ATC Guru
Media
Signup date - March 21st
Withdraw date - April 4th
Swap Due Date - April 4th
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of participants -Unlimited

This swap is all about beeswax collages!​

For those of you not familiar with using beeswax in collage some great tutorials can be found here:

Beexwax Collage by Marilyn Rock
Beeswax Collage Techniques from HGTV

You can purchase blocks of beeswax in the candle section of Michaels, Joann's and Hobby Lobby. It's usually between $13-16.00 for a HUGE block of it. It will come in either "bleached" (which will be white and will be fairly clear over card) or "natural" (which will be yellow and will leave a yellow cast over the card). Which you use is completely user preference!

A wonderful gallery of beeswax collages can be found here:

Artful Adventures

Creating Cards - All cards are welcome granted the guidelines below are followed.
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5” and well constructed.
* No heavy or bulky embellishments. PM me if you are unsure.
* All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves. Beeswax cards WILL stick together in transit if this is not done!
* All cards must be different and distinct.
* Please send work you are proud of and demonstrate your best workmanship! Time, effort and attention to detail will be considered when swapping out the cards.

Mailing Cards - All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves. Please include username and swap name on all envelopes.

* International participants – Please keep in mind it can take up to two weeks for me to receive international mail. I will cover your postage and return envelope. Please pm your address when you pm for mine.

* US Participants – Please include a self addressed envelope with username and name of swap written on the back. Do not send small return address labels in lieu of a clearly written address. Please include 58 cents minimum LOOSE postage. Unused postage will be returned.

* Please do not send bubble envelopes for returns!!!

Please PM for my address (or post in the thread if you already have it) when you are ready to send your cards.

Fine Print - All cards are due in my hands by the due date. Late cards will be returned. Please be aware if your cards do not meet the guidelines they will be returned. I will update the thread when I receive your cards but please allow 48 hours for trader ratings. Please send a PM if you need to withdraw. I will send one reminder PM (two weeks out for international, one week for local). Late arrivals or no withdraw communication/no cards will receive neutral feedback.

The photo pool will be updated periodically thoughout the swap. Credit is given to each participant. By signing up for the swap you are agreeing to have your cards displayed in the photo pool.

Thank you for participating in the swap!
I look forward to seeing everyone’s artwork!
As always, an extra on-theme card would be appreciated but is never required.

**Click here to view all the cards received in the swap!**

1. lori.rn - South Carolina
2. cazfun - Australia (ar)
3. jzhanna - Tennessee
4. j4mi3 - Colorado
5. smullis - Colorado
6. goatgoddess - Texas
7. mrubyjean - Washington
8. egrobeck - New York
9. livia - Texas
10. vicki z - Minnesota
11. junquejo - Illinois
12. jetleg - Washington
13. hhc - Washington
14. bluellen - Massachusetts
15. pithier -Ohio
16. lindap - Netherlands (ar)
17. liverson - New York

blue - received
grey - withdrew

Last edited:
This looks like an awfully cool technique. I however have no idea where I would be able to buy this type of beewax.. :( Have never seen it at our local craftstores I think.

OK Sign me up looks like a cool technique... Now to find some bees wax

Cheers

I just got a video on how to do this. Sign me up. You can buy beeswax at Woodcrafts if you have one. Joyce

I have beeswax and have wanted to do some atcs with beeswaz for a long time and it's still cool enough to send them to you in the mail in April - so please sign me up :)

Okay! Welcome to the swap lori.rn, cazfun, jzhanna, j4mi3, smullis and goatgoddess!

Craftyvox - I didn't know if you were signing up or just commenting so just let me know.

Also, I noticed a few unrecognized screennames. If you have changed yours please let me know so I don't have duplicates in my address book! Thanks!

I'm very tempted, but don't sign me up just yet. I'll be back. You, know it took me reading this thread title about 7 times before I realized it was really about using beeswax! I thought it was a swap themed about telling people to mind their own business! lol. Was I interpreting too literally or not literally enough?!?

I would love to join. I have been trying some new techniques & beeswax is one that I love.

Jo

I would like to join...I have beeswax and would love to make some special cards for this swap.... thanks...Jeanette

Sign me up please! I love playing with beeswax!!!!

Also, FYI, you can find blocks of beeswax in the candle section of Michaels, and sometimes Joann's. Something like $13-14.00. Using the 40% off coupon and going in with a friend (its a LOT of beeswax) makes it more affordable. :)

Welcome to the swap livia, vicki z, junquejo, jetleg and hhc!

You know I didn't think to post where to buy beeswax! I will add some of ya'lls info into the first post of the thread for the other members browsing!

Ok, I have never done this before in my swaps but I'm having so much fun playing with this stuff I may make a few more cards. I'm thinking others may feel the same way! I am changing the swap amounts from 3 for 3 only to 3 for 3 or 6 for 6. :jiggy:

That being said I make the requirement in the guidelines for cards not to be duplicates and to be distinct and original. PLEASE do something more then move an item to the other side or change the background a little bit. If this swap stays as small as it is I may have to give some players more then one card from each person if everyone sends in six (though I will try not to). If the cards are too much alike and it comes down to it, I will send the extras back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom