Number of Cards: 3 for 3 OR 6 for 6
Number of participants: unlimited

Step Right UP!
Sideshow Punks, Freaks & Geeks
An Open-Media ATC Swap

1_2HeadsBetter.jpg
1_Summer_PAT--feejee_mermaid.jpg
1_Nobody_Puts_Baby_in_a_Corner_ATART__7.jpg

For this swap, make three or six cards in any media. The focus of the card should be a sideshow freak, geek or punk. Snake dancer? check. Fiji mermaid? check. Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Boy? check. Tattooed ladies? double check.

Also, make your own freak if you like . . . I would pay to see AnnD's scary baby, after all. It's begging for a cage and a striped tent and canvas poster!

Oh, do steer clear of the average carnie or carnival barker--they can be weird and scary, but we want the characters you have to pay extra to view behind a curtain!

Keep in mind that you probably will receive a mix of media in return. So, a collage artist MIGHT get a hand-drawn card, or vice versa. I do try to swap quality for quality, though.

The work should be entirely different and original (don't "assembly line" three cards that are almost exactly the same). Digital cards need to be held to this standard, too.

- All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- Please put artist ID & real name on backs of all ATCs at a minimum.

- Please only send art that took time and care.
- No card's focus should be a sticker or scrapbooking embellishment. Though, if you can find stickers or crap-booking supplies in this theme, you better share WHERE you found them.

- Please include username and swap name on all envelopes sent in.
- International peeps--I will cover you. Don't make your cards out of lead, though.
- US Participants--Please include a business-size SASE with stamps = to what it takes to ship your cards to me. Often, this is 61 cents, not 44 cents, especially if you send six cards.

All cards are due in my hands by the due date. Late cards will be returned. Please mail early so they arrive on time. Late cards without notice and no-shows will receive neutral iTraders. [I really do leave neutrals . . . so don't be surprised.]

Also, just an FYI . . . the generous and entirely optional host gifts often sent by U.S. players never take the place of properly addressed, sufficiently posted SASEs.

Please PM me as you prepare to send your cards if you need my address.

Thank you for considering this swap . . . I think we might end up being a small group, but we'll happy with our returns!

Who wants to play?

1. camcas
2. bharper
3. Vicki Z
4. grrrdjules
5. CIndyjob
6. BigKay
7. desiree
8. katilady
9. nicci
10. schmancyfancy
11. AnnD
12. VintageGlimmers
13. alexia
14. meadowlark
15. WildGoose
16. AKmamaof2
17. amyfaerie
18. ziggy
19. anagramforink
20. miss
21. russell
22. chronata
23. Grandma chook
24. tamalayla
25. sharazoid
26. EdensRainbow
27. mondestrunken
28. themuppet
29. LittleRedShoeDesigns
30. momoruth
31. goldgelfling [MIA]
32. racheljean [MIA]

teal names = your cards are here

red names = your cards are on their way to me

holy crap, that's a lotta freaky people! :jiggy:

Last edited:
Lydia oh Lydia, oh have you met Lydia, Lydia the taaaaatooed lady....

...Lurk... might get too creepy for me, dunno yet...

lurk away, penlowe . . . and juli, you are IN! :) glad to have you! your "fat lady" card is one of the faves in my collection!

lol, irishrose and miss . . . lurkers are most welcome, but peeking under the tent without paying admission is frowned upon! :laugh:

:jiggy:

i am, too! i was feeling tawny . . . and i couldn't kitaen myself! momoruth, lurk away! you're in good company!

if i get safely moved next weekend i am soooo in, until then no commitments cause i may have to do another round of house hunting!

LOL! My mother-in-law competed in the Miss Australia pageant. When she visited Italy, a man walked up to her and said, "I want to put you in my movie." And did.

In sum, Amy, when you host the why-are-you-25-years-older-but-still-look-better-than-I-do swap, I'm . . . not in. It's too damn depressing. Because she's nicer than I am, too. Freak.

right-auntie camcas is on-provided their are no rude comments about whether I am older than you or not,and how old I actually look and such and whether I am nice or nasty and such ....of course passionfruit is such a good age- defying fruit that i look about 10 yrs younger than when I joined the swap a year ago....hmmmmm....i think that qualifies me as a freak.....
please let me in Amy darling.... I love me some freaks.....

Back
Top Bottom