ATCsforALL Forums

ATCsforALL Forums (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mail Art Trades (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   JULY Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7 (http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34229)

nightowl_too 07-01-2017 01:38 AM

JULY Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Deadline to sign up: July 7 (We are now closed to new sign ups. Catch us next month)
Mail out (try to mail by this date): July 22
Deadline: July 31
Open Theme
Open Medium on 5x7 canvas board

New-ish wording is in blue.

This is a quick turnaround paired partner swap! But, since this a monthly activity, you could plan ahead in your mind or even create some canvases up for the future to then chose from. Just a thought.

Rules, rules, everyone likes rules....Players have the 1st thru 7th of the month to come to the thread and say, "I'd like to play". If you participated in the previous month's canvas board trade, you will not be allowed to sign up for this months trade until you have mailed your canvas for the previous month. Once the partners list is posted, there is no withdrawing. In order to participate you must have no negative iTraders in the past 6 months, and no neutral iTrader in the past 3 months.

Partners will be posted on July 7th just after midnight (going into early AM the 8th my time). It’ll be your responsibility to PM your partner for their address. Theme will be up to the artist but I suggest looking at your partners profile to try to avoid themes they don't like.

Due Dates: Your canvas should be received by your assigned partner by July 31st.
I strongly suggest that you PM your partner, or post in this thread, the date that you mail your canvas. That way, any delay from that point on will be considered the fault of the postal service and will not be attributed to you. If something unexpected happens and you are unable to meet this deadline then you must communicate through private message to you partner, explain the delay and arrange a new postal deadline. If your partner does not receive your canvas by the last day of the month and you have not communicated to them your mail out date then you will receive a negative iTrader.

*When you receive your canvas please post a picture here in the thread so we all can admire it.* (this is very important ) But don't post a pic of your canvas until your partner receives it.

The canvas board: Your art must be created on a 5x7 Canvas Art Board. You can find these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Dick Blick, etc. Coat your finished canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to protect it during it's journey. I suggest more than one coat. I personally, for example, use several coats of Golden brand Polymer Varnish with UVLS (UltraViolet Light Stabilizers) or the comparable Liquitex brand.

Mailing: The canvases may be mailed out "Naked" or in an envelope. Some of the canvases have been getting scratched in the mail. Some like the thrill or the economy of mailing their canvas naked and they may still do so. Others who decide they would prefer to mail their canvas in an envelope may do so. That decision will be left to the players. If you are an international player or your partner is an international player it is advisable to send it in an envelope or box.

Postal Costs: In mailing these canvases within the U.S. I have always put $2.45 worth of postage on the envelope and dropped it in a mailbox. To my knowledge my canvases have all arrived successfully with no issues. From my interpretation of the postal rates buried in the info at the U.S. postal services website documents, $2.45 is the proper rate for the weight and shape of these canvases. Be aware that the cost for postage to mail one of these canvases from the U.S. to another country will be higher. Think in the range of $7 up to even $15 depending on the country and even the postal worker that waits on you.

Canvas received by the last day of the month = positive iTrader point.
If you do not receive your canvas by the last day of the month and you have not been notified by your partner of their mail out date or agreed to an alternate mail out date, please leave a negative iTrader point.

And remember, please, leave iTrader points ONLY for your trading partner, not for me the host.

Who's in:

1. OldsLady1992
2. ann_stebbing
3. Neener
4. KPinAK
5. debs913
6. CiCiCreates
7. Synjin
8. RhonaPaints
9. BexMadeMe
10. jo.on.the.go
11. plumhill2001
12. vikinglady

People willing to do a second board (be assigned to two partners) in case of an odd number of participants:

RhonaPaints (thanks RhonaPaints)

The partner pairings:
(r)=canvas received by participant
(m)= participant has indicated in the thread that they have mailed their canvas For the sake of clarity and being mindful of the unexpected, I will only update you with an "m" if you say that you have mailed, but not when you say that you plan to mail (i.e. "I plan to mail tomorrow" etc)

