17 PM
OK, so to host a swap, I should first PM any moderator with my info and wait for confirmation, right? Then, post it in open swap forum where someone will proofread it and make corrections.
How can I change the word rookie under my username to anything else?
How do I post a sticky, or should it be submitted? It would have a URL in it.

Carole Cadek
04-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Yaqui, when you have an iTrader rating of 15, you can PM your info in.
Because then you will be eligible to host.

To change your Custom User Title:
Go to Edit Your Details (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile) on your User CP (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/usercp.php)
Scroll down to Custom User Title
Add your title,
Scroll down and click save.

You can't post Sticky Notes. That's something only a Staff member can do.

Yaqui13
04-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Carol. You have been my rock wall for 4 years now! I don't know why I just skimmed over 'title'. Too bad we can't pick up where we left off after a crash; one good thing though, I have a drawer full of FLASHDRIVES! LOL

MsAllison
09-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Okay I have read through this, and I am still a bit confused. I know I am no where near able to host a PAT but I am really interested in them.

So I just have a few question.
Say I was hosting a PAT with 5 groups of 4 players.
How many card do I make?
How many cards do I get in the end?
How many cards does each player make?
How many cards does each player get in the end?
Exactly what would be one my cards and the player's cards?
And, which cards go where?

Sorry if I seem like an idiot. Sometimes I don't process things very well.

Carole Cadek
09-07-2013, 03:34 PM
In A PAT, you make one card for each player in your group.
In a group of 5 player, which includes you, you make 4 cards and receive 4 cards in return.
If you play in 2 groups, then you would make 8 cards, 4 for each group, and receive 8 cards in return.

The PAT host sorts the cards and fills the players return envelope with the cards that were made for them.

MsAllison
09-07-2013, 04:18 PM
So as the host I would pick a theme too? Or would I make one card for everyone?

Carole Cadek
09-07-2013, 06:03 PM
If you are hosting a PAT and decided to play in it, you would join one of the groups and pick a theme. And make cards for the players in the group you joined.
The players in that group would make cards for you in your chosen theme.

Some times PAT hosts don't play in the PAT they are hosting. If this case, the host doesn't make cards.

MsAllison
09-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh! Okay. I think that was the part that was confusing me. Thanks.

Michaela
09-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi! Just finished reading through this thread, good info. I'll be proposing a swap as soon as I've hit my 3 month membership, and I have a question I don't see addressed here.

Is there a recommended strategy for distributing the cards once they're all received? I had assumed placing the participants in groups of 3 and then distributing within the groups, but that won't work if the # of participants isn't divisible by 3 :) Are tips for how to distribute discussed in the Host forum (which i don't have access to yet)? Thanks!

Carole Cadek
09-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Here ia a nice VIDEO Tutorial: Trading out Group ATC swaps (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8746) by Original Youth.

Yes, there are a few threads in the Host forum where hosts have discused how they swap out cards.

Rosa
10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
is there a thread for submitting cards to make a swap gallery? And, I don't have a scanner - only a camera, is it still possible? I'm hosting a swap and the art is incredible and i'd like to share :)

Carole Cadek
10-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Rosa, here is a link to the thread with the templates ;
AFA Swap Gallery Templates (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4059)

And here is a link to a thread in the Host Forum:
Swap Gallery "Angels" (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21377)

Michaela
10-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks, those videos were super helpful :)

Rosa
10-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks so much Carole!

wolfpax3
10-04-2013, 01:42 AM
I started the thread for my first swap, but I don't see it anywhere. Does it have to be approved before I can see it? I sent a PM to you Carole Cadek with the required information. Just worried that I did something wrong. Thanks!

Carole Cadek
10-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Swap threads go into moderation and then are approved, before they show in the forum.
You're good to go now. :D

wolfpax3
10-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Yay! Thanks Carole! :D

Will
11-15-2013, 07:39 PM
How do I put a link to my swap in every email that I send?
I see in others email that they are hosting something, but I dont know how to get it in mine. Cant find it maybe ecause I dont know how it s called( lanquige probem)

Carole Cadek
11-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Will, do you mean putting a link in your signature?

If you do, the directions are in this Sticky note:
HOW TO? - Want to know 'How To?' Check here first! (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970)
click here for the directions-->To Add A Link To Your Signature (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24381&postcount=3)

Will
11-16-2013, 06:30 AM
Yes, I meant a link in sticky notes. I think, I managed. If you see a link, than I did:)
Thanks for your help.

O, I see that it is not a link, because you cant click on it. So I did something wrong. I followed the instructions step by step, but probebly it didn't work. What did I do wrong?

