IRELAND WITH AN EDGE, due March 17, 2011

Well well. "dark creepy and twisted"....that could work!
I have a lot on for this due date....let me see what I can come up with before I join...would hate to say yes then flake!

Thanks for thinking of me Joe, just the fact that you even mentioned the Pogues makes me want to join your swap. Them, Flogging Molly & Flatfoot 56 are some of my favorite groups.
I would love to join your swap, but we are in the process of selling our house and not sure what my addy will be come March. Hopefully somewhere in Arizona.
If I can get a couple other commitments done, and we can work out an arrangement for the mailing, then I'm in! So for the moment... Gonna lurk. Love the theme!

Well Joe I just spent a LOOOOONG time on You Tube having a Pogues party. Shane breaks my heart...and the Subaru commercial thing cracks me up.
I'll be lurking this one for a bit...I am dating an Irish Fool...if he is not inspiration I sure don;t know what could be !

Welcome Griffkeeper, melynda, and gbennett1989!

As long as we're giving shout outs to great versions of Irish music, I'm going to make a plug for The Dropkick Murphys' cover of Fields of Athenry.

Bad parenting anecdote: Last year we had to have a sit down with my 5 year old daughter and explain that even though it is an Irish song, and even though mom and dad sing along with it, Whiskey You're the Devil is not an ok song to sing at school on St Patrick's Day.

Last edited:
Ireland research in one book

I'll have to do some research, but please count me in!
Here's a book that very interesting and a fast read. "How the Irish Saved Civilization"
I parphrazed a bit of it in my adding to the list thing. dropping my "h".
And Joe that is a funny one about your daughter, yeah. good times making me smile.
Peace,
Bridget

a very cool site. and of course, I looked my name and there was my nickname my Dad called-Biddy! He passed away in '95, but I can still recall..."Biddy!! You'll not go out with with e' curry hanging out like that!" this is a Glaswegian accent-he was raised in Scotland. But now I have to do Biddy.

I have wonderful cards here from Vicki Z and Russell. Thank you both for the host card as well.

Getting close to the deadline, but we can take on some new players if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom