Crow and Ravens ATC swap - Due Feb 18

And that brought up another question. What is tinted water based varnish? Do you tint it yourself? Is it about the same as tinted acrylic medium would be? I see someone in Maine received their cards already! You'd think one state over would be quicker. I hope mine come tomorrow.

Yes I do tint it - I use papercups and try not to make up too much at a time - I just buy the water based varnish at hobby lobby and use those reinkers for color (found in the rubberstamp area) (use the 40% coupon so the $$ don't hurt but they do last a long time) Alcohol inks work too - Paint tends to not give me the color I want and gets thick.

Varnish is thinner but yes it's kinda of the same - I also like the bubbles that you sometimes get in the varnish.

you would think that they would be there -hopefully tomorrow!

Received awesome cards from Marla412, lemay, and Ripley42369. Thank you all for such great cards and thank you to our host, goatgoddess.

Good afternoon all.
I received great cards from: Ztern, Chronata, lori, maxie23, woodfork and Elena....thank you all.....off to find you and leave your pts...
Thanks GoatGoddess for keeping all of this together....great job!
Annette

Thanks for the information on the varnish. The crows reached me today. This is the best swap ever. I love everyone I got: Amyfaery, Wigbag, Natasha, KaHeD, Marlien, and Irma. I notice that I've never swapped with any of these artists before. I hope I can swap with you again. Lovely work--much too nice to put away in my notebook. I have to do a display! I'm off to give rep points--wish I could give i-trader to everyone. Excellent swap, Goatgoddess. Thank you for getting them out so fast.

Last edited:
I received my wonderful cards today, from: terryart, ztern, Ria, Elena, Marlien, and Chatty. I did itrader for goatgoddess, and rep point for Chatty. However, the others are not on this thread, so I can't do rep points. Instead, I PM'd everyone except ztern who does not appear to be on this site at all. I used the email address on the back of her card to send a thank you and gave her the web address of our new site, in case she has lost us!

Thank you, goatgoddess, for keeping track of everything!

For people not on this thread, you can go to the membership list, find them, go to their
profile, and go to any thread that they have been on from there. I couldn't find ztern either.

Goat Goddess, your cards sound amazing! Sorry I didn't get one, but I love the ones I got! Thanks to Ztern, terryart, and Pallascat for beautiful cards! I am trying to find you to leave rep points but will e-mail if I cannot find you here yet....

Received great cards today from lori.rn, PallasCat, Wulfcwen, Marlien and Ripley42369 ~ thanks to all. And special thanks to goatgoddess for hosting this swap despite everything!!

I received my cards also from elena, Marla412, Irma, betsey spencer, wigbag and lori.rn. They are all fantastic! Thanks for hosting goatgoddess. :)

Help! I have three amazing cards in my hand, but no way to leave rep points since none of artists have posted on the new site thread.
I received cards from: cindy, Pallascat, and Rob (?). How do I leave points for them???

Shelly at the top of the page there is a link for members list and you can find them that way - by clicking on the members name, then find click "all posts" then when you get to a posting of theirs leave the rep point there - once all these old swaps cycle out it will get easier to leave rep points.

I received my wonderful cards yesterday and will post my thank you's tonight when I'm at my home base computer and can really comment on the details! Thanks goatgoddess for a wonderful swap! I was a little confused because I thought I started on another site and it turned out I did! I was trying to figure out how to let you know my cards were sent and I got my returns!!!

Pallascat aka Susan Storm

I received my cards, I want to thank goatgoddess for hosting such a fun swap. I received cards from: 2 from wudwooda, Chronata, KaHeD, lori.rn and glaxona all the cards are very nice I loved them thank you all so much. I was able to leave rep points for all but glaxona I did not find her listed as a member. I did manage though to send her a private email.

Some of the most fabulous returns I've received in the mail! Thanks for making my Friday night exciting!

I received "Staring Raven" from breegeek, a beautiful gold embossed card with a tiny metal feather from Irma and "In the Distance" from Animalchatter. (Karen, are you over at Swap-bot under that name, too?)

Love 'em all, and they are such pleasing additions to my collection.

Thanks for hosting this one, goatgoddess!

Back
Top Bottom