Carole Cadek
11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Will, after you highlight the text, when you clicked on the link icon http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/images/editor/createlink.gif
and the box opens, this is the link that you need to paste in the link box: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27623

When I checked, the link isn't there.
Try it again. :)

Will
11-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I tried to change it, I tried and tried but It didn't work. I also did it al over again, but somehow it won't work. i don't know what I am doing wrong.

Carole Cadek
11-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Will, when I checked the code, the link to your swap isn't there.

Is your wording still highlighted when you paste the link in the box?

Will
11-17-2013, 11:37 AM
I didn't think so. I tried it again and made another link, but this also isnt a real links. I think I am doing something wrong. I picked up the link in the forum where I put the tread. I copied the one in the head it is difficult to explain, because I dont know how you cal it in english. But I think there is what I probebly did wrong.

Carole Cadek
11-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Will, is this what you copied to put in the link box:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27623 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27623)

Carole Cadek
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I took the [ bracket off the front and the ] bracket off the end to show you what the code should look like.

URL="http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27623"]Atc swap: singing in the rain, due date januari 24, 2014[/URL

If you add the [ bracket to the front and the ] to the end, it then looks like this:
Atc swap: singing in the rain, due date januari 24, 2014 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27623)

wolfpax3
11-22-2013, 02:29 AM
My first swap is complete, and returns have been mailed. Am I required to move the swap to a different part of the forum? And if so, how do I do that? Thank you :)

Carole Cadek
11-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi wolfpax, a swap isn't considered completed until the majority of the players have either posted to the thread that they have received their returns or have left an iTrader for you. Once that occurs you can have your swap archived.

Here are the directions:
Sticky: When Your Swap needs to be moved, Please click on the Report Button to have it moved (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22932)

Carole Cadek
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
You should ask the artist for their permission before using their image in your swap thread. :)

blueskysunburn
12-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I've been on hiatus for a while and want to get back into hosting. I didn't see my specific questions directly addressed in this or the FAQ so I just wanted to get some clarification.

1) "All hosts...have a positive iTrader rating of +15. " I see that I need to be an active member again for three months before I host, however, I'm not sure how the iTrader ratings will apply. I obviously have this from the past but do I need to accumulate 15 more?

2) "First Time Hosts are limited to 12 players and a 3 for 3 card swap...New hosts are limited to one swap at a time until they've completed 3 successful swaps." Will I need to follow the guidelines for a new host once the initial requirement(s) have been met or will my past hosting apply?

Carole Cadek
12-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Blueskysunburn, the iTrader that you have accumulated counts, they don't expire.

2. Since you have already fulfilled that requirement, you are considered a full fledged host. :)

blueskysunburn
12-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Awesome. Thanks Carole!

kbhernandez
07-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Hi!

I've set my eyes on hosting a swap since last year, but my schedule wouldn't afford me to start hosting a swap.

I've been away and now I'm back again. I've complied with the +15 itrader points (reading that the points doesn't expire). Though I'm not sure as I've been away. I need to be active for 3 months again. I'd like to know and also about having a swap buddy.

I'm interested in holding a digital atc swap but only for a small group of 12 swap participants or even less for me to start. Looking into around 6 digital swap participants. I've computed costs. Is it ok to ask for $5 to cover for postage and fees for remittance thru paypal as I'm from the Philippines and SASE wouldn't work for me in sending from the Philippines to any part of the world. Paypal remittance will be the only way for me. I wouldn't advice concealed dollar bills with atcs in an envelope.

Please let me know.

I'm also interested in hosting a 2nd generation. It's my very 1st. I was able to join my 1st 2nd generation previously at the time I stopped trading and swapping. And it was fun. I'd like to do the same. So far, I've been collecting and compiling my digital atcs in a mini atc album (now counting to 85 atcs). Looking and pushing to reach 90 atcs to send around the world on a journey for a 2nd generation. I just need 5 more to add to my 85 atc count already set-aside. =)

Please let me know, if it's possible for me and how. I could go first with the 2nd generation and host swaps 1 at a time only. I don't think I'd be able to do 2 to 3 simulataneous digital atc hosting, but it does sounds exciting. =)

Carole Cadek
07-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Hi kbhernandez, activity level is tracked by your posts to the forums.
To see your posts you can go to your Profile page and click Find all posts by kbhernandez (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=27312)
Your last post was on 04-23-2014, 08:51 AM, your returning post was today, as long as you remain actively posting any where on the Site for the next 3 months, you will be eligible to host a swap on October 22, 2014.
You can find the guidelines here:
Swap Hosting FAQ (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=swap_hosting_faq)
As a first time host you are limited to 12 players with a 3:3 exchange.

Most hosts base their mail out cost on what it costs them to mail out to the country of the player.
We do allow hosts to request payment through PayPal. If some some sends you money as a friend, you do not have to pay a fee, neither does the sender.
This might also limit members from playing in your swap, as many do not use/like PayPal.