KPinAK (m) - debs913 (r)
vikinglady (r) - Neener (r)
jo.on.the.go (r) - BexMadeMe (r)
OldsLady1992 (r) - ann_stebbing (r)
plumhill2001 (r) - synjin (r)
CiCiCreates (r) - RhonaPaints (r)

nightowl_too 07-01-2017 01:40 AM

I made a few more tweaks to the above this time around

OldsLady1992 07-01-2017 02:02 AM

I'm in!

ann_stebbing 07-01-2017 07:40 AM

Took me a while to find this thread, but here I am and I now have my canvases, so count me in please. I am international so that may impact who is prepared to pay to send to me.

Neener 07-01-2017 07:48 AM

I'm in

KPinAK 07-01-2017 08:37 AM

Please sign me up!

TrinaLD 07-01-2017 08:49 AM

I'll let you know in a couple of days. I have a sort of day off tomorrow (see my last post on the June thread and you'll understand). If not, I'll pop in when I can. Hugs!

debs913 07-01-2017 10:00 AM

Sign me up.

Thanks for the postal costs warning. As long as one knows in advance, it isn't a shock :D

nightowl_too 07-01-2017 08:44 PM

Hello everyone! Welcome back! And welcome new participant ann_stebbing!

I was puttering around on the internet and thought this cold press watercolor ground looks interesting

QOR coldpress watercolor ground video

nightowl_too 07-01-2017 08:47 PM

Trina, you are going to have a lot of stories to tell us about your art adventure!

CiCiCreates 07-01-2017 11:41 PM

Would like to participate again this month please.

synjin 07-02-2017 04:21 AM

Me! Me! Me! I finally caught the thread at the beginning of the month! :D

ann_stebbing 07-02-2017 05:14 AM

Thanks for the link nightowl. I paint better in watercolour. I did try one straight on canvas yesterday. It has it's own unique look but it's not like paper. If I can find this I might try it. I will report back.

RhonaPaints 07-02-2017 06:08 AM

I'd like to play and I'm willing to do 2 if there's an odd number. I'm in Canada but don't mind mailing anywhere internationally.

CiCiCreates 07-02-2017 03:40 PM

Nightowl, as per chats in the June 5x7 swap, if you are noting players who don't mind partnering with international participants, I would be one.

BexMadeMe 07-02-2017 04:11 PM

I've not played for a few months, and would like to play again. I am UK based but happy to mail anywhere.

Seascape131 07-02-2017 04:18 PM

I would like to join

jo.on.the.go 07-02-2017 04:30 PM

Please add me....what with the Challenge Athon and Watercolor Month going on I almost forgot that I need to sign up for this too!

nightowl_too 07-02-2017 04:44 PM

Welcome CiCiCreates and RhonaPaints!

Quote:

Originally Posted by synjin (Post 1908917)
Me! Me! Me! I finally caught the thread at the beginning of the month! :D

Hurray! synjin is back! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann_stebbing (Post 1908925)
Thanks for the link nightowl. I paint better in watercolour. I did try one straight on canvas yesterday. It has it's own unique look but it's not like paper. If I can find this I might try it. I will report back.

Yes, if you end up trying it do let us know how it goes. Would be fiddly and time consuming but worth it if it gives a nice surface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhonaPaints (Post 1908928)
I'd like to play and I'm willing to do 2 if there's an odd number. I'm in Canada but don't mind mailing anywhere internationally.

Thanks for agreeing to do a second if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CiCiCreates (Post 1909087)
Nightowl, as per chats in the June 5x7 swap, if you are noting players who don't mind partnering with international participants, I would be one.

good to know CiCi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BexMadeMe (Post 1909095)
I've not played for a few months, and would like to play again. I am UK based but happy to mail anywhere.

Welcome back!

nightowl_too 07-02-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seascape131 (Post 1909097)
I would like to join

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go (Post 1909102)
Please add me....what with the Challenge Athon and Watercolor Month going on I almost forgot that I need to sign up for this too!

Welcome back Seascape and jo.on.the.go :)