Bad Decisions, Due May 1

LOL! I love that sketch!

Thanks for letting me know, Shara! I am hoping to get fun treats in the mail every day now until the due date!

:jiggy:

Mine went postal,with treats..sorry, I tried to put cookies in there, but they crumbled up and made a big mess (Bad Decision). Hope you get lost of fun treats! I will post my pics to the thread later, when I am home.

Hahahaha! Sharazoid, those cards are not only hilarious but artistically fantabulous to boot! I can't wait to get them in my hot little hands!

I have excellent cards in from sarabarnes! I will try to get them scanned in before I go a-geeking this evening.

I am hoping to receive some more cards tomorrow. We are so close to swapping these out!

bwahahahaha that's freakin' funny.

The crucifix it's based off of has the same sort of predicament, though. Maybe not as pronounced, but still there. And yeah, she should have noticed.

i'm not sure how people could "not" see it that way.......even if it was based on another piece, she could have made a better decision, IMHO.

I share your HO, Fantasia!

(Wait, that looks terribly wrong!!!)

OK, cards just in from BigKay and Tyheetess! That means we're waiting on Sharazoid's cards, which should hopefully arrive on Monday. Since I have images of those cards, I may swap out today and just hold the envelopes! Wheeeee!

i'm not sure how people could "not" see it that way.......even if it was based on another piece, she could have made a better decision, IMHO.

SO that brings an interesting thought to my mind. I need a fluttering eyelashes devil's advocate smiley here.

If the church commissioned her to produce a replica of that famous crucifix, whose fault is it? Should she have tried to tone down the phallic abs, or should she have reproduced it as well as she was able? Who is to blame, the church or the artist? The customer is always right, after all.

I'm sure there are some people out there somewhere who don't see penises in everything. I haven't met one yet, but I'm sure there is SOMEONE with an innocent enough mind that they would see his stomach as distended instead of seeing an obnoxiously well-hung (and anatomically impossible) savior. Probably the same person who sees the Virgin Mary in their bowl of Fruit Loops.

LOL! I need a soulless corporate emoticon to render my opinion. How about this: :geek:

I used to be the VP of Training for a national Litigation Support company (don't ask), and when I did sales and customer service training, I actually rejected - or perhaps refined - the notion that the customer is always right. In most cases, the service provider knows more than the customer does, in which case, a responsible service provider would say, "Hey, customer! I'm delighted to give what you asked for, but I want to make you aware of xyz issue with your order. My own recommendation would be abc convenient / time-saving solution, but I want to check with you first."

Following that line of thinking, the artist could have said, "Hey, church! This is an amazing crucifix, but as I am making my first-draft sketches, I'm noticing a distinctly phallic and potentially offensive dimension to his abdomen. I can reproduce this, or I can try to temper it. What would you like me to do?"

Just my 14.5 cents, so . . . with tax, mupps, you owe me . . . a package of Ho-Hos! *Runs to wait by the door for mail treats*

Oh my...that's rather horrific!!!

Here are my cards, which are in the hands of the posties:
1_4568651170_e7ec5694dd.jpg
1_4568648912_14334d6e9b.jpg

1_4568645922_c616804378.jpg
1_4568011157_11c79354c2.jpg

mmm Ho-Hos! On their way!

Yeah, I'm with you on the rejection of that cliche as the average consumer has about as much sense as above-mentioned Ho-Hos. I would have thought those issues would have been addressed during the initial consultations and arrangements though.

Church guy: So yeah, we totally want this crucifix.
Artist: Oh, you mean the famous "check out my wang" crucifix?
Church guy: Mmmhmm. I really loooove that one.
Artist: No. Really. Look at that wang. It's right there on his stomach all proud and erect. I think it's waving a little flag and doing a tapdance.
Church guy: Yeah whatever. Can you make it really freakin' bloody too?

(I'm more shocked that no one has complained about the fact that there's gobs of blood dripping out of his palms, frankly)

Here are some more of the fantabulastical cards I am swapping shortly!

The first two are from BigKay, entitled "Glitter Hulk" and "Wardrobe Malfunction."

The next three are from sarabarnes, entitled "Worth It," "Stupid Again," and "And then she married him."

These ALL made me LOL! :jiggy:

OK, my dear ones, the cards are swapped! The first batch, at the very least, will go out on Monday!

Back
Top Bottom