View Poll Results: Should we move a little faster?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay with once a month mailing on the first Monday of each month.

3 100.00%
  • Shorten our time to having the books for only two weeks.

0 0%
  • Other: any different suggestions? Submit ideas in the Thread and title as Poll suggestion.

0 0%
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #11 ...Moley 2011

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#11 ...Moley 2011

#11 ….. Moley 2011

THIS SWAP IS FULL

GENERAL INFORMATION:
    Withdrawals not allowed after November 15th
    (The Cyber Police will not allow anyone to drop you will be stalked for life)
    First mail date Jan 3, subsequent mail by dates will be the first of each month, if that falls on a Sunday the 2nd.
    Moley’s due back to owner August 2011. Another year almost down the drain…wow.
    Materials required: APPROX. 3.5”” x 5.5” Japanese pocket Moley (according)
    Themes: I need ASAP (by Nov 17th) If you aren’t sure about your theme we can discuss it in the thread if you like.

YOU are responsible for:
    • Choosing, defining and explaining your theme clearly.
    • Each Moley owner will decorate and fill out the first page with your name, address and travel plan (I will provide this to you). The first three pages are yours. This will set the mood for others to follow.
    • All participating artist will start on the third pullout page and create on 4 pages. “Owner” please indicate to your artist if you want their art work to overlap or not.
    • Shipping to the next artist participant on time is so very IMPORTANT.
    • If “life” happens and you are going to be late mailing please let the artist expecting to receive the book and me know what’s going on. We must be in contact at all times.
    • Paying for First Class mail and MANDATORY tracking/Delivery Confirmation.
    • Theme: Artist Choice. Each artist may choose “No Theme” if they want participants to “follow their own muse.” Remember to be very clear if you want them to follow a theme.
    • Letting your artist know if you want drawing only, mixed media, college etc.
    • Page elements should be mostly flat.
    • A lot of time and effort will be put into these works of art so please be diligent in caring for them. (Putting a retainer down on the firing squad next week, should they become essential for completion of the swap).
    • “Mailing” Either priority flat rate envelope or small box with delivery confirmation. **UPDATE: Bubble envies would be okay too....what ever is #1 best protection #2 cheapest tracking
    • PM your intended artist the book is on the way and “artist” please let the thread know it has arrived. I will keep track of mailing dates etc.
    • One Moley per person is the way we want and need to keep the swap going.
    • I need each person’s mailing addresses, phone numbers and email addresses throughout the process. I will give mine to each of you as well.
    AGAIN remember communication is key.
    • If you have ANY questions about your artist’s theme contact him or her BEFORE you start working in it.
    • What does everyone think about including a photo and business card (if you have one) in the end pocket so we can see who has created wonderful art in our books. Or you could attach them to the back of your pages.

BOOKS ARE ARRIVING HOME....THIS HAS BEEN SO FUN AND CAN'T BELIEVE 8 MONTHS HAS PASSED.

DaDa's Book HAS RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND
    Bob Florence - finished
    Gkovats - finished
    Joes lines - finished
    Kristinized - finished
    Genxster - finished
    Nuttynanner -- finished
    Terryart -- finished

Bob's Book HAS RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND
    Gkovats – finished
    Joes line – finished
    Kristinized - finished
    Genxster - finished
    Nuttynanner -- finished
    Terryart -- finished
    DaDa --finished

gkovat's Book: HAS RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND
    Joes lines -- finished
    Kristinized -- finished
    Genxster -- finished
    Nuttynanner -- finished
    Terryart -- finished
    DaDa -- finished
    Bob Florence -- finished

Joe Lines HAS RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND
    Kristinized – finished
    Genxster – finished
    Nuttynanner - finished
    Terryart - finished
    DaDa -- finished
    Bob Florence --finished
    Gkovats -- finished

Kristinized's Book:HAS RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND
    Genxster – finished
    Nuttynanner - finished
    Terryart - finished
    DaDa - finished
    Bob Florence -- finished
    Gkovats -- finished
    Joes lines -- finished

Genxster's Book:
    Nuttynanner -- finished
    Terryart – finished
    DaDa - finished
    Bob Florence -- finished
    Gkovats -- finished
    Joes lines -- finished
    Kristinized -- finished
    Home -- Headed Home!!

