Thread: #10~Revolution~ary Moley Exchange 1st mail Nov.1st

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#10~Revolution~ary Moley Exchange 1st mail Nov.1st

# 10... Revolution-ary Moley Exchange! FULL
    First mail-by date: November 1, 2010
    FULL

Subsequent mail-by dates: December 1, 2010, *, 2011, February 1, 2011, March 1, 2011, April 1, 2011, May1,2011, June 1, 2011, July 1 ,2011, August 1, 2011, September 1, 2011 & October 1, 2011. Mark your calendar NOW!
    Due back in hand: October 2011
    *Please note the December/January extended mailing time
    # of Participants: 10
    Withdraw by: WITHDRAWALS NOT ALLOWED after October 1, 2010
    Materials required: One blank Moleskine JAPANESE pocket album. Size is roughly 3.5" x 5.5". Find on Amazon here. http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Japa...974&sr=8-1Find at MoleskineUS here. http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

You're responsible for:
    •Choosing and explaining your theme.
    •Creating a four (4) page spread (3+ pages in some cases) in each journal you receive.
    •Shipping to the next artist participant.
    •Paying for First Class mail and MANDATORY tracking/Delivery Confirmation.
    •Theme: Artist's choice. You may choose "No theme" if you want participants to "follow their muse."

PARTICIPANTS & THEMES
    Thank you Julie for giving us the kewl links for our themes....YOU so totally rock!
    1. Sharazoid - Carnivals, Circus Sideshows, Freaks & Oddball Oddities
    2. camcas - 'the vagrant gypsy life'
    3. AKmamaof2 -In Search of Atlantis ~ A Days Dive.
    4. ArteDar - Famous Woman's Quotes on Red, Black and White color combo
    5. RedHeartStudio - STARBUCKS
    6. Grrrdjules - They Draw and Cook (actual recipe is secondary to the art)
    7. goodmorningstarshine - "Things Lurking in Forest: Dark Fairytales in Rainbow (some overlap welcome)
    8. kristinized - "Kitty Halloween Fun Carnival"
    9. DebbaPeot - Love, Home, and Adoption. (some overlap welcome)
    10. lkastello - Time ( refrain from the following- satan/demons, gore, sex, witchcraft.)

After you purchase your moleys, fill out and decorate the first non-accordion pages with your name, address, and travel plan (as soon as I figure it out), and decorate the cover if you so desire. Then, the first 3 pages are all yours! This is a good time to establish your theme and color scheme and give people a jumping-off point! There are some other moley exchanges in this forum if you'd like to see what other people have done, and there's a great group on Flickr, moly_x, with gobs and gobs of sticky eye candy! Yum!

MOLEY TRAVEL pg 38 post=745 CLICK HERE FOR MOLEYS TRAVELS
    TRAVEL PLANS
    Please note that the order of mailing will differ for each journal. Yes, this is absolutely more confusing than mailing to the same artist after each round of creating. The reasons behind jostling the order of mailing are (1) To keep the swap lively and challenging, by changing the person you're "working toward" in each round; and (2) To balance shipping costs across all participants, so no one player ships ONLY internationally to the next player in each round
    REQUIREMENTS
    Because this swap requires a huge, very long-term commitment of time and resources, and because it is absolute heartbreak when a journal goes missing (unfortunately, it happens), there are special requirements for participation in a swap of this type.
    UPDATED TUE. 11-02-10
    PINK = ACTIVE. Actively working on pages.
    GREEN = TRAVELING. Journal en route to next player.
    TURQUOISE = Completed.

key= working on/in possession of in transit from Completed

MOLEY TRAVELS PG 38 POST #745 CLICK THIS LINK FOR UPDATES

1-grrdjules - lkastello - Sharazoid - DebbaPeot - AKmamaof2 - camcas - ArteDar - gmss - RedHeartStudio - kristinized - grrrdjules
    2 - Sharazoid - grrrdjules - AKmamaof2 - lkastello - ArteDar - DebbaPeot - RedHeartStudio - camcas - kristinized - gmss - Sharazoid
    3 - AKmamaof2 - Sharazoid - ArteDar - grrrdjules - RedHeartStudio - lkastello - kristinized - DebbaPeot - gmss - camcas - AKmamaof2
    4 -ArteDar - AKmamaof2 - RedHeartStudio - Sharazoid - kristinized - grrrdjules - gmss - lkastello - camcas - DebbaPeot - ArteDar
    5 - RedHeartStudio - ArteDar - kristinized - AKmamaof2 - gmss - Sharazoid - camcas - grrrdjules - DebbaPeot - lkastello - RedHeartStudio
    6 - kristinized - RedHeartStudio - gmss - ArteDar - camcas - AKmamaof2 - DebbaPeot - Sharazoid - lkastello - grrrdjules - kristinized
    7 - gmss - kristinized - camcas - RedHeartStudio - DebbaPeot - ArteDar - lkastello - AKmamaof2 - grrrdjules - Sharazoid - gmss
    8 - camcas - gmss - DebbaPeot - kristinized - lkastello - RedHeartStudio - grrrrdjules - ArteDar - Sharazoid - AKmamaof2 - camcas
    9 - DebbaPeot - camcas - lkastello - gmss - grrrdjules - kristinized - Sharazoid - RedHeartStudio - AKmamaof2 - ArteDar - DebbaPeot
    10 - lkastello - DebbaPeot - grrrdjules - camcas - Sharazoid - gmss - AKmamaof2 - kristinized - ArteDar - RedHeartStudio - lkastello

