July PAT - Open Theme - due Sept 10, 2022

Haagmm

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date – Saturday, Sept. 10th, 2022
Sign-up Deadline – Sunday, July 31st, 2022
Withdrawal Deadline – None; no withdrawals allowed
Number of Cards – 1 card per person per group (total of 4 cards per group)
Number of Participants – 6 groups of 5 players per group
Theme – Chosen by players

PAT Guidelines/Rules:
1. In order to participate in this PAT, you must:
-Have an established iTrader rating of +15.
-Have received no negatives within the past 6 months.
-Have received no neutrals within the past 3 months.
2. Themes must be chosen within 48 hours of joining the swap.
3. Chosen themes must fall into the stated group category of either “Regular” or “Open.”
“Regular” themes include generic themes that are easy to reference and/or find images for collage (ex. cats, castles, roses, butterflies, etc.).
“Open” themes may be regular or challenging, and includes those that need research and/or are specific (ex. Irish castles, Alice in Wonderland, Medieval beasts, etc.)
4. You may only join up to 2 groups.
5. Each card must be the standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches, including APCs.
6. Each card must be original and unique.
7. You must follow the themes requested by your group participants EXACTLY. Theme is the main focus of a PAT, so no deviations from theme requests are allowed. If a player requests a green cat and a blue one is submitted, it will be returned.
8. Embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight; no bulky embellishments.
9. Cards must have a sturdy background and earn the name “card.”
10. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve.
11. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, your location, group number, and recipient name.

Mailing Guidelines:

1. Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
2. If you tape your cards onto a sturdy background when mailing, please use an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape. I don’t want anyone’s beautiful artwork to be damaged by tape.
3. Please include a large label with your name and address clearly typed or written on it. I will provide envelopes.
4. If you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns if you are in just one group. Include a stamp for an additional ounce if you are in two groups.
5. If you are mailing internationally, please provide either 1 Global U.S. Forever stamp per group or 1 well concealed $1 per group.

Please Note:
I am an on-time hostess! I will not wait for your cards! Do not over-commit yourself. Late cards--regardless of the reason (health, personal tragedy, job demands, etc.)--will result in a neutral iTrader from me, and possibly a neutral or negative iTrader from each of the participants in your group. The only exception to this rule will be if you both show proof of finished cards (shared in the thread or messaged to me privately) AND notify me that they have been mailed (at the same time) at least 4 weeks in advance for international mail, and 10 days in advance for U.S. mail. I apologize if this seems harsh, but I view iTrader simply as a statement of fact, not as any sort of punishment or judgment of the artist.

*When you are ready to mail your cards, please private message me for my address.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me and appropriate theme material is verified.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date.
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required.
*Please make sure to leave an iTrader for your host (me) and for each participant in your group.

To Join This Swap:
You must verify that you have read the above by joining with the statement:
“I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules.”

Who would like to play?

Group 1: HDHP - Regular Themes
1. Terri F - black and rust Mini Dachshund with wings (rec'd cards from Terri F)
2. CiCiCreates - Flamenco Dancer (rec'd cards from CiCiCreates)
3. Ancient Planter - Owls (rec'd cards from Ancient Planter)
4. Monroy28 - Theme -anything from my profile (rec'd cards from Monroy28)
5. Elliejaybird - Theme -anything from my profile (rec'd cards from Elliejaybird)

Group 2: HDHP - Open Themes

1. Terri F - gray haired Snow White (rec'd cards from Terri F)
2. jezebelle - Goat(s) with horns (see post #8 for more details) (cards rec'd from jezebelle)
3. piggles - enchanted / magical forest, artist's interpretation (rec'd cards from piggles)
4. jo.on.the.go - natural landscape of California (rec'd cards from jo.on.the.go)
5. miss - moose (rec'd cards from miss)

Group 3: Collage - Regular Themes
1. AngelJoy - Minion(s) (rec'd cards from AngelJoy)
2. kehlenn - Theme-anything from my profile (cards rec'd from kehlenn)
3. Beckster - House Shaped (rec'd cards from Beckster)
4. Allegrae - Sea Serpents (cards rec'd from Allegrae)
5. Elliejaybird - Theme -anything from my profile (cards rec'd from Elliejaybird)

Group 4: Collage - Open Themes
1. Monroy28 - Theme -anything from my profile (rec'd cards from Monroy28)
2. Allegrae - Clue -the board game, vintage style (cards rec'd from Allegrae)
3. ferretgirl - Little Red Riding Hood (Cards rec'd from ferretgirl)
4. somnia - Fritillary Butterfly(1 or multiple) (cards rec'd from somnia)

