Number of Cards: 3 for 3 OR 6 for 6
Number of participants: unlimited

Dark Art with Found Poetry
A Mixed-Media ATC Swap

1_gothic_found_poetry--dina.jpg
1_Zombie_Queen.jpg
1_unbearable_pain.jpg

cards by amyfaerie, AnnD and camcas​

For this swap, make three or six mixed-media cards. The card should incorporate both dark art AND found poetry.* I will post more sample cards over the next few weeks--the ones above are mine, AnnD's and mine. It can be the addition of the found poetry that makes the card dark, too . . . as long as the overall effect is dark, weird, creepy or scary.

* found poetry should consist of actual words cut from an outside text. no cards should incorporate handwritten found poetry. for more on found poetry, see the links below, or scope out my article in the Winter 2010 issue of Art Trader magazine.

Wikipedia's Found Poetry entry
The Found Poetry Project
Karen's Whimsy on found poetry

Keep in mind that you probably will receive a mix of returns. A note on how I swap:

• Overall, I try to swap quality for quality. However, there are times when a player may receive a card that he/she feels is below his/her own level of skill. If that happens, remember it's ATCs for ALL, and everyone here is at a different place in the artistic journey.
  • I try to keep an artist's personality in mind when I swap--but I don't comb through the thread to see who dropped hints for what cards; that would take me forever.
  • If your cards are late, it doesn't matter how great they are--they'll be returned.

The work on your cards should be entirely different and original (don't "assembly line" three cards that are nearly exactly the same). Cards that incorporate digital elements need to be held to this standard, too.

- All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- Please put artist ID & real name on backs of all ATCs at a minimum.

- Please only send art that took time and care.
- No card's focus should be a sticker or scrapbooking embellishment.

- Please include username and swap name on all envelopes sent in.
- International peeps--I will cover you. Don't make your cards out of lead, though.

US Participants--Please include a business-size SASE with stamps = to what it takes to ship your cards to me. If fifteen players send an SASE with 44 cents on it, and I have to pay fifteen people's postage overages, that's really uncool.

All cards are due in my hands by the due date. Late cards will be returned. Please mail early so they arrive on time. Late cards without notice will receive neutral iTraders. No shows also receive neutrals.

Also, just an FYI . . . extra "host cards" never take the place of properly addressed, sufficiently posted SASEs. If I had to choose, I'd prefer the latter. *hugs*

Please PM me as you prepare to send your cards if you need my address.

Who wants to play? I hope YOU do!

1. amyfaerie
2. WyvernSian
3. AnnD
4. katliady

5. sharazoid
6. tamalayla
7. JavaZarf
8. camcas
9. inhabitingtrees
10. LittleRedShoeDesigns

11. JoyFlower
12. malinmaskros
13. Rogue Gal
14. lilywaters
15. firstofoctober
16. Bright-Spark
17. coffeelatte
18. mariecato
19. Leneas Paperdreams
20. bharper
21. jensaz
22. Mrs Ragbrutty
23. studio39designs
24. RobbyGirl
25. tipulida
26. jazzie
27. jester
28. dina54
29. wildholly
30. msdrd
31. Nuve_D
32. Iris
33. papersaga
34. wolfmoon
35. winterchild
36. miss
37. themuppet
38. bastcrystal
39. flowerlily64
40. KizzyMama
41. mrubyjean
42. Raineyday
43. VintageGlimmers
44. Joy D
45. Storyteller
46. Terrorgirl
47. CIndyjob

Last edited:
I'm pretty terrible at dark art AND found poetry but I'm joining anyway.
You're probably thinking: "Oh BK, Why would you put us through that?"
Because I know that there are going to be really awesome cards that come out of this swap and I'm a greedy art-hording hog face, that's why. My apologies in advance. xoxo

lmao, bk . . . i love it! :jiggy:

kati, and dakota.joe, welcome!

d.j, it's been a while since i've seen you around--glad to have you!

OK, I have never made ATCs on the first day of a swap before, but this was SO my mood this morning that I could not contain myself. I was even planning to make baguettes today, but bah! What's bread when there could be art?

Amy, if these are for any reason not dark enough, PM me, and we'll have a whole dark discussion: dark, dark, dark, dork, dork, dork.

1_Sudden_Death.jpg

1_The_Final_Plea.jpg

...so i go to bed AGAIN...and wake up AGAIN..and find another awesome swap appeared in my absence AGAIN.... AND YOUR'E ALREADY TAKING ABOUT SEX AGAIN AND I HAVENT EVEN JOINED UP YET...OMGGGGGGGG?!?!?!?!?!
ahem...now that i have recovered my composure...me please Amy darling!!

OKay I am also not much good at this...probably worse than BK, in spite of her art hog ways...so I am gonna lurk in the dork corners of the swap for a while.

Ann, you do have a knack with the head.

Back
Top Bottom