You Must:
    •Be an actively trading AFA member (defined as: positive iTrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    •Have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    •Have an iTrader rating of 25+
    •Be willing and able to do your very best work on a strict, inflexible time line, over a long period
    •Be willing and able to complete three (3) 3x5 journal pages in the themes chosen by your fellow participants
    •Have the cash resources necessary to ship eight journals around the world using First Class mail with mandatory tracking

1. Buy a Japanese Accordion moleskine, choose a theme & post to the thread.
    2. Decorate the first pages and include your travel plan, name, and address, decorate the cover if you wish.
    3. Fill the first 3 pages of your own moley with your chosen theme.
    4. Ship your moley to the first person on your travel plan by 10/31/10.
    5. Wait eagerly for your first moley to appear in your mailbox!
    6. Post pictures of your art as you complete it so we can all ooooh and aaaaaah!!

NEED TO KNOW

When finished, each journal will be full!
    All page elements must be flat (or mostly flat.) Nothing hanging off the edges either, please.
    A Round Robin of this type is time consuming and not inexpensive, and requires your very best work. So please be absolutely certain you have both the resource of time, and the resource of cash, to participate through October 2011, before signing up.
    Once you've committed, withdrawals are not allowed after October 1, 2010

Random Regulations:
    * Mailing must be done with either the priority flat rate envelope or small box with delivery confirmation for the US participants. International participants should use their equivalent! Please protect your moley with a bubble envelope/bubble wrap and plastic bag!
    * PM your recipient before mailing to make sure they're ready to receive the moley and don't already have one. We need to try to keep one moley per person as much as possible!
    * I will keep a master list of all participants' mailing addresses, email addresses, and other contact information throughout this whole thing, just in case!

HOW TO JOIN
    •Please indicate your chosen theme. Please post at length about your theme when you sign up. Discuss color palettes and subject matter. Include photos or links if you'd like to direct participants with even more specificity. I'll create a link to your theme description in the Participant list, for easy future reference.
    •Please send me your address and telephone numbers ( even if you think I may already have it)I'll be creating a mailing list of swap participants which I'll distribute via PM. I will also keep it on file for when you lose it.

Ladies in waiting:
    Last edited by ArteDar; 12-03-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Changed group #

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh how exciting!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The travel chart is mostly done (thanks to camcas), 'cept for a bit of tweaking... so, here we go kids! Look forward to hearing everyone's themes. Yay!

Shara, could you copy and paste this into the #3 post of this thread (which is your's) It will make it easier for the players to find. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sharazoid; 07-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Now hosting That 70's Swap II - So You Wanna Be a Rock n' Roll Star

Domino Jewelry, MM Art, Mandalas ACEOs & more!
    www.SoulCircles.etsy.com
    15% discount on all purchases using code AfA2012 at checkout

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!!! WOOT WOOT!! I am SOOOO excited! I have been eagerly waiting for this to open!! I have my theme and will post it here in a bit. What a great crew we have!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOOLEY DOOLEY HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    At last I am in a moley group..HOOOOOOOPPLLLAAA!!!!!!!!
    just a tad excited.
    So my theme is 'the vagrant gypsy life'
    I am happy for any aspects of " old Bohemia':gypsy caravans,gypsy clothing and textiles,crystal balls, palmistry, fortune telling ,tarot cards , campfires ,wild dancing ,horse rustling-all that Romatntic type stuff...but also open to any serious stuff about Romany culture if anyone wants to go that way.
    I love all colours and all styles,funny or serious,happy or sad,glamorous or faded and tawdry....ahhhh the vagrant gypsy life...!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    and then I think I want to pick Che Guevara as my theme given the title of the thread-or Bastille day...LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES! I'm totally excited and pretty sure about my theme, just have to check a few things.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking. I'm a waitlist lurker.

*Juli fangirl*
    brains.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always miss these things! They fill up so fast...
    Been away for a while. I'm still around, though. I love AFA!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woohhhoooooo! Got my first Moley bought and decorated the front! I'm gearing up for this Moley Moley fu!
    My theme is: Love, Home, and Adoption. *Anything goes! No color theme. I will have a card in the back pocket about my theme.