5. TSMarie - Medieval Beast(s) (cards rec'd from TSMarie)

Group 5: APC - Regular Themes
1. haagmm - Flower(s) & something (p2 7, p3 7♣, p4 7♠, p5 7) (cards done)
2. AngelJoy - Angel(s) (all players: Aces, any suite) (rec'd cards from AngelJoy)
3. Suzi - Rooster(s) (p1 8, p2 8, p4 8♣, p5 8♠) (rec'd cards from Suzi)
4. Beckster - Dog(s) (p1 5♠, p2 6♠, p3 7♠, p5 8♠) (rec'd cards from Beckster)
5. catladybj - Elvis (p1 J, p2 J, p3 J♣, p4 J♠) * Elvis does not necessarily have to appear on the card, it can be a song or movie, Graceland, anything that when you look at the card you know that it is about Elvis

Group 6: APC - Open Themes
1. haagmm - Vintage Bicycle (p2 K, p3 K♣, p4 K♠, p5 K)
(cards done)
2. Suzi - Cacti or Succulents (p1 J, p3 J, p4 10♣, p5 10♠) (rec'd cards from Suzi)

3. catladybj - Postage Stamps -coordinate subject with 1-2 stamps (p1 10, p2 10, p4 10♣, p5 10♠)
4. fundygirl - dogs (p1 5♣, p2 5, p3 5, p5 5♠) (rec'd cards from fundygirl)
5. smallgirl - woman or women on postage stamp (all players, any queen) prefer not to have duplicates, see Deck 5 on this post for detailed listing (rec'd cards from smallgirl)

Last edited:
I'd love to join and I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules.

Group 3 Minion(s)
Group 5 Angel(s) all aces, please

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules.

Please sign me up for group # 2

My theme is Goat(s) with Horns, details to follow.

Please sign me up for group #2 - enchanted/magical forest, artist’s interpretation.

I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules

Please sign me up for Group #2, natural landscape of California.

My theme is…

Goat(s) with Horns

Any type of goat is welcome - male or female, domestic, wild, imaginary, even anthropomorphic - as long as it has at least one horn

Preference is for a single goat.
But if the muse leads you to a whole herd of goats, a nanny and kid, or some other grouping, by all means follow

Any style is welcome - realistic, surrealistic, mythical, stylized, cartoonish, even abstract if it is somewhat representational

Most any type of theme is welcome - dark and creepy to lighthearted and fun, and anything in between. Cute is fine because goats are cute, but cutesy, not so much.

And lastly, don’t feel constrained by anybody else’s definition of what is art. Do you. If doing you means a single color line drawing on a white background, please, do that!

Groups 5 & 6 for me, please. I will get back to you with my themes.

Group 1 please - Flamenco dancer

I have read and understand the swap rules.

Can I get the (I think?) last spot in group 2?

(“I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules!" :))

Last edited:
Damn, missed Group 2. Please put me in Group 1 then, theme TBD, unless I'm wrong? If so, please put me in both Groups 1 & 2.

Group One please.
A black and rust Mini Dachshund with wings

Group Two
Gray Haired Snow White

Thank you so much for hosting :)

Oh my, your black and rust mini dachshund with wings cards might make me a little teary eyed. We lost Maggie, our mini doxie last summer. She was 15 and we had her since she was about 5 months. :yes: Do you (or did you) have one?

Last edited:
I am going camping Saturday morning thru Sunday evening. I will ;) have access to WIFI and be able to keep the list current. The only thing I won't fill in is the specific suites on the APC groups. I'll only have my phone and I don't know how without an actual keyboard. If the camp has overstated their WIFI availability I will update as soon as we get on the turnpike to head home. No worries, my husband will drive.

Awww...I'm sorry to hear about your lil Doxie Melissa. Yes we have Gabby. We had her since she was 6 months and she turned 6 on the 30th. We love her so much. Sweet, smart, funny and stubborn at times. LOL :)
They are great dogs!

I've had mini doxies since I was 11 (meaning just a couple of decades now :twitcy:). Emma's my 7th at the moment. We also have Watson, who's a 17 year old rescue. Other than being mostly deaf, you'd never know he's as old as he is! The vet said we'll try to get another couple of years out of him. Emma's 7, born one week after Princess Charlotte so she acts like she, too, is a royal princess. Of course, my husband encourages that! She has epilepsy that's controlled by meds. She's a long-haired red & black with a gorgeous mohawk. Watson looks like your little Maggie, Melissa. All my long gone doxies of course have wings, so there are lots in my heart for me to picture and draw from.

Speaking of - I'm a little unsure, TerriF - what do you mean by 'black and rust'? Is it a black & tan like Maggie and Watson, or do you mean like my Emma, who's mother was black & tan and her father was a red (sort of a rust) so she's a mix of those? Does it matter if it's a long-haired or smooth coat?

I'm loving all of the Doxie Chatter. Actually our Miss Gabby is a Black and Tan (yes) Dapple with a mix of silver.
She is a smooth coat. I would prefer a smooth coat. Thanks so much. Gabby and Caitlin. .jpg

This is my Beautiful Daughter and Gabby :)

I hope Gabby lives a long life as well.

Please sign me up for group 3 collage regular themes. My theme is : from my profile. I realize this is a no withdrawal swap and have read the rules.

Back
Top Bottom