Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: #7 Look - itīs the lucky seven Japanese Moleskine Exchange!(full)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iīm happy to see you here, re-thinking things!

We all do three pages in each others books, front pages. If you want the backs decorated in any way in your book, then you say so. You can make it a bio of the artist, a photo, maybe a self portrait, whatever you like. Since the Japanese Moleskines have accordion pages, you donīt really see the backs, itīll be one long page if you fold it out.

If you go to the book journals forum page, and look at the treads, you can see a little paperclip in the end of each headline. If you click the paperclip, you get a list of all of the attached photos in the thread. Lots of beautiful Japanese molies there!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been watching this thread since I have often coveted the moleskine journal pages I have spotted in the gallery, and have long wanted to join in.

Then you post, and I dither, and dither, and dither.

I tried to buy a journal today with no success, but I know I can get one from Amazon, so that is no excuse.

And I know, even though other participants themes are not always to your liking, it does push you, as I found with the circle journals I have done.....

So, after all that, can I please join?

I will have a good think about a theme, and get back to you ASAP.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you click the paperclip, you get a list of all of the attached photos in the thread.
    I did not know that! Now I'm going to spend all night looking at all of them

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too have been watching this thread for awhile...I've never worked in a Japanese Moley so I'm kinda chicken...I know, I know, step out of the comfort zone...try something new...yadda, yadda, yadda... I'm still lurking and contemplating...

Rina is offline "I'm not an artist...I just play one on ATCs for all!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol...I didn't know either....I briefly look thru some but now I want to play...(me think)...few more questions thou

Malin

so when should I have my moleskin by? by sept correct?

what would be the best shipping to pick when sending international?

you say we decorate three pages(front side) in each other's books...so I take it that means three fold out long ways pages?

sorry for all the questions....just want to make sure got this right....I'm really trying to come up with a theme now...well at least a name for it...I want a book of mermaids, fairies, witches, pretty girls, gothic girls, goddesses.....all good or bad, creepy or cute..alittle of each!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    one more thing Malin....is there a time limit to get the pages done for whoever book you have....I'm alittle concern because it looks like this will be going on thru the holidays and I work retail...so that's gonna mean long and crazy hours...I was planning on taking a break for sure from atc swaps during that time...but I think this mokeskin exchange would be perfect for still getting my art fix in!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe each person has each book for about a month, that's why it's such a big commitment. Ten people/ books = ten months. Although it is up to each group leader to set the dates, so perhaps we could bat our eyelashes and ask for an extended period in December? Practically every major religion has some kind of holiday in December (Ramadan floats, but sometimes it's as late as December), and most non-religious folks vacation & party over that month. For me it's super busy because both my oldests daughter's birthday and my wedding anniversary are also December, and dad's birthday is January 1.

I worked retail from age 17 until I was 33, I know how it is I actually liked the hustle of holidays over those long boring summer days where all I did was fold things over & over. Yeah, I'm weird, I liked working retail. If it paid better I'd probably be doing it still.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, first - welcome, Bright-Spark! Iīm happy you decided to join! And of course you too, Rina! Your theme sounds great, all we need is a name! Maybe something in the line of Enchanted Ladies, but Iīm sure someone will come up with something better. Ideas, please!

Lurk away, Mad Catter!

Then, questions:

The first mail-by date is September 1st, so you should have your Moleskine before that, so you can write in your travel plan, do your first pages, perhaps decorate the covers...

The three first fold-out pages are all yours (thereīs first one page, the one with yor contact info, that doesnīt count as a fold-out page, itīs the three after that one, but if you include it, youīll have four pages to decorate - it makes sense when you have the book in your hands) to paint in your theme - take the opportunity to establish your theme here.

Then you do three fold-out pages in everyoneīs books, again, you know exactly what I mean when you see the book.

You should send international by airmail - by surface it takes too long, up to two months, sometimes longer. If you send it in a padded envelope, it shouldnīt cost that much (only for me...), the books are small.

Yes, we send the book in time for the 1st each month, and yes - I can be kind to you all in December, and give you some more time with your books. Iīm not impossible!

Also, I mentioned it in the first post - it would be nice to put a little present for the book owners in the back pocket, nothing big, maybe an ATC, some ephemera, nice paper scraps... something you think would make them happy.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS MALIN for answering the questions!!! Little intimidated with others themes and what to do but excited about this.

I'm gonna order my book by the end of the week so I can get it in and get started on my pages.

Please add mixed media to mine as well(if you have room-LOL)

Still thinking about title...so anyone else if you have suggestions for a title for my theme please share.....and if I pick it...I'll make sure your book gets an extra treat from me!!!!
    (see how hard up I am for a title....I'm not creative enough to come up with my own)

Malin I got you down for Enchanted Ladies
    Last edited by Rina; 07-15-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: fix

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thereīs always room for mixed media! I hope you get your book fast!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Malin, can you add mixed media to my theme, forgot I should have said so.
    Becky Boop

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, it scares me a little, but I'd like to join. I'm still debating on my theme and will let you know.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I'm thinking for a title for my book it will simply be

Sugar n Spice n Fantasy

I look up Fantasy art and it has alot of that mermaids, dark stuff, etc that I like also.

whatta ya all think?

gonna check out my local bookstores tomorrow if they don't have the moleskin than I will be ordering one come Friday.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered my book from Amazon and it was dispatched yesterday.

But, I am having difficulty on a theme..... I know it will come to me, but at the moment there are a lot of ideas whizzing round in my head, and I can't come to a landing on one!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, HHC!

Iīll add mixed media to you, Bex!

And youīll get your theme, Rina!

For those of you who havenīt decided on a theme yet, itīs ok, take your time - we still have more than a month before we have to send our books!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I have a preference for hand drawn or painted work, including collaged drawn/painted which is good. Am I being too picky - would anyone mind if I asked for that?????
    Becky Boop

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can never be too picky - itīs your book, and I want you to be happy with it! Take a look at the first post, and see if I got it right!
    Last edited by malinmaskros; 07-16-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iīve done the travel plan/address spread in my book:

Attachment 29582

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Actually I have a preference for hand drawn or painted work, including collaged drawn/painted which is good. Am I being too picky - would anyone mind if I asked for that?????
    Well, I'm not a great hand drawer at all... if you're okay with that.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    No probs, will go back to mixed media!
    Becky Boop