Any member in good standing can open a second generation trade in the ATC Trades (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56) forum.
But keep in mind that the larger the package, the more expensive it is to mail between players. And they do get lost sometimes..

kbhernandez
07-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi kbhernandez, activity level is tracked by your posts to the forums.
To see your posts you can go to your Profile page and click Find all posts by kbhernandez (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=27312)
Your last post was on 04-23-2014, 08:51 AM, your returning post was today, as long as you remain actively posting any where on the Site for the next 3 months, you will be eligible to host a swap on October 22, 2014.
You can find the guidelines here:
Swap Hosting FAQ (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=swap_hosting_faq)
As a first time host you are limited to 12 players with a 3:3 exchange.

Most hosts base their mail out cost on what it costs them to mail out to the country of the player.
We do allow hosts to request payment through PayPal. If some some sends you money as a friend, you do not have to pay a fee, neither does the sender.
This might also limit members from playing in your swap, as many do not use/like PayPal.

Any member in good standing can open a second generation trade in the ATC Trades (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56) forum.
But keep in mind that the larger the package, the more expensive it is to mail between players. And they do get lost sometimes..

Thank you, Carole! I'll be preparing to host the 2nd generation. My design softwares are temporarily down as of the moment. It's been 2 weeks. Waiting for my computer to be rid of viruses. And will be completing the 90 atcs needed. :wubclub:

wolfpax3
08-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Oops, I hit enter on my swap before completing the description. Can a moderator help me rescue it please?

Carole Cadek
08-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Sending you a PM, wolfpax3 :)

Rina
08-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Hi Carole,

I too have been gone and came back....I hosted three swaps it looks like before...first was 12, second 20, third was 30 participants it looks like...I've been back since the august 1...how long do I have to be on and active before I host again....and is that for anything...like chunkies for example....Thanks.

Carole Cadek
08-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Rina, if you keep actively posting anywhere on the forum, you will be eligible to host again on November 1, 2014.
Since you have already completed your first three probationary swaps, you do have full hosting privileges. :)

nightowl_too
08-13-2014, 06:59 PM
How many posts would be considered actively posting. One a week, one a month??

Carole Cadek
08-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Checking a members posts is the easiest way to see if they have been active on Site, nightowl_too. It would be great if potential hosts would post once a week any where on the forum, but a couple of times a month will do. :)

Rina
08-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Thank you sooo much Carole.

kbhernandez
08-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Hi, everyone!

I've started hosting a 2nd generation, but hadn't yet thought or remember how would the mechanics be on giving itrader rating and rock points for a 2nd generation swap.

Would it be reasonable to give itrader rating to the host and also to the participants whose cards are taken by a participant in the 2nd generation?

Or best to have itrader rating for the host and the previous participant from which the mail came from. Rock points for the participants whose cards are taken or claimed by the other participants?

Kynara
08-19-2014, 12:48 PM
since the host only touched the package when she first got it, I would think that the person who has the package only leaves iTrader for the person who sent it to them...

I don't know that I wouldn't do the rep points... are people only supposed to put in cards that they've made? or cards that are in their collection (made by others) that they no longer want...

Carole Cadek
08-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi kbhernandez, these type of exchanges are also called PARs (Pass A Round).

There is a section in the How Should I Use iTrader? (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/faq.php?faq=itrader#faq_itrader_how) FAQs, that explains how to leave iTrader for these types of exchanges:

- PAR (Pass A Round) - Players leave iTrader for the person who mailed to them. The Host will be entitled to leave a negative iTrader for any player who doesn't pass the PAR on in the allotted time frame.

kbhernandez
10-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi! I'm excited!! I've posted my very 1st Digital ATC Swap under Open ATC Swaps. I'll wait for my ATC Swap to post. I've fulfilled the 3-month requirement upon my return to the forum a number of months ago. ;)

I'm ready and raring to host! :D

Rina
11-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi Carole,

Just want to double check that I'm now good to go as far as hosting a swap again...any type and no limit? also...I don't think my old host buddies are still here...so I need to give my info to someone for contact info of me...should I just ask for another host buddy I believe I saw that thread...Thank you.

Carole Cadek
11-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Looks like you have been active on the forum for the last 3 months, Rina.
Since you have completed your first 3 swaps you can open a no player limit or any type of swap.
You can also start a thread in the Host Forum to find a buddy. :)

Rina
11-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Thank you.

Rina
08-17-2015, 11:27 PM
Hi Carole. I been gone for like 5 months due to a health issue...everything is good now and I'm ready to jump back in to hosting. Do I have to wait again 3 months and be active to host again? Thank you.

