What's Your Pointillism?? ATC Swap - Due December 18th 2009

poeticpaper

Inavtive
Media
What's Your Pointillism?? ATC Swap - Due December 18th 2009

Swap Due Date - December 18
(Cards will be mailed out on Dec. 21st, cards received after Dec. 18th WILL be returned!)
Signup/withdraw date - December 10
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 30

Hand Drawn/Painted ONLY

The subject is Pointillism Art
EXAMPLES:
1_pointillismtrees.jpg
1_moleskine_sky.jpg

- art by adriayna

1_IMG_1774.jpg
1_IMG_1668.jpg

- art by lemay

1_SpringMtLake.jpg
- art by FaeLynn
1_136-CloudsAndRays.jpg
- art by AnneY
1_SharpieSwap3.jpg
- art by kreationkween72
1_pointillism_goldfish.jpg
- art by Bubblecup
REFERENCES:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&q=Pointillism+art&sa=N&start=21&ndsp=21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointillism
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/history/pointillism.html

Please note that as long as there is a little bit of pointillism (dots) on your piece, it will count. The entire picture does not have to be done as dots...

Nitty Gritty:

- All cards must be the standard 3.5” x 2.5”
- Cards should be fairly flat and able to comfortably fit in a sleeve.
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- Please include real name AND username along with swap name on the back of all cards.
- Originals only (no digital prints, unless it's a digital print that you alter after printing...)
- Please only send in cards you are proud of, something you would love to have in your collection.
- Please include username and swap name on all envelopes sent in.
- International participants – I will pay postage for first 5 international participants. After the 5 spots are full, you must be able to provide your own US return postage. Please include a self addressed envelope.
- US Participants – Please include a self addressed and stamped envelope.

Please PM me for my address when your cards are complete and ready to mail.

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from!

All cards are due in my hands by the due date. Late cards will be returned - no exceptions.

Who wants to play??

1. spineofafish
2. Emodo
3. RoOskie - received
4. msdrd - received
5. sarat - received
6. Pauline - International #1 - received
7. JenCreates - received
8. CraftyCat - received
9. shogrady - received
10. crafty - International #2
11. novasmem - received
12. asharnanae - International #3 - received
13. Donnacr - International #4 - received
14. curlywink - received
15. mrubyjean - received
16. withdrew
17. kstyles - received
18. FaeLynn - received
19. kcstofflet - received
20. donnahurman - International #5 - received
21. Monica - received
22. withdrew
23. circusavatar
24. goldfish - received
25. butterflygirl24 - received
26. withdrew
27. kat - received
28. SuperMomWannabe - received
29. Robin_Crandell - received
30. gina_d

Last edited:
Ooooh....I love the ideas and sample cards...but I will have to try this out first to see if I can do it...consider me seriously lurking!:cool:

I am seriously tempted but need to be more caught up at work first... If I get the cards done and you haven't already filled up, then I will join.

another lurker here...hmmmmmmm..lets see how the mood strikes on the weekend and I may be back..
Oh,and by the way Pauline- i see you are in my part of the world and that you are from Geelong.....I am sorry ,but with the "last weekend in September" looming i cant resist...."GO YOU SAINTS"!!!!!!!!!!

weatheredhalo, I would count that! From my point of view, art is about getting your feet wet! I want people to be comfortable to try something new, not be intimidated.

I chose the subject Pointillism as a starting point. As long as there are dots, I am happy, and I will match like to like as best as I can...

weatheredhalo . your owl is adorable and I can't wait to get my feet wet too. I was a little intimidated also but thanks poeticpaper for the words of encouragement.

I've been writing in the message box and forgetting to post...this is the 3rd time in two days...I'm glad there is still available slots.....please add me...

Back
Top Bottom