Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: #10~Revolution~ary Moley Exchange 1st mail Nov.1st

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jules- that theme ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I love that site- especially the one with the little grannies making plum pie!!!!
    And Shaz...seriously you want Fellini-???I saw Satyricon [sp?] back in the day ...seriously W-E-I-R-D..... but ya know a girl can have whateva she wants in her moley!!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and Trina...I am O blood type and I guess you could say that I am among the "white races of Polynesia" so I obviously must have a relative from Atlantis....off to check the family photo box!!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    cami- just giving you all ideas to work from. I am all about the visual aesthetic. Siamese twins, the fat lady... I want a world of dreams (sorta). I love your gyspie theme, too. I played for a while in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronisms), a medieval reenactment group. My persona was a gypsie & I studied a bit of Romany lore, so I can relate. Have you ever heard of/seen a movie called Leche Drom? It was a fabulous documentary on gypsies around the world (including some who lived in trees). It is mostly told through music & visuals. There is also one called Romany Drom, which is more about the lineage & the gypsie trail. You should check your video shop (or netflix or whatever you have over there). So worth checking out!
    Now hosting That 70's Swap II - So You Wanna Be a Rock n' Roll Star

Domino Jewelry, MM Art, Mandalas ACEOs & more!
    www.SoulCircles.etsy.com
    15% discount on all purchases using code AfA2012 at checkout

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - So is my husband and dd, so maybe you two are related. He loves the show Stargate Atlantis, and now I know why. It's in his blood!

Quote Originally Posted by camcas View Post
    Oh and Trina...I am O blood type and I guess you could say that I am among the "white races of Polynesia" so I obviously must have a relative from Atlantis....off to check the family photo box!!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am seeing everyones outrageous themes and now feel silly! LOL My hubby said I wasn't creative enough! Rude! LOL I guess I'll just stick with this theme and maybe get some great things!
    So here is my break down of my theme: Love Home Adoption

Someway or sometime we have all been affected by one of these three words.

Love: whether it is true love, lost love, heartaches, wishful love, ultimate love, sacrificing love, tragedy in love.

Home: Your home, your nest, your safety zone, home life...chaos, shelter, fun, favorite home, emotions.

Adoption: Whether you know someone who is adopted, wanting to adopt, is a birthmother, are adoptive parents, and including adopting a pet!

You don't have to create a page on all three, you can select just one or two of them. Any color, anything goes! It's your ride!
    *CreATe* DrAw* ImAGinE* LoVE * sMiLe* lAUgH* hUG*

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay all! I have a question for those of you who have done Moleys forEVER!
    What kind of pen or ink do you or can you use in the Moleys. I see that there is so many people use different ones, but it still confuses me as to what would be the best to use. (I tried prismacolors- went right through the dang paper! I also see you can't use water colors, but yet you can use watercolor pencils?)
    Help to a Moley newbie????

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too am a moley newbie and was wondering what the media rules are too. I have see other moley done with everything from just pencil to paint even mixed media collage...do we have a media preference for our group? very excited bout this too bTW!!!

and I am still tossing around theme ideas....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think basically you don't want the panels to stick together. There was some discussion as to grounds etc in the #8 exchange group. I wouldn't worry about show-through on the back since all that goes there is your name, signature etc. If you use pastels or something smudge prone then you'll have to spray it . I'm still going to use papers and glue and all those goodies :-)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodie....I love you jules!! Thanks <3

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea! Thanks Grrds!! LOL Hugs!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still thinking! I know I want a specific color scheme....please don't hate me for this....RED, BLACK and WHITE. I know I also want something to read in each layout and was thinking a quote from a famous woman. Now, if the quote leads you to a design all the better, if not I'm open to anything your heart desires. I have received some amazing art using that color combo and I just get all excited when I see it together....silly huh?

lkastello Guest
    I'm thinking..........I'm thinking.....................
    I will have something solid toooooommmmmmmmoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooo oowwwwwwwwwwwww!
    HUGS!
    Lisa

...very EXCITED...slightly overwhelmed...totally committed or need to be committed...nice little jacket...shiney buckles...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ArteDar, I could never hate you....you are a girl after my own heart!!! That is what I was thinking too....those are my fave colors and love them together!! I am also think just a red theme...artist choice on theme design etc....but the main color is red. Oh so many theme options!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbaPeot View Post
    ...So here is my break down of my theme: Love Home Adoption
    I personally love this theme, My dad adopted me when I was 5; I have experienced all forms of love - good bad and ugly; and home or lack there of, can cover a gammet of things. I think we can all get really creative with this one. I know I have idea flowing already - so I hope you keep it as is!!