Carole Cadek
08-18-2015, 11:49 PM
Yes, Rina you do. Since your returning post was yesterday, as long as you keep actively posting to any forum, you will be eligible to host on 11/17/15.

Rina
08-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Thank you so much.

Carole Cadek
08-20-2015, 10:34 PM
This may help you:
VIDEO Tutorial: Trading out Group ATC swaps (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8746)

heidiwork
12-06-2015, 02:39 PM
I would like to host a swap can you let me know when I'm eligible please? I sent my contact info to LisaB awhile ago but haven't heard back so let me know if I need to send it to someone else instead. Thank you!

Kynara
12-06-2015, 09:05 PM
I would like to host a swap can you let me know when I'm eligible please? I sent my contact info to LisaB awhile ago but haven't heard back so let me know if I need to send it to someone else instead. Thank you!

PMing you...

wolfpax3
01-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Started a new swap last night. Don't see it posted yet. I think I want to move the Due date to March 5th, It is the Sunflower swap. Is that possible? Thanks! :jiggy:

Kynara
01-05-2016, 08:03 AM
Due date changes have to be approved anyways, but the date change should be fine :)

I'll go take a look at your swap to approve it now

wolfpax3
01-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Thank you Kynara! :)

wolfpax3
01-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Just checking back. I don't see it yet. Did I need to do anything else? Thanks :D

Kynara
01-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Sorry, I wasn't able to get back online until this evening. :)

wolfpax3
01-05-2016, 08:00 PM
No worries, thank you! :)

wolfpax3
05-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Added a new mail art swap. This is my first mail art swap, so I'm not sure if I got the format right. If someone could take a peek, it would be much appreciated. :D

Kynara
05-03-2016, 07:45 PM
once you post a swap it goes into moderation until a moderator can look at it to approve it. Don't worry, it won't get approved if the format is wrong ;) I'm looking at it now and will PM you if there is anything missing :wubclub:

wolfpax3
05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
You rock! Thank you! :)

wrenbeau
06-09-2016, 10:05 PM
I sent my personal info to a moderator a few months ago but now I'd like to host my first swap. Do I need to resubmit the info? And also, if I use Google images of say product labels (that have been shared on Pinterest, etc.), as examples for card ideas, do I need permission use them? How do you make thumbnails? I only know how to paste a link but I think a thumbnail of sample images would look more inviting to potential players.

Carole Cadek
06-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Hi wrenbeau, I checked the Host file and your info is not there. Please send your info to me, Kynara or HHC.

This Sticky note HOW TO? - Want to know 'How To?' Check here first! (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970) explains how to do many things like:
To link a picture from your gallery to a thread AND show a thumbnail of the picture in the thread (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48351&postcount=7)
or To Place an Image from your computer into a Post (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24163&postcount=2)

Any time you use another artists images, it is always a good idea to get their permission first.

Kynara
06-10-2016, 12:17 PM
not all members here have a pinterest account. be sure that if you use online examples you're not sharing something that needs an account to see it.

also... there are a lot of copyrighted images shared around on pinterest that shouldn't be shared... be careful what you share/post/etc. :wubclub: copyrighted examples aren't allowed without permission.

Fierce Armadillo
06-23-2016, 05:25 PM
I sent my info to a moderator but I haven't heard back with an "ok, go!"
Am I cleared for takeoff? I don't have a "buddy" yet, and that might be why I haven't heard back...

Carole Cadek
06-23-2016, 11:50 PM
Fierce, the Mod you sent it to may not have been on site since you your info. :)

Fierce Armadillo
06-24-2016, 02:19 AM
Carole, shall I send my info to you?

Carole Cadek
06-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Sure you can send it to me, Fierce :)

Smidgen
08-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi, I think I might have posted this question in the wrong spot. If so I apologize. I just wrote and and tried posting my first swap! It said that a moderator was looking at it.(I think) I didn't know who, or where to find the moderators so I don't know if my swap ever got to anyone or just vanished when I tried to post it as a new thread to open swaps. Could you let me know if someone has it and if so about when will I hear something or if I need to retype it all and send it to someone's email address and how I get that.
Thanks so much for any help,
Smidgen

Kynara
08-15-2016, 09:10 PM
When you post your swap (all hosts, not just new ones), it does go into moderation. However, if a moderator is not available to approve it, it has to wait until one of us is on. This could even take as long as a day. There are only a few of us ;)

I see from the other thread you said you'd send your required personal address info to Carole, she must not have been able to stay online to take care of it. I'm online now, go ahead and PM your info to me and I can get your swap approved.

spineofafish
04-04-2017, 01:34 AM
Many thanks to Kynara for helping me with my first swap, and for the good information provided on this page! Here I go with "Animal Art Inspired by Painter Franz Marc."