Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ITíS SUMMER All Types of Art a-Thon Weekend, June 24-27!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ITíS SUMMER All Types of Art a-Thon Weekend, June 24-27!

We’re holding our own online AFA party this weekend! Come hang out and create art using ANY medium, in any size, shape or form, post your creation on this thread, trade if you wish, chat, have fun!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:00 pm (noon) on Thursday June 24, 2010 and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday June 27, 2010

This weekend we will :
    1) Create art: ATC’s, chunky pages, 4x4’s, 4x6’s, inchies, twinchies, charms, jewelry, art dolls, skinny pages, journal pages, tags, rollos, gothic arches, post cards – or whatever type of art your heart calls you to create.
    And we'll be collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting...
    2) Trade art - if you wish.
    3) Trade goody bags - just fill a bag with some fun arty things or ephemera, and post your offer and see who wants to trade. (posting pictures of the contents is optional)
    4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
    5) HAVE FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES FOR THE WEEKEND:

Theme for the Weekend is It’s Summer!

Thursday is Layered Art challenge. See how many layers you can include on your piece of art. List them when posting to be eligible for a fun prize. (ie, text page, tissue paper, paint, stamped imaged, drawing, inks) HOSTED BY theweavershand

Friday is Non-ATC Mail Art day – inchies, twinchies, chunky pages, rollos, tags, post cards… you get the idea. HOSTED BY Just Ducky

Saturday is MiXeD mEdiA Day. Use three or more media in your art. List what all you’ve used to be eligible for the prize - a package of papers and ephemera. HOSTED BY HHC

Sunday is Stamp Day! Use at least one stamped image somewhere in the art you create today. Bonus points for hand carved or "improvised" stamped images. HOSTED BY HHC & Beeps

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. Challenges are entirely optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?
    It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
    It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:00 noon on Thursday June 24 (your time zone) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 27 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery: It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_SAT_Autumn_Redwing.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to size you want.

From your computer:

1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
    If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.

Ready? Set? CREATE!!!
    Last edited by HHC; 06-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is ready to play?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm READY!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    yippee!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    fun fun fun
    Shirley ~ A View Askew
    My new swaps: Special Trash Challenge with a Twist
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...vember-22-2019
    I'm in the Mood for Moos - a Trash-Stash Swap http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...vember-22-2019

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    me...me...me!!! id be happy to host a day. just let me know what i need to do.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be here!
    FLORIDA MEMBERS...SIGN IN PLEASE
    www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16337

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! I have an offer from Ducky to host Friday's challenge. Will confirm shortly.

Oh! And I wish to host Saturday's challenge, mostly because I'll actually be home all day. Our new stove is being delivered!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the offer, the weavershand! Let me know which day works for you. I've sent you a pm.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting there.... worked hard yesterday..getting new craft space sorted and finishing up swaps!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    THURSDAY ????? you did say Thursday ???? man I was all primed for Friday, so now this poor OLD ducky gots his feathers in the wringer again... I only got one ? prep day ??

and yes, I gonna do the Friday challange thingy... so get ready gals, I will be watching fer ya great NON-ATC stuff...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whew - that Thursday start took my by surprise also. And here I thought I was going to have clean house on thursday. Saved by the ATART!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well... the Thursday start is because all those folks going to the AFA event in New York are traveling/arriving/starting the fun on Thursday or sooner.

So if you can start Thursday great! If not, start when you can. We're here all weekend and it's a come and go as you please event.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oooh I'm so excited by the extra day...woot! Can't wait. Cleaned my desk, cut my cards, checked my paint supply. My favorite glue stick ran out so I'll have to depend on my "Yes" paste. Okay Cap'n I'm ready to go!

jaw is offline Be inspiring ... be kind ...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    eeeeeeee-----hhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!
    I think I'll go play with a friend this weekend!!!!!!!
    Be Kind. Just. Be. Kind.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray! Looks like we are going to have a wild party this weekend!

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Iīll find at least a little time to play - my two nephews will be baptized this weekend
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOLLA i am mega excited. i posted my abilities for prize "gifting" for the days in the old thread

my to do list:
    1) make some envie goodie bags to trade
    2) cut some charm squares (5" squares of fabric) for trading
    3) prepare some backgrounds for card making
    4) brainstorm a list of ideas for cards (so i don't get art block!)
    5) organize art stuff (ha ha ha yeah right!)
    6) get mailing supplies together to address and package as I go!! <-- learned that trick at the last thon

for the contests, are we looking for cards on theme? or any topic as long as it "does" the daily challenge?

also, for those joining us, keep an eye out for chaosatlanta's scavenger hunt. it sounds like it is gonna be wild!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the contests - we are looking for art that fits the challenge, and perhaps also includes the theme of "It's Summer"... (or "It's Winter" in winterchilds case lol!)

There will be a final drawing on Monday morning for the art that is on the theme. The way I'm going to do it is note each person who has posted art meeting the days challenge/theme and will draw names from a hat. So if you do a challenge day that also includes the theme, you'll get in on the final drawing.

Hope that made sense....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peeps, you can create ATC's or any other type of art you want to make. Friday is the NON-ATC mail art day, but you can still make ATCs too if you want. On theme or for the challenge, or not. Whatever you feel like creating.
    Last edited by HHC; 06-22-2010 at 10:51 AM.