Pompeii Open Media - Due March 31st

P

pumpkincoach

Inactive
Pompeii Hand-drawn, Painted or Collaged Swap
Swap Due Date – March 31
Signup/withdraw date – March 1
Number of Cards – 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of participants –US: Unlimited; Internationals : 5 paid by hostess, then unlimited pay for your own

Unfortunately, I did not keep my due date info for this swap. I am setting the due date as March 31st and the sign up date as March 1st. This will give people pleanty of time to sign up, withdraw, etc. after all the shake up.

Pompeii- The famous Roman town in Naples I home to many beautiful ruins, frescoes, mosaics and haunting artifacts. Each card should evoke something of the beauty of this ancient playground of the rich. Reproduce the frescoes, play around with artifacts or make me a mosaic of the ruin landscape; whatever catches your fancy! Please do not include any of the lewd or brothel images in this swap.

Any medium is fine, but the work must be your own! No rubberstamps, unless you carve them yourself and no stickers at all. Other embellishments: nothing bulky. Your card should not be more than ¼ inch thick. Please try to stick to smaller fibers, sequins, glitter, seed beads, etc.

All cards must be original. No prints allowed, except for digitals. In every case, including digitals, each card should be distinct and different. I do not want “cookie cutter” cards. You can use the same image for them, but it should be used in a new or different way each time.

Please make sure all the art work is of the very best of your ability and of the quality you would like to receive in return.

All cards should be in a plastic protective sleeve.

US PARTICIPANTS: Unlimited, please include an SASE with 2 loose stamps and a loose 17 cent stamp for possible bulky returns. Usually, each envelope will only require one stamp, but sometimes bulky or heavy cards may require more. This can only be determined when the cards are actually swapped out. Any unused postage will be returned to you.

INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: You are welcome in this swap. I can pay for the first 5 International participants. Any sign-ups after that will need to include US stamps or an IRC for returns.
Cards are due on or BEFORE the due date. I will not hold swaps for late cards. If you cannot get your cards to me on time, please withdraw from the swap. I know life happens, so please let me know if you need to withdraw from this swap.

US PARTICIPANTS
1. pumpkincoach
2.Shelly arrived
3.withdrawn by request
4.KaHeD arrived
5.schaefme arrived

INTERNATIONALS HOSTESS Pays Postage
1.onyablue arrived
2.Jonquilarrived

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! Sorry I was so slow getting this listed. I've been sick and trying to get everything settled here. Please stop in and let me know if you are or are not continuing with this swap. Also, please note that I have (I believe) extended the due date. Thanks for your patience!

KaHeD~ Thank you for the encouraging words!

Jonquil~ Your cards have safely arrived! Thank you for the extra!

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this swap.

Cherylann

Does anyone know TseTsefly and whether or not he/she has joined this site under another name? All returns but their's are in now, so I could close out the swap. We do still have time before it ends. Anyway, let me know if you know anything.

Since all of our cards were in, I went ahead and swapped these out last night. I will mail them today or tomorrow. Please remember to give rep points for returns. Also, I am pretty sure I left feedback for each of you as your cards came in. If you know for sure that I DID NOT, please let me know and I will leave some for you! Thank you to everyone for playing! We had great cards in this swap!

Oh, how wonderful! I've been suffering from empty mailbox syndrome (plenty of junk mail and bills, but who counts those!)

KaHeD~ I hear you! I don't count those either! But even worse for me is a completely empty mailbox! It is raining nasty here today, so I will mail these out tomorrow.

Has anyone received their cards yet? They should be getting to you all soon!

Wow! KaHeD~ It SHOULD not be taking this long...I hope they show up soon. This is a new dilemma for me... What does a hostess do if the cards don't show up? We will give them a little time yet and if they haven't been received in another week, I will see what can be done. I am going to ask the mods too, as this has never happened to me before.:swoon:

PLEASE...everyone...has ANYONE received these yet? I did ask my mailman and he remembers picking the letters up. They should have come through the po by now. It is not looking good here....I am going to give this another week and then see what I can do. I just hate that this is happening!<stomps foot and cries> There were sooo many cool cards for this swap too!

Just to let you all know...I have 1 card from each of you for this swap, for a total of five cards. You will get at least that from me if returns don't show up. I am going to have to see what else I can do or provide. Also, I believe one of you schaefme sent 6 cards, so there will have to be something done there too. I will try to also make up at least 1 card each from me. Hopefully I will have time! I am still holding out hope, albeit slim, that you will see your returns soon.

I have given these several weeks now and still no arrivals that I know about.:no: Even my mailman is perplexed, he remembers picking them up and putting them in the mail bin. Well, as it seems these are lost in postal space, I will be working on putting 3 cards from me together, someone else has offered to make a few cards, and I will probably print off copies from the ones I made and saved scans of. I have 5 original cards from the swap too, 1 from each of you. I will be splitting these up between you. Also, for those of you who do collage, I will send out some vintage ephemera too. Please let me know if you do not want any of the vintage ephemera. This is so heart wrenching for me as a hostess. I hate that all this hard work is lost!
Please send me your address and for the one who sent me 6 cards, please let me know who you are. I will mail out new batches by the middle of next week. Thanks for your patience!

Back
Top Bottom