Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: G-15 CJ - Fuzzy Felters: The Adventure Takes a Detour

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure how to get shoes on a fish but hats and boas will work <lol>

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see some of these fishies.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know, they will be creative for sure!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    susietex, Thanks for clearing up the Designer Fish theme. I was going to use fish as part of an accessory or clothing or hat, etc....still thinking about this one. It's going to be fun.
    There cannot be a crisis next week, my schedule is already full. --Henry A. Kissinger

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I like to set a challenge, notice I didn't make a sample page to show you though!!! LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susie -- did you go to the UK ArtFest???

I just answered this myself by going to the People,Places,Things gallery. I saw you in a picture. Tell me about the felting workshop -- who taught it?
    Last edited by NYJunkie; 06-16-2009 at 08:34 AM.
    There cannot be a crisis next week, my schedule is already full. --Henry A. Kissinger

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi NYJ, Coudrouy Cat, did the felting (I think). I took along all the felted journal pages from our swaps to put on the show and tell table, well they quick dissapeared off onto the workshop table! LOL.

I did see some of the demo, they were hand needlefelting, I did say it would be faster if they all had an embellisher, you know me always willing with a helpful suggestion!!!!! LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susie -- Thanks for the info on the UK ArtFest. You must have taken a ton of things -- AND still found room for our felted pages. I'm sure you got lots of inspiration and it will show in your future pieces. I saw the picture in the Gallery where the demo showed using ONE NEEDLE to felt!!! Oh how I love my embellishing machine -- it's so much quicker.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried a new felting technique, new for me at least. I put water soluable film in a embroidery hoop and felted into it, then boiled the film off. It did give quite a bit more control. I just did a small practice piece (a heart for GG) but it worked nicely.(except the silk hankie I used for accent changed color and is almost invisible..silk doesn't like high temperatures!) Anyone else tried this before? I am working on GG's hearts...started off in one direction and as usual taking off in another. My original design was a grid with several hearts, then yesterday I was playing with my felter and some fabric pieces , liked the way it turned out and am now adding hearts. NYJ, I usually start out with a sketch, like you do (this time mine was a simple grid) but am always fascinated with the changes that happen in the process.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ohhhh cool - haven't tried it but sounds very interesting. off to google new tech..........

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Val -- thanks so much for letting us know about the embroidery/felting technique. It sounds like something I MUST try.

Yikes -- it's getting near the end of June -- so I must get to work. I'm hoping to felt this weekend and maybe I'll even get started on several other pages.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finished my page for GG. Here it is...there are three quotes hidden underneath all of the hearts and stuff. It was fun once I got started, it is my first "chunky" anything!!! The little heart on the right was the one felted with the water soluable film.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is a wonderful page!!!

I have pippins page felted - I printed a picture then felted over parts of it - really liking how it turned out but I need to finish it off tonight - have to be careful with how many times you poke a area though I nearly had a one eyed cat <G>
    even hubby was impressed and he usually isn't <G>

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Val -- great page. I can't make out the quotes -- but I know they are only meant for GG. Terrific use of mixed media -- and I really like the hanging button.

GG -- I can hardly wait to see your page. It sounds terrific -- especially since it impressed your husband.

Monarch -- I'm going to finish your page this weekend -- maybe sooner and will get a picture on the thread.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The quotes are:
    "Wherever you go, go with all your heart"
    "Only do what your heart tells you."
    "You change your life by changing your heart"
    I decided that since these are journals I might find a way to add some words!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    love those qoutes Val - very cool

here is pippins - sending out today - printed out a pic of the kitty on cotton - then felted the page leaving some unfelted - added ribbons and buttons.

Last edited by goatgoddess; 07-01-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful Kitty...great work G.G.!!!
    GG yours hit the mail today.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goatgoddess View Post
    love those qoutes Val - very cool

here is pippins - sending out today - printed out a pic of the kitty on cotton - then felted the page leaving some unfelted - added ribbons and buttons.

Oh Emily Louise will be SO pleased and honoured to be imortalised in felt!! That is just adorable GG! Thank you thank you

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished susie's page but the scan is so dark........alot brighter in person.........

the fish has an earring and a necklace...I was thinking of putting a hat or something on her but her eyelashs got in the way....

I sure hope you like this susie and that my interpretation was correct.......
    Last edited by monarch; 11-12-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Val - I got your beautiful hearts! thanks so much - it's beautiful!!!