Quote Originally Posted by DebbaPeot View Post
    Okay all! I have a question for those of you who have done Moleys forEVER!
    What kind of pen or ink do you or can you use in the Moleys. I see that there is so many people use different ones, but it still confuses me as to what would be the best to use. (I tried prismacolors- went right through the dang paper! I also see you can't use water colors, but yet you can use watercolor pencils?)
    Help to a Moley newbie????
    I've been playing in a different moley and yes, copics and prisma markers go right through unless you gesso first, but then you don't get the same blending effects as if you work directly on the paper. BUt Jules is right, since no one is going to be doing anything to the backs, it shouldn't matter. JUST BE SURE to put something (waxpaper/ couple of pieces of scrap paper) BEHIND the pages you are working on so it doesn't bleed through to other pages or the cover of the moley. When I have used copic markers on one side, I just gesso the back of the page and do pastels or something on the other side.
    I do use my prisma watercolor pencils A LOT in my moley and it works fine. But, I generally don't do a very big wash of water. I use one of those water pen/brushes. Not sure what they are really called, but you fill up the handle with water and it has a brush tip and the water flows from the inside into the brush.

Quote Originally Posted by ArteDar View Post
    I'm still thinking! I know I want a specific color scheme....please don't hate me for this....RED, BLACK and WHITE.
    I have been thinking of doing a black, white, red (or orange) theme for my next swap!! Love those colors together! Such power colors! I like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by lkastello View Post
    I'm thinking..........I'm thinking.....................
    I will have something solid toooooommmmmmmmoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooo oowwwwwwwwwwwww!
    HUGS!
    Lisa
    ...very EXCITED...slightly overwhelmed...totally committed or need to be committed...nice little jacket...shiney buckles...
    LOL - little jacket, shiny buckles! LOL - No Rush, it will come to you! I started making a brainstorm list and went with the one that generated the most ideas.
    Last edited by HotMamaRama; 09-30-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking of doing a black, white, red (or orange) theme for my next swap!! Love those colors together! Such power colors! I like it!!
    Trina my love....I sooooo want in if you do a swap in those colors!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that some of you are already starting on your moleys. Just a word: The mailing order list may change, so don't ink it into your book just yet. The first person you mail to will not change (except for whoever was mailing to wildholly, as she has dropped out). Looks like GoodMorningStarShine will fill her space. Just waiting for confirmation.

So exciting to hear all of these themes & ideas flowing.
    Now hosting That 70's Swap II - So You Wanna Be a Rock n' Roll Star

Domino Jewelry, MM Art, Mandalas ACEOs & more!
    www.SoulCircles.etsy.com
    15% discount on all purchases using code AfA2012 at checkout

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey you guys have an AMAZING group together!!! I cannot wait to se all the cool stuff you do! Very cool themes too!Have fun!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    AHHH!!!!! AHHH!!!! FLIPPING FANTASTIC!!!
    brains.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I have two favorite all time themes...dark fairy tales and creepy carnivals/circus'. I'm going to go with the dark fairy tales theme. I know it's been done (by Cindyjob, btw), but it hasn't been done for me.

When I say that I want dark fairy tales what I really mean is eerie. So nothing gorey or really really dark, but there is something lurking beneath the surface. The type of thing that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end.

Anyway, let me sum it up with my title: "Things Lurking in the Woods: Dark Fairy Tales"
    brains.

lkastello Guest
    ok...so I have been thinking...the three mainstays in my life are-

God
    my husband
    and time

I believe in everyone’s right to freedom of religion...so that would not be a unified theme...
    I don't intend on sharing my husband...even for the purpose of the holy moley...
    sooooooooo

Time it is!
    (I can see ArteDar in my mindseye...can you say 'steampunk'...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

Time has been defined as the continuum in which events occur in succession from the past to the present and on to the future.[1] Time has also been defined as a one-dimensional quantity[2] used to sequence events, to quantify the durations of events and the intervals between them, and (used together with other quantities such as space) to quantify and measure the motions of objects and other changes.[3] Time is quantified in comparative terms (such as longer, shorter, faster, quicker, slower) or in numerical terms using units (such as seconds, minutes, hours, days). Time has been a major subject of religion, philosophy, and science, but defining it in a non-controversial manner applicable to all fields of study has consistently eluded the greatest scholars.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/time

