Encaustic Art Swap, Due April 1st

Loralou

I have a new address, PM me if sending anything ;)
Media
Swap Due Date - 1st April
Signup/withdraw date - 25th March
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - unlimited
encausticartswap.jpg

This is a swap for encaustic wax art, an unpredictable and colourful experience! If you don't have encaustic art supplies, melted crayons are also acceptable for this swap! I would love to see what people come up with for the crayons. (Be careful with fumes from melted crayons, I have heard they can irritate if got too hot)

Although encaustic art can be very abstract, it would be nice to see some images within the wax but not totally necessary!
I encourage participants to post their creations to the thread as they make so that everyone can see.
I am in England so most of the return postage for me I will cover (for international players). If you are in the UK send a SSAE.
If you are international, a self addressed envie is very helpful to me. If you would like to send me stamps from the USA I would be most grateful as I can then send them to swap hosts of swaps I play in.
Make sure that you have your username on all your cards! (and also your envie)
If you need to withdraw, just let me know. When you are ready to send, PM me for my address. (Please note that I moved house in June so if you are storing an old address for me and are not sure if it is my recent one....please PM me to check!)
OKAY! Who wants to play??

2264658581_0924563f47.jpg
2265427642_1275c6bd2f.jpg
2264658757_5c49239f5a.jpg

A good link
http://www.encaustic.com/
Players:
1. Loralou -
2. Stilatthetop - received!
3. Stacymh - received!
4. stormarela - received!
5. Jetlag - received!
8. j4mi3 - received!
9. ergobeck - received!
10. busybear - received!
11. 3katz - received!
12. Seekingforart - received!
13 Barbcards - received!
15. Vicki Z - Received!
16 Gretchen - now Egod - received!
17. kbutts - received!
19. artblitz
21 nickactally
22. sparklet
23. Sallyann - received!
24. micromummy -received!
25. Marla - received!
26. WendyK -received!
27. flowergurl4eva - checked in
31. alisl - received
32. frog princess - received!
33. therapyartist - received!

Last edited:
I had a PM from someone asking to join and I forget who it was, so post here again and I will add you!

I'm here. I was Gretchen and have changed my name. Egod has to do with my real name as Gretchen did not. I have uploaded four cards for this swap, the first I have ever done. I may do more or different. I don't think we can post to the thread as I just tried unsuccessfully. What a relief to have a site again! I just noticed that I have no i-trader rating. Wonder if that's because I changed my name? My rating was around 65 previously.

Last edited:
Hi everyone...good to be back!

Well, my husband bought me those encaustic art supplies for my birthday that I had been wanting (*clapping with joy*) so I guess I better be brave and have a go at it... Please sign me up!!!

wondering about my iTrader too...I believe I had 28 or so.

This is a no-brainer for me as I've been playing around with melted crayons anyhow! Hope its ok for me to play with only 2 iTrader points, by the way...?

Hi Loralou...I guess you missed my post to join...may I please?

I'm here and looking forward to the swap. I just made my first even encaustic cards today, on the same griddle I use to make pancakes for breakfast (cleaned first of course). I'll post photos soon.

Lora lou

Can I join this one please....I been obsessing about trying this stuff out. I cant believe there is acually a swap with this. Great venue to try out new stuff.:D

Say, Loralou,
I think you had a link on the old site with some directions for making Encaustic Art.
Can you re-post that link?

I am here. For some reason I had the original due date marked as April 10, but no worries, I have changed it on my list. The tutorial was a good help for a newbie like me, btw.

Ok guys I have now got everyone signed up! i will have to repost a tutorial. I will make a new one tonight so as to not have problems with copyright!

Back
Top Bottom