Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIF Artistic Amulet Bag Necklace

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

PIF Artistic Amulet Bag Necklace

Playing it forward for (ONE) Artistic Amulet Bag Necklace

There are alot of guidelines read them ALL please

Ok here is how it works , you offer up (ONE) Artistic Amulet Bag Necklace , with pics and description (materials used) , the person below you accepts the bag and offers up (ONE) in return

When you claim a bag it is YOUR responsiblilty to PM your address to the person you have accepted from.

You cannot accept a bag unless you have a bag to put up.
    So don't accept a bag and say "I will put mine up later."

No conversation in the thread. DO it all by PM.

Since this is a ARTISTIC Amulet Swap, there are some guidelines that must be followed.

The bag should be your own design (not from a pattern unless you created the pattern). It should incorporate FINE materials, like silk, wool, hand dyed fabrics, etc. and have some kind of fancy bead work, embroidery, needle felting or applique to decorate it. It should have something to go around the neck to form a necklace, i.e. chain, crochet, knit tube, leather, silk cording, beaded work or ribbon. The bag should be NO bigger than to hold a credit card and no smaller than 1 1/2 inches square finished. Bags can also be made of bead weaving, freeform bead weaving and fiber weaving.

Acceptable materials are : silk, wool, wool (or quality acrylic) felt, hand dyed muslin, quilter's cotton prints and batiks, well made and fine laces velvets, high quality ribbon, hand woven fiber backgrounds, needle felted backgrounds,canvas that has been painted etc.. Please do not use cheap cottons, polyesters or cheap lace (you mknow, that stiff, prickly stuff or ruffled eyelet lace that you get tons of yards for $1 at the craft store), as it does show in the final product. Please embellish your bags in some manner. Do Not post novelty fabric (i.e. large or cute prints) that has no other embellishment. I want to see art work here, so the designs should be your own and should be well done.

EDIT: Other artistic material that can be used Leather, tyvek thats hand dyed.

It is important that the quality of bags be the same as what was in the Artistic Amulet Bag Swap

Here are the links to those swaps
    Swap Number Two

Swap Number One

The Original Artistic Amulet Bag Necklace Swap

And so to get this party started I offer up

A canvas Painted Artistic Amulet Necklace Bag. Dyed with watered down acrylic paint then applied stencil with white paint, different color of paint, handpainted flowers, foil leafing,machine sew,sharpie accents, bead accent, rubber stamped
    "Grateful" Waxed thread at about 18-20 inches long could be made smaller.

Who would like this bag?

ANg
    Last edited by altermyworld; 07-01-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm watching!

I have a couple sewing projects... but I don't know if I have any of the finer materials that this would require... still, I am here and if I can I'll 'play'.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will take it, Ang. And I will offer up this new little bag, which I just posted in the regular Amulet Bag Swap. It is pale pink Unryu paper fused to aqua vintage silk, stamped with silver, folded gently, pierced with eyelets for the cords. Fastened with a thin braided linen cord wrapped around a friendly plastic bangle. Neck cord is braided linen, bamboo, and metallic thread. The bag is about 1.5 inches "square". (It isn't really square and it is sort of 3-D.)
    "I work in whatever medium likes me at the moment."Marc Chagall
    LIFE is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it that you can!"
    My blog http://sometomato.wordpress.com/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love these bags and a pif is right up my alley.

i'm currently working with soft black leather, fibers and beads. also silk and beads.

want one?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    and sometomato i'd love your piece- i got so excited i forgot i was coveting that bag of silver. i'm hoping to not only cherish it but also learn from your techniques.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, lily! Pm me your address and I will send it off! I have been learning a lot lately through making these bags....ask your questions and I will answer them if I can. (Wow, soft black leather sounds great... maybe we will have to do a 1:1 trade, as well?)

Don't forget to post a pic so that people can see what they are getting....
    LIFE is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it that you can!"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, problemo, st! p.s. from the aab2 thread: and yes canada is a place of many many colors- at least from what i can see across the border. like sarah palin i can see for miles and miles......

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok ladies pls stop the chatting and post the bag you are trading. thank you
    ANg

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am offering a black leather bag with fiber and beads.

i can't post a picture so if that's a problem, ANg, let me know and i will bow out 'til i can.
    sorry for not reading the instructions.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will allow it this time. Can you descibe it a bit better, are the beads the same color, fiber the same color, etc, thanks !

SO we have lily waters up who bag is black leather with fiber and beads.

Maavapai Guest
    I would love to have your bag, lilywaters. I offer one of my knitted bags with beads throughout the body. I tried a scan and will post. Don't have a pc camera.

Maavapai Guest
    ok, that wasn't too bad. the triangle is a flap that folds down over the top. color is true, neck strand is long-26/28 in.(?) Who would like it?

Maavapai Guest
    Thank you! They are so much fun. Are you claiming it?

Maavapai Guest
    Oh boo hoo. My bag is still lonely. I wanted to tell you all about the bag Lillywaters made. It is toooo cute!! some nice thin goat skin dyed black, a rectangle folded up for the body and groups of fibers in lovely shades mixed with gold threads were pulled thru holes at the sides & knotted to form wild fringes that closed the sides, then the top fold was gathered half way down with short pieces of chain holding nice separate beads as pendant weights. It looks like a butterfly!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

PIF Amulet bags

Oh, Maavapai, that bag of lilywaters sounds beautiful! I am so sorry that she could not post it. If you can, please do so, OK? I don't think I can claim your bag because I already claimed ANg's bag, and lilywaters got mine. (Unless we can keep doing this, ANg? )

BTW, lily, don't forget to leave me an iTrader when you get my bag....

I got ANg's bag this weekend, and it is every bit as cool as it looked in the scan - even better!

Meanwhile I am still making bags...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometomato BE my guest , i intend to.

ANg

Maavapai Guest
    ok, HERE IT IS, i HOPE!!

Maavapai Guest
    THAT DIDN'T DO TOO BAD. A little scrunched - the fringes hang out to the sides properly when the bag is hung. I think it's pretty cool!!

Maavapai Guest
    Ok, I guess I should re-show my bag up for grabs.It's an orchidy purple knitted with beads thru the body and the necklace is long

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, Barbara! ANg says I can take your bag! Hmmm, now I have to figure out which one to post for the next person.....

How about this one, with decorative silver fabric, lined with pink silk, embellished with a pink button and glass beads? It is about 2 x 2".