Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Postcard Ingredients Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm watching this thread and when I catch up on things I'd love to jump in and join!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeanette, I'll start another group, hang on someone will jump in. Keep checking this thread.
    Carol your "springy" ingredients arrived today and my head is in a whirl as to how I will approach this. What fun. You didn't send me the Easter bunny though, what will I do?????? A lovely package of ideas was tucked in that envelope, thank you sooo much.
    Cathy when you are ready we'll be here.
    You'll meet more angels on a winding path than on a straight one. D.Verlaef

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad they are there Jan........Have fun!!!
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    susietex and poshscot - Your envelopes are just being mailed tomorrow........
    Last edited by monarch; 02-26-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    Monarch Butterflies are dancing embers in the forest and are just as lovely and gentle as a very sweet part of a symphony"......quoted by Dr. Lincoln Brower after a research trip to the Monarch's wintering sites in Mexico.................

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted you PC today Carol, enjoy!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your kidding me jan...I can't wait to see it!!!! For some reason I started yours tonight......I shouldn't have because I have so much other stuff to do but sometimes I get my priorities mixed up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jan - I finished your postcard except for the back which going to do now........Do you want me to post it or do you want to be surprised.....I sure hope you like it.......

julietbowers Inactive
    I would love to play along with this. If I'm reading the thread correctly I would be partnered with jetlag. BTW, where is Milton? Since I'm new at this I want to check that I have this correctly: I send a batch of materials to my partner and she makes me a postcard from them. She sends me a batch of materials and I make a postcard for her. Have I got it?

julie

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've got it Juliet and welcome. Not sure what a "batch" is in your mind but enough to make a PC, assortment of "things", you do not need to send the stiffening material.
    PM jetleg and exchange mailing addresses. Post here when you mail your ingredients.
    Carol, surprise me and then post it, I love surprises.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great........I'll mail it out MOnday.......

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morning received my goodies from Mrs Ragbutty, oh very interesting, off to have a think!!

Lou x

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received my beauitful postcard from jan today!!!!!! Thanks abunch!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! that was quick, mailed that on Thursday morning. Maybe because we are neighbors?
    Anyways thanks for letting me know the PC arrived and that you are pleased. Here is the card. Carol had sent me spring colors in fabrics, beads, sequins, embroidery thread, ribbons, a napkin and organdy with glitter on them. I did not use all of her fabrics and added a feather and some yarn of my own in the mix. I crossed pieced the fabric to make a rue and in some of the seams I added the ribbon and feathery yarn, appliqued the flower on the napkin and flower printed organdy on top. The layered a piece of glitter organdy over it to hold especially the paper down. Stitched the green embroidery thread and the sequins over that and did some hand bead work to finish it off. Also posted the back of the card on which I used the glue paper with a quote, message for Carol and her address all printed on the computer. I did mail the PC in a clear bag with 58 cents postage.
    So my trade with Carol is complete.
    Last edited by Jan; 06-11-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jan - You can put me down again.......I love doing fabric postcards!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do. The extras come in handy too don't they Carol? I wish you knew how many times I check those little bags for "just the right thing".
    What about the rest of you ladies. Elaine have my ingredients arrived yet?

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sending off a big package to Pippin today - this swap and two journal pages.

julietbowers Inactive
    I've posted my ingredients to jetlag. Have fun!

julie

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received a package of goodies and a finished postcard from Paperfairy (Elaine) today. What a surprise and looks like she had lots of fun. I recognized some of the mediums in it, thanks Elaine.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    jan - Your postcard is going in the mail tomorrow...........I took my brother in law for a radiation treatment today and I just had a bad day once I got home......but it is ready to go now.....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carol don't worry about the card, spend all the time you can with your loved one, it really is very important. Hugs to you for taking care of his needs today.