Media
Swap due date: August 18 (IN MY HANDS)
Number of cards: 4 for 4 OR 8 for 8
Number of participants: 40
NO WITHDRAWLS once theme is chosen

Welcome to the JUNE PAT!
JUNE PAT Swap – Due IN MY HANDS August 18, 2009
Sign-up deadline--July 31, 2009

You must have an established trader rating of +15 in order to join this swap with no negatives in the last 6 months
Please read ALL instructions and ask questions BEFORE signing up
Thanks to all the wonderful PAT hosts who’ve come before me for the wording/organization

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sign up for 1 or 2 groups and choose a theme for each one. Please chose theme within 3 days of joining.
2. Do not over commit yourself. You may not withdraw once signed up as some players start their PAT cards immediately. I will leave negative feedback for any no shows.
3. Make a card for each of the members in your group in their chosen theme; you will receive 4 cards of your chosen theme in return.
4. Make sure that your AFA user name, card recipient, and the group number are listed on the back of each card.
5. Please keep your cards as flat as possible – using bulky embellishments like buttons or brads raises postage costs and causes cards to get caught and torn in postal machines. Do not use copyrighted images printed off the internet.
6. Make sure cards follow basic ATC guidelines and all components attached securely. Cards that are falling apart or sub-par submissions will be returned to player to re-do.
7. Send cards in plastic sleeves for protection.
8. Since this is a PAT swap, leave an iTrader for all members in your group and host. I will leave feedback as cards arrive.
9. Have fun! Feel free to post your art to the group so we can all ooh and ahh over them!

FYI: I will leave a negative for any player who does not send cards for this swap. It’s not fair to the other players in the group - please respect your fellow artists. Send cards you're proud of and on-time. Please see [this post on trader ratings] for more explanation.

MAILING
-US players please include business sized SASE with .59 postage. Add another .17 if you’re in 2 groups. Please do not send bubble envelopes for your returns. I suggest you mail no later than July 20th.
-International players please include large address label. I will cover your postage, although if you can send US or postage from your own country it’s much appreciated! Allow at least 2 weeks mailing time, I suggest you get your cards in the mail no later than July 15th (or earlier if it usually takes longer for your mail to reach the US).

PAT THEME EXAMPLES
• Easy – Generic themes where it is easy to think up a card, find a reference or image. Examples of easy themes include: fairies, cats, dogs, marine life, flowers, mermaids, colors, windows, etc.
• Regular – Regular themes require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc.
• Difficult/Challenging – Challenging themes are themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort.

Group 1 - EASY Themes (fabric with Mixed Media elements)
Note: These do not need to be made of fabric, just have fabric elements

1. Gerry--farmyard animals arrived
2. Beckster--vintage arrived
3. xstitcher--purple flowers arrived
4. NancyL--readers( anyone with a book) arrived

FULL Group 2 - EASY Themes (Hand Drawn and/or Painted) FULL

1. theweavershand--hippos (any and all hippos welcome...i'll be thrilled with any interpretation and just look forward to the variety and seeing what everyone comes up with.)--arrived
2. goodmorningstarshine--cute male gnomes (with pointy red hats!) arrived
3. Rina--Mermaids(any kind, realistic, whimsy, scary, nudes, funny don't matter) arrived
4. lemurcat--waterfowl and waders (Waterfowl = ducks, geese, coots, swans. Waders = egrets, storks, flamingos etc)--arrived
5. ceejay--potted plantsRECEIVED

FULL Group 3 - EASY Themes--Collage FULL
1. Tamrantula--Zebras Done!
2. HHC--Sunflowers arrived
3. theweavershand--hippos (any and all hippos welcome...i'll be thrilled with any interpretation and just look forward to the variety and seeing what everyone comes up with.)--arrived
4. Gerry--farmyard animalsarrived
5. neca84--cats--arrived

FULLGroup 4 - REGULAR Themes (Collage or Mixed Media using beeswax, melted crayons, encaustic, metal tape, transparency, gesso, or other technique with added depth)FULL

1. Tamrantula--Vintage, wings and crowns Done!
2. goodmorningstarshine--cute male gnomes (with pointy red hats!) arrived
3. HHC--Sunflowers arrived
4. mrubyjean--Elephants arrived
5. Bubblecup--pink poodles arrived

FULL Group 5 –REGULAR (Hand Drawn and/or Painted) Full

1. hokeycokey--Whimsical MermaidsRECEIVED
2. kristinized--Any Alice in Wonderland character
3. Lynnelise--Castles arrived
4. Bubblecup--Canada Geese arrived
5. tmfmom--ManateesRECEIVED

FULLGroup 6 --REGULAR (Collage)FULL

1. Nancy--Houses arrived
2. RoOskie--birds arrived
3. Elena--Eiffel TowerArrived
4. Miss--vintage photographs of peoplearrived
5. NancyL--readers( anyone with a book) arrived

FULLGroup 7 – CHALLENGING (Hand Drawn and/or Painted)FULL

1. Juany--a portrait or figure of Edith Gonzalez ,she is a mexican actress--arrived
2. Rina--art/or in the style of Margaret Keane arrived
3. EdensRainbow--Pre-Raphealite style arrived
4. Lynelise--Don Li-Leger style arrived
5. Xraypinky--Pierrot/Harlequin/French style clowns--arrived

Group 8 –CHALLENGING (Open...Collage, Mixed Media, Fabric, Handrawn/painted, etc)

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm doing this...it's a horrible idea, as I'm about to move, but...I can't pass up a pat. It means more gnomes.

Please sign me up for groups 2 and 4 for cute male gnomes (with red pointy hats!)

Can I have a spot in group 2 my theme Mermaids(any kind, realistic, whimsy, scary, nudes, funny don't matter) and a spot in group 7 I'll be back with my theme for that one. Thanks!

Ok--I am not ignoring all...just got home from a long night at work, MD appt, and some shopping....been up 24 hours! I got time for a 3 hr nap before taking the kids to the Y for their swim classes...then home for a nap before work! I will catch up on everything tonight at work!

Thanks for your patience!

Back
Top Bottom