Cathy1

Middle Earth Dweller
Media
Swap Due Date: March 10th
Last mailing date: March 1st
Number of Cards: 3
Number of Players: unlimited

MARIE ANTOINETTE​

Even after her death, Marie Antoinette is often considered to be a part of popular culture and a major historical figure, being the subject of several books, films and other forms of media. Some academics and scholars have deemed her frivolous and superficial, and have attributed the start of the French Revolution to her; however, others have claimed that she was treated unjustly and that views of her ought be more sympathetic
(Taken from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Create three cards befitting this intriquing and interesting woman. You can use any media you like except digital. Please no heavy embellishments or really bulky cards as it seems the mail machines just love to chew these up. And no stickers as the focal point of your card.

Now the small print - PLEASE READ

Please do your best work! Everyone wants a card with effort and creativity put into it as a part of their collection.

I will try to swap effort for effort. Sub-standard cards will be sent back.

Mailing and Postage
NOTE the last mailing date for cards. It can take up to 10 days for your cards to reach me and I like to swap out within a couple of days of the swap closing. Late cards will be returned unswapped.
• Include at least your username and swap name on the back of the card, so everyone knows who to give rep points to when your card is received.
• Place each card in a plastic sleeve for mailing. Please write your username and the swap name on the back flap of the envelope.
• Allow yourself enough time to mail your cards by the due date.
• Please send a large return mailing label and a discreetly hidden US$2 for postage. Do not send me stamps - I cannot use them as New Zealand is not a state of the USA LOL. I will take care of the return envelopes. For those of you who do not have access to US$, please PM me for my Paypal details although this does attract fees.

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from! I will leave you iTrader when I receive your cards.

I will also link your name below to your first post in this thread so it makes it very easy for everyone to leave rep points in this swap. No more hunting through the thread when you receive your cards. You just click on the name and ...voila....you are in the right place

An extra ATC is certainly appreciated and cherished and will take pride of place in my hostess collection, but it is not a not mandatory requirement to joining my swap.

CHECK LIST BEFORE YOU SEAL YOUR ENVELOPE :
Check to see if you have put in your address return label
Your Postage to cover returns
Your cards...
Ok then seal the envelope..

So who wants to play

0. Cathy 1
1. Flea Market Diva received
2. Evalila received
3. Alanabannana received
4, Cee=Emm received
5. Cynthia Sillitoe received
6. Babynavyblue received
7. Ginevra
8. Sophies Mom received
9. Pikkis received
10.LittleLila received
11.Lindalaelm received
12.Lodiprincess received
13.Hazardgal withdrawn
14 Artsylola withdrawn
15.Mikesatcsreceived
16 Elena received
17 Nikkiarts withdrawn
18 Rogue Girl withdrawn
19 HiddenTreasure2010 received
20 Moonrose442 received
21 ACWoodall received

Last edited:
Evalila and Alana - I have added you both. you will see that I am linking your names in my first post so that when it come to leaving rep at the end of the swap it will be very easy to find your swap partners. :D

bad only just begins to describe it!!
okay, I am in, adore all the lace and froth that goes with Marie.. one of her dresses alone would make me at least 2 lovely quilts now!

Cynthia - Happy New Year and great to see you here
BabyNavyBlue- yes I am sure I was so it is great you still love the theme. I think there is more Maries in my gallery than anything else and it is still the card I have requests for. :D

Great Cee-Emm, knew you would weaken. When are where are you going on your big trip??

I am flying out of Adelaide on the 3rd of March, and return home on the 6th April.
I am off to Great Britain to explore the real places my Mums ancestors lived in.
I have researched them for about 30 years now, and have some branches back to 1730..
A week in London, then the big tour starts..includes Cornwall, Wales, Ireland and Scotland! I am travelling on my own, so it is a huge adventure for a middle aged lady :err::D
Have got an Eee-pad so I can Skype DH, and keep track of the rest of the world too!

I don't lay any claim to royalty in my family tree, :laugh: but do have a fascination for Marie Antoinette.

Welcome to Ginevra, great you love marie as much as the rest of us.

Timeinmyhands: If you can squeeze iin sone cards just let me know :D

Cee-emm - what an adventure - It is something I have always wanted to do - visit places my ancestors came from - probably never do it now but the passion is still there. Travelling on your own is brave but you will have a fantastic time and with SKYPE it is easy to stay in touch with loved ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom