Ginger Cats and Koi! A Hand Drawn or Painted Swap - Due April 22, 2011

Evil Seedlet

A Clean Surface's Worst Nightmare
Media
Swap Due Date - April 22
Signup/withdraw date - You can sign up or withdraw at any time before the due date as long as your cards are on time.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 12 (plus me)

Ginger Cats and Koi! A Hand Drawn or Painted Swap!
\

SWAP IS FULL!!
Thanks for looking!

I don't know what it is, but I just love pictures and drawings of cats and fish together. And gingers (AKA orange tabby cats) have captured my heart since my first-ever cat Dopey came into my life-- or should I say since I came into his, as he was older than me! Plus out of all the fish, I find koi and fancy goldfish to be the most interesting to look at, and it doesn't hurt that their golden tones match that of a ginger's! So this swap is about bringing these two things together-- or not!

Swap Specific Rules:
  • All participants must create 3 ATCs themed either with a ginger cat, a koi fish (or a fancy goldfish), or both together. You can make one of each, or all of the same (ie, 3 cat cards or 3 fish cards, or 3 with both) as long as each card contains at least a fish or a cat.
  • All cards MUST be hand painted or drawn. No digital media or collage. Using special papers as the background of your card is ok, as long as everything else was drawn by your own hand.
  • Cards should be in color, how you choose to color them is up to you.
  • All 3 cards must be different! No factory line production.
  • Please chat in the thread! Post pictures of your cherished ginger cats or links to pictures that have inspired you. Post your finished work if you wish and let us drool! Talk about your old cat or goldfish and what he meant to you.
  • I will pay for two (2) international players. Any additional ones who wish to play must provide their own postage in the form of US stamps, well-concealed cash or a paypal payment.

General Rules:
  • Players of all skill levels welcome.
  • Cards must be received by me by the due date. Late cards with no explanation will be returned with a neutral iTrader rating given.
  • Participants upon receiving their returns should leave me an iTrader rating, and leave reputation points for those who they received cards from.
  • Make sure your cards are of standard 2.5"x3.5" size.
  • Make cards of a decent thickness. Standard paper or cardstock is not thick enough, try to double-layer stock or use heavy watercolor paper (or something equally thick) to make your cards.
  • Send all cards with a plastic sleeve.
  • Please include at LEAST your ATCsForAll username, swap name, and state or country of origin on the back of all cards, but more information is always better!
  • This should be a given with the hand-drawn mandate, but NO thick embellishments on any card! All cards should be smooth and flat.
  • A hostess card is NOT required, but would be cherished forever!

Mailing Your Cards:

Along with your cards, all participants should send a legal-sized SASE with as much postage as it took to send to me. Most of you have probably developed a packing method that works well for you, but if you are new I suggest taping your cards together so they are flat and in a line so your envelope isn't too thick. Make sure to write your name and address clearly on your SASE. You can ask me for my address any time.

My promises to you:

I promise to keep this thread updated with news on who's cards I have received. I promise to communicate with participants and potential players on the rules and status of this swap when asked. I also promise to swap like-for-like as well as I can with the cards that are sent to me, and to leave iTrader points for all of those who send me cards for this swap. I pledge to send returns out in a timely manner and to update users when cards have been sent. Please post or PM me with ANY questions you may have, or to sign up or withdraw.

Example Art:

View attachment 65054View attachment 65055View attachment 65056View attachment 65262

Players:

International Received

0) Evil Seedlet
1) Maineatc
2) blueanchors3
3) sabrinalouisemiller
4) SharonPMartin
5) Art101
6) FaeLynn
7)Halla
8) momoeight
9) BayBird

Members of Lurkdom:

1) AnnaAardvark
2) Nightvamp
3) novasmem

Last edited:
I think I am going to post a picture of a ginger cat and a koi/fancy goldfish every day or two for inspiration! Here are the first ones..

Some beautiful Koi fish from flickr
2499519099_b58ffe8100.jpg

A beautiful ginger with white paws, also from Flickr:
2605810_cf9581faee.jpg

Both pictures have creative commons licenses that say I can share these pictures as long as I credit them, which I do in their links. All the pictures I post will be like this.

Can you add me to the lurkers list? Once I clear out my swap requirements from other websites I would love t join this one but don't want to overcommit too early!

I'm with Sabrina...I definitely want in on this...but I have to hurry and finish a few other things this weekend...

your sample cards are unbelievable

<3 thank you so much for your compliment Novasmem, and you are added to the list. Good luck in your other endeavors!

And to add to the thread, I just finished painting a pair of shoes I am doing on commission, and one of the sides "just so happens" to feature a ginger cat and a koi fish!

View attachment 65261

Thanks! I wish I could keep them for myself! They'll get a proper photoshoot once I finish the last few touches.

Back
Top Bottom