Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: #13 Japanese Moleskine exchange - party time - 2011

goatgoddess is offline every artist was first an amateur - ralph waldo emerson
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#13 Japanese Moleskine exchange - party time - 2011

another new molie group for 2011

Mixed media - International - theme tbd

who is still looking to be in a group?

this swap requires a huge amount of your time – there will be no withdrawls once you are accepted into the circle. Be very sure you are ready to take this on both in time and money – you will be looking at an 8 mth commitment.
    you will need a Japanese Album Pocket Moleskine, you can find them at http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Japa...3706515&sr=8-1 and also at http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

The rules that will keep us all happy <G>

*You Promise that you will see this thru to the end – no flaking allowed!
    *You must be an actively trading member (defined as: positive iTrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    *You must have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    *You have an iTrader rating of 25+
    *You are willing and able to do your very best work
    *you will mail on time – the 1st of each month.
    *You must ship eight journals around the world using MANDATORY tracking/Delivery Confirmation – no media mail

If something unforseen (major major stuff not just getting behind) you are willing to send the journal ahead and have it come back at the end when you are able to work on it - this will only be allowed on a trail by trail basis.
    you are willing to share your mailing info, a phone number and list a contact person - this is to be sure no journals go MIA - info will only be shared with your fellow circle members - it's truely Heartbreaking when a journal is lost forever due to a member going MIA.

purchase your moleys,- they are appox. 3.5”x5.5” – pick out a theme - fill out and decorate the first non-accordian pages with your name, address, and travel plan - You may decorate the cover or not - Then, the first 3 pages are all yours - This is a good time to establish your theme and color scheme – this will give your fellow artist a better sense of your theme.

you will create a four page layout in each journal you receive – Please do only your very best work

Optional – include a little something extra in the back pocket of the journal for the artist working on your journal – this can be a bit of pretty fiber, or art paper - atc– signurture card- small charm – bookmark – what ever catches your fancy - This is just for fun – some of members want to play, but no pressure on anyone to participate

remember to mail on TIME and use first class mail with Mandatory tracking/delivery Confirmations - use a well padded bubble envie, sturdy box or a small Flat Rate Box - for $4.95 to anywhere in the US, at any weight up to 70 lbs., Priority Mail shipping takes just 2-3 days, in the USA.
    After you mail post to the thread that you have mailed and post the tracking/delivery confirmations.

For eyecandy check out the gallerys here and there are several groups at flickr
    (links to come)

so if you are up for all those rules and ready to get on the molie train - pm me or post here in the thread - PLEASE read over the above carefully before signing up. Then get ready for the big art party moleskine blowout

Participants and themes:

so if you would still like to join there is room for 8 people in the molie group

1. goatgoddess
    theme - Books, the pages between - this can be a quote from your fav. book - pages from a book used in your art - art showing a scene from your fav book - anything and everything to do with books

2. seekingforart
    theme - My theme will be huichol folk art.... your interpretation! I have attached two links, these are yarn paintings! Remember your interpretation so don't stress over it!
    http://www.mexicanartdealing.com/app...lbumid=3520307

http://www.latinamericanfolkart.com/...l_item_245.htm

3. 1 Art Lady
    theme - Show me your Imaginary Garden....
    It might be real, It might not.. It might have roses, but they have thorns too! There might be bugs, there might not. It might have a bridge over a stream, that has a troll living underneath, it might not. It might be beautiful and lush with fairies flitting around, it might have man eating plants.... Show me your imaginary/real garden....

4. JavaZarf
    theme - the trunk in the attic to explain more:
    Please use your imagination as to what you might find in the trunk in the attic. It could be: grandma’s old love letters or diary, old family photos, vintage clothing, a portal to another place, jewelry, books, deeds or stock certificates, a treasure map, quilt, bugs, creepy stuff, mystery items, linens, samplers, etc.

5. GoldenWolf
    theme - dark carnival/circus - along the lines of the TV series Carnivale. So more Twilight Zone dark than Friday the 13th scary.

6. penlowe
    theme - trees, flowers & birds (all, some, just one, whatever combination that strikes your fancy) Open media...

7. dewtee
    theme - Oriental (this would be East or South East Asia: China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) . . . open to whatever you want to do such as folklore, quotes, landscapes, buildings, gardens, geisha, landmarks, dragons, animal, flowers, etc . . .

8. corrie04
    theme - typography (letters/numbers)

************************************************** ****************************

Green = sent Blue = Rec

Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf->corrie04->Dewtee->seekingforart->1 Art Lady->JavaZarf->Penlowe

Penlowe->Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf->corrie04->Dewtee->seekingforart->1 Art Lady->JavaZarf

GoldenWolf->corrie04->Dewtee->seekingforart->1 Art Lady->JavaZarf->Penlowe->Goatgoddess

corrie04->Dewtee->seekingforart->1 Art Lady->JavaZarf->Penlowe->Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf

Dewtee->seekingforart->1 Art Lady->JavaZarf->Penlowe->Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf->corrie04

seekingforart->1 Art Lady->JavaZarf->Penlowe->Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf->Dewtee->corrie04

1 Art Lady->JavaZarf->Penlowe->Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf->Dewtee->corrie04->seekingforart

JavaZarf->Penlowe->Goatgoddess-> GoldenWolf->corrie04->Dewtee->seekingforart->1 Art Lady

Starting date March 1st

Last edited by goatgoddess; 07-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would like to be in lucky 13
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    JavaZarf - very cool - welcome to the molie group

will start up March 1st to give us time to get everything set

just need your contact info

address, e-mail and phone number - just in case

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so excited to be part of Party Time Lucky 13!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    do we get to have a party bus?
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah a Party Bus would rock <G>

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on the party bus! Yeah!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course we have a party bus... I'm thinking purple?!? Maybe some sparkles? What do you all think?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ah yes, metallic purple and lots of chrome
    and a starbucks on board
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a starbucks or my fav caribou on board, and of course a spot for beverages of our selection of the other sort! Still thinking on what my theme will be, but I am narrowing it down.... What about everyone else? Any themes out there yet?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    my theme is going to be the trunk in the attic
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh!!! Fun one!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you are willing to put up with dumb newbie questions, I'd like to join up since I hesitated and lost last time. Also January is hectic for me. The March start date is more doable especially since I left my moley at home duh.

Let me think up my theme. Is there any Bailey's to go with the Starbucks?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is an anything you could want bus
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it is an anything you want bus! "Bus boys" anyone?!?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i mean!
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    moley bus! let me think about this some. i love group art adventures!

i do have one question/issue. it is quite possible i'll be moving states this summer (OMG I HOPE I GET THIS JOB I AM INTERVIEWING FOR!!). how would that be handled with something like this? mail ahead and come back at the end for that month or two? i'm guessing it will take a month or two. i'll have internet and, with planning, i can pull supplies to work on things while moving/settling in. just might be offline for a couple weeks BUT will have my cell phone for communications. I can also provide backup contact info incase i go MIA (aka my mommy dearest in seattle!)

dewtee is offline Tipping on the tightrope . . .
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna play in lucky 13!!!!

My theme would be anything Oriental (this would be East or South East Asia: China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) . . . open to whatever you want to do such as folklore, quotes, landscapes, buildings, gardens, geisha, landmarks, dragons, animal, flowers, etc . . .
    Last edited by dewtee; 12-31-2010 at 01:31 AM.
    I always leave rep points, please leave me rep points if you recieve a piece of my art . . . thanks!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh goodie. i love oriental and have a lot of oriental papers and text, etc.
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to play, too... I've been wanting to do a mixed media moley. My theme will be typography (letters/numbers).