Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Its a Collage Crazy Weekend Oct.16 18!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a Collage Crazy Weekend Oct.16 18!

You are all invited to come play in our Collage-a-thon

Start time (in your time zone at 5:00 pm) October 16 at 5:00 pm.
    End time (in your time zone 11:59 pm) October 18, 2009 - 11:59 pm. Trading (if you wish) ensues at will throughout the weekend and beyond…

What is a COLLAGE-A-THON? It’s a marathon collage weekend done over the same day and time in each time zone. It’s kind of like we are all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room. It’s open to EVERYONE, and is open themed. The only requirement is that you have “collaged” somewhere on your ATC.

Just what is COLLAGE? A collage (From the French: coller, to glue) is a work of art made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.
    For the purpose of this a-thon, collage is the combining of materials to create art, be that paper, fabric, beads, paint, metal… any combination of adhering two or more materials together is considered collage.

This weekend is all about creating art and having fun, even if you only finish one piece during the weekend.

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: (NOT a requirement!)
    Theme Challenge: Cards depicting The Day of the Dead / El Da de los Muertos /All Souls' Day
    Technique Challenge: Create cards with three or more layers and use three or more different media on your cards. (i.e. paint, collaged items, vintage text, paper napkins, fibers, beads, rubber stamps, embossing, inks, pens, colored pencils, pastels, beeswax, melted crayons…)

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a card you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread.

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST? Remember you can click the “You Rock” button and leave your admiration there too!

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:

From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    1) Go to your picture in your gallery & click the picture to bring up the page where people leave comments
    2) Right click on the picture to bring up the menu
    3) Click on properties at the bottom of the menu - this brings up another box with the info on your picture
    4) Copy the Location. I think there is an actual Copy Image Location to click on, or highlight the "location" and copy (right click, click copy or Ctrl C)
    5) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    6) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and and hit ok - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box
    7) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/large/1_foxglove_fairy.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large... find the word large or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want. (I usually leave it small.)

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

Any questions? Just post to the thread or send me a pm. Let’s get this party started!
    Last edited by HHC; 10-15-2009 at 05:16 PM.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay I am going to play BUT - I can't do a lot because I have an out of town guest coming from the US this weekend and I need to keep the place clean! Expect to see 2-6 collages from me. If I manage more than that, I will be very very surprised!

Hopefully someday I will be able to do some sort of "a-thon" and actually spend the whole weekend doing them (unlikely - HA!)

Hugs,

Doreen Taylor

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to be able to play at least a bit.
    My husbands grandaunt had a crippling stroke. It was her second one and unfortunately the doctors dont think she will survive it this time. All we can do is keep on waiting ...
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure I'll play. I don't know how much I can make this time but something anyway.
    My chunky page list and APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evalila: I will keep your family in my thoughts.
    Hugs,

Doreen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on playing, and hope to be able to do more than I have the last few times I played!

Evalila - Sorry to hear that news. Your family is in my thoughts.

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evalila - keeping yoru family in my prayers

I should be able to find some time to play too

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evalila, kind thoughts and prayers are being sent to you and your family.

Thanks for the reminder PM, HHC. I'm sure I'll be able to get a few cards done on Saturday. I always enjoy CATs.
    The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.---Mahatma Gandhi

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you all here! I actually don't work this weekend other than Friday until 7:30, (yippee!) so will be able to devote more time to collaging.

Evalila, sending thoughts and prayers to your family.
    Last edited by HHC; 10-15-2009 at 11:06 AM.

jaw is offline Be inspiring ... be kind ...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yahoo!!!! I've been finishing my swap commitments, clipping ephemera and prepping some backgrounds so I can play when I'm not working! Yippee ... I wonder if I should just be sick *cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze* on Saturday? hmmmmm how sneaky can I be
    Be Kind. Just. Be. Kind.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I'm away Saturday thru Sunday morning...but I hope to play on Friday and Sunday evenings!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evalila, sending good wishes to you all

Thanks for the heads up on this. I am hoping to play at some point, but do have to work again this weekend, so kinda doubt it. I knew Oct would be crazy, but I'm now starting to have ATC withdrawal....
    My website Gina-B Silkworks
    My DH's new ep on iTunes!!- Man on Fire

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in!
    I've been looking forward to a "thon" for some time now! Weekend may be a little busy, but I should be able to devote some quality time to the CAT!
    <><

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    (MrubyJean - I'm forward to seeing some napkin/beeswax/altered playing cards from you! Woo Hoo!!!)
    <><

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Helen thank you so much for the reminder! I'm not sure what this weekend will have in store for me. I only did 6 cards last weekend at the ZAT, I haven't been doing a lot of art lately but I have all kinds of fun collage goodies so I sure will try to join the fun this weekend!

Evalia, sending healing prayers to her, and all who love her.
    New Chat thread. Here's the link, spread the word!
    ... i S o L a T i O n...F u N ....What are you working on?
    Tags are chat, create, isolation boredom busters, learn, share ideas
    ~ JOURNAL CHAT(and scrapbook) ~
    MY AVAILABLES ATCs I may also have available ATCoins

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Busy weekend but I'll play when I can. Please give me a little time to answer PM's but I promise I'll answer as soon as I possibly can.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be here for some of it. My sweetie's going to be away Friday and Saturday so I'll be able to play "guilt-free".

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, I hope to play a bit...I'll be working on our house all weekend but should be able to carve out some time to collage.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, Duckys great uncle "King" is taking over the glue sticks this weekend...
    hes' a kind ol' sole.... and thanks to Linda4art, he's got sexy eyes...

so King of the CAT will be here Friday @ 5:00.....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Lot's of fun people to play with this weekend!