Bizarre holidays OCTOBER - due JANUARY 17th

I have just had a quick look at October's holidays - does EVERY month have a holiday dedicated to golf?!?!!
There are some really good holidays in this month:
Oct 1 'Magic circles day'
Oct 9 Mouldy cheese day
Oct 12 'International moment of frustration scream day' (perfect for joss)
Oct 14 'Be bald and free day' (I found it quite liberating when I went bald with chemo - it was very interesting the different ways that people reacted to me)
Oct 16 'Dictionary day' (I made a card for this one last year and I only had access to my Chinese/English dictionary)
This is only a few of the holidays that appeal to me at the start of the month, there's the whole rest of the month to explore as well. :spinny::eek:

I look forward to seeing how those come out - I have a number of images buzzing around in my head at the thought and you will probably make pages that look nothing like anything I imagined. That's the fun of zentangles!!

I have just opened the thread for November bizarre holidays - in fact, I was beaten to the punch by a very keen newbie to these holidays. I must be getting slow in my old age (or is it too much pre-Christmas celebrating? :jiggy::nah:)

welcome pami, good to see you back.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas day spent with friends and family - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Yup, am here, after moving house, I am so confused with my swaps, but this is the one for me, and I will definitely be doing a ' frustrated screaming' day (had lots of those in the past 3 weeks!)

joss - those are fantastic. I knew you would come up with a GREAT card for 'moment of frustration scream day' - I felt that moving at Christmas time would put you in the right mood.:P

As joss says - the date for mailing in time is getting very close and I will NOT be waiting for cards - those that do not arrive on time will not be swapped out. Mail deliveries are back to normal in Australia so there are no excuses.
I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone has created for my first swap of the New Year.

I wasn't sure if I would have time to mail these, so I didn't sign up. They will go out tomorrow (hope they make it in 2 weeks!)
October 3 - Virus Appreciation
October 16 - Dictionary Day
October 23 - Mole Day (I preferred to think of the animal rather than a spot on the body!)
October 30 - Candy Corn Day

Last edited:
jo - would you believe that my brother-in-law's birthday is Oct 3rd? I agree with you about moles.

I will miss your cards and you tlsexton - I hope that you can join us for December.

Back
Top Bottom