Nanner's Book HAS RETURNED SAFE AND SOUND
    Terryart -- finished
    DaDa -- finished
    Bob Florence - finished
    Gkovats - finished
    Joes lines -- finished
    Kristinized -- finished
    Genxster -- finished

Terryart's Book:
    DaDa – finished
    Bob Florence - finished
    Gkovats -- finished
    Joes lines -- finished
    Kristinized -- finished
    Genxster -- finished
    NuttyNanner -- on it's way to Nanner 8 Oct
    Home
    Last edited by DADAology; 10-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    It isn't if you win or lose, it's how you played the game......YEAH RIGHT!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome guys....I am about to fall asleep and really tired so I will get the travel plan loaded tomorrow. I also still need addresses, phone numbers. I will make a list when I have all the info and send it to you in private message.
    Annette

To help with the "FEAR" factor I would like to request that at least once a week - lets say Sunday or Monday of each week that we all just drop a note in the thread....I'm alive, all is well, life sucks, off to join the circus (pictures required if this is true) - just something to let everyone know that all is okay and on track and PLEASE PLEASE if you are having problems please let us know. THANK YOU......DADA
    Last edited by DADAology; 01-04-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting! Thanks for hosting. Now to conjure a theme....
    My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone...and Merry Christmas! Just in case I forget.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really excited about this! This is my first journal exchange.

I'd like to propose this as my theme. If this isn't ok for a journal exchange, let me know and I can tinker.

Theme: Great Books
    For the journal page, any interpretation of the theme of "great books". This could be a depiction of scenes or characters from great books, authors, or people engaging with great books in some way. I'd like to see some creative approaches too - maybe a battle of the books (think classics vs. moderns, "serious lit" vs. "popular lit"), weird juxtapositions of book characters and plots, etc.

I would like artists' works to overlap and/or bleed over. I’d prefer a significant amount of hand drawn/painted art from each artist, but I don't have a problem with with mixed media or collage (and this theme seems like it could lend itself to some cool collage work). I'd also appreciate text incorporated into the image.
    Last edited by joes lines; 11-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe sounds great....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll post my theme tomorrow, I'm just so happy I can join you guys! Should be fun!!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad you are here too.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My moley theme is going to be based on Poe's poem The Raven. I would like the color scheme to be gray scale (anything from black to gray so light it looks white) plus the color red (crimson/blood red). I was thinking about dividing up the poem per player but I think I will leave it up to each artist to do what she/he wants using ravens, Poe, or lines from the poem in any medium. Here's a link to the poem on Project Gutenburg: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14082.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristinized, that's a great theme!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a travelling journal with a separate group of people and have the most fantastic book as a result. Enjoy this everyone, and you will gasp when your book arrives back in your hands.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a GREAT group and I am gonna lurky lurk so I can see the work you all do...awesome themes so far too!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! I have been off the site for a while [working on some big paintings], but I am so excited to be in this swap...first moley for me, and the first time I have worked in the folding type moleskine...it arrived yesterday, and I am a bit nervous about the whole thing!
    I will give each of your themes my best shot, however! Looking forward to it, and still contemplating my theme...all of yours sound so very cool.
    terryart

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cindy you are more than welcome to lurk....I'm really excited about getting back my first Moley....i love my group of artist...I also am seeing that this is a lot of first Moley's. i know all will be thrilled....yea group.

Joss glad to see you lurking too.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still waiting to join a moley group.... I posted that I am ready to go in the waitlist thread, so I am going to lurk with you all to see the fab art I know you all will do!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been checking out some moleys online, and was BLOWN AWAY by some of the art!
    Anyway, I am still ruminating on a theme, but here is what I have so far...I would welcome some thoughts/feedback from others..."Altered Ancestors" will be the working title...everyone in the group comes up with their very own fantasy ancestor, and illustrates/arts it however they choose...I am thinking that I am descended from a mermaid perhaps...I swim every day and am most happy in/near the water; but then again, I may have had a druid in my lineage, as most of my big paintings are trees!
    Who knows what lurks in YOUR family tree? Wizards, magicians, gypsys, accountants??
    Anyway, let me know what y'all [I am in South Carolina] think!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 Art Lady lurk all you want
    terry a very interesting idea. Your moley is my first spread so I better get to thinking!! yikes.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terryart, that sounds like a cool theme to me. Challenging, but cool.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurkers Welcome.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

oops

Quote Originally Posted by DADAology View Post
    1 Art Lady lurk all you want
    terry a very interesting idea. Your moley is my first spread so I better get to thinking!! yikes.
    I was wrong terry does my book first, I do Bob's.