Thread: LIST: 1-1 page trades for your journals - The Happy Bookers

Jean is offline Artist in the Lucy Ricardo tradition
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

LIST: 1-1 page trades for your journals - The Happy Bookers

Happy Bookers Page Trades List

NOTE: This is a list thread, so please post listings only.

This thread will let everyone have the fun of creating a circle journal without the timetable of mailings that cj groups follow. If you are already in a circle journal group, you can get extra pages for your journals easily, as well, by signing on to accept pages from traders not part of your circle group. If you are not in a cj group, consider joining one to fill your journal faster!

How’s the swap work?

It works as a clearinghouse - rather like an online dating service! You create your ‘ad’ listing your journal and what you want. Others read your ad and contact you to arrange a trade. The two of you work out the details any way you wish and you’re in business!

Here’s what you do:
    1. Prepare your ‘ad’ for the swap thread.
    2. Consider what you want or don’t want in your journal.
    - Are there any art techniques you want to encourage - or exclude?
    - Are you open to art that is openly religious, edgy, suggestive, political, or irreverent?
    3. Note pertinent info: theme, size of page, number of pages per artist, your country (so swappers can check postage costs).
    4. Decide whether you are willing to accept an international trade or want to keep the mailings within your own country only.
    5. Then, just post your ‘ad’ here as an invitation to other artists to trade pages with you!

Then what?
    Everyone is free to browse the ad listings. When you find one that interests you, send a private message to the person and arrange the trade details between the two of you, just as you would for any 1-1 trade. That’s all there is to it!

Not sure how to word your listing?
    Here’s a sample:
    Jean: Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada.
    Theme: Rain
    Details: 8x8 journal, 2-page spread per artist (1 of them to include artist info)
    Accepting: All techniques, as long as original work neatly done, and INTERNATIONAL trades
    Not accepting: work that is religious, political, edgy.
    Comments: I love the rain...golden windows on a grey rainy day...wet streets....puddle reflections. I love to see people hurrying by with umbrellas or huddled in doorways to get out of the rain. I want my journal to be a beautiful celebration of rainy days!
    What I can do in return: I love collage, watercolour and drawing. Check my gallery for samples of my work.”

So, what are you waiting for? Post your journal and invite artists to trade pages with you!

Got Questions? Just pm me!
    jean
    Last edited by Jean; 02-29-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised - Chinua Achebe
    Etsy Watercolor PIF thread My Website

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Binka; The Netherlands.
    Theme: Australia

Details: 8x8 journal, 2-page spread per artist (1 of them to include artist info)

Accepting: All techniques, as long as original work neatly done, and INTERNATIONAL trades (do I have a choise?? lol)

Not accepting: work that is religious, political, edgy.

Comments: Anything related to Australia is great. The landscape, the animals, aboriginal art ect.

What I can do in return: Handdrawn and digital made pages. I really can't do anything in collage...
    Proud mama!
    My fb page (and I can use some likes.... )

3. Likes kehlenn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

My Add For - 1 on 1 Journal Page Trades!

Not Trading at this time!
    Last edited by Robin; 09-24-2013 at 07:29 PM.

5. Likes kehlenn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanya, Arkansas, USA

Size: 8x8

1 or 2 page spreads: Art on front, artist info on back.

Theme: Dark and creepy in your own style, whatever that might be. As in, if you enjoy doing manga pages, then by all means do (same goes for any style you might enjoy doing whether it's cute or steampunk or whimsical or whatever). Anything goes as long as you put a dark/creepy/macabre edge to it. I love all things Halloween & DOTD and spooky.

*And in return I am willing to try most anything you'd like. Any theme, any size.
    I'm a HD artist & willing to trade for any medium as long as it's done with care.
    Last edited by TF Balding; 09-24-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Updating....

7. Likes kehlenn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monica: Lelystad, the Netherlands
    Theme 1: Witches & Warlocks/Wizards
    Theme 2: Orchids
    Theme 3: Mushrooms

Details: 8x8 journal, 1 page front side only or 2 page spread (include artist info on the back)
    Accepting: hand drawn/hand painted
    Not accepting: work that is political, gore, edgy.
    Comments: please sign your work and leave artist info on the back
    What I can do in return: "I do HD/HP pages, mostly in polycolor pencil or combined with markers and sharpies but I'm willing to try collage. Check my gallery for samples of my work.”
    Last edited by Nicky; 05-23-2013 at 04:51 AM.
    Seeya , Nicky

9. Likes kehlenn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Still up for journal page trades. 9/22/2018

I'm located in the Redwoods of Mendocino County, California.

Theme 1: Halloween, link (not Kiddie Cutesy)
    Theme 2: Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Pretty much any holiday for any country but if it is not easily recognized I would like a little description included)
    Theme 3: Fantasy link (almost anything imaginary fits here including but not limited to... dragons, mermaids, SciFi , Star Trek scenes, Space Aliensand sureal landscapes, Steampunk, etc etc etc)

Details: 8x8 pages, 1 page or 2 page spread (front side only, artist info on the back)
    Accepting: Only Flat Work, Nudity is ok, Some gore for Halloween theme is ok, No embellishments.
    Not accepting: No Embillishments, nothing political or sexual. Also it may be art, but I never understood Picasso's work so don't get that kind of artistic on me please. LOL
    Comments: sign your username (and realname if you want) on the front and leave artist info on the back
    What I can do in return: I am mostly doing HD/HP pages, but I'm willing to collage as well.