lenoralb

ATC Novice
Media
Read Me A Story!

Cards due by: March 1, 2011
Withdrawals by: February 14, 2011
Number of cards: 3/3
Number of players: 12

WARNING: Recall your childhood before attempting to create!

This is a swap remembering when the weather was so bad and there was nothing to do but for Mom to read a story so you can imagine what the main character was going through. Or that all important bed time story that you had read to you over and over again. No matter what the weather or even if you didn't want to go to bed at that time, the story just made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside... like a hot cup of cocoa on a blizzard filled week.

What story or stories were your favorite and recreate them on 3 ATC cards. These cards don't all have to be different stories. You can take one story and create three scenes from it.

Postage: Please send a SASE with your cards for your returns. I will pay the postage for the first three INT'L swaps. Other INT'L artists must send with their cards and a well concealed dollar. I will provide the envelope for those returns.

For my address please PM me. I will be looking forward to your anticipation in getting started and the final result.

List of participants:
Cards Received
1. kstyles
2. CynthiaSillitoe
3. SunTrade
4. Pikkis
5. rockinrobin
6. Joss
7. momoeight
8. gbennett1989
9. CandeeLynn
10.AmericanHwyFlower
11.kentuckydakota

International
1. lemurkat

Last edited:
Saw a similar swap awhile ago that I missed. What a great theme! I will have to lurk for now but am looking forward to seeing what everyone produces.
Good luck with your first swap! :)

Done!

I absolutely love this swap, and I actually drew like 20 cards. Literally.

I will be posting them in my gallery as I paint them.

I chose these ones for the swap. Hope you all like them! They are from: Rapunzel, the Red Riding Hood, the Frog Prince, and Jonas and the Whale.

fables.jpg

Hi,
So glad to have such a good response.
I hope you won't be lurking for long Anna. Happy to have you KStyles.
Have at it Cynthia. I will be looking forward to your creations.

I'm also loving this theme, having just spent a couple of hours back in Camelot, and hoping to return tomorrow.

One question: are rubber stamps ok?

Rubber stamps are cool Cynthia.
So glad to have you join Joss.
Oh, momoeight, thank you for joining in.

I am so excited to see all of the results!

I am torn with what to submit for this one.... I have two ideas - one is a book I loved in my younger days that likely none of you will recognise - "Rebecca's World" by Terry Nation (published 1975, I still have my copy), the other are the Serendipity books by Stephen Cosgrove which I started collecting a few years ago (as a nostalgia thing, I read them first in school) and which noone else I bump into (in NZ) seems to remember. Anyone wanna push me in one direction or another?
I'm thinking I might go with the Serendipity, as they're a little less obscure.

Btw, I am currently collecting the Serendipity books, so if anyone finds any cheap, can they let me know?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom