Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G-16 CJ Watercolorists on a Journey-Journal Pages

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

G-16 CJ Watercolorists on a Journey-Journal Pages

I am feeling we should begin another watercolor journal page swap. I miss this challenge and would like to "get into" this committment again how about you?
    We will begin mailing our first pages with a due date of September 15, 2010 and after that by the 15th of the month for the next five months. Of course one can always mail early and ahead. When our 5 person participant list is complete I will pm participants a list of contact information with a mailing schedule starting at our name and mailing to the name below and so on working down this list. Pages will be side-by-side usually 6X6 or 8X8 and all watercolor mediums and pens are acceptable.
    Looking forward to this new venture.
    Please post to this thread your theme or subject choice, page size and PM your mailing address to me so I can compile a mailing list that will be pm'd to each participant.

Mailing rotation starting September 15, 2010. You will be assigned a partner to mail to monthly. If you do not mail your page to your monthly partner, you will be removed from the rotation until that month is completed.
    If you cannot mail off your months committment please post to this thread, do not leave people hanging without knowing what is going on. This group makes a committment to each other like non other.

Crafting4Goddess-nature 6X6
    Linda4atc-fantasy 8X8 side by side (mermaids, fairies, dragons, wizards, unicorns and such)
    pschfe1-magic 8X8side by side (light and dark, angels, unicorn, mermaids,Harry Potter, devils, witches, dark forest, light meadow)
    Jan-Flowers and gardens 6X6 side by side
    lilbad- 8X8 side by side, old buildings, sheep, Ireland, lavender
    Pauline, 6X6 side by side, landscapes and old houses

Carole, our moderator, has assigned our mailing list for these swaps. Note the month and who you will be swapping pages with. I will pm you the contact information. This is new to me too.
    Also Carole has submitted the following: This should be posted at the top along with the guidelines, so that the players know that if they are late they are out until they catch up.
    And please mark when each person has received their page from their partner.
    As I stated before these have to be done in partners, with 5 players one is off that month.

September
    Crafting4Goddess & Linda4atc
    pschafe1 & Jan
    lilbad & Pauline

October
    Crafting4Goddess & pschafe1
    Linda4atc & Pauline
    Jan & lilbad

November
    Crafting4Goddess & Jan
    Linda4atc & lilbad
    pschafe1 & Pauline

December
    Crafting4Goddess & lilbad
    Linda4atc & pschafe1
    Jan & Pauline

January
    Crafting4Goddess & Pauline
    Linda4atc & Jan
    pschafe1 & lilbad
    Last edited by Jan; 07-06-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: rotation
    You'll meet more angels on a winding path than on a straight one. D.Verlaef

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to play, if I can (not sure if I meet the iTrader requirement or not). My theme would be nature, 6x6.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jan, This will be my first circle journal group but I did make a couple private trades when I was on the Trader List.

I would like 8x8 Fantasy things like Mermaids, Fairies, Dragons, Wizards, Unicorns and such... please

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up! Mermaids, fairies, trees, mushrooms etc. 6x6

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for signing up ladies, we need one more participant before starting. I noticed that we are all mixed medium artist but in this swap we need to work completely in watercolors and pens. Make sure you are up to this challenge. Journal pages are really special pieces of mail art.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm I only have one journal page in my gallery now. But I've done a couple others in water color before.http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...dex.php?n=8664 Harry Dresden and Bob 8x8 watercolor. I am still learning to use water colors but I think I can do this.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I can do this - I've only done a few watercolor pieces (very beginner) I will make sure that what I put out will be something somebody will want or like. If I personally don't like what I have done, I will do over. You can check out my flicker page - would love the practice. Could I still join?

lilbad is offline A Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can count on me if you aren't sick of my stuff!!!
    Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly kristib come along and lilbad I'm glad you found us. Never sick of your new found Irish themes. Well we have our group of five. Please post your theme here lilbad and "crafty", kristib and lilbad please pm me your mailing address and a phone contact. As a group we promise to hold that information for our own personal use only and ONLY if we need it. After we are done with this swap please discard it in a safe place.
    I will assemble a list with this information and pm this to each of you. You can mail before that date but the latest you can mail is Sept. 15, 2010. Be sure when you mail these beautiful pages you put a stiffening of some kind, such as some cardboard from a cereal box or back of a watercolor folder or something to stiffen it up. Most of us put our pages of art in a plasic baggie to keep it dry from possibly getting wet through the postal travels.
    Have a wonderful journey of research and painting.
    Please refer to the mailing schedule on the first posting of this thread, it has our mailing schedule assigned.
    Last edited by Jan; 06-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I'm a little confused by the schedule. Each month we trade with person sending us one that same month? And one Month we do not trade? Is this correct?

Also you said it would be ok if we made them up ahead of schedule?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darn I wish I didn't have this trip comming up, I'm already getting ideas for these pages. Ohh and sorry people for being the odd ball with 8x8, but that is the size they were doing back when I made my first page trades. LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could I be included in this swap. I prefer landscapes with a strong Australian theme.
    alsosize 6 x 6.

Pauline (Australia)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm I am full of questions...

On these pages do we put any information on the front? or just label them on the back?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pauline would like to join us. We have one month "off" spot on the mailing list that she could fill if each of you would be willing to mail each of the five months. What do you ladies think?
    Last edited by Jan; 06-09-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's fine with me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Works for me. I want to have my pages 8x8. I like old buildings, sheep, Ireland, lavender. Same o same o for me......sounds like fun.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like my two pages to be continuations so I can put them into my album side by side. Info on the back. Jan, u are a sweety to do this!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Jan, I am keeping a watch on this site to make sure all the girls are happy for me to join. I noticed I had put "Landscapes with a strong Aussie theme", what I meant was that is my preference for my own painting - hope I didn't confuse anyone.
    It is very cold here in southern Australia at moment.
    Pauline

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pauline I was lucky enough to go to sydney on two occassions. I went up into the Blue Mountains. Unfortunately on our second trip we had planned to go into the interrior to see the red desert (is that what its calle?) but they had a freak storm and the hotel flooded, said it was the first time in over 20 years, they canceled our reservation.

I wonder if I can find the pictures from my trip, previous marriage so not right at hand.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jan I too do mine side by side, I thought all were done like this... And I would like a username/signature on the front. Any other info can be front or back as the artist decides.