Waahhhhoooooooooo! Can't wait!
    *CreATe* DrAw* ImAGinE* LoVE * sMiLe* lAUgH* hUG*

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love your theme camcas, and as I look into my crystal ball, I am seeing some gypsy love in your future!!!
    DebbaPeot - that is a sweet theme, I am going to enjoy brainstorming for that one!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My theme is: In Search of Atlantis ~ A Days Dive.

I'm making a Divers Manifest for the Artist Travel List, and in the back is a Divers Log for the artists to sign when their done. I haven't decided what to put in the pocket in the back yet.

The first few pages that I am doing are of a diver starting out in the morning on his/her dive. SO you will see above and below water. For the bulk of the moley, I want all artwork to illustrate all the wonders that can be seen on the dive at various depths in the ocean. So for example, towards the middle can be the deepest darkest parts of the ocean. Or maybe that is where bits of Atlantis are visible. Or at least signs that Atlantis is there. Then towards the end the diver gradually resurfaces, so that on the last pages he/she is coming back up to the surface, but it is now night time. I want it to look as if ALL the divers adventures, from all the artists, happened in one day!!

That is the vein in which I would like it, but the WHAT you put in the water is ALL up to you!!!

Some ideas: Sea creatures great and small, imagined and/or real. Mermaids and mermen, merfolk of any kind. Colorful coral beds and urchins, etc.. Hidden treasures. Random coins or goblets strewn across the ocean floor. Old style divers heltmets that were left behind by the last poor diver who get close to finding Atlantis. Giant squids or octopus. Sea monster(s). Jellyfish all shapes and sizes. Perhaps some fossils of mamoth tusks! Ancient ruins. Maybe even a UFO that crash landed. The Seas the limit! There has to be at least one SHARK, as my 4 yr old son is obsessed with sharks!!! And if there is at least one mermaid, then my daughter would be pleased as punch too!

I like the blending of the pages between artists…as long as it’s a subtle one (please leave the next artist enough room to work on their page). This is NOT required though.... If you want to stick with your three pages, then do so.

I found this website that has lots of intersting "evidence" and theory of the whereabouts of Atlantis. It gave me lots of ideas.
    Last edited by HotMamaRama; 10-09-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty unique and cool!
    brains.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent themes so far camcas, Deba and AKmamaof2!! I'm still thinking of mine, I was thinking of "Kitty Halloween Fun Carnival" since it combines several things I love with kitties in costumes maybe trick or treating or going to a haunted house at a carnival. Evil clowns may or may not show up depending on the mood of the artist. I'm not sure yet though.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, this what I'd like to do. It can be as easy or as complicated as you want really. These are incredible examples of the possibilities: They Draw and Cook

I would just add a little list of stuff I don't want like lentils, coconut, game etc. What do you think?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, as if I wasn't excited enough, now I am spinning with ideas reading what everyone's themes are!!!! I love the Kitty Halloween carnival idea! So many fun things you can do with that. And Jules, OMG - that is SOOO cool! I can't wait to see what that is going to look like when it is finished!! I LOVE that PIE AND PLUMS one!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gurls SLAY ME! I have to wonder where your minds are and how you come up with all these rock~my~world themes! I'm glad we have this started....it will help me feel and act positive and do what I love most....arty play.
    I'll do my very best to stay tuned in here once a day....but family has been pulling me closer to them, which is okay....but enough already!.....so if I miss a day here and there I know you'll understand.

I'm still thinking of my theme....I just adore too many things!

I'll get the "let's play tag/name chasing" part of the swap up soon....once our gal has it ready for me. I need to mention, I'm not the only one hosting this.....we have many hands in this and I think it will make it all the better....right?!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...I am in!!!
    I am still pondering all the possiblities for my theme.....I will post that soon!! Got my moleskine ordered should be here in a few days!! This is my first moley exchange and I am super duper excited!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I blinked & there are already themes abounding. Loving them! My theme will be:

Carnivals, Circus Sideshows, Freaks & Oddball Oddities.

I want lots of weirdness and color. Old timey circus posters and freak show posters are great for inspiration. Also, ferris wheels, sideshow barkers, chorus girls, one-eyed wonders, elephants, monkeys...even a few zombies are fine (though don't let 'em take over). I want this playful (not gruesome). color & fun, fun, fun!

My absolute fave kid's book is called "The Circus Is Coming" by Hilary Knight. It has the most luscious pictures, with so much vibrance & detail! here is a link to the cover http://www.knight.pagebooks.net/knig..._is_coming.jpg
    Also, adore Cirque de Soleil and that whole surreal style. Fellini images are great as well. Also, ferris wheels, tilt-a-whirl, carousels, old timey calliopes...Go wild with your imagination. Transport me!

So excited to create for all of you and see what you can do for me. Yay!
    Last edited by Sharazoid; 11-01-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    Now hosting That 70's Swap II - So You Wanna Be a Rock n' Roll Star

Domino Jewelry, MM Art, Mandalas ACEOs & more!
    www.SoulCircles.etsy.com
    15% discount on all purchases using code AfA2012 at checkout

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love you Sharazoid.