Photo ATC Swap: Look Out - due Feb. 11th

Tilas, I would rather you use windows of a building. I considered car windows but then decided to stick to building windows.
Mar, as long as they are your photos, taken from a window with part of the window or curtain or window shades, whatever showing, they will work for this swap.

I would love to join in too please.

The due date is far enough away that the postal system in the UK should have more than recovered from the bad weather and Christmas.

Gena, I don't know about Xyron, but I have had good luck using photo mount squares (the kind I use for scrapbooking). I put about 7 squares per card, and they seem to hold very well. I think the concern about the Xyron comes in when the adhesive gets gooey on the edges and gets on your picture. It can ruin them. But I understand there is some sort of adhesive eraser that can grab up that edge glue. (This was explained in another forum, but darned if I can remember which one!)

Can I play? I wanna play! Me too? :jiggy:

I will need some direction on how to glue/adhese/stickum the photo to a cardstock... will xyron do?

And what is the acceptable etiquette for kind of paper to print photo on? Glossy, matte?

Did I make the list of 12? Huh, huh, huh? Did I??? :unsure:

I'm excited! Am I too excited? This will be my first photo swap............ I'm going to get some good snow shots today. We are buried here in Michigan... freezing and buried.

Gena

Gena, I don't know what xyron is, but most of the time I use a glue stick. Kelly prefers a glue spray (Super 77). My preference for photopaper is the glossy one.

Okay, adding Jamie Lynn and genaflatley.
I use cardstock to back my photos sometimes I use a gluestick. sometimes a paper glue, Uhu.

This looks interesting, however I am not quite sure I understand the concept of Photo ATCs.. Are they basically just ATCsized photographs (backed properly), on the given theme?

Yes, exactly. Nothing is added. Either your photo is ATC-sized or your backing is. I use wallet-size for my photos when i print them and so I need to have ATC-sized backs for them.

Yes, exactly. Nothing is added. Either your photo is ATC-sized or your backing is. I use wallet-size for my photos when i print them and so I need to have ATC-sized backs for them.

Thanks Nancy for your explanation! I'd have to see whether our photo printing services here do walletsize photos, never seen those here before I don't think. But I need to order a stash of wedding photos from foto.com anyway to make thank-you cards and I know they got the smaller sizes so I might just get some from there.

There are unlimited slots...just leave your camera by a window ....I've missed seeing your name, Penlowe.

Gena, on photo edges, that's your choice---either extend photo to edge or have a white edge. I have only figured out how to do wallet-size photos on my print program so my photos aren't ATC-sized. I use cardstock that is the right size and back my photos with it.
My program may very well have something to size photos to your choice of size. I do what's easiest to remembeber.

Back
Top Bottom