Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: #7 Look - itīs the lucky seven Japanese Moleskine Exchange!(full)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#7 Look - itīs the lucky seven Japanese Moleskine Exchange!(full)

WE ARE FULL!!!

I have been eying these Japanese Moleskine exchanges, but first I didnīt find a Moleskine, and then they were full. A real woman takes matter into her own hands, so here it is - THE LUCKY 7 MOLESKINE EXCHANGE! Please join, and join soon - these things usually fill up pretty fast. 10 players, open theme, first mail date September 1st.

# You Promise that you will see this through to the end – no flaking allowed!
    # You must be an actively trading member (defined as: positive iTrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    # You must have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    # You have an iTrader rating of 25+
    # You are willing and able to do your very best work
    # you will mail on time – the 1st of each month.

This swap requires a huge amount of your time – there will be no withdrawls once you are accepted into the circle. Be very sure you are ready to take this on both in time and money – you will be looking at a 10 month commitment. You have to let us know if youīre going to be away, so we can work around that.

This is how we do it:

Purchase your Japanese moleys, they are appox. 3.5”x5.5” and fold out like an accordion. Pick out a theme - fill out and decorate the first non-accordion pages with your name, address, and travel plan (which will be posted after signups close). You may decorate the cover or not. Then, the first 3 pages are all yours - this is a good time to establish your theme and color scheme – this will give your fellow artist a better sense of your theme, if any. The owner of the Moleskine decides whether the contributions of the other artists to her Moleskine should follow a certain theme or not. Some people like a little "bio" of each artist (and a photo, if possible) on the backside of their entry, but it's totally up to each book owner.

You will create a three page layout in each journal you receive. Each artist will draw, make a collage, paint, or use whatever media (this will be open media, but if you want a media in particular in your book, say so when stating your theme). After finishing an entry the Moleskine will be send to the next person. Each artist gets one month to make an entry. Please do only your very best work.

* Mailing must be done with either the priority flat rate envelope or small box with delivery confirmation for the US participants. International participants should use their equivalent! Donīt use surface mail, since it can take up to 8 weeks. Please protect your moley with a bubble envelope/bubble wrap and plastic bag!
    * PM your recipient before mailing to make sure they're ready to receive the moley and don't already have one. We need to try to keep one moley per person as much as possible!
    * I will keep a master list of all participants' mailing addresses, email addresses, and other contact information throughout this whole thing, just in case
    !

In this thread we can give each other updates of the well-being of the visiting Moleskine, if there is a delay, etc., etc.. We do have to post when we mail a Moleskine and when we receive one. We don't post pictures of our work unless the Moleskine arrived at the next artist … it'll be a surprise for all of us, including the following artist.

One last thing...there is a pouch at the back of the Moleskine that we could put little things in if we wanted...perhaps an ATC in your own theme or an ATC that represents your art or style, some ephemera... a nice little present for the Moleskine owner!

And most important: letīs have lots of fun with our moleys!
    So, if youīve read through all the rules and still want to do this, donīt hesitate, join - either via PM or in the thread.

Participants and themes:

1. malinmaskros - petite dolls/pretty girls ā la Suzi Blu - mixed media
    2. kristib - open theme - open media
    3. goatgoddess - Autumn Colors - mixed media
    4. knesi07 - favorite fairy tale, no repeats! - open media
    5. Bright-Spark - "My favourite things" (ie the artistīs favourites), lots of colour, some words would be nice too - open media
    6. Rina - Spongebob Squarepants - mixed media
    7. Bex - the moon (and anything associated with the moon) - mixed media
    8. HHC - "In The Garden"... thinking flowers, birds, butterflies, bees, gnomes, fairies... - open media
    9. nowzem - girls and their animal friends - open media
    10. Penlowe - doors and windows - open media

Travel plan:

1. malinmaskros - knesi07 - nowzem - HHC - goatgoddess - kristib - Penlowe - Rina - Bright-Spark - Bex - back home
    2. kristib - goatgoddess - Bex - nowzem - knesi07 - malinmaskros - HHC - Penlowe- Rina - Bright-Spark - back home
    3. goatgoddess - kristib - malinmaskros - Penlowe - Rina - Bex - Bright-Spark - nowzem - knesi07 - HHC - back home
    4. knesi07 - Rina - Bright-Spark - Bex - nowzem -HHC - kristib - goatgoddess - malinmaskros - Penlowe - back home
    5. Bright-Spark - nowzem - Penlowe - Rina - HHC - knesi07 - Bex - malinmaskros - kristib - goatgoddess - back home
    6. Rina - Penlowe - goatgoddess - kristib - Bex - Bright-Spark - malinmaskros - knesi07 - HHC - nowzem
    7. Bex - malinmaskros - HHC - knesi07 - Bright-Spark - nowzem - goatgoddess - kristib - Penlowe - Rina - back home
    8. HHC - Bex - kristib - goatgoddess - Penlowe - Rina - knesi07 - Bright-Spark - nowzem - malinmaskros
    9. nowzem - HHC - knesi07 - Bright-Spark - malinmaskros - Penlowe - Rina - Bex - goatgoddess - kristib
    10. Penlowe - Bright-Spark - Rina - malinmaskros - kristib - goatgoddess - nowzem - HHC - Bex - knesi07 - back home
    in possession - on the way to

I tried to mix up the travel routes, so that you donīt always do the books in the same order, but I can see that I didnīt completely succeed...
    Last edited by malinmaskros; 08-20-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, itīs up!

Ok, Of course I have to be in it, I want my moleskine filled with petite dolls and pretty girls - pretty, girlie Suzi Blu style, and lots and lots of mixed media. Layers! Unfortunately I donīt think beeswax will work - with all of the folding, but it wouldīve been nice...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to join! I'd like to leave it up to each member of the group what they would like to do. So my theme is open and up to each artist. I love collage, painting, drawing and the combination of all three.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome, Kristi!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

?

Thanks for hosting the swap? Am I missing something with the bump? I'm not understanding.

Kristi

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    just bumping up the thread so it's more people will notice it.

I've got time for one more - so please sign me up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you, goatgoddess! Welcome! Let me know when youīve decided on your theme!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    malin...i want in! i pm'd you! so excited...i <3 moleys!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    :gets out iTrader measuring stick:
    :stands on tippy toes:
    :sigh:
    I'm afraid I'm not big enough yet. I just hope some new groups are forming when I qualify.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Knesi! Yay!

Are you waiting for many swaps and trades, Penlowe? Itīs over a month until shipping time, and if you think you are closer to 25 by then, I can put you on the list as stand by.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 4 items on my desk ready to mail out, so yeah I'll likely be at the bare minimum but I can't guarantee it. Back-up list would be awesome If I get a book started and don't wind up in this one I can save it for the next.

Doesn't the chance of someone picking a theme totally alien to your experience scare you? Not so much technique but the actual themes make me nervous.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then I put you on the list - if you wonīt make iTrader in time, Iīll remove you. But it sounds like youīll be able to play with us!

Yes, sometimes the themes scare the crap out of me (especially when I did the Favourite artist PAT - totally intimidating!), but somehow Iīve worked it out in the end. And those scary themes really help you grow as an artist.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have time for this one, but I will follow the thread! Have fun all!!!!
    My blog is at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/
    Make an ATC show!!! (Third part)See my blog at http://princessemerlin.blogspot.com/...dartistes.html

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe nest time, Hélčne!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok
    I need to find a Japanese Moleskine locally, if I try to order online I'll add waaaaayyyy too much extra to that bill...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking about this... will be back.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at book stores and art shops!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope to see you again, HHC!

Rina is offline "I'm not an artist...I just play one on ATCs for all!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm kinda of rethinking about this...I check out the Japanese moleskins...have a few questions so each person in the group is gonna do a page in my book by the time this is over and that is front and back of page? in my theme?

Rina

Rina is offline "I'm not an artist...I just play one on ATCs for all!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and is there somewhere I can see examples of one of these swaps...you know pics???lol