Watercolor en plein air HandDrawn/HandPainted Due Aug 5

nightowl_too

arts and crafts supplies junkie
Media
Swap Due Date: August 5
Signup: early enough to get your cards to me in time (I’m in the USA)
Withdrawal: let me know
Number of Cards: 3 for 3, 4 for 4, 5 for 5, or 6 for 6
Number of participants: unlimited. lets have a big one!
Medium: watercolor

Theme: Summer is here and the weather is fine so grab your watercolor pallet and lets go mobile. Painting "en plein air" is a French term meaning painting outdoors. For this swap you will be going outdoors to paint an outdoor subject. Your painting, that you will paint outdoors, will be your representation of that subject. Whether your subject is big, little, near, far or in your back yard is your choice. You may choose to do a landscape, city scape, building or plant. It may be in your backyard, your town, or while you are on a trip or vacation. You may ink your outlines in first then watercolor, or just go straight to the watercolor brush. Either style is fine.

The details
-You will need to send original hand drawn watercolor ATC’s of proper size (2.5” x 3.5”) each in protected in plastic sleeves. HD/HP only with no extra embellishments.

-Include your name, date, swap title, username and any other info you’d like on the back of your cards. (I'm surprised at how many people don't include a date painted)

- the last couple times I hosted a multiple number swap (ie. 3:3, 4:4, 6:6, 9:9 etc) I inadvertently traded out cards meant to be host cards (oops) so, maybe indicate if you are including a host card (although host cards are absolutely not necessary or expected)

-include your return address. Adhesive address label is optional, but not necessary.

-I will provide the return envelopes. Please, do not include a return envelope.

-PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards. (If you already have it, it's still the same)

-generally I try my best to swap effort and skill for similar effort and skill. Again, I do my best as a host. But it is my own interpretation so, you know, it's my own feel for things and not a science.

Postage: US participants, please include one unused forever stamp for up to 4 cards. For more than four cards, include one unused forever stamp and one additional ounce stamp.
International participants, please include either one US dollar, or one unused US global rate postage stamp, or if you don't have that, I will cover your return postage.

***Posting your finished cards to this thread makes it lots of fun and inspiring. We’d all love to see the eye candy, hear your thoughts regarding your cards and your adventures outdoors.***

(r) = cards received by host
(+) = returns received by participant

The lovely participants
1. Photopam (r) (+)
2. Jaxsmom (r) (+)
3. londonont1 (r) (+)
4. Seascape131 (r) (+)
5. ann_stebbing (r) (+)
6. RhonaPaints (r)
7. xela7072 (r) (+)
8. redplantlady (r) (+)
9. JoyceG (r) (+)
10. Amara_starleaf (r) (+)
11. sarat (r) (+)
12. Robin59 (r)
13. vikinglady (r) (+)
14. BigBangMomma (r) (+)
15. Firefly (r)
16. Bibliobibuli (r) (+)

Last edited:
Welcome photopam, jaxmom and londonart! Glad to have you join :) And welcome lurker ann_stebbing!

Can we use watercolour pencils and a water brush or would u prefer just paints?
I'll do 6:6 as got plenary of time and once I get going think I'll like this one lots - I will include a host card too

I think we will stay liquid for this one so no to the pencils (had to give it some thought though since I do love my watercolor pencils - maybe next time)

:cool: Just to make this super cool swap even cooler I will put each participant that submits cards name into a hat (or something similar). At the end of the swap, I will draw a name at random and that person will "win" a little prize (art related). :cool:

HOW. COOL. IS. THAT.​

Now, if you already have more art stuff than you know what to do with and don't want to win anything, post to the thread or PM me that you prefer not to be entered.

Last edited:
Welcome everyone! Happy to have you.

I tried a little practice outdoor painting today. I did a watercolor of the shed in my backyard. Not that pretty of a subject but it was good practice. Weather was so nice it was a joy to be out there. Looks like storms tomorrow though.

Great cards Ann! A nice little peek at your garden

Plumhill, nice to see you. Hope you and all the other lurkers decide to join :D

Back
Top Bottom