1) time (noun)
    2) time (verb)
    3) time (adjective)

time and a half (noun)
    time bomb (noun)
    time capsule (noun)
    time card (noun)
    time chart (noun)
    time clock (noun)
    time-consuming (adjective)
    time dilation (noun)
    time exposure (noun)
    time frame (noun)
    time-honored (adjective)
    time immemorial (noun)
    time killer (noun)
    time lag (noun)
    time-lapse (adjective)
    time line (noun)
    time lock (noun)
    time machine (noun)
    time-of-flight (adjective)
    time-out (noun)
    time out of mind
    time reversal (noun)
    time-saving (adjective)
    time series (noun)
    time-sharing (noun)
    time sheet (noun)
    time signature (noun)

1time
    noun \ˈtīm\
    Definition of TIME
    1a : the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : DURATION b : a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future c : LEISURE <time for reading>
    2: the point or period when something occurs : OCCASION
    3a : an appointed, fixed, or customary moment or hour for something to happen, begin, or end <arrived ahead of time> b : an opportune or suitable moment <decided it was time to RETIRE> —often used in the phrase about time <about time for a change>
    4a : a historical period : AGE b : a division of geologic chronology c : conditions at present or at some specified period —usually used in plural <times are hard> <move with the times> d : the present time <issues of the time>
    5a : LIFETIME b : a period of apprenticeship c : a term of military service d : a prison sentence
    6: SEASON <very hot for this time of year>
    7a : rate of speed : TEMPO b : the grouping of the beats of music : RHYTHM
    8a : a moment, hour, day, or year as indicated by a clock or CALENDAR <what time is it> b : any of various systems (as sidereal or solar) of reckoning time
    9a : one of a series of recurring instances or repeated actions <you've been told many times> b plural (1) : added or accumulated quantities or instances <five times greater> (2) : equal fractional parts of which an indicated number equal a comparatively greater quantity <seven times smaller> <three times closer> c : TURN <three times at bat>
    10: finite as contrasted with infinite duration
    11: a person's experience during a specified period or on a particular occasion <a good time> <a hard time>
    12a : the hours or days required to be occupied by one's work <make up time> <on COMPANY time> b : an hourly pay rate <straight time> c : wages paid at discharge or resignation <pick up your time and get out>
    13a : the playing time of a game b : TIME-OUT 1
    14: a period during which something is used or available for use <COMPUTER time>
    — at the same time
    : NEVERTHELESS, YET <slick and at the same time strangely unprofessional — Gerald Weaks>
    — at times
    : at intervals : OCCASIONALLY
    — for the time being
    : for the present
    — from time to time
    : once in a while : OCCASIONALLY
    — in no time
    : very quickly or soon
    — in time
    1: sufficiently early
    2: EVENTUALLY
    3: in correct tempo <LEARN to play in time>
    — on time
    1a : at the appointed time
    b : on schedule
    2: on the installment plan
    — time and again
    : FREQUENTLY, REPEATEDLY

Examples of TIME
    The two events were separated by time and space.
    The poem is a reflection on the passage of time.
    What was happening at that particular moment in time?
    It has been that way since the beginning of time.
    If only I could TRAVEL back in time and do things differently.
    They were given a relatively short amount of time to finish the job.
    The situation has been getting more complicated as time goes by .
    happening for an extended period of time
    Would you prefer the meeting to be at an earlier time?
    Feel free to call me at any time, day or night.
    Origin of TIME
    Middle English, from Old English tīma; akin to Old Norse tīmi time, Old English tīd — more at TIDE
    First Known Use: before 12th century

Related to TIME
    Synonyms: moment, occasion
    Related Words: flash, instant, jiffy, minute, second, shake, split second, trice, twinkle, wink; bit, space, spell, stretch, Near Antonyms: bore, bummer, bust, downer, drag

Websites (a few…there are obviously tons)
    http://thinkexist.com/quotations/time/
    http://www.quotegarden.com/time.html
    http://quotations.about.com/cs/moretypes/a/bls_time.htm
    http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/time/
    http://www.justquoted.com/time-quotes.htm

PS- I do not have a color preference and I celebrate your artistic muse...
    I would like to make one small request...please refrain from the following- satan/demons, gore, sex, witchcraft.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by lkastello; 10-01-2010 at 